PDA

View Full Version : Ginn's incompetence

DEFENSE
11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
I saw the Ted Ginn locker room interview on MiamiDolphins.com last night and it was the first time I've heard him speak. Apart from the Mike Tyson lisp he has, I had no idea how stupid he sounded. I'm not in a position to call him stupid, but geez...I am wondering how this guy is even able to read a playbook. He speaks like 4th grader and seems to have the mental capacity of an infant. I wonder if this has contributed to his early struggles in the NFL. Anyone have the same thoughts?

X-Pacolypse
11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I have a thought. Your post sucks. One star for you.

fin-atic
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow this is kind of harsh don't you think? So many things go into speech patterns and intelligence is only a part of it. But you know the guy returned a kick for a TD, and made a heck of a catch for a TD. I think he deserves some credit and appreciation.

Noodle Arm
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM
3 words....Ohio State University :tongue:

Oh btw, welcome to the Spam forum.

cheyannefan
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I saw the Ted Ginn locker room interview on MiamiDolphins.com last night and it was the first time I've heard him speak. Apart from the Mike Tyson lisp he has, I had no idea how stupid he sounded. I'm not in a position to call him stupid, but geez...I am wondering how this guy is even able to read a playbook. He speaks like 4th grader and seems to have the mental capacity of an infant. I wonder if this has contributed to his early struggles in the NFL. Anyone have the same thoughts?
Wow! To call him stupid because he has some trouble speaking. He has a learning disability when it comes to language and speaking. To say he has not been that productive because he has trouble speaking is ludacris. Did you ever stop to think that "Hey, when they throw him the ball he makes plays!" Maybe they should just look to get him involved in games early so he is productive.

Phinsfan210
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I have thought. Your post sucks. One star for you.

I agree with this man

finfan3223
11-10-2008, 06:16 PM
It doesnt matter how a guy speaks. That doesnt prove how smart he is or isnt.:shakeno:

DEFENSE
11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he is definetly showing some signs of star type potential, but I do believe that intelligence has a lot to do with young players adjusting to the NFL, and he just seemed blatantly dumb to me.

Also, the one star guy...I have no interest in gaining or losing "stars" on an internet forum..I just wanted to see if anyone saw the interview and had the same thoughts or disagreed

DEFENSE
11-10-2008, 06:18 PM
I think I was misunderstood, I didnt make this judgement off of his actual speech, its the things he was saying..has anyone seen it?

X-Pacolypse
11-10-2008, 06:21 PM
To the Depths with this garbage!

BenchFiedler
11-10-2008, 06:26 PM
OH MY !!!
Is he part of an underground dog fighting association?
Was he ever busted for drugs?steroids?
Did he break the law?

You're making fun of someone's handicap..You should be banned forever :shakeno:

dreamwalker
11-10-2008, 06:27 PM

do you know who else sounded stupid when they taked? How about Isaac Newton, Lewis Carroll, Robert Boyle, Winston Churchill, Charles Darwin and Thomas Jefferson

Isnt it wild how you cant judge someone by the way they speak? And isnt wild how it kind of backfires on somone that trys to do it?
:sidelol:

DEFENSE
11-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Once again...I think I was misunderstood, I didnt make this judgement off of the way he was speaking, its the things he was saying..has anyone seen it?

fin-atic
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I think I was misunderstood, I didnt make this judgement off of his actual speech, its the things he was saying..has anyone seen it?

The point is why does this matter? Maybe he isn't comfortable speaking in front of a camera, who knows? I have seen articulate sharp people turn into bumbling idiots in front of an audience or camera.

The thing is we dont know him, and we cant judge him unless we do. Additionally, I have seen very intelligent articulate athletes fail in the NFL. So who knows what this all means. The response you are getting is that you have a chance to come here and share in the win and enjoy it, thanl Ted Ginn for his play but you come here questioning his intellegence. Some of us are enjoying the win today.

By the way one final point, I was outside the locker room when the team came back after the game. I was with a group of fans cheering them and Ginn stopped and gave his gloves to a little girl who was maybe six years old. That's all I need to know about Ted Ginn. I will take his talent and his heart above his IQ any day.

rickyfan85
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM

Yeah yeah i know what your talking about. Doesnt seem super bright. But he's a WR and not a QB, so i'm not worried about it.

And yeah man, if you think Ginn is dumb you've obviously never seen a Fred Taylor interview. Intellectual capacity doesnt necessarily reflect instinctual positions like WR and RB. QB on the other hand is a different story. LOL KORDELL STEWART HAHAHAHA.

oasis
11-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I regularly watch interview on Aquavision and I'll have to agree to a certain extent - his interviews are less than impressive and often times he doesn't understand/hear the question and gives the same answer over and over. Yes, he doesn't have the same eloquence as some of the other guys (Holliday, Ricky, etc.).

I understand your point regarding intelligence factoring into the adjustment of young players so I'm not going to bash you like everyone else. But I don't think you can make a call on his intelligence based on how he interviews. I actually think Cam wouldn't have drafted him if he thought he wasn't a sharp guy.

If he's got the skills he'll be fine. It's not like we're asking him to be the head coach. We're asking him to run around really fast, catch the ball, and haul *** into the endzone.

X-Pacolypse
11-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Once again...I think I was misunderstood, I didnt make this judgement off of the way he was speaking, its the things he was saying..has anyone seen it?

Misunderstood? Please. You know what you said, and so does everybody else. You called the kid stupid because of a speech impediment, and said that he has the mental capacities of an infant. You're wondering why people are railing on you? Instead of calling Ginn "stupid", maybe you should look in the mirror and realize who the real idiot is.

dlockz
11-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I dont personally care if Ginn can talk, read or write I just want him to be a good player for us. I think Joey Porter is an awful person but am more than tickled when he gets a sack for my team.

shanem40
11-10-2008, 06:44 PM
:spamattac

Kadiddlehopper
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Personal

Ginn has admitted that he has a learning disability, and it takes him two to three times longer to learn something than most others. After being diagnosed in the eighth grade, Ginn had tutors to help him and graduated middle and high school with honors. [13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Ginn#cite_note-PalmBeachPost-12)

[/URL]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Ginn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Ginn#cite_note-PalmBeachPost-12)

Ferretsquig
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM

Yeh I saw it. After listening to Holliday and Camarillo articulate their thoughts on the game it was a stark contrast going to Ginn.

And it is a valid point. Maybe receivers and running backs don't have to possess the acumen of a quarterback, but every coach and player needs to have the ability to communicate with one another.

Vaark
11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/03/70ul1c-1.jpg

EJay
11-10-2008, 07:12 PM

You call someone out that you perceive not to be that intelligent yet the title of your thread makes no sense. Using a word inappropriately or not knowing what the word means certainly makes you appear to be hypocritical. Just because someone may be perceived as inarticulate doesn't in any way make them incompetent.

Inarticulate = inability to express oneself clearly using speech
Incompetent = a mentally deficient person

There are a lot of articulate people out there that can't figure out how to change a lightbulb.

In short, the ability to articulate doesn't necessarily equate to being smart and vice versa.

67Stang
11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
The guy is so stupid, he attended a Major University and was the number 9 pick in the draft. If that is stupidity, I would love to be stupid. I have heard him talk, It seems more of a social phobia and nervousness. Your post could have been worded way diffrently and got your opinion across. It seriously makes you look like an A-hole.

Phinatic8u
11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
i jus wactched and why dude thats pretty rude :err:, he sounds like that cause he has a learning disability, illtake a td over a bad interview any day

Jaxfan904
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah yeah i know what your talking about. Doesnt seem super bright. But he's a WR and not a QB, so i'm not worried about it.

And yeah man, if you think Ginn is dumb you've obviously never seen a Fred Taylor interview. Intellectual capacity doesnt necessarily reflect instinctual positions like WR and RB. QB on the other hand is a different story. LOL KORDELL STEWART HAHAHAHA.

Fred Taylor speaks fine man. Actually talking with the media around Jacksonville, they say Fred Taylor is their favorite player to talk too. Now talk to Reggie Williams, that dude is garbage.

WVDolphan
11-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he is definetly showing some signs of star type potential, but I do believe that intelligence has a lot to do with young players adjusting to the NFL, and he just seemed blatantly dumb to me.

Also, the one star guy...I have no interest in gaining or losing "stars" on an internet forum..I just wanted to see if anyone saw the interview and had the same thoughts or disagreed

Well Randy Moss had an all world season as a rookie, so that pretty much destroys that theory.

dreamwalker
11-12-2008, 12:35 AM
:rotfl1:

Well Randy Moss had an all world season as a rookie, so that pretty much destroys that theory.

dolfan06
11-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I saw the Ted Ginn locker room interview on MiamiDolphins.com last night and it was the first time I've heard him speak. Apart from the Mike Tyson lisp he has, I had no idea how stupid he sounded. I'm not in a position to call him stupid, but geez...I am wondering how this guy is even able to read a playbook. He speaks like 4th grader and seems to have the mental capacity of an infant. I wonder if this has contributed to his early struggles in the NFL. Anyone have the same thoughts?WHAT??????????????????????????????????????

xMChemicalRx
11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
do you know who else sounded stupid when they taked? How about Isaac Newton, Lewis Carroll, Robert Boyle, Winston Churchill, Charles Darwin and Thomas Jefferson

Isnt it wild how you cant judge someone by the way they speak? And isnt wild how it kind of backfires on somone that trys to do it?
:sidelol:

damn beat me to it. good post.

xMChemicalRx
11-14-2008, 02:26 PM
what the hell? I just watched it and I understood everything he said. He spurred some of his words yes but damn he spoke loud and clear. And we all know what you meant. He clearly did not say anything wrong. He answered the questions just like anyone would. you stop being an idiot. Your going on my block list.

Breed
11-18-2008, 05:51 PM

I have some thoughts, but those thoughts may get me banned if I posted them.

studsatele
11-21-2008, 08:11 PM
with ted having a learning disability. i cant help but wonder if chad spends alot of 1 on 1 with him. he just seems like a brilliant guy who would probably spend lots of time with ted. im sure he knows of ted disability but sees teds potential.