PDA

View Full Version : is Madden better than NCAA Football 2004?

wonderl33t
09-19-2003, 05:44 PM
I bought NCAA right when it came out in August and that's been the only game I've played since.... I hear good and bad things about Madden, but the general consensus seems to be a thumbs up. But a question for those who have both, is Madden worth the buy? I may just wait until the price comes down...

MarinoFan4Life
09-19-2003, 08:27 PM
I like Madden a whole lot better than NCAA... but I like Pro football a whole lot more than I like NCAA football too, so I might not be the best to judge. As far as gameplay goes, they are pretty even.

iybex
09-19-2003, 10:09 PM
both good games but i lean towards ncaa.. atmosphere does it for me.. comebacks and such.. cant beat the excitemente of college football.. kirk and corso are great commentators.. madden and michaels are boring as hell.. as far as the gameplay.. i give it to ncaa.. ncaa is just more fun and better to play in my opinion.

Prime Time
09-20-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
I like Madden a whole lot better than NCAA... but I like Pro football a whole lot more than I like NCAA football too, so I might not be the best to judge. As far as gameplay goes, they are pretty even.

Your sig maks no sense...Football is the best sport because it has the least amount of games????

(Dr Evil Voice) "R-I-G-H-T"

wonderl33t
09-22-2003, 07:36 PM
I think I'll wait for Madden's price to go down then

Thanks

AngryDolphins
09-22-2003, 08:39 PM
That's gonna take long man.

MarinoFan4Life
09-22-2003, 09:08 PM
My sig DOES make sense... We want it SO BADLY to get here(football season) and then when it does, we only get 16 Dolphins games.... maybe 19-20 if we're LUCKY. BUT in Baseball, the offseason is shorter, and there are a WHOLE lot more games... Football makes you wait longer, and doesn't bore you with so many games... understand?

Prime Time
09-25-2003, 04:15 PM
It doesn't "bore us" with so many games because it can't have that many games because everyone would get injured. Your sig makes no sense.

Scrap
09-25-2003, 04:50 PM
I understand the sig. I've always felt that way myself. If we had 100 games in a season, it would take away from the sport. Yeah, football would still be football, but when you have 100 games, any single game would feel less important. (This is all assuming the team could last that long without breaking each other into pieces) If baseball had 16 to 20 game seasons, people would take time to enjoy it more, IMO.
Heck, I might even be able to stand baseball then.

Prime Time
09-25-2003, 08:11 PM
So just because a sport has less games does not make it the best sport....because obviously Soccer is the best sport :D ;). Anyway Let's not get into that.

MarinoFan4Life
09-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Does best = gayest in this thread?

Prime Time
09-28-2003, 11:10 PM
No...what world do you live in??? I have an idea...go grab a dictionary and look up the word best.

Dolfan54
10-01-2003, 08:14 PM
I think it depends on how deep you like to get into the games. Madden allows you to really get involved in all aspects of the game from owner down. NCAA is Coach than down, I personally like NCAA better for gameplay and Madden better for Simulation purposes. I find myself playing only a few games a season in Madden(but that may have to do with picking the Cards as my franchise). Whereas in NCAA I play every single game every season.