PDA

View Full Version : What is science?? religion?

kevinator815
11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
SO the other day my dad bought this movie with Ben Stein called "Expelled" which was an amazing movie.
It came out on the 21 of September, and it is hilarious because it talks about the theme science vs. religion and has the theories that is in the text book got rid of pure common sense. I thought this movie was so interest and funny and had to totally write a thread about it. Has any seen it? Ben Stein is the Clear Eyes guy in the commercial.
youtube.com/watch?v=z4qxdVstJEc

Kevin

Tetragrammaton
11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I saw it. I did not come away with anything, really. He uses Michael Moore tactics throughout. He and Moore don't trust you to come to the conclusion they want, so they throw out any integrity for the sake of their argument.

There has not been a good documentary in some time. Religulous was disappointing as well.

Blackocrates
11-08-2008, 01:23 PM
To quote Dr. Spaceman from 30 Rock, "science is whatever you want it to be". :lol:

On a side note:
Wayward, if you want to see a decent documentary check out Harlan County, U.S.A.. It's an older documentary about the struggles of a small coal mine trying unionize. It's quite political and you learn a lot about the painful divide between laborers and owners/management. It won an Oscar for best documentary that year.