PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 arcade

BARF
10-31-2008, 06:26 PM
does the xbox arcade have the ring of death problem, because i just bought it to have a second xbox at work

Clipse
10-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Not 100% sure, but I would have to assume it would.

BARF
10-31-2008, 07:13 PM
aren't all the xbox's updated now where they do not get the rings of death

Predaphin
10-31-2008, 07:47 PM
does the xbox arcade have the ring of death problem, because i just bought it to have a second xbox at work

The Xbox 360 console itself originally has the red ring of death. There is no way to avoid it if your system is prone to it.

In many ways, if your systme is prone to it, you better off getting it right away so you can send it off to Microsoft and get it fixed (considering it was bought legitly). I think it has more to do with the usage (or overheating) of the console.

It doesn't matter whether your shopping, on the arcade, or playing a game, as long as it's on, it will overheat with due time.

I do beleive the newer systems have been corrected, but don't quote me. I had the red rings about 6 months into playing with my console and finally sent it to Microsoft. I got it back and no problems since, and i'm going on about 5 months.

BARF
10-31-2008, 08:29 PM
yeah i bought the cooling fan for it justin case

BARF
10-31-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah i have the elite xbox at my home i have not had any problems with it thank god, i need the arcade one when i leave town and stay at my job which is a hotel, so basically it is a get by xbox when i am not home