PDA

View Full Version : Need A Madden 360 Dolphins Owner

Pharm D 4 Life
11-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello,

I am a member of an on-line Madden 09 football. We have just started a new season and our Dolphin owner dropped out, so I am looking for a replacement.

1) This leauge is a SIM leauge - meaning no cheezy on-line play. We play as close to real NFL football as possible. No running the same play over and over. No going for it on 4th down and 5 on your own 35 yard line. No running the no huddle offense in none 2 minute drill situations. Play like real NFL coaches would play.

2) The cost for the leauge is $15 per season, which is already paid in full by the owner that dropped out.

3) This Dolphin team also includes Roy Williams WR and Pacman Jones CB who were aquired via trade at the start of the season.

4) We play 2 league games per week

If you are intersted in playing with the Dolphins and feel that you can play SIM Madden Football, please PM me and we can set up a time to play a game, so I can explain a little more about the leauge. I could even play tonight if you want.

PyroDOLFAN
11-14-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't know about you, but I like it when people are idiots and go for it and 4th and 5. Makes it easier to win that way. How are you going to prevent people from doing this??

Btw, if some one runs the same play all the time then it should be pretty easy to shut him out, if you know anything about how to play the game it should be pretty easy to do. Its their own failure and a waste of 15$ on their part if they manage their games poorly.

Pharm D 4 Life
11-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Actually, it is pretty easy to enforce. If you don't play SIM football you are out of the leauge.

Every year there are a few plays in Madden that are impossible to stop. Taking advantage of computer glitches is not SIM and boring to play against. It is obvious that the above poster is not material for our league.

Any others?

WelcomeBack
11-14-2008, 08:44 PM
If I'm reading correctly, all you do is manage the team. And make trades, releases, signings. In which case, $15 is too much unless they are giving a good size prize.

Pharm D 4 Life
11-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Nope....all the money is given back to the owners that make the playoffs, win playoff games, and the Super Bowl.

You are not just managing the team, you are playing Madden football games....in a SIM matter, meaning as close to real NFL game calling as you can. 2 games per week. Again, you are playing the video game, not computer SIMing.

rainmaker1313
11-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Wrong Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WelcomeBack
11-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh ok, cause usually when I read SIM, it just means in a manner of simulating the game. But I don't understand how someone can play the game in which the trades are made against each other.

Pharm D 4 Life
11-14-2008, 08:55 PM
It is all on the on-line Madden league. Madden Leagues are new this year, which allows teams to make trades. For example, I could trade you Adrain Peterson for Ronnie Brown and Tedd Ginn Jr. The rest of this season, you'd have AP to play with....but not Brown and Ginn. Rosters are saved on XBOX live through our league.

John Biello
11-14-2008, 08:56 PM
when he says sim he doesnt mean simulating games to their outcome, sim is a term that to my knowledge came from players in nfl 2k5, that game used a voting system so you knew who to avoid playing against. i was an "all sim" ranking player there because i played the game without abusing glitches, cheese plays, or other bs like running with your qb every play, nano blitzes, and abusing hurry up offense because you saw a player open that you missed and not giving your opponent time to react accordingly... to name a few. i found a good group of players who played fairly and it was great gaming. most people only care about their win loss record and will take any advantage they can and that ruins MY gaming experience. so i feel where this poster is coming from

Pharm D 4 Life
11-14-2008, 08:58 PM
when he says sim he doesnt mean simulating games to their outcome, sim is a term that to my knowledge came from players in nfl 2k5, that game used a voting system so you knew who to avoid playing against. i was an "all sim" ranking player there because i played the game without abusing glitches, cheese plays, or other bs like running with your qb every play, nano blitzes, and abusing hurry up offense because you saw a player open that you missed and not giving your opponent time to react accordingly... to name a few. i found a good group of players who played fairly and it was great gaming. most people only care about their win loss record and will take any advantage they can and that ruins MY gaming experience. so i feel where this poster is coming from

EXACTLY! You would be the perfect fit. Do you play Madden on XBOX360?

WelcomeBack
11-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Ok, I didn't understand that. Never played the 2K games.

PyroDOLFAN
11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Actually, it is pretty easy to enforce. If you don't play SIM football you are out of the leauge.

Every year there are a few plays in Madden that are impossible to stop. Taking advantage of computer glitches is not SIM and boring to play against. It is obvious that the above poster is not material for our league.

Any others?

I'm already in a league and most could care less about sucky players who can't manage a game for the life of them BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY TO BEAT.

I don't know why you would think I wouldn't be the right material seeing as I do play real football, because real football is how you win games obviously.

And I have never seen a play that is "unstoppable". So either you just suck at playing defense or......you just suck at playing defense.

John Biello
11-14-2008, 09:02 PM
EXACTLY! You would be the perfect fit. Do you play Madden on XBOX360?

they are right though, we do have a dedicated gaming forums, hopefully someone sees this amd moves it to the proper location. that said i dont have as much time as i used to and im on a pretty weird schedule right now. my stepson plays more than i do. ill try and send you a private message.

Pharm D 4 Life
11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
they are right though, we do have a dedicated gaming forums, hopefully someone sees this amd moves it to the proper location. that said i dont have as much time as i used to and im on a pretty weird schedule right now. my stepson plays more than i do. ill try and send you a private message.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to highjack this forum. Just thought there would be some interested guys out there. I now notice a "Games" spot below.

My apologies.

John Biello
11-14-2008, 09:07 PM
no worries, someone will move it for you when they come across it. happens to us all every now and then bro

PyroDOLFAN
11-14-2008, 09:09 PM

That clears things up, I've never played the "2k" games before. I would get annoyed if anyone took advangtage of those rules so I see where the poster is coming from.

Thanks for clearing it up better than others...

Gonzo
11-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to highjack this forum. Just thought there would be some interested guys out there. I now notice a "Games" spot below.

My apologies.
No worries, welcome to the site.

Pharm D 4 Life
11-14-2008, 09:15 PM
No worries, welcome to the site.

Thanks for moving it for me! :)

John Biello
11-15-2008, 03:31 AM
That clears things up, I've never played the "2k" games before. I would get annoyed if anyone took advangtage of those rules so I see where the poster is coming from.

Thanks for clearing it up better than others...

glad i could help man

Birdman
11-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Ill play in ur league pm me if you still need 1