PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Edwards?

mroz
11-02-2008, 03:34 PM
has something like 5 turnovers in the past four quarters of football he played in.

Is the NFL adjusting to him?

daniel3
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Being exposed as a creampuff. Like the rest of the Bills roster!

feelthepain
11-02-2008, 04:22 PM
has something like 5 turnovers in the past four quarters of football he played in.

Is the NFL adjusting to him?

Haven't you heard? Trents the best QB in the division, according to Bill fans of course!! It's only a matter of a few more games and Bill fans will be convinced he's the greatest to ever stand behind center.:rolleyes2:

Blackocrates
11-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Today, I would say it's Kris Jenkins. They guy is playing like a man among boys. He's been in Edwards' face all day.

ChambersWI
11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
he was never really that impressive to begin with. He was/is a decent game manager, but he's not gonna beat you by himself.

DaBills4life
11-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Well its around the time teams have enough on a player to game plan to stop him.

That said, his turnovers have not been because of that. The Bills have had no trouble moving the football for the most part, he is making very bad mistakes. The QB sneak last week when he stuck out the ball, the INT this week were just very poor decisions.

Cant win with turnovers.

feelthepain
11-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Well its around the time teams have enough on a player to game plan to stop him.

That said, his turnovers have not been because of that. The Bills have had no trouble moving the football for the most part, he is making very bad mistakes. The QB sneak last week when he stuck out the ball, the INT this week were just very poor decisions.

Cant win with turnovers.
Is it starting to set in? When the Bills have to play teams that are not god awful Buffalo is the same ol Buffalo?? At what point this year have the Bills really and truly been a top 5 team? Like I said AT BEST the Bills are a top 15 team, but after the last 2 weeks I would question a top 15 team.

DaBills4life
11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Is it starting to set in? When the Bills have to play teams that are not god awful Buffalo is the same ol Buffalo?? At what point this year have the Bills really and truly been a top 5 team? Like I said AT BEST the Bills are a top 15 team, but after the last 2 weeks I would question a top 15 team.

I dont know who said the Bills were a top anything team.

What is frustrating me the most is the Bills are turning the football over like crazy lately.

feelthepain
11-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I dont know who said the Bills were a top anything team.

What planet are you on? Have you not argued with me over how good the Bills really are? Have I not said from day one the Bills are not that good of a team? Have I not made post after post expressing this feeling? Have you not been here questioning my opinion over what I think of the Bills, based on your stats against some of the worst teams in the league? Seriously, do you forget everything you say and write five seconds after you say it or write it?? Comon!!!!

PhinzN703
11-03-2008, 12:05 AM

Talk about a chip on your shoulder. SO the Bills are 5-3, what's so wrong about that? I mean geez, so the Bills fans were enjoying their great start, they have every right to do that.

You might need to talk to a message board shrink or something :)

feelthepain
11-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Talk about a chip on your shoulder. SO the Bills are 5-3, what's so wrong about that? I mean geez, so the Bills fans were enjoying their great start, they have every right to do that.

You might need to talk to a message board shrink or something :)

Why, for expressing an opinion?? I guess we should all see a message board shrink!

BillsFanInPeace
11-03-2008, 06:25 AM
The Bills just dropped two very winable games. Because they all of the sudden started playing like the young team that they still are.

Their QB is starting to look like a QB with a years worth of games under his belt and makinf mistakes.

they are still a very good team that is on the verge of their window opening up, just need to stop the mistakes.

quinninin1
11-03-2008, 07:33 AM
You know the most important stat of the bills and their little savior boy is:

5-0 vs teams under 500

0-3 vs teams over 500

Just an average team with an easy schedule, all it is....

That being said somehow they will be ranked in the top 12 to 15, when will the nfl commentators realize how grossly overated this team is?

quinninin1
11-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Just some more stats on the Bills this year,

Combined record of teams they beat is 12-28

Combined record of teams they lost to is 15-9

Overall record of opponents 27 - 37

Compare that to the Fins (This finheaven, so gotta compare them to the dolphins)

Combined record of teams they beat 17-15

Combined record of teams they lost to is 18-14

Overall record of opponents is 35-29

djfresh47
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
I think the Bills problem is their offensive line has been awful. Kris Jenkins dominated them yesterday.

Finch83
11-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I have been saying it for weeks now...the problem is Dick Jauron...and they just gave him a 3 year extension BWHAHAHAHA!!

emeraldfin
11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I dont think it can be under-estimated how good the Jets are. Their defense is very good, not only able to shut down the run but also able to get to the QB and turnover the ball.

The Bills have show in previous weeks that they give up sacks and if the run does'nt do the job, the offense stutters. Always felt the Jets had the edge and was a matter of the Jets O turning up.

If the Jets can get a bit of consistancy from Favre, then they will win this division. Thats all I feel is holding them back at the moment.

feelthepain
11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I think the Bills problem is their offensive line has been awful. Kris Jenkins dominated them yesterday.

For a team that was leading the Division by such a wide margin and many Bill fans and (others) that seem to think the Bills are/were for real, we sure do see a lot of different posts in this one thread pointing out a different weakness for that team. Which leads one to wonder, what exactly people were thinking when praising that team?:err:

feelthepain
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
I dont think it can be under-estimated how good the Jets are. Their defense is very good, not only able to shut down the run but also able to get to the QB and turnover the ball.

The Bills have show in previous weeks that they give up sacks and if the run does'nt do the job, the offense stutters. Always felt the Jets had the edge and was a matter of the Jets O turning up.

If the Jets can get a bit of consistancy from Favre, then they will win this division. Thats all I feel is holding them back at the moment.

I agree, I think they could figure out a way to put it all together and win the division. I think Bretts injury (shoulder), could be key to their standings in the division. If it continues to get worse they could be in trouble. But if the injury is just a small set back they'll be a real tough team to beat at home or on the road. I think they have the best shot at the division right now, simply because I think they have the most complete defense and a verteran experienced QB. Question is, will Mangina piss it all away...pun intended.

djfresh47
11-03-2008, 03:16 PM
For a team that was leading the Division by such a wide margin and many Bill fans and (others) that seem to think the Bills are/were for real, we sure do see a lot of different posts in this one thread pointing out a different weakness for that team. Which leads one to wonder, what exactly people were thinking when praising that team?:err:

When teams win flaws are ignored, when they lose flaws are exposed. The Giants are the best team in the league, IMO and I don't think they're dominant. The AFC isn't very good. The Titans are 8-0 but they've got Collins and the Steelers still can't protect Big Ben. All but 3 teams have a shot at the playoffs. It's possible the AFC West is the worst division i've seen since a few years ago when I think Seattle won the NFC West going 8-8.

Zandimd
11-03-2008, 03:17 PM
yeah there was some terrible decisions by the bills coaching staff last week...i thought the fake punt on their own 20 was a terrible idea, which they got really lucky on..and going for the 4th down conversion instead of making the easy 3...im just glad im not a bills fan right now i really do not see an upside to the rest of their season. On the other hand i think a lot of people are forgetting how young edwards still is, and i think they bills will bounce back and beat the pats this week...well at least im pulling for them.

PhinzN703
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Why, for expressing an opinion?? I guess we should all see a message board shrink!

No but you jump to conclusions way too quickly. Do you drink 45 cups of coffee before every post?

feelthepain
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
No but you jump to conclusions way too quickly. Do you drink 45 cups of coffee before every post?

What conclusion did I jump to?

BuffaloSoldier2
11-04-2008, 12:16 PM

I'll say the Jets defense really impressed me. Didn't think they were as good as they looked. That said, that is an average football team. Thomas Jones is 3 yards and a cloud of dust, Farve should have retired, and they have absolutely no deep threats. The Bills turned the ball over twice in the redzone and missed a fg. They beat themselves.

Conan
11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
If the jets can get some consistently good play from Favre they make a very strong bid for the division title. Amazing how bad the afc is this year

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
As far as the East is concerned. I don't remember the last time I can remember saying this but it's better for the Dolphins and Jets if the Pats win this week vs Buffalo.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Kris Jenkins has done that to everyone we have played except when his back injury has flared up.He is playing like a Pro Bowler and it will be a travesty if he isn't selected.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll say the Jets defense really impressed me. Didn't think they were as good as they looked. That said, that is an average football team. Thomas Jones is 3 yards and a cloud of dust, Farve should have retired, and they have absolutely no deep threats. The Bills turned the ball over twice in the redzone and missed a fg. They beat themselves.
Our deep threat was hurt in preseason(David Clowney) and he is close to being activated.He has practiced for about two weeks now and with no restrictions last week.I think he is being saved as a surprise for NE.He was fantastic in preseason until he broke his collar bone.He led all receivers during preseason and only played in two games.He had two 70 plus yard TD's against Cleveland.He is very fast............

feelthepain
11-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Kris Jenkins has done that to everyone we have played except when his back injury has flared up.He is playing like a Pro Bowler and it will be a travesty if he isn't selected.

He's a man among boy's that's for sure.

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 07:16 PM

He always seemed to be hurt with Carolina. If he was healthy I don't think he would've been available.

jetsman
11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
He always seemed to be hurt with Carolina. If he was healthy I don't think he would've been available.
Actually,he never missed a snap the last two seasons he was with Carolina.He had issues with the team quitting on the field and he voiced those opinions publicly.That's why he is not there anymore.He asked them to trade him.I live just outside Charlotte.

djfresh47
11-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Actually,he never missed a snap the last two seasons he was with Carolina.He had issues with the team quitting on the field and he voiced those opinions publicly.That's why he is not there anymore.He asked them to trade him.I live just outside Charlotte.

You're right. He missed most of 04 and 05.