PDA

View Full Version : Slammball!?!? SLAMBALL!!??!! R U kidding me? Time to boycott CBS

moe
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
For those that may not know, all the Orlando Fin fans have been getting screwed ever since the faguars cam into the league. Any time the fins and faguars play at the same time, we have to go to the bar or resort to the radio. Today, the jags play at 1 and the fins play at 4 so you might think they'd show the game...well, instead they've elected to play....

SLAMBALL!!!!!
:shakeno:

This is downright unAmerican!!! I'd like to call for a boycott of cbs.

phishinphin
11-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Get Sunday ticket bro. I used to live in the Tampa area and fought the same kind of crap.

SuperMarksBros.
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
sunday ticket is a must

bigmiamifan
11-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I feel your pain. At least 105.9 gets the radio broadcasts.

killakaruchi
11-02-2008, 05:58 PM
i'm going through it too in tallahassee, it totally sux

Sulamar
11-02-2008, 06:04 PM
For those that may not know, all the Orlando Fin fans have been getting screwed ever since the faguars cam into the league. Any time the fins and faguars play at the same time, we have to go to the bar or resort to the radio. Today, the jags play at 1 and the fins play at 4 so you might think they'd show the game...well, instead they've elected to play....

SLAMBALL!!!!!

Boycott the NFL then, it is their stupid rules as to why they cant show a game.

Believe me, CBS would rather show a football game and make a ton of money off comercials.

phishinphin
11-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Boycott the NFL then, it is their stupid rules as to why they cant show a game.

Believe me, CBS would rather show a football game and make a ton of money off comercials.

This is not correct. The NFL rules allow the local affiliates to air whatever game they choose. This is a local affiliate choice, not the NFL. Boycott the local affiliate not the NFL.

bigmiamifan
11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
It is the NFL. The Jags have 'claimed' Orlando as a local market and the NFL agrees. The affiliate only shows what stream they are fed. So, send emails to the NFL asking that Orlando be taken out of the Jags market and put into the Fins market.

phishinphin
11-02-2008, 06:18 PM
It is the NFL. The Jags have 'claimed' Orlando as a local market and the NFL agrees. The affiliate only shows what stream they are fed. So, send emails to the NFL asking that Orlando be taken out of the Jags market and put into the Fins market.

The affiliate receives all feeds. If they weren't available, then Sunday Ticket would not be possible.

uga3406
11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
cbs does sucks i have been saying this 4 weeks..it is funny cause all week they prmoted a double header,, wow what a joke i have even said this during the ncaa b-ball tourney that there coverage is a joke ....

Namor
11-02-2008, 06:33 PM
When Jax finally moves to L.A. ..It will go back to the way it used to be in the
old days.

Schleprock
11-02-2008, 06:41 PM

SLAMBALL!!!!!

sorry buddy, but CBS does not have a doubleheader this week due to contractual reasons with Fox (for the most part they alternate weeks on who gets 2 games).

Sooooo, all CBS gets is a 1pm game unless the market team is playing at 4pm. Orlando's market team is Jax. Jax played at 1pm. CBS is done for the day. Just because Miami is in the same state doesn't mean anything, it's no different than, for example, a person in Buffalo claiming they should get a Jets or Giants came at 4pm because Buffalo played at 1pm.

Avigatorx
11-02-2008, 09:17 PM

SLAMBALL!!!!!

I feel you bro, when I lived in Orlando it used to piss me off to no end.

When the Jags came into the league they just crammed them down our throats, even though most of O-town had been Fin fans forever. (And Bucs fans)

Its even worst when you have to watch a game in a sports bar (which is usually some other team's fan club.)

Eventually I just moved lol.

Only advice I could give you other than that is to:

a) Get the NFL package
b) Go to the games (if we are home)
c) Drive south for the weekend
d) Hope the Jags move to Los Angeles

joemalzacher
11-02-2008, 09:21 PM
So how was SLAMBALL?? I was live in Jax and we got the same crap. Went to the sportsnbar.

Sirspud
11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Sports bar my friend. If you don't take the initiative to look ahead and see if the game is on in your area, then it's your own fault that you miss games. I hate the way I am cheated in the Tampa area by not getting ever-other game, but I've learned how to deal with it.

finz810
11-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I will soon feel the pain, ill b leavin for College in Ohio next fall.....wat am i going to do????

WitheringPlant
11-02-2008, 09:42 PM
CBS only had a single-header this week. Fox had the double header. Hence, CBS could only play one game. As Jacksonville was on in the morning, they could not play a game in the afternoon. If you are going to complain, at least complain about the right people.

aquaman54
11-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I couldn't agree more.I live here in Jax,and I've hated the Jags ever since they were born here.And alot of it,is for the very reasons you've stated.I was born with a 'Fin sticking out of my back,and was able to watch them most every week........that is,until the Jags came to town.I hate them with a passion.NOBODY hates them anymore than I do.I hope they continue on their struggling quest,and Whine Weaver will pack up and move to L.A.....Every off-season,that subject seems to rear up,and bear it's teeth.Then,as the season nears,he'll(Weaver)come out and deny that the team was ever considered for a move.......so he can sell as many tickets as possible.I can't understand how they get the hype they do.They are WAYYYYY OVERRATED,yet still,the media and fans try to sell them in the same breath as the Colts,Patriots,Cowboys,Giants........you get the picture.They are average at best,and their struggle to lift blackouts every game dictates that.Jax is a college football town in my opinion.The novelty has worn off,and only the true diehards remain.I do,however,tip my hat to those fans.They are a rare breed,and deserve better than what they've been getting from the front office.......stop-gap/average players.But "IF" they move..........I SURE WONT MISS'EM!!!

moe
11-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Get Sunday ticket bro. I used to live in the Tampa area and fought the same kind of crap.
My problem with the ticket is this...
I am a Dolphins fan. If I wanted all the other 31 teams crammed down my throat, I'd watch espn any day of the week. The cost is also prohibitive (the last time I checked) because they tack on a bunch of spam to make it seem like a worthy expenditure. However, I only have a need to see two teams in action (Miami Dolphins and their opponents) as for all the others, scores and highlights will suffice. If they had a reasonably priced option for just one selected team, I would be all on that. Instead they opt to rape the fans for all that they can.

sorry buddy, but CBS does not have a doubleheader this week due to contractual reasons with Fox (for the most part they alternate weeks on who gets 2 games).

Sooooo, all CBS gets is a 1pm game unless the market team is playing at 4pm. Orlando's market team is Jax. Jax played at 1pm. CBS is done for the day. Just because Miami is in the same state doesn't mean anything, it's no different than, for example, a person in Buffalo claiming they should get a Jets or Giants came at 4pm because Buffalo played at 1pm. Oh, I didn't know that, before, both channels would always have 2 games 1 nfc 1 afc that's what I always thought.

I would make the same argument for the NY situation that you supplied. However, in our case, we were claimed without a say in the matter. When an opportunity exists to play both teams in a contested (or recently changed) territory such as Orlando, It should be done. IMO

PS
This really has very little to do with other sports. can I get a mod to move it again...at least to "general NFL"...if not to the "Mami Dolphins" forum.

djfresh47
11-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I think it's a non-issue. I'm sure nobody wants to watch "slamball," and CBS and Fox would both love to have double-headers every week for ratings.

WVDolphan
11-04-2008, 12:04 AM

SLAMBALL!!!!!

Wow. First of all MAN UP and get Sunday Ticket already.

Secondly, if you insist on whining, at least learn the broadcast rules that the networks have to follow. FOX had the doubleheader last week. CBS can only show one game in each market. Come on man, get with it.

Those of us not living anywhere near Florida have had to pony up for years now to see the games so I dont really sympathize with those who dont get the games for free anyways. Quit whining. These games have been available to everyone for almost a decade and a half now.

nosleep
11-04-2008, 09:14 AM
I was thinking the same damned thing, I turn the channel and find Slamball...

F'ing SLAMBALLLLLL

X-Pacolypse
11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I feel your pain, but don't blame the local affiliate. Blame the NFL. The NFL has this whole rule of "protecting the home team." I know, it's ridiculous and competition amongst markets would be better for the NFL as a whole. However, it is what it is.

PhinzN703
11-05-2008, 04:41 PM

Secondly, if you insist on whining, at least learn the broadcast rules that the networks have to follow. FOX had the doubleheader last week. CBS can only show one game in each market. Come on man, get with it.

Those of us not living anywhere near Florida have had to pony up for years now to see the games so I dont really sympathize with those who dont get the games for free anyways. Quit whining. These games have been available to everyone for almost a decade and a half now.

:lol:

GoonBoss
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM!
:evilmod:

moe
11-07-2008, 06:43 PM

Calm down, Roger Goodell.
I don't see how not buying the Sunday Ticket makes me any less of a man. Perhaps I am unable to afford such an expenditure in these tough economic times. We all can't be Internet tough guys who have time sit around on our computers all day and argue with other Internet tough guys. The league makes plenty of money off of me already without buying the Ticket.

I already acknowledged my ignorance about the broadcasting rules, so why continue on that. MY BAD. How about you quit whining.

I don't sympathise with people in WV who don't get the Fins games because they have no real reason to. They were never part of the dolphin territory. If I moved out of state (which I may do) I would not expect to see the dolphins games for free nor would I hold any contempt for those did get to see them for free.

Whatever.