PDA

View Full Version : herm edwards must wanna get fired

uga3406
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
i can understand going for 2 at home but on the road...wow and what a terrible play call by them , every 1 in the building knew gonzo was getting the ball thrown his way..wow what a joke. im sure glad he sint our head coach as im sure jets fans r happy he is not there anymore..what a disater he is my heart goes out to all the chiefs fans out there :boohoo:

SpaceMountain16
11-09-2008, 08:48 PM
You Play

To Win

The Game

Hello!?

gofins
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
i can understand going for 2 at home but on the road...wow and what a terrible play call by them , every 1 in the building knew gonzo was getting the ball thrown his way..wow what a joke. im sure glad he sint our head coach as im sure jets fans r happy he is not there anymore..what a disater he is my heart goes out to all the chiefs fans out there :boohoo:
I didn't watch the game but in the highlights I was surprised by the call to not want to kick it and go to OT.

CedarPhin
11-09-2008, 09:31 PM
They didn't just go for 2 once..but twice.

WTF were they thinking?

Nappy Roots
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
They didn't just go for 2 once..but twice.

WTF were they thinking?

no they didnt. the first one was a botched EP attempt. the holder had to run and try and throw it. it was supposed to be an EP.

Layfield
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Play to win on the road. Play to tie at home. My take on the issue.

CedarPhin
11-09-2008, 10:34 PM
no they didnt. the first one was a botched EP attempt. the holder had to run and try and throw it. it was supposed to be an EP.

I was following the game on GameTracker.

My mistake.

Slim
11-10-2008, 12:08 AM
If they score, he's seen as a genius. Plain and simple.

My only beef was the actual play call.

CedarPhin
11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
He's sure done a good job at dismantling that team.

shula_guy
11-10-2008, 12:14 AM

no he would not of been. It was a very bad call either way. The right call was to go into OT and hope the coin flips your way.

Slim
11-10-2008, 12:27 AM
no he would not of been. It was a very bad call either way. The right call was to go into OT and hope the coin flips your way.

Completely disagree.

Bottom line is, when you have the ball on the 2 yard line with one chance to score and win the game, you take that opportunity. Why potentially put the ball in Rivers' hands in OT and not even give your Offense the chance to get the ball.

shula_guy
11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Completely disagree.

Bottom line is, when you have the ball on the 2 yard line with one chance to score and win the game, you take that opportunity. Why potentially put the ball in Rivers' hands in OT and not even give your Offense the chance to get the ball.

Because KC was getting beat up on the lines all day and he would of had a 50/50 shot at getting the coin toss. His chances of winning that game with a long field goal were better then him converting that two pointer.

WVDolphan
11-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Play to win on the road. Play to tie at home. My take on the issue.

Thats the ole saying.

I think this was more a case of play for the 2 point conversion and the instant win when you are 1-7. Kick the extra point if you are still in the mix.

CedarPhin
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Looks like it's going to be between the Lions, Chiefs, and 9ers for the Matt Stafford derby.

djfresh47
11-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Looks like it's going to be between the Lions, Chiefs, and 9ers for the Matt Stafford derby.

If he comes out. He's got the tools but I haven't been overly impressed by him. I doubt Bradford comes out so next years Qb class maybe pathetic. The class after that could be great. Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Sanchez, Stafford and that's just 5 off the top of my head.

I don't hate going for it if you're a bad team. The Broncos did the same thing and it worked for them earlier this season. I don't blame coaching for the Chiefs being a disaster this season.

emeraldfin
11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
The Chiefs are 1-7, why not go for it. Its not like they have anything else to play for.

Dolpfan_72
11-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Yeah this makes me think of the call to go for it by Mike Shannahan against San Diego in like week 3. Difference is, Denver has the weapons to make bold moves and the Chiefs, well, not so much.

uga3406
11-11-2008, 05:57 PM
If he comes out. He's got the tools but I haven't been overly impressed by him. I doubt Bradford comes out so next years Qb class maybe pathetic. The class after that could be great. Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Sanchez, Stafford and that's just 5 off the top of my head.

I don't hate going for it if you're a bad team. The Broncos did the same thing and it worked for them earlier this season. I don't blame coaching for the Chiefs being a disaster this season.

stafford attends peyton manning camp every summer...manning was quoted as saying that stafford is a very polished and talented qb for some one at his age...that is a huge complement considering who it is coming from, dont ya think ?

greasyObnoxious
11-14-2008, 10:27 AM

actually, i think it wasn't a bad call. they went down the field and scored with a few ticks remaining. they had all the momentum on their side. the play itself was a bad call, i agree, but the decision to go for two made sense to me.

greasyObnoxious
11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
The Chiefs are 1-7, why not go for it. Its not like they have anything else to play for.

exactly. the play didn't work this time, but that doesn't automatically mean it was a bad decision. they had the chance to come up with a very emotional win against a division rival on the road.