PDA

View Full Version : what of Beck???

ralphthedog
11-06-2008, 11:01 PM
I have been wondering what should be done with Beck.

Does he get cut sometime this season?
Does he get traded after the season?
Does he stay with the team next season?

For the fans at the game: Beck has not been active most every game this season, does he even suit up?

My thoughts is the he should be traded and if we can't trade him, then release him.

cafinfan408
11-06-2008, 11:05 PM
he does look very good with a pen and pad in his hands though i have seem him fumble the pen a few times this season.. :(

he will prob be cut after the season

dreamwalker
11-06-2008, 11:10 PM

For the fans at the game: Beck has not been active most every game this season, does he even suit up?

My thoughts is the he should be traded and if we can't trade him, then release him.

hes 3rd on the depth chart getting second round money. it would cost more to find another vet to take his place. Something has to go very wrong before your #3 qb gets into the game anyway. I honestly think he will play out his contract and then we will draft another mid round prospect

Champ
11-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Who?? Beck...the musician?? I like Beck the musician.

GoonBoss
11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
He's been inactive. I don't really see him being cut, but don't look at him playing anytime soon.

finfan3223
11-06-2008, 11:21 PM
he does look very good with a pen and pad in his hands though i have seem him fumble the pen a few times this season.. :(

he will prob be cut after the season

:sidelol::sidelol:

The Ghost
11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
John Beck spends alot more time with Dan Henning and Chad Pennington than Henne does. Henning said that John has alot of input in the offensive game plan each week. Didn't really say the same about Henne.

Henne wasn't even paying attention during the last offensive drive against the Broncos. I didn't like seeing that.

I'd like to see Beck play after playing behind Pennington for a year.

dreamwalker
11-06-2008, 11:38 PM
John Beck spends alot more time with Dan Henning and Chad Pennington than Henne does. Henning said that John has alot of input in the offensive game plan each week. Didn't really say the same about Henne.

Henne wasn't even paying attention during the last offensive drive against the Broncos. I didn't like seeing that.

:unsure:

The Ghost
11-07-2008, 12:09 AM
People can say whatever they want about Beck but he's not just going to roll over and call it a career.

If he's not gonna play here he's going to get a shot somewhere else. We'll see what kind of affect Pennington had on him.

If were basing our opinions of players solely on what happened last year, we should cut Joey Porter. Lets not assume Beck's career is over because Chad Henne was drafted on the cusp of the third round.

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
People can say whatever they want about Beck but he's not just going to roll over and call it a career.

If he's not gonna play here he's going to get a shot somewhere else. We'll see what kind of affect Pennington had on him.

If were basing our opinions of players solely on what happened last year, we should cut Joey Porter. Lets not assume Beck's career is over because Chad Henne was drafted on the cusp of the third round.

:titanic:

The Ghost
11-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I am not naive enough to judge a rookie QB that played on the 07 Dolphins.

Sorry I'd like to see him play on a real team before I cast my hall of fame vote for Henne.

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:22 AM

Sorry I'd like to see him play on a real team before I cast my hall of fame vote for Henne.

I banged the beck gong all through preseason
and during preseason i was embarassed for him.

The truth of the matter is, the way his contract is laid out Beck will probably stay with us until after his 30th birthday (when he becomes an unrestricted free agent) and then the 30 year old Beck will go out into the real NFL world without so much as playing a down during the regular season

Do you see where i am going with this?

Its the titanic all over again.

I liked him but really its over

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:25 AM
I expect that he'll be cut after this season. I can't see anybody trading for him, i guess there is a very outside chance with the way some teams have struggled with QB's this season but i can't see it. I also can't see him being here any longer, not now that he's basically going to stick at 3rd string with Pennington the established starter and Henne steadily improving. I think we kept him (rightly) as a safety valve in case of disaster this season but next year assuming Pennington and Henne will be competing for the job of a starter we'd basically have two QB's and that leaves no room for Beck.

Dfan06
11-07-2008, 12:25 AM
you know whats funny. Beck has an Arm and he is accurate. If anyone could learn a lot from Chad Pennington poise its Beck. Say what want you want but him sitting on the Bench and learning may be best for him. TWO YOUNG QB's LEARNING FROM PENNINGTON IS A PLUS!!!

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:34 AM
I expect that he'll be cut after this season. I can't see anybody trading for him, i guess there is a very outside chance with the way some teams have struggled with QB's this season but i can't see it. I also can't see him being here any longer, not now that he's basically going to stick at 3rd string with Pennington the established starter and Henne steadily improving. I think we kept him (rightly) as a safety valve in case of disaster this season but next year assuming Pennington and Henne will be competing for the job of a starter we'd basically have two QB's and that leaves no room for Beck.

I honestly dont see him cut at all. I see pennington, henne, beck, and joe blow undrafted free agent in camp.

And why bring in a vet to replace beck when we will probably be paying beck 300k and the #3 usually never sees the field anyway.

I really think he will play out his contract here, which probably will destroy what little chance he has to make it in the NFL

Dolphins7273
11-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Who?? Beck...the musician?? I like Beck the musician.

No, John Beck the mormon QB. He's not allowed to have a devil's haircut on his mind due to his beliefs.

Flip Tanneflop

Yea. Because Beck is so much better than Henne. :rolleyes:

juniorseau55
Why would you cut a player that is in need. If Penny and Henne go down then who do you expect us to start at qb? Jake Long?

SpaceMountain16

Henne hasn't actually started a game yet.

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Why would you cut a player that is in need. If Penny and Henne go down then who do you expect us to start at qb? Jake Long?

I would expect them to sign someone else, maybe a younger guy a draft pick. Especially if John Beck does have any kind of trade value left.

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:38 AM

:sidelol:

Dont scare me like that WV

It had been like 30 minutes with a Beck post up on the front page and you had not responded yet. I thought somethinig had happened to you

Flip Tanneflop
11-07-2008, 12:39 AM

A real team huh. Did it ever occur to you that last years team was much better than a 1 win team but for the QB play?????????????

Get real already man. Beck was attrotious. By far the worst player on the field for us last year. If he had been the starter for all 16 games for a team like Buffalo last year they wouldve been lucky to win a game.

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:41 AM

It had been like 30 minutes with a Beck post up on the front page and you had not responded yet. I thought somethinig had happened to you

He must have seen the "Beck Signal".....

Which before WV steals my joke, is just a QB bobbling a snap :lol:

Flip Tanneflop
11-07-2008, 12:42 AM

Just got home, but you held down the fort nicely my friend. :up:

dreamwalker
I would expect them to sign someone else, maybe a younger guy a draft pick. Especially if John Beck does have any kind of trade value left.

I am not sure what parcells habbits are with QBs, i do know most teams with 2 guys already slotted for spots usually select qbs very late in the draft if not pick up one as an undrafted free agent.

As embarassed as I was for beck this preseason i cannot see a late round guy beating out beck (he had to pick up something from pennington this year) and its not really worth it to go vet.

And i doubt anyone would trade for hm at this point (not to make it worth our while) We would need at least a 3rd to replace him in the draft.

Which like i said, sadly will destroy his career. I do not see him (unless in an extreme emergency) taking a regular season snap until after he is 30 years old

Flip Tanneflop
He must have seen the "Beck Signal".....

Which before WV steals my joke, is just a QB bobbling a snap :lol:

:lol: Good one Space.

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Just got home, but you held down the fort nicely my friend. :up:

I almost forgot beck was still with this team :(

:lol:

Flip Tanneflop
11-07-2008, 12:47 AM
I almost forgot beck was still with this team :(

Honestly, even I only remember when I need a good laugh.

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I am not sure what parcells habbits are with QBs, i do know most teams with 2 guys already slotted for spots usually select qbs very late in the draft if not pick up one as an undrafted free agent.

As embarassed as I was for beck this preseason i cannot see a late round guy beating out beck (he had to pick up something from pennington this year) and its not really worth it to go vet.

And i doubt anyone would trade for hm at this point (not to make it worth our while) We would need at least a 3rd to replace him in the draft.

Which like i said, sadly will destroy his career. I do not see him (unless in an extreme emergency) taking a regular season snap until after he is 30 years old

Well we'll see. I'm not sure too many teams have 3rd string QB's who aren't young players in their first or second year. Beck would only be in his third year, but 28 years old. Not that it matters, but he doesn't exactly have the experience for that age range to merit being on a roster as a third stringer.

I think he COULD still have some trade value, but if he does it's for a very low draft pick. I'd take something rather than nothing for him, heck maybe the Cowboys who wanted him before want him even more now after the Brad Johnson debacle (with Brooks Bollinger as his backup).

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Honestly, even I only remember when I need a good laugh.

:njfin:
you just made me depressed again

The Ghost
11-07-2008, 01:01 AM

Never said he was, never suggested that he should play before Henne. I said I think he's learning more from Pennington than Henne is and that might help him out down the road on another team.

I am just not ready to assume his NFL career is over because he played on one of the worst teams in the league history for 5 games of his rookie season. Especially not when he works that hard.

John Beck isn't going to quit playing because you hate him.

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Well we'll see. I'm not sure too many teams have 3rd string QB's who aren't young players in their first or second year. Beck would only be in his third year, but 28 years old. Not that it matters, but he doesn't exactly have the experience for that age range to merit being on a roster as a third stringer.

I think he COULD still have some trade value, but if he does it's for a very low draft pick. I'd take something rather than nothing for him, heck maybe the Cowboys who wanted him before want him even more now after the Brad Johnson debacle (with Brooks Bollinger as his backup).

excuse this computer burp (how do you get a duplicate post?)

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 01:06 AM

You do have something there, the way Dallas is going we could offer beck and end up getting romo, williams and ther first pick in the draft. :lol:

But our developmental qb is Henne (usually the #3 on the roster but happens to be our #2) So there is no real need to develop a younger guy YET (until pennington retires) Beck is cheap and as the #3 it keeps him away from the field.

Now if you can get something worth our while for beck- you jump on it
:woot:

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Never said he was, never suggested that he should play before Henne. I said I think he's learning more from Pennington than Henne is and that might help him out down the road on another team.

I am just not ready to assume his NFL career is over because he played on one of the worst teams in the league history for 5 games of his rookie season. Especially not when he works that hard.

No and he isnt going to play because you like him
(please read above posts)

Kiick72
11-07-2008, 01:11 AM

Sorry, I'm over it and don't really have alot of concern over it. I wish the guy well and all but he is not long for this team.

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 01:13 AM

Well i agree with this.....

I think his days are over with Miami, and i think it's a long shot that he ever turns out to be some kind of pro-bowler who we're going to be banging our heads against the wall about in 10 years saying "oh my god we let him go". But he was never the QB that this regime wanted, that was Chad Henne.

Beck's chances went out the window with Cam Cameron and i think that Ted Ginn may be joining them if he isn't able to find some consistency and become at least a reliable number 2 WR within the next 2 seasons. But yeah i'm with you that Beck probably isn't going to just disappear because of his sub-par play in just 5 games. Someone is going to give him another chance, just not us, and thankfully we dont have to because it appears we have two capable QB's for once.

rickyfan85
11-07-2008, 01:22 AM

You've made some solid points. I like Morman quarterbacks too. They go the extra mile. It's unfortunate that Beck had such a miserable situation under Cameron, and the same people that called for him to be the starter last year are the same people chanting for rookie Henne. LMFAO give me a break.

I just wish Henne had the heart that Beck or Pennington does. I hope those two rub off on that guy.

ralphthedog
11-07-2008, 03:52 AM
he is willing to do when he needs to get the job done. He works hard even in the meetings. I see beck becoming a quarterback coach in the future. who knows, he may be come a coach in a couple of years.

Dr. Phin
11-07-2008, 04:36 AM
IMO Beck will be the backup to Henne for the next 5 or so years. With Beck there, we won't have to draft another QB for awhile. Between Penne, Henne, and Beck...it is a position we can just ignore during the draft and offseason. Right now, it is one of the most solid positions we have...assuming Henne is what we think he is...

PENNDOLPHAN
11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
I'd like to keep Beck. Give him a chance to win the starting job next year. Competition will be good for henne and beck. Then if henne outplays beck, give him a shot with another team.

This is assuming Pennington isnt our starter next year.

emeraldfin
11-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I think if Beck wants to find encouragement he can look for it in Kyle Orton. Orton started a few games for the Bears in his rookie season, but looked very average to say the least. The next season he was third choice behind Grossman and Gresie. This season he is the starter and playing pretty good football.

Not saying this will happen to Beck (especially here) but a year on the sidelines might do him the world of good. I dont think he will ever have a career in Miami but he could do well somewhere else.

Kdawg954
11-07-2008, 08:54 AM
No question Beck's BIGGEST problem is his poise in the pocket. He has a strong arm and is accurate. Chad Pennington has been brilliant behind our OLine and to me it is FANTASTIC news to see Beck paying attention to Chad when he takes snaps, and having input on the offense.

We can't take for granted that Henne is the future . . . Beck is just as talented . . . and with this coaching staff I expect him to make strides into the right direction. It would be foolish to let him go IMO . . . we need 3 QB's . . . we can leave the position alone for a few drafts.

undefeated72
11-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Imagine if you will. A 3rd string QB patiently waits. Then, within a short period of time, the 2 QBs in front of him go down. In comes the new quy and to everyone's surprise the team wins something like 3 out of 4 games. Next season that same QB is traded for a second round draft choice to a team struggling to find a leader.

No, this is not the twilight zone.
It's happened before.

More likely scenario would be that Beck is "showcased" in preseason games next year and plays very well and a team in desperate need is willing to make a trade for a mid-round draft pick.

Kdawg954
11-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Imagine if you will. A 3rd string QB patiently waits. Then, within a short period of time, the 2 QBs in front of him go down. In comes the new quy and to everyone's surprise the team wins something like 3 out of 4 games. Next season that same QB is traded for a second round draft choice to a team struggling to find a leader.

No, this is not the twilight zone.
It's happened before.

More likely scenario would be that Beck is "showcased" in preseason games next year and plays very well and a team in desperate need is willing to make a trade for a mid-round draft pick.

Sounds like AJ Feely . . . who is the team that traded a #2 for him again???

Dredd1050
11-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I hate Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller.

IAFINFAN
11-07-2008, 10:40 AM

I agree, I think Beck can be a good QB in this league. Maybe not a starter but a very reliable back up. Kind of in the Frank Reich mold. He didn't have an type of OL in front of him last year. Hell I'd fumble to if I got the snap from C and had DL in the back field already. With the vast improvement Miami made in the OL this year would be nice to see what he could do. Unfortunately for him Pennington is on fire right now and Henne is the future so Beck will probably never get his chance here. He is a great guy and likeable so hope he gets his chance to play with another team because it doesn't appear he will in Miami.

Canadianfishfan
11-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Why would we get rid of Beck? He got absolutely ROCKED last year when we threw him to the wolves. Having him sit far out of the limelight and hone his skills is the PERFECT thing for Beck. I'm so glad the regime did the right thing, by keeping him and keeping him low key.

I say he stays till the end of his contract for sure.

shula_guy
11-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I dont know what type of money he is getting but if it is within reason, we keep him. Plain and simple this team has too many needs then to waste a pick on a third string QB, even in the late round. If someone offered us a pick for him, unless it was a good pick there is no point in accepting it because we still would need to use at least a low pick to replace his spot. Beck will be a Dolphin until this team finishes rebuilding or it finds something or someone that they just cant pass up on.

SabanHater
11-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Beck. He never really had a fair chance at anything and was kind of thrown into the fire by Cam. He does need to learn how to hold on to the ball though. Constantly fumbling the snap is unacceptable.

TedSlimmJr
11-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Cameron and Harbaugh threw Flacco into the wolves...and he responded...and Flacco isn't almost 30 years old and didn't even play D-1 college football...

Beck has to play to get better....and he's not going to get that here. Watching Pennington doesn't cure Beck of his ills....if the coaches can't make Beck hold onto the football...then Pennington can't either.

Beck's ceiling (if he remains in the NFL long enough) is to become a serviceable backup. He's not going to lead a 35 point comeback in the playoffs like Frank Reich..

greasyObnoxious
11-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Cameron and Harbaugh threw Flacco into the wolves...and he responded...and Flacco isn't almost 30 years old and didn't even play D-1 college football...

Beck has to play to get better....watching Pennington doesn't cure Beck of his ills....if the coaches can't make Beck hold onto the football...then Pennington can't either.

Beck's ceiling (if he remains in the NFL long enough) is to become a serviceable backup. He's not going to lead a 35 point comeback in the playoffs like Frank Reich..

i'm not sure anyone, not even the most rabid Bills' homers, would have thought Reich could lead a 32-point comeback.

TedSlimmJr
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
i'm not sure anyone, not even the most rabid Bills' homers, would have thought Reich could lead a 32-point comeback.

IKR....that game was supposed to be over if Elway was QB'ing the Bills....

Cocelesti
11-07-2008, 12:08 PM

Beck has to play to get better....and he's not going to get that here. Watching Pennington doesn't cure Beck of his ills....if the coaches can't make Beck hold onto the football...then Pennington can't either.

Precisely. His days as Dolphins player is slowly being gone.

The team he played on last year owned by no mean spirit or joy. It was bad, and not least really bad coaching. The offensive line acted quite differently this year compared with last year, and it was often a reason who made Beck looked really horrible.

I still do not support him, but his potential to serve as a back up quarterback somewhere else in this league, is still there.
His value is not anything special, so doubt that we are trading him away for draft picks. He is probably going to stay his contract out, and then take the jump somewhere else.

He is hard to judge, especially on top of everything last year. It was a mess.

tcdrover
11-07-2008, 12:12 PM

I think you probably need to watch that Henning interview again because that is NOT what he said or what he inferred.

He made a point of mentioning Beck, because he didn't want to leave him out. He didn't say anything to the effect that beck spent more time or had more input than Henne. Take off those shades...

I agree about him getting better though. He can only improve learning behind Pennington and our coaching staff. You never know, both our QB's could get injured and we may have to rely on him at some point. I hope it never happens, but...:d-day: :lol:

TedSlimmJr
11-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Precisely. His days as Dolphins player is slowly being gone.

The team he played on last year owned by no mean spirit or joy. It was bad, and not least really bad coaching. The offensive line acted quite differently this year compared with last year, and it was often a reason who made Beck looked really horrible.

I still do not support him, but his potential to serve as a back up quarterback somewhere else in this league, is still there.
His value is not anything special, so doubt that we are trading him away for draft picks. He is probably going to stay his contract out, and then take the jump somewhere else.

He is hard to judge, especially on top of everything last year. It was a mess.

The team wasn't as bad as their record....talent wise. The mistake was Cameron gave Beck the starting job without letting him earn it...trading Wes Welker and Chris Chambers (which I was in support of) that the veteran players viewed as "giving up" on the season...so they gave up. There was so much inner turmoil...no direction...

But Beck's upside has never been significant...it's hard to believe that "professional talent evaluators" hired to run a franchise couldn't make a distinguishable difference between Brady Quinn and John Beck...along with Ted Ginn and Patrick Willis.

shula_guy
11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
This mentality of a player either instantly being sucessfull or labling them as a bust always makes me laugh. nooone knows if the lightbulb is going to go off and Beck is going to emerge as a premier qb after sitting on the bench. For every flacco example someone can cite another can counter it with a steve young example. Odds are Beck has no future here more then a back/up and there is no garuntee that our search has ended at henne either. Everyone needs to give it a rest a let ireland and sparano do their job and evaluate our talent

tcdrover
11-07-2008, 12:59 PM
The team wasn't as bad as their record....talent wise. The mistake was Cameron gave Beck the starting job without letting him earn it...trading Wes Welker and Chris Chambers (which I was in support of) that the veteran players viewed as "giving up" on the season...so they gave up. There was so much inner turmoil...no direction...

But Beck's upside has never been significant...it's hard to believe that "professional talent evaluators" hired to run a franchise couldn't make a distinguishable difference between Brady Quinn and John Beck...along with Ted Ginn and Patrick Willis.

Most of the pro football magazines had beck labeled as a career back-up, which in hindsight seems just about right.

We screwed up in not keeping Rosenfelds and Huard before him.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2008, 01:13 PM
After an offseason full of Beck threads, what's one more? At the very least I think Beck plays out his contract here. I think it's a no brainer that Beck is no longer the future at quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. That distinction belongs to Chad Henne, and rightfully so. I wouldn't mind seeing Beck finish out his career here as a servicable backup to Henne.

ThunderDan13
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I see him sticking around until we get a bargain in the later rounds at QB.

If a QB that the trifecta likes falls to later rounds we'll pick him up (I don't mean this year only, but over the next 1-3 years) and release Beck.

I am a big Penny fan, but I gotta tell you, the guy's history with injuries scares me. If Henne ends up being a bust (I don't think this will be the case), then we'll need Beck.

sn9ke.eyes
11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
After an offseason full of Beck threads, what's one more? At the very least I think Beck plays out his contract here. I think it's a no brainer that Beck is no longer the future at quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. That distinction belongs to Chad Henne, and rightfully so. I wouldn't mind seeing Beck finish out his career here as a servicable backup to Henne.

But see, there is no middle ground. For some people to like Henne, they have to hate Beck.

The fact that Beck is not the future starter here but can develop into a nice backup here is not relevant because hate is needed to help them place blame for 2007 or whatever reason.

Just because Henne is the QB of the future, and as you say, rightfully so, doesn't automatically mean that Beck has no value to the team, but hate is a strong blinder.

phinphever
11-07-2008, 02:08 PM

How so?
Almost every team carries 3 Qb's. Why spend a Draft pick when you don't have to.

dlockz
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd like to keep Beck. Give him a chance to win the starting job next year. Competition will be good for henne and beck. Then if henne outplays beck, give him a shot with another team.

Beck had his chance this year and the team went out and signed a free agent and Henne beat him out. Beck once the pads was on was never a serious threat to be our starter this season but Henne was. Beck has no future as a starter here unless we have a rash of injuries. I do think that although we should have never drafted him in the second round, that we should develop him as Henne's future backup a role I think he is best suited for. He has no trade value so we have nothing to lose by developing him. we dont Owe Beck or any player a shot they have to earn it and I am content paying him second round money to be our future backup unless Al Davis really loses his mind.

napsndreds
11-07-2008, 02:51 PM

huh? Porter was our best defensive player last year? what are you smoking man pass that here

FinGator
11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I think he is saying that if you base your opinions on last year, then we should cut Porter. Meaning, Porter had a bad year last year, so if that if the measure you want to go by, then we should cut him too.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Beck had his chance this year and the team went out and signed a free agent and Henne beat him out. Beck once the pads was on was never a serious threat to be our starter this season but Henne was. Beck has no future as a starter here unless we have a rash of injuries. I do think that although we should have never drafted him in the second round, that we should develop him as Henne's future backup a role I think he is best suited for. He has no trade value so we have nothing to lose by developing him. we dont Owe Beck or any player a shot they have to earn it and I am content paying him second round money to be our future backup unless Al Davis really loses his mind.

But why cant we let him compete for next year's job? What if he's blowing away the competition? then what? are we gonna say, " well, you sucked *** in 07, so you dont deserved a shot to be our starter, sorry." NO! If he out performs henne and pennington we let him play. If he doesnt he sits on the bench. Its simple.

1 dol fan
11-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Ihated the Beck threads last year because it was always two sides going back and forth and for the most part, people had already made up their minds on the matter and regardless of what was said, they had a statistic or reason why the other person is wrong and they were right.

But this post is a bit different. People who were once on one side can come a bit closer to the middle and say things like, "if he is cheap, he can be serviceable as a 3rd stringer."

My opinion on this matter is simply that you never know what a person is capable of tomorrow or next week or in this case, the next few years. It may not be often that someone who is weak and unintelligent today will be strong and a genious tomorrow but to make it this far in life, to be a professional athlete (regardless of whether you play or not) proves something.
I think if you did a study about the chances of an athlete overcoming a large amount of adversity (like being a 3rd string QB for a team and then being successful elsewhere) compared to any other person, they would be much more likely to be successful because to get to the NFL (unless you are dripping with talent), you had to overcome a number of challeneges. While other people overcome challenges everyday, I think as an athlete you have more control over your destiny than other people.

Basically, I think it is right to say that athletes overcome adversity better, or have a better chance of turning a bad situation into something better than most any other type of person.

Beck CAN become a good QB down the line, and if you had 4-6 great years out of a QB, wouldn't you take that rather than drafting some more raw talent that may or may not be equal or better than Beck?

His career is not over unless he wants it to be or suffers a horrible injury. His destiny is in his hands and it is clear to me that he wants to get better all the time and that he will do everything in his power to make it so. HE HAS HEART, SOMETHING EVEN THE MOST TALENTED PLAYERS LACK.

uga3406
11-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Beck had his chance last year, you could just say he sorta fumbled it away. To get serious, when you have that chance for success in this league and given the opportunity, you must grab hold on to it. Many young qb's come into this league unprepared and not ready for how fast the league is. Beck imho never had any talent. It was a foolish pick by cam to think this guy was going to be the future. The smart money was on Quinn but what can ya do. I am guessing they will enter release him or trade him for a 6th or 7th rd pick, there r always a few teams looking for a young qb. Maybe some 1 would be dumb enough to trade for him. Good riddance he is done palying for this!!!!!

mfish41
11-07-2008, 11:59 PM
he's a solid third string qb

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 12:03 AM

Why give him a competition next year when it was so clear who won it between the two this year?

So we're basically telling Henne "Hey, you disappointed us, we need you to compete again for the 2nd string job"

I don't see the logic. I realize Beck is your boy and all, but I just don't see it happening the way you want it to.

Becks good where he is: inactive.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Beck had his chance last year, you could just say he sorta fumbled it away. To get serious, when you have that chance for success in this league and given the opportunity, you must grab hold on to it. Many young qb's come into this league unprepared and not ready for how fast the league is. Beck imho never had any talent. It was a foolish pick by cam to think this guy was going to be the future. The smart money was on Quinn but what can ya do. I am guessing they will enter release him or trade him for a 6th or 7th rd pick, there r always a few teams looking for a young qb. Maybe some 1 would be dumb enough to trade for him. Good riddance he is done palying for this!!!!!

See, i bet anything that when we drafted him you werent saying sh!t. Your only saying this now because youve seen him play with the worst team this franchise has ever had. Did he have his chance? Yes. Was it his fault he had no Ronnie Brown, No Chris Chambers, and a terrible offensive line? No. Instead he had Jesse Chatman, Lorenzo Booker, David Martion, Justin Peele, Marty Booker, and a rookie TGJ which he hooked up rather nicely with next year.

Dont judge him off of last year. And if you wanna say,"Well he fumbled away his chance last year," then make him wear gloves. Why not? Kurt Warner did it and now his fumbling problems have vanished.

I would love to keep Beck on this team, and see what he can do next year.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Why give him a competition next year when it was so clear who won it between the two this year?

So we're basically telling Henne "Hey, you disappointed us, we need you to compete again for the 2nd string job"

I don't see the logic. I realize Beck is your boy and all, but I just don't see it happening the way you want it to.

Becks good where he is: inactive.

One year is much different than another year. He will know the playbook better next year. He might be much more confident next year. He will be much more knowedgable next year.

COMPETITION! This only brings out the best in players. And one more on the bench for henne wont be such a bad thing. It's most likely going to happen again because pennington should be the starter next year.

No, let him compete for next year. Raise his trade value, then ship him off.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 12:23 AM
One year is much different than another year. He will know the playbook better next year. He might be much more confident next year. He will be much more knowedgable next year.

COMPETITION! This only brings out the best in players. And one more on the bench for henne wont be such a bad thing. It's most likely going to happen again because pennington should be the starter next year.

Remember how last year, everyone was going "Oh look, he's working with David Lee, he's throwing these gazillion passes, and getting a jump on the offense early, etc., etc. etc."

Didn't really help him then did it? Whats going to change this year? You wishing it'll happen?

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 12:28 AM
See, i bet anything that when we drafted him you werent saying sh!t. Your only saying this now because youve seen him play with the worst team this franchise has ever had. Did he have his chance? Yes. Was it his fault he had no Ronnie Brown, No Chris Chambers, and a terrible offensive line? No. Instead he had Jesse Chatman, Lorenzo Booker, David Martion, Justin Peele, Marty Booker, and a rookie TGJ which he hooked up rather nicely with next year.

Dont judge him off of last year. And if you wanna say,"Well he fumbled away his chance last year," then make him wear gloves. Why not? Kurt Warner did it and now his fumbling problems have vanished.

I don't know what he was thinking, but I didn't like the Beck pick at all.

I don't understand the people that still have the infatuation with him. He looked like garbage last year, and for TC/Preseason this year.

Casas9425
11-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Beck had his chance this year and he blew it. He's also the poster boy for a failed regime and i don't think the players in the locker room respect him very much. that whole team quit on him in 2007.

Shouright
11-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Who?

uga3406
11-08-2008, 01:31 AM

go ahead and look at posts about what is aid about beck...i didnt want him on the team..he was a joke!!!! i wanted quinn ,who probe is going to be a great qb while beck is going to b a 3rd string qb the rest of his nfl career...you are probe pissed caused your one of the fans who bought becks jersey and now u are furious, hey thats your business, ..thats cool. but beck in my book before he fumbled his career away was a joke..if the phins didnt get quinn i would of liked trent edwards but i guess beck is better then him too...look if beck had any type fo talent do u think tuna and co. would of drafted another qb??? hell no they all knew beck stunk and now most beck fans r coming to realize it and as far as next year goes...i have 3 words, are you kidding ??? aftet the way pennington has played and with henne there waiting..hello no

Flip Tanneflop
11-08-2008, 02:18 AM
go ahead and look at posts about what is aid about beck...i didnt want him on the team..he was a joke!!!! i wanted quinn ,who probe is going to be a great qb while beck is going to b a 3rd string qb the rest of his nfl career...you are probe pissed caused your one of the fans who bought becks jersey and now u are furious, hey thats your business, ..thats cool. but beck in my book before he fumbled his career away was a joke..if the phins didnt get quinn i would of liked trent edwards but i guess beck is better then him too...look if beck had any type fo talent do u think tuna and co. would of drafted another qb??? hell no they all knew beck stunk and now most beck fans r coming to realize it and as far as next year goes...i have 3 words, are you kidding ??? aftet the way pennington has played and with henne there waiting..hello no

Beck dosent have a snowballs chance in hell of ever being the phins starting QB over a lengthy period of time. He blows. Pure and simple. If some miracle happens and both Pennington and Henne get injured during a season, he may get a start or two but thats it. The FO would bring in another QB if that happens. If it happens during the offseason and one of them is out for a season, then we would still sign another player to be a backup.

Beck will never rise past 3rd string for as long as he sticks. Thats all for him. He is finished on this team and most likely in the entire NFL as far as being a signifigant player. He probably will never sniff the field for regular season action ever again. Beck is a complete joke.

And where does this whole idea of him having talent come from? What talent? He's a good mid level college QB....PERIOD. He is nothing close to an NFL talent. He blows.

Our FO will never put itself in a position to count on Beck to play QB in anything other than a dire emergency situation. And rightfully so. Thankfully too. Id rather chop lumber with Luke McCown than have to count on John Beck as our QB in a game that counts for something.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 02:25 AM
C'mon WV, don't you remember..he beat up on Wyoming, Colorado State, New Mexico, and UNLV, yet folded against real teams....doesn't that make him great enough for you?

Dr. Phin
11-08-2008, 02:27 AM

Competition is good...but we already had the competition. Beck lost...

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Some people can't get over the fact that their guy sucks.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Remember how last year, everyone was going "Oh look, he's working with David Lee, he's throwing these gazillion passes, and getting a jump on the offense early, etc., etc. etc."

Didn't really help him then did it? Whats going to change this year? You wishing it'll happen?

Because Last year is LAST year. Next year is a different year than LAST year. You have no idea what's going to happen next year. I dont. This is just you being negative and hating on beck. Do i like beck? yes, and i like every player wearing a dolphins uniform.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:12 AM
I don't know what he was thinking, but I didn't like the Beck pick at all.

I don't understand the people that still have the infatuation with him. He looked like garbage last year, and for TC/Preseason this year.

Any Quaterback that played with the 2007 Miami Dolphins would have looked like garbage.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Beck had his chance this year and he blew it. He's also the poster boy for a failed regime and i don't think the players in the locker room respect him very much. that whole team quit on him in 2007.

He didn blow it, the team blew it. And give me one example on how the players in the locker room dont respect him.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:16 AM

No, when beck was drafted you like all the other fans liked the pick. Yea, now that he's a third stringer you say you dont. But i know you really did, so stop the lying please.

And yea i like John Beck. Like him alot more than Quinn i can tell you that. And do you know why? because he's a dolphin. Quinn isnt. You can go wet yourself looking at Quinn magazines all day, i really dont care. beck is a dolphin. Quinn isnt. And i would like to give him one more chance next year if he earns it.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:17 AM

No, i cant get over the fact that you guys are fans of the players, not the team. A team is 53 players, not 52 or 51 or 50. If you claim to like the MIAMI DOLPHINS, then why dont you like all the players on their rosters? Why do you bash a player like he's your enemy?

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Beck dosent have a snowballs chance in hell of ever being the phins starting QB over a lengthy period of time. He blows. Pure and simple. If some miracle happens and both Pennington and Henne get injured during a season, he may get a start or two but thats it. The FO would bring in another QB if that happens. If it happens during the offseason and one of them is out for a season, then we would still sign another player to be a backup.

Beck will never rise past 3rd string for as long as he sticks. Thats all for him. He is finished on this team and most likely in the entire NFL as far as being a signifigant player. He probably will never sniff the field for regular season action ever again. Beck is a complete joke.

And where does this whole idea of him having talent come from? What talent? He's a good mid level college QB....PERIOD. He is nothing close to an NFL talent. He blows.

Our FO will never put itself in a position to count on Beck to play QB in anything other than a dire emergency situation. And rightfully so. Thankfully too. Id rather chop lumber with Luke McCown than have to count on John Beck as our QB in a game that counts for something.

im convinced. Your defenitely not a Miami Dolphins fan.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Competition is good...but we already had the competition. Beck lost...

Talking about next year.

SpaceMountain16
11-08-2008, 03:31 AM

Anyone who turns conversation about John Beck into a "sticking with their guy" debate is just an idiot. It's really not an issue about sides, i've always defended John Beck because quite frankly i didn't see enough of him to believe the hatred he gets here was merited. At the same time i'm not going to just come out and blast the Dolphins for making the decision (it appears) to move on, because Beck hasn't shown any real ability or potential that says he's worthy enough to keep on the roster. I think he deserves another chance, he'll get another chance, it won't be in Miami, and who even cares anymore.

It's not defending "your guy" to stick up for Beck, it's simply rationality, not a lot of QB's would have played any better than Beck in the situation he was in last year and that's just a fact. But it's over now, and hopefully we have a better young QB waiting in the wings, slowly ushered in to the role of a starter and surrounded by offensive talent.

Valandui
11-08-2008, 03:37 AM
No, when beck was drafted you like all the other fans liked the pick. Yea, now that he's a third stringer you say you dont. But i know you really did, so stop the lying please.

And yea i like John Beck. Like him alot more than Quinn i can tell you that. And do you know why? because he's a dolphin. Quinn isnt. You can go wet yourself looking at Quinn magazines all day, i really dont care. beck is a dolphin. Quinn isnt. And i would like to give him one more chance next year if he earns it.
I agree. He was considered a legitimate second rounder going into the draft and many people (including Ron Jawarski) were very high on him. No matter what anyone says, QB was not our biggest need last year. LT was and it was finally addressed this year.

Dr. Phin
11-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Talking about next year.

I know that. I don't think there will be as open a competition next year as there was this year. Doing so will take snaps away from the starter.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:46 AM
I agree. He was considered a legitimate second rounder going into the draft and many people (including Ron Jawarski) were very high on him. No matter what anyone says, QB was not our biggest need last year. LT was and it was finally addressed this year.

Agreed. Beck isnt even my favorite player on the dolphins. It just irritates me when so called fans bash players on their own team, you know?

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Anyone who turns conversation about John Beck into a "sticking with their guy" debate is just an idiot. It's really not an issue about sides, i've always defended John Beck because quite frankly i didn't see enough of him to believe the hatred he gets here was merited. At the same time i'm not going to just come out and blast the Dolphins for making the decision (it appears) to move on, because Beck hasn't shown any real ability or potential that says he's worthy enough to keep on the roster. I think he deserves another chance, he'll get another chance, it won't be in Miami, and who even cares anymore.

It's not defending "your guy" to stick up for Beck, it's simply rationality, not a lot of QB's would have played any better than Beck in the situation he was in last year and that's just a fact. But it's over now, and hopefully we have a better young QB waiting in the wings, slowly ushered in to the role of a starter and surrounded by offensive talent.

There are some people that became fans just because of Beck, but actually, they haven't been around here lately....I'm not sure where they went.

I really don't think the team was as bad as they looked last year, and it was more on the coaching, but then again, when you have piss poor play at the QB position, there's not a whole lot that you could really do.

I just don't understand how you can look at the situation we have going now and go "Well, Beck deserves a fair shot"...based on what? The fact that he's like the Bob Dole of our QB situation? Should we go "well, he's getting up there in years, let's stunt the progress Chad has made just so we can give John a shot". Let's face it, he was given a shot last year, he sucked. Was the team terrible in preseason and TC too? Is that why he looked so terrible? After all, according to many of the Beck Kool-Aid drinkers around here, it was his job to lose...and man he did a great job at losing it.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 03:48 AM
Agreed. Beck isnt even my favorite player on the dolphins. It just irritates me when so called fans bash players on their own team, you know?

So are you trying to say that we have to be positive about every single player?

I think it's my right as a fan to criticize what I want. If you don't like it, I really don't care.

The real world's not a bowl of cherries.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:48 AM
I know that. I don't think there will be as open a competition next year as there was this year. Doing so will take snaps away from the starter.

Oh, yea of course. Im just saying If beck is still a Dolphin next year, and he's performing better than Pennington and Henne, then he deserves another chance. But right now, i know Pennington is our starter this year, next year and maybe more. And thats very relieving.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 03:49 AM
I can't believe this is really an issue.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:51 AM
So are you trying to say that we have to be positive about every single player?

I think it's my right as a fan to criticize what I want. If you don't like it, I really don't care.

The real world's not a bowl of cherries.

It certainley helps. If you go out and criticize every player for having a bad rookie year, then your gonna hate a lot of players. And it just not with beck. It was the same with Ronnie Brown, Jason Allen, Joey Porter, TGJ, Samson Satele, and Matt Roth. All people do around here is bash players. Well, can you root for the damn team instead of the players? I mean, we are fans of the MIAMI DOLPHINS, not the JOHN BECKS.

BTW, i was talking in general. Not directly at you.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 03:52 AM
I can't believe this is really an issue.

All i said was i would like to give him another chance if he earns it. You guys are the ones who went ape sh!t for no reason.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 03:53 AM

What was legitimate about him as a 2nd rounder? The fact that he played in a spread offense that inflated his stats? Look at that team this year...they've got a guy in Max Hall that's putting up similar, if not better stats than Beck did. There I go, having the hater talk for me. :rolleyes2:

He beat up on teams like Wyoming, New Mexico, and UNLV...and didn't do anything against great teams in CFB. Even though there may have been a talent disparity, if he was as good as you think he was, he should have been at least able to lead them to a few wins against BCS teams.

I know, I know, he beat Oregon..but that Oregon team was about as disinterested as you come. Plus, they played in Vegas.

Do you post anything other than Pro-Beck drivel?

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 03:57 AM
It certainley helps. If you go out and criticize every player for having a bad rookie year, then your gonna hate a lot of players. And it just not with beck. It was the same with Ronnie Brown, Jason Allen, Joey Porter, TGJ, Samson Satele, and Matt Roth. All people do around here is bash players. Well, can you root for the damn team instead of the players? I mean, we are fans of the MIAMI DOLPHINS, not the JOHN BECKS.

BTW, i was talking in general. Not directly at you.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up the Aikman, Staubach, Elway, etc. comparisons that many did this pas offseason....though those guys actually progressed from Year 1 to Year 2...Beck regressed.

Actually, as rookies, Satele and Brown were pretty good. They didn't have strings of craptacular games. Same with Roth. Allen was about the only one, but he didn't see the field much, and I don't know what Porter did his Rookie year, since I haven't watched him much other than the time he's been in Miami, so I don't know what you're getting at.

I think it's perfectly fine to hate one player on a team. Did you like Ray Lucas? He put together a string of bad games in a short amount of time...should we have had a competition the next year to see if Lucas needed to start?

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 04:10 AM
I'm surprised you didn't bring up the Aikman, Staubach, Elway, etc. comparisons that many did this pas offseason....though those guys actually progressed from Year 1 to Year 2...Beck regressed.

Actually, as rookies, Satele and Brown were pretty good. They didn't have strings of craptacular games. Same with Roth. Allen was about the only one, but he didn't see the field much, and I don't know what Porter did his Rookie year, since I haven't watched him much other than the time he's been in Miami, so I don't know what you're getting at.

I think it's perfectly fine to hate one player on a team. Did you like Ray Lucas? He put together a string of bad games in a short amount of time...should we have had a competition the next year to see if Lucas needed to start?

Well, beck didnt regress in year 2. As you can see, Pennington is manning our QB position.

And my point wasnt to say how you guys love to bash rookies. It was how you love to bash players without giving them a chance. Today, Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth, and Joey Porter all shut you up. And if you guys were our GMs, Miami would be horrible.

I liked ray lucas. He was a dolphin. Now, not so much.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Im dead for tonight. Hopefully, when in the morning this thread will be gone.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 04:17 AM
Well, beck didnt regress in year 2. As you can see, Pennington is manning our QB position.

And my point wasnt to say how you guys love to bash rookies. It was how you love to bash players without giving them a chance. Today, Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth, and Joey Porter all shut you up. And if you guys were our GMs, Miami would be horrible.

I liked ray lucas. He was a dolphin. Now, not so much.

Did you really watch Beck this preseason? He sucked. He looked about as bad as last year. Nice way at dodging my point by going "Pennington is the starter". What does that have to do with anything? If Beck had been as great as you say he is, we wouldn't have needed to get Pennington, and Beck wouldn't be planted on the bench, inactive game in and game out.

About the bashing players....wow...just wow. I think I clarified it, and then you come in basically saying that if you criticize players you suck at watching football. Classy.
For every one of those guys, there's a Ryan Leaf, a Ki-Jiana Carter, Cedric Benson, Tim Couch, Todd Marinovich, etc.

Ray Lucas sucked horribly, probably as bad as John Beck. Let me ask my question again...did you think there should have been a competition after the year he had in 2002? After all, using your logic, he probably needed another year. :rolleyes2:

Unreal.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 04:23 AM
And, for every one of those guys you mention, there's a Derek Hagan, a Cecil Collins, James Johnson, Larry Shannon, etc.

I'm sure we should have given those guys the time they needed too right? After all, according to you, they probably would have become all-pros.

This place never ceases to amaze me.

Valandui
11-08-2008, 05:00 AM
What was legitimate about him as a 2nd rounder? The fact that he played in a spread offense that inflated his stats? Look at that team this year...they've got a guy in Max Hall that's putting up similar, if not better stats than Beck did. There I go, having the hater talk for me. :rolleyes2:

He beat up on teams like Wyoming, New Mexico, and UNLV...and didn't do anything against great teams in CFB. Even though there may have been a talent disparity, if he was as good as you think he was, he should have been at least able to lead them to a few wins against BCS teams.

I know, I know, he beat Oregon..but that Oregon team was about as disinterested as you come. Plus, they played in Vegas.

Do you post anything other than Pro-Beck drivel?
Most draft analysts had him projected as a second rounder, with many comparisons being made to Drew Brees. I have also seen many pre-draft mock drafts that had him either going to us where we picked him or very soon after. The only thing that really shook things up was Cleveland taking Joe Thomas at 3rd overall instead of Brady Quinn. Many that I have seen had us taking Levi Brown, with Quinn going to Cleveland at 3rd. Beck was considered to be in the top 5 of QBs in 2007. All three of our QBs sucked this offseason, so it's not like he was getting schooled by the other two. If anything, it seemed like he was starting to step up before we signed Pennington and handed him the job. I agree with Space Mountain that I just want to see what he can do before we cut him. We Dolphins fans seem to expect every QB that we bring in to be Marino and when they aren't we call for their heads. To answer your question, yes, I do make other posts besides pro-Beck ones. I just got involved in this because I find it ridiculous for everyone to be sitting here attacking the third-string QB on a team that we all claim to be fans of.

Fish-Head
11-08-2008, 09:35 AM
The truth is, it does not matter what we think... It matters what the FO thinks and judging from this last preseason Henne is their guy... PERIOD.

They did not give Beck any real kind of opportunity because they really needed to evaluate 'their guy'. I will say this for Beck, he kept his composure, his mouth shut, head down and worked hard... When there is talk of a QB competition I think it is obvious that Beck is not a meaningful part of that equation... Not in this regime's eyes.

They have not shown any kind of loyalty to past regime's players and I feel Beck will be released as soon as he asks for it. The kid has character works hard and deserves the shot he will clearly not get here... I think he has a little too much pride and character to play out the contract here and should move on... Personally I don't see Sparano or anyone standing in the way of that.

uga3406
11-08-2008, 12:01 PM

quinn isnt a phin but after this season either will be beck, so u r going to have to throw his jersey away :lol::lol::lol:

dlockz
11-08-2008, 12:43 PM
No even sure why anyone brings up Beck unles they are discussing a possible role as a backup Qb. Face it Henne overtook him as a rookie and he is not in their plans as a future starter.

Pompy
11-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Have fun all of you Henne lover's.... It must kill you all we pick up Pennington and he's doing good. If I remember correctly.... isn't Beck part of this team....why don't fan criticize a player who didn't have a fair shake... Stop with these Beck hating post.... He's a Dolphin and if he does get cut... I sure hope he doesn't come back to bite us like so many have in the past....

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 03:40 PM
The truth is, it does not matter what we think... It matters what the FO thinks and judging from this last preseason Henne is their guy... PERIOD.

They did not give Beck any real kind of opportunity because they really needed to evaluate 'their guy'. I will say this for Beck, he kept his composure, his mouth shut, head down and worked hard... When there is talk of a QB competition I think it is obvious that Beck is not a meaningful part of that equation... Not in this regime's eyes.

They have not shown any kind of loyalty to past regime's players and I feel Beck will be released as soon as he asks for it. The kid has character works hard and deserves the shot he will clearly not get here... I think he has a little too much pride and character to play out the contract here and should move on... Personally I don't see Sparano or anyone standing in the way of that.

That's what I've been trying to say...some people just don't want to accept it.

Good post.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 03:41 PM
No even sure why anyone brings up Beck unles they are discussing a possible role as a backup Qb. Face it Henne overtook him as a rookie and he is not in their plans as a future starter.

Bingo.

I wonder why Henne came in during garbage time to get game experience and not Beck?

Beck must be their unheard-of super secret weapon off the bench that we'll never see.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
quinn isnt a phin but after this season either will be beck, so u r going to have to throw his jersey away :lol::lol::lol:

Only if you throw your Quinn Jersey away

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 05:24 PM
That's what I've been trying to say...some people just don't want to accept it.

Good post.

No. Thats not what you were trying to say. You were trying to bash Beck as much as you can.

What i have been trying to say, and every other smart poster, was IF beck earns his shot next year, let him play. If he doesnt dont. Is he part of our plans now? No. Next year? no. But if we keep him around, and he performs let him play.

uga3406
11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Only if you throw your Quinn Jersey away

wow what a great comeback...

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Did you really watch Beck this preseason? He sucked. He looked about as bad as last year. Nice way at dodging my point by going "Pennington is the starter". What does that have to do with anything? If Beck had been as great as you say he is, we wouldn't have needed to get Pennington, and Beck wouldn't be planted on the bench, inactive game in and game out.

About the bashing players....wow...just wow. I think I clarified it, and then you come in basically saying that if you criticize players you suck at watching football. Classy.
For every one of those guys, there's a Ryan Leaf, a Ki-Jiana Carter, Cedric Benson, Tim Couch, Todd Marinovich, etc.

Ray Lucas sucked horribly, probably as bad as John Beck. Let me ask my question again...did you think there should have been a competition after the year he had in 2002? After all, using your logic, he probably needed another year. :rolleyes2:

Unreal.

I said, NEXT YEAR IF BECK IS STILL ON THE TEAM AND HE EARNS A SHOT LET HIM PLAY! BUT FOR NOW PENNINGTON IS OUR STARTER AND WILL BE OUR STARTER NEXT YEAR!!!
Understand? If you dont, something called School.

And i didnt say you "suck" at football if you bash players. I said your not a fan if you bash players on YOUR own team for fun.

Theres a HUGE difference between Lucas and Beck. Ray Lucas wasnt a draft pick by the miami dolphins. He never had the potential Beck had. And he was terrible for years before he came to Miami. Completely different than Beck.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 05:28 PM
wow what a great comeback...

I know you have one.

dlockz
11-08-2008, 05:32 PM
See, you dont know how to read. I said, NEXT YEAR IF BECK IS STILL ON THE TEAM AND HE EARNS A SHOT LET HIM PLAY! BUT FOR NOW PENNINGTON IS OUR STARTER AND WILL BE OUR STARTER NEXT YEAR!!!
Understand? If you dont, something called School.

And i didnt say you "suck" at football if you bash players. I said your not a fan if you bash players on YOUR own team for fun. Seriousely, i know if beck cam up to you on the street, youd cream yourself.

If people are creaming themselves because John Beck comes up to them on the streets then they have big problems and might to get themselves checked. I met Mike Alstott and Kenny Gant in ybor a while back and admit that meeting athletes does not get me all worked up. Maybe if I met Dan the man or Larry Bird I would get excited.

The only coversation that Beck should come into is a jeopardy question for who did the dolphins waste a second round pick on in 2007.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Theres a HUGE difference between Lucas and Beck. Ray Lucas wasnt a draft pick by the miami dolphins. He never had the potential Beck had. And he was terrible for years before he came to Miami. Completely different than Beck.

Not really, Beck and Lucas both blew when they got their starts. Did you even watch the team then? If Lucas was so bad, why'd he do so well for the Jests when they played us?

LMAO @ the assertion that if you bash Beck, you're not smart. Great way to be objective genius. You really let your biases show.

Keep it up. You're digging yourself a nice hole.

Then you pull out the "You're not a fan" card. Wow. Just wow.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:20 PM
No. Thats not what you were trying to say. You were trying to bash Beck as much as you can.

What i have been trying to say, and every other smart poster, was IF beck earns his shot next year, let him play. If he doesnt dont. Is he part of our plans now? No. Next year? no. But if we keep him around, and he performs let him play.

I'm just amazed that you have all of the answers, and know what everyone is thinking.

Why aren't you on infomercials giving psychic readings?

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:21 PM
And i didnt say you "suck" at football if you bash players. I said your not a fan if you bash players on YOUR own team for fun. Seriousely, i know if beck cam up to you on the street, youd cream yourself.

No I wouldn't, I'd probably walk to the other side of the street.

I hate him. Besides, I wouldn't recognize him on the street, as he's really a nobody.

Given your mancrush on him though, I'd imagine you'd scream in a high pitch and proceed to go humping his leg. " ZOMG You're the GOAT QB John, I want to have your babies!!!1!!!"

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Not really, Beck and Lucas both blew when they got their starts. Did you even watch the team then? If Lucas was so bad, why'd he do so well for the Jests when they played us?

LMAO @ the assertion that if you bash Beck, you're not smart. Great way to be objective genius. You really let your biases show.

Keep it up. You're digging yourself a nice hole.

Then you pull out the "You're not a fan" card. Wow. Just wow.

Difference. Beck is in his second year. lucas was like in his 4th.

Not if you bash Beck. If you bash ANY player on the Dolphins Just for fun, how can you call yourself a fan?

Thats it, youve convinced me. your not a fan.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-08-2008, 06:39 PM
No I wouldn't, I'd probably walk to the other side of the street.

I hate him. Besides, I wouldn't recognize him on the street, as he's really a nobody.

Given your mancrush on him though, I'd imagine you'd scream in a high pitch and proceed to go humping his leg. " ZOMG You're the GOAT QB John, I want to have your babies!!!1!!!"

I believe you, Cause your not a Fan. You just love to hate

BTW, even though your on Henne's D!ick right now, i know youll probably hate him to if he struggles a bit. Thank God your not our GM

GoonBoss
11-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Have fun all of you Henne lover's.... It must kill you all we pick up Pennington and he's doing good. If I remember correctly.... isn't Beck part of this team....why don't fan criticize a player who didn't have a fair shake... Stop with these Beck hating post.... He's a Dolphin and if he does get cut... I sure hope he doesn't come back to bite us like so many have in the past....

As a Henne lover it doesn't matter to me in the least. Chad's doing a great job, and, Henne gets to learn. Henne's the future..Whay should we be upset? Beck had his shake, and, he fumbles it away, along with the ball. I know it kills all you you Beck fans that he's not even well thought enough of to be active.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I believe you, Cause your not a Fan. You just love to hate

BTW, even though your on Henne's D!ick right now, i know youll probably hate him to if he struggles a bit. Thank God your not our GM

LMAO @ Calling me "Not a Fan", because I think it's ok to criticize players. Weak argument. Keep digging yourself a hole though. I really like how you speak in absolutes, like you know exactly what I'm thinking. Do you have insight into my mind? Are you stalking me? Cause that'd be really pathetic and sort of scary at the same time. It's funny, you're only responses on this board are "You suck at being a fan, you'd suck at being a GM", even when presented with facts in your face. You suck.

I'm perfectly content with Pennington as the starter, in fact he's done a good job. I'm just not delusional into thinking that Beck will somehow become the Messiah at the QB position and win the competition going away.

Get bent. Maybe you should go back to doing your HS homework.

Actually, I think this thread should be moved to the Depths, so we can get a no-holds barred thing going.

Mods, can you do that?

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Goon, can you move this to the Depths? If TGJ wants to keep escalating this further, I want to have a no-holds barred argument and not get banned.

Thanks.

Valandui
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
LMAO @ Calling me "Not a Fan", because I think it's ok to criticize players. Weak argument. Keep digging yourself a hole though. I really like how you speak in absolutes, like you know exactly what I'm thinking. Do you have insight into my mind? Are you stalking me? Cause that'd be really pathetic and sort of scary at the same time.

I'm perfectly content with Pennington as the starter, in fact he's done a good job. I'm just not delusional into thinking that Beck will somehow become the Messiah at the QB position and win the competition going away.

Get bent. Maybe you should go back to doing your HS homework.

Actually, I think this thread should be moved to the Depths, so we can get a no-holds barred thing going.

Mods, can you do that?
Criticism is one thing. This is a blind and irrational hatred.

shula_guy
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Yes your right this thread should be in depths, so we all can tell mr tgj19 where he can stick his meaningless opinions and how much worth they acctually have

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Criticism is one thing. This is a blind and irrational hatred.

What's blind and irrational hatred? Because I think he sucks at a QB and hated the way he played last year? I don't see any hatred at all in the post that you quoted. Just me asking TGJ if he was stalking me because he thinks he knows my thoughts at each time.

Are you and TGJ like brothers? It's really cute how you stick together with him on everything he posts, and you thank him with everyone of his posts too.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:51 PM
I really want this moved to the Depths, and I really think it should be. Tis getting very heated.

GoonBoss
11-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Everyone cool it. Somone just got a little vacation. If the thread has to be moved, it will be. Lets try keeping it civil first.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Alright, I'll try and keep it civil.

Sorry it had to go this far.

shula_guy
11-08-2008, 06:57 PM
:sidelol: Maybe we can actually return back to the conversation at hand now and leave all the insulting of one another behind.

Maybe when his vacation is over we can start a beck thread in the depths and directly invite him to join us there:hi5:

Valandui
11-08-2008, 07:02 PM
What's blind and irrational hatred? Because I think he sucks at a QB and hated the way he played last year? I don't see any hatred at all in the post that you quoted. Just me asking TGJ if he was stalking me because he thinks he knows my thoughts at each time.

Are you and TGJ like brothers? It's really cute how you stick together with him on everything he posts, and you thank him with everyone of his posts too.
Look, I like Henne as well. I think he will be very good and I think Pennington coming here was a VERY good thing. Beck did not get a fair shake and I don't think he will here. All I am saying is that I see some promise in him and think that he can be very good. He may completely suck. But four starts on the worst team in football with no offensive line and two weeks of practice with the first team is not enough to judge that on. Look how long it took Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, and Trent Green to get it together.

I also don't enjoy seeing one guy trying to state his opinion and getting ganged up on by six guys. I give thanks on posts that I agree with, find particularly funny, or when someone puts up a good article. We are fans of the same team, but there seems to be A LOT of hatred flying around here.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry dude, but Henne is the future here. I think it was obvious when they drafted him.

For every Gannon, Green, Warner, etc, theres a Chris Weinke, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Josh Heupel, Ray Lucas, Akili Smith, etc. They all supposedly had talent too...how'd that work out?

shula_guy
11-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Look, I like Henne as well. I think he will be very good and I think Pennington coming here was a VERY good thing. Beck did not get a fair shake and I don't think he will here. All I am saying is that I see some promise in him and think that he can be very good. He may completely suck. But four starts on the worst team in football with no offensive line and two weeks of practice with the first team is not enough to judge that on. Look how long it took Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, and Trent Green to get it together.

I also don't enjoy seeing one guy trying to state his opinion and getting ganged up on by six guys. I give thanks on posts that I agree with, find particularly funny, or when someone puts up a good article. We are fans of the same team, but there seems to be A LOT of hatred flying around here.

I dont want to keep this argument going but I will say tgj did more then simply state an opinion. He stated them as if they were facts not opinions and if you do not agree with them he attacks people and is flat out rude and insulting. It is over now though so lets all move on from it.

What you said about beck i agree with you about him being thrown into the fire. I do question his ability to protect the football however im not so sure that is something that can be fixed. Im not a coach either so maybe it can.

Valandui
11-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry dude, but Henne is the future here. I think it was obvious when they drafted him.

For every Gannon, Green, Warner, etc, theres a Chris Weinke, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Josh Heupel, Ray Lucas, Akili Smith, etc. They all supposedly had talent too...how'd that work out?
I agree with you. I just don't think that he's completely worthless as a player because of that. Parcells is notorious for not going with players because they aren't "his guys".

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 07:14 PM
I dont want to keep this argument going but I will say tgj did more then simply state an opinion. He stated them as if they were facts not opinions and if you do not agree with them he attacks people and is flat out rude and insulting. It is over now though so lets all move on from it.

What you said about beck i agree with you about him being thrown into the fire. I do question his ability to protect the football however im not so sure that is something that can be fixed. Im not a coach either so maybe it can.

Well said. I just don't think Beck was ever cut out to be an NFL QB. He'll probably end up going back to BYU and becoming a coach on their staff, like Doman did after his failed stint in the NFL.

CedarPhin
11-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I agree with you. I just don't think that he's completely worthless as a player because of that. Parcells is notorious for not going with players because they aren't "his guys".

Maybe he'll end up in Seattle, or some other place. I just think the writing was on the wall during the draft that he was no longer going to be the #1 or #2 QB here. I never liked the pick, so I'm not disappointed he'll be gone probably at the end of the year.

Worse things have happened.

Valandui
11-08-2008, 07:17 PM

That's cool because I'm not trying to attack anyone. I guess it's just in my nature to try to come to people's defense.

Vaark
11-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Sounds like the Parallel Universe version of WV, eh?:D

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/01/n4h5j5-1.jpg

ralphthedog
11-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I want to say I am sorry for starting this thread. I wanted to ask some questions about Beck, since I don't get to see any dolphins games.

Mods ,please close this thread.

shula_guy
11-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I want to say I am sorry for starting this thread. I wanted to ask some questions about Beck, since I don't get to see any dolphins games.

this is all your fault :shakeno:

Valandui
11-08-2008, 07:53 PM
this is all your fault :shakeno:
I agree. He should be ashamed. j/k

shula_guy
11-08-2008, 07:56 PM

GoonBoss
11-08-2008, 07:58 PM

:up: