PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Before we start the endless "Shoulda taken Quinn threads" can we please gain some rationality? Brady had a nice game tonight at home after a short week to prepare. But it's his first start and i don't feel like reading about how he's Canton bound because he put up some nice numbers on a horrendous Broncos defense. I also don't feel like reading about how awful Ted Ginn is and how a number of players would have been better options when we've already discussed this for a year and a half.

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Before we start the endless "Shoulda taken Quinn threads" can we please gain some rationality? Brady had a nice game tonight at home after a short week to prepare. But it's his first start and i don't feel like reading about how he's Canton bound because he put up some nice numbers on a horrendous Broncos defense. I also don't feel like reading about how awful Ted Ginn is and how a number of players would have been better options when we've already discussed this for a year and a half.

You just gave them this thread as a present and said "folks that love quinn please trash Ginn here."

:sidelol:

MrEncinas
11-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Nothing you or anyone can do about the **** storm that's coming :(

psingh01
11-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Should have taken Quinn.....

:)

Marino613
11-07-2008, 12:26 AM
The simple answer is to move this thread, just like the last Quinn thread posted early this evening was moved.

finfan3223
You just gave them this thread as a present and said "folks that love quinn please trash Ginn here."

thats good :lol:

SpaceMountain16

I guess you're right, but i know i'm going to wake up tomorrow and see like fifty threads. At least he didn't pull off a game winning comeback.

#1dolphinsfan
11-07-2008, 12:28 AM
the kid had a good game

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:29 AM
the kid had a good game

He did, and if it wasn't for the stupidity of whoever runs the Browns offense he would have had a chance to lead his team to a victory. He played a very good mistake free game, great job for his first start with fewer days to prepare on a short week.

dreamwalker
11-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I guess you're right, but i know i'm going to wake up tomorrow and see like fifty threads. At least he didn't pull off a game winning comeback.

it doesnt matter, this reminded me of that other cleveland qb that was supposed to be the second coming- but for the life of me i cant remember his name?

gee-someone help me- drafted in 99 in the first round had a great 1st game....:lol:

Kiick72
the kid had a good game

He definately played a good game. Not his fault that Kellen Winslow blew it for them - twice.

#1dolphinsfan
He did, and if it wasn't for the stupidity of whoever runs the Browns offense he would have had a chance to lead his team to a victory. He played a very good mistake free game, great job for his first start with fewer days to prepare on a short week.
to bad Winslow droped that pass for the first down

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:31 AM
to bad Winslow droped that pass for the first down

Winslow had a pretty big night though, it appears that Quinn-Winslow is going to be quite the combination for a lot of years in this league. Fantasy owners of Winslow should be happy.

Pennington10
11-07-2008, 12:32 AM
If they run the ball in the end, they win that game with Brady Quinn. He seems like he's going to be a nice QB. Thank God for us now (and Brett Favre) we have a decent QB in Pennington.

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:33 AM
If they run the ball in the end, they win that game with Brady Quinn. He seems like he's going to be a nice QB. Thank God for us now (and Brett Favre) we have a decent QB in Pennington.

That's what i'm thinking, 2nd and 1 with the way they ran the ball all night and plenty of time left on the clock and they throw it. Pure stupidity.

juniorseau55
11-07-2008, 12:34 AM

I wonder why you started this if you knew what kind of attention this would bring from the much ignorant posters. He had a field day out there against a really weak passing defense; nevertheless, he held ok against a much weaker defense. Let's see him hold against the ravens and we'll see.

juniorseau55
11-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Neither Ginn, or Quinn were the right picks for this team. The obvious pick was Patrick Willis and we failed to draft him since this team is prone to making horrible mistakes during draft day.

Kiick72
11-07-2008, 12:35 AM
That's what i'm thinking, 2nd and 1 with the way they ran the ball all night and plenty of time left on the clock and they throw it. Pure stupidity.

No doubt bad play calling at the end. It should have turned out better for them.

#1dolphinsfan
11-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Winslow had a pretty big night though, it appears that Quinn-Winslow is going to be quite the combination for a lot of years in this league. Fantasy owners of Winslow should be happy.
winslow did have a good game and my have cost them the game to

SSnowman
11-07-2008, 12:37 AM
We're 4-4, Browns are 3-6. I don't really care.

dabeastdabone
11-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Well the neutralizer of this discussion for years to came maybe, is Henne. If Chad does equal or better he is the man. I personally think its a forgone conclusion Ginn wasn't the right pick at #9, it should have been Quinn. But hey, Cam is gone and nothing more can be done about it.

Dogbone34
11-07-2008, 12:50 AM
We're still all good with Ronnie over Braylon...right.

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 12:58 AM
We're still all good with Ronnie over Braylon...right.

Yeah until one week when Ronnie rushes for like 50 yards and Edwards goes off for 179 yards and 3 TD's.

Flip Tanneflop
11-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Neither Ginn, or Quinn were the right picks for this team. The obvious pick was Patrick Willis and we failed to draft him since this team is prone to making horrible mistakes during draft day.

I dont know why everyone sweats Willis so hard. Personally, I wanted that Okoye kid from Louisville or Revis. Both are better players IMHO. Revis is ridiculously good.

But, I dont think there are any doubts that Quinn is WAY BETTER than John Beck.

shula_guy
11-07-2008, 01:11 AM
after watching tonights game i hafta say i think Quinn will be in canton one day and Ginn is a bust!

shula_guy
11-07-2008, 01:16 AM
seriously I did watch the whole game tonight. Brady looked mediocre.He might turn out to be a great QB but there is no way to tell from tonights game. Heplayed average to above average against a terribble pass defense. He showed rookie mistakes and glimmers of greatness at different times. Tonights game on Quinn was inconclusive and he was probally started about a half a season too early. I feel for Romeo he is getting a raw deal and caving to pressure trying not to lose his job.

Cocelesti
11-07-2008, 06:13 AM
seriously I did watch the whole game tonight. Brady looked mediocre.He might turn out to be a great QB but there is no way to tell from tonights game. Heplayed average to above average against a terribble pass defense. He showed rookie mistakes and glimmers of greatness at different times. Tonights game on Quinn was inconclusive and he was probally started about a half a season too early. I feel for Romeo he is getting a raw deal and caving to pressure trying not to lose his job.

You have said what is needed to be said about Brady Quinn, I totally agree about his performence tonight.

Romeo is forced to find a quarterback who just looks decent if he wants to keep his job. For it is now being threatened.

emeraldfin
11-07-2008, 07:19 AM
I dont know why everyone sweats Willis so hard. Personally, I wanted that Okoye kid from Louisville or Revis. Both are better players IMHO. Revis is ridiculously good.

Cant really argue with that. Apart from Okoye has struggled a bit this season and has'nt really built upon his good form last season.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-07-2008, 08:32 AM

Have you noticed that you are the only one to bring up beck?

NYinBostonFin
11-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Tough not to bring up beck on a Dolphin discussion about Quinn.

Quinn looked good, but it was the Denver D, with no Baliley. Not exactly the Steelers, but Cleveland fans have gotta be happy, even with the loss.

NYinBostonFin
11-07-2008, 09:55 AM

In hindsight, yes that would have been the best pick. But the obvious pick at the time was Quinn. We needed a franchise QB to come in with the new cameron regime to make a splash in his coaching debut. They failed miserably.

SpurzN703
11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Good for Cleveland and for Quinn.

X-Pacolypse
11-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Brady had a good game. Good for him and for Cleveland.

Mcduffinator
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Quinn looked sharp, good for cleveland and for quinn. I'll be happy as lomng as they stay out of our way.

Penny>QUinn anyway

dlockz
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Quinn looked sharp, good for cleveland and for quinn. I'll be happy as lomng as they stay out of our way.

Penny>QUinn anyway

Penny of course is better than Quinn but long term Penny is a short term solution.

dlockz
11-07-2008, 02:09 PM

that because nobody dares bring up his name anymore, we all realize we made a mistake with him now.

SpaceMountain16
11-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I liked Willis a lot coming out, but my preference would have been taking a DB. Someone like Leon Hall, Michael Griffin, Darrelle Revis i think we even could have traded down to get someone like Reggie Nelson out of Florida. Lone behold we still have an awful secondary.

PENNDOLPHAN
11-07-2008, 05:27 PM
that because nobody dares bring up his name anymore, we all realize we made a mistake with him now.

I dont think we made a mistake. We needed a QB, and he was there in the second round.

TedSlimmJr
11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
I dont think we made a mistake. We needed a QB, and he was there in the second round.

...and we still needed a QB after....thus the mistake...