PDA

View Full Version : Randy Mueller Deserves an Apology

South Florida
11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Ted Ginn is not bad.

John Beck is, but Teddy's not.

And you know it was a tough call to stare Miami fans in the face and pass on Brady Quinn.

But with every new week we are seeing why he did just that.

Truth is, just watch Teddy's college YouTube highlights and you'll see why.

But there are haters, and there was a lack of production early on and the doubters got loud.

I personally never hated, but I apologize, Randy, for my friends and their impatience.

DearbornDolfan
11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Wait, did you just bash on Beck? WTF is wrong with you. The kid had a horrible year last year, largely due to Cameron, and he hasn't had the opportunity to show his stuff this year. He's the third QB in a corp that appears to be fairly talented (I think a lot of teams would like to have our QB "problem".)

Phanatical
11-16-2008, 07:48 PM
OK, here we go with the "haters" crap again. "Hater" is almost as pathetic as gangster rap.

TooDrkPark
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Wait, did you just bash on Beck? WTF is wrong with you. The kid had a horrible year last year, largely due to Cameron, and he hasn't had the opportunity to show his stuff this year. He's the third QB in a corp that appears to be fairly talented (I think a lot of teams would like to have our QB "problem".)

Beck may of had a horrible year last year...but c'mon he couldn't beat out a rookie this year to be 2nd stringer. Your comments don't hold much water since your sig shows a Hagan who can't even stay on the team. You might want to think of updating it.

Phanatical
11-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Gangster rap may be a lot of things, but "pathetic" it certainly is not.

There are a lot of people living in the real world that would disagree with you.

South Florida
11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
There are a lot of people living in the real world that would disagree with you.

I removed my post because this is going to lead to a "whack" conversation that I can't have with a "hater."

You can UrbanDictionary those words if you haven't heard enough gangster rap to have experienced them.

Dr. Phin
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
So, he got one player right...shall we begin going over all the stuff he did screw up??? No apologies here!!! He sucked!!!

South Florida
11-16-2008, 07:58 PM

There are more who agree.

Look at the billboard charts.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but Rock n' Roll has all but died in this country.

It will come back, but right now Jay Z, T.I., Lil Wayne and Kanye West own music.

You ever hear of those guys?

Legion
11-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Look at his college highlights and you'll see that he was never anywhere near as good as he is now. He made lots of great plays, but not very many great catches. He had some good returns, but he pretty much never made anyone miss. And if you look at the box scores, you'll see that teams were not afraid to kick to him at any point in his college career.

I'll give him all the credit in the world - he has worked his butt off and made himself into a good player. His progress has been fantastic, and I'm happy to eat my words. We drafted a project at 9, and it's paying off, but that's never a smart move.

Phanatical
11-16-2008, 08:01 PM

It will come back, but right now Jay Z, T.I., Lil Wayne and Kanye West own music.

Yep, that gangster rap is one of the things that is ruining our country and making us less and less competitive in a global market, and one reason that the young generation has no conscience or integrity.

Just because a lot of people enjoy it doesn't make it good, a lot of people killed themselves following Jim Jones, a lot of people followed Hitler, etc. etc. Doesn't make it good or right.

South Florida
11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Yep, that gangster rap is one of the things that is ruining our country and making us less and less competitive in a global market, and one reason that the young generation has no conscience or integrity.

Soft Power.

Gangster rap, believe it or not, helps to keep us a world power.

People envy our music production. Every country listens to our gangsta rappers. Do you listen to anything from Georgia? Or Sri Lanka?

Nah, but they listen to Kanye. And that helps America.

And it's ignorant to write off gangster rap as lacking conscience or integrity.

These guys are the venue for poetry in our country. They are largely cultured and articulate. At least the 4 gentlemen I specified.

Odd turn this thread took, but I'll argue the positives of American Gangster Rap all day.

shula_guy
11-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Ted Ginn is not bad.

And you know it was a tough call to stare Miami fans in the face and pass on Brady Quinn.

But there are haters, and there was a lack of production early on and the doubters got loud.

I personally never hated, but I apologize, Randy, for my friends and their impatience.

YOUR POST SUCKS!

Cry me a river already and gush out all your unhealthy man love on a player, while your at it why dont you try to divide our fan base. Ginn is looking like he is finally begining to catch on, it has taken him awhile. He certainly was not an immeadiate impact player, the type that one would expect from a first rounder.

It is very classy of you to start a thread bashing your fellow fin fans who are guilty of nothing more then be critical thinkers. If you want to be a blind fan who supports every decission made and back it up 100% weather or not it is sound or not, so be it. Dont bash the rest of us because we dont wallow in the same little private idaho as you do.

have a nice day, hope you enjoyed the win like the rest of us did. txs for trying to sour it for everyone. Really appriciate your input.

John Biello
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM

Sadly, yes.... also many of us never doubted ted ginn would produce in this league

Phanatical
11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Soft Power.

People envy our music production. Every country listens to our gangsta rappers. Do you listen to anything from Georgia? Or Sri Lanka?

These guys are the venue for poetry in our country. They are largely cultured and articulate. At least the 4 gentlemen I specified.

Odd turn this thread took, but I'll argue the positives of American Gangster Rap all day.

You can argue the positives of Gangster Rap all day long, but you'll be wrong all day long. If that's how you feel you'll just have to figure it out on yourself. Only life experience will be able to teach you how destructive and worthless it is. Out.

Dolphins11
11-16-2008, 08:09 PM

I have heard of them and Shwayze and Rihanna and maybe Plies deserve some recognition too. I am so into this shiatz...lol

DearbornDolfan
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Beck may of had a horrible year last year...but c'mon he couldn't beat out a rookie this year to be 2nd stringer. Your comments don't hold much water since your sig shows a Hagan who can't even stay on the team. You might want to think of updating it.

All that means is that the two kids are roughly on the same level. In general they have the same playing experience and the same talent level. I think Henne has more confidence in his game, but I'm sure Beck will build his up. In the end it doesn't really matter, because Henne and Beck will only see action in garbage time this year.

As for my sig, were I on a computer that was capable of running CS3 I would've done it a long time ago. I notice that your only attempt at an avatar or sig is some chick with a nice *** decked out in Fins gear, but you don't see me suggesting that your apparent lack of talent with Photoshop has anything to do with the opinions you put out. So, were I you, in the future I'd keep the non sequitur arguments to a minimum.

South Florida
11-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I have heard of them and Shwayze and Rihanna and maybe Plies deserve some recognition too. I am so into this shiatz...lol

The Cool Kids would be so sad to read the comments on this thread. They're so young and promising, but I guess they should just stop in their teens.

So sad.

This is Miami of all places!! How am I not getting any support on this issue?!

South Florida
11-16-2008, 08:12 PM
YOUR POST SUCKS!

Cry me a river already and gush out all your unhealthy man love on a player, while your at it why dont you try to divide our fan base. Ginn is looking like he is finally begining to catch on, it has taken him awhile. He certainly was not an immeadiate impact player, the type that one would expect from a first rounder.

It is very classy of you to start a thread bashing your fellow fin fans who are guilty of nothing more then be critical thinkers. If you want to be a blind fan who supports every decission made and back it up 100% weather or not it is sound or not, so be it. Dont bash the rest of us because we dont wallow in the same little private idaho as you do.

have a nice day, hope you enjoyed the win like the rest of us did. txs for trying to sour it for everyone. Really appriciate your input.

Oh, it's my pleasure.

shula_guy
11-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Hate to burst your bubble Idaho but Tedd Ginn and the rest of our offense did nothing spectacular today and barely escaped by the skin ot their teeth and you can thank our defense for the undeserved "w" in the win column today

DearbornDolfan
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
So that catch on 4th and 5 wasn't spectacular? That huge end-around for a TD wasn't spectacular? The kid's been nothing but clutch this season, certainly far away from the bust half this board was predicting.

South Florida
11-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Hate to burst your bubble Idaho but Tedd Ginn and the rest of our offense did nothing spectacular today and barely escaped by the skin ot their teeth and you can thank our defense for the undeserved "w" in the win column today

Instead I will thank Ted Ginn for his 40 yard TD run and for his 7 yard grab on 4th and 5.

And I'll thank Sparano for going for it on 4th and 5 and not asking Carpenter to kick from 51.

You get a W then you deserved it, unless refs threw it away.

And the refs, from what I gather, helped Oakland if anyone today.

So we deserved it.

And Mueller deserves an apology.

hugoguzman
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM

Huh? You don't think that Ted Ginn did anything spectacular today?

He scored on an electrifying end-around and saved the game with a fourth-down conversion.

What more do you want?

I'm not anointing him as the next great wideout but to say that he did nothing spectacular today is definitely off base.

P.S. Gangster rap is music. If you don't like it, that's cool. But to say that it's leading to the decline of the nation (and to compare it to cult leaders and Hitler) is irresponsible at the very least. It reminds me of jerkies that blamed heavy metal for the world's ills a generation ago.

X-Pacolypse
11-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Beck is pretty much irrelevant at this point. His future is either one of two things. One, he'll be the backup to Chad Henne for the rest of his career. Or two, he'll try to make his name with another team. But Beck is most certainly not the future of this franchise at the quarterback position.

Dr. Phin
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
So that catch on 4th and 5 wasn't spectacular? That huge end-around for a TD wasn't spectacular? The kid's been nothing but clutch this season, certainly far away from the bust half this board was predicting.

It was not spectacular. It was important/clutch...but spectacular is when it was an amazing catch...not just oh, gee he caught the ball when it hit him in the chest...

Also...change your sig...HAGAN...please...he isn't even on the team anymore...

hugoguzman
11-16-2008, 08:28 PM
It was not spectacular. It was important/clutch...but spectacular is when it was an amazing catch...not just oh, gee he caught the ball when it hit him in the chest...

Not sure how you define "spectacular" because it's a very subjective word, but I'm fairly sure that his end-around and his fourth-down catch will make a crapload of highlight reels.

shula_guy
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Huh? You don't think that Ted Ginn did anything spectacular today?

He scored on an electrifying end-around and saved the game with a fourth-down conversion.

What more do you want?

I'm not anointing him as the next great wideout but to say that he did nothing spectacular today is definitely off base.

P.S. Gangster rap is music. If you don't like it, that's cool. But to say that it's leading to the decline of the nation (and to compare it to cult leaders and Hitler) is irresponsible at the very least. It reminds me of jerkies that blamed heavy metal for the world's ills a generation ago.

Yes Ginn hasd a good game today. I just dont like these I told you so threads that start up after a player has a good game. If you have read my past threads you will see I have been supportive of Ginn, but I think it's absurd to ask posters for an appology because they were impatient about having a first round draft pick come out and show impactive play. It's been 2 1/2 years now, I certainly hope he shows us he has something. Was he worth the #9 pick overall? The jury is still out for me on that question.

Phanatical
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Not sure how you define "spectacular" because it's a very subjective word, but I'm fairly sure that his end-around and his fourth-down catch will make a crapload of highlight reels.

That end around was a really awesome play, one that I would call spectacular. He showed good acceleration while breaking tackles too, something Ginn has been routinely criticized for not being able to do.

DearbornDolfan
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Beck is pretty much irrelevant at this point. His future is either one of two things. One, he'll be the backup to Chad Henne for the rest of his career. Or two, he'll try to make his name with another team. But Beck is most certainly not the future of this franchise at the quarterback position.

I don't disagree, necessarily, but that's not a reason to bash him. Instead be grateful to have a capable safety net.

DearbornDolfan
11-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Yes Ginn hasd a good game today. I just dont like these I told you so threads that start up after a player has a good game. If you have read my past threads you will see I have been supportive of Ginn, but I think it's absurd to ask posters for an appology because they were impatient about having a first round draft pick come out and show impactive play. It's been 2 1/2 years now, I certainly hope he shows us he has something. Was he worth the #9 pick overall? The jury is still out for me on that question.

Year and a half, actually, which is only halfway to what is tagged as acceptable development time for all receivers coming into the league. If this is half of what he's capable of, I can't wait to see him with three years under his belt.

DearbornDolfan
11-16-2008, 08:34 PM

You offering to make me a replacement?

MiamiDolphins34
11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Soft Power.

Thats because they happened to born in the US.Do you really think theyd be famous if they were from congo?:lol:

South Florida
11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
It's been 2 1/2 years now, I certainly hope he shows us he has something. Was he worth the #9 pick overall? The jury is still out for me on that question.

This...this is his 2nd season, right?

shula_guy
11-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Year and a half, actually, which is only halfway to what is tagged as acceptable development time for all receivers coming into the league. If this is half of what he's capable of, I can't wait to see him with three years under his belt.

Excuse me your correct 1 1/2 year

South Florida
11-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Thats because they happened to born in the US.Do you really think theyd be famous if they were from congo?:lol:

:lol: M.I.A. was born in Sri Lanka. Her song "Paper Planes" is pretty popular right now. And she was influential enough to convince T.I., Jay Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West to sample her voice for "Swagger Like Us."

I think if any of them were born in the Congo and did produce similar art, it would have been largely based on American Gangster Rap. Which is great. That's America's soft power. We influence cultures.

gota
11-16-2008, 08:38 PM

He was drafted in April of last year. Where do you get 2 1/2 years from? He's been a pro for all of 26 games and a starter for even less.

Edit: everyone else pointed this out so nevermind.

Phinatic8u
11-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Soft Power.

yes i agree with u Kanye and Wayne are the most lyrically gifted music artists today with jay z and ti close, and you r right we dont listen to arabian music but they listen to WAYNE AND KANYE :woot:

Phinatic8u
11-16-2008, 08:40 PM
:lol: M.I.A. was born in Sri Lanka. Her song "Paper Planes" is pretty popular right now. And she was influential enough to convince T.I., Jay Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West to sample her voice for "Swagger Like Us."

I think if any of them were born in the Congo and did produce similar art, it would have been largely based on American Gangster Rap. Which is great. That's America's soft power. We influence cultures.

Wayne also did a Paper Planes remix

CedarPhin
11-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Ginn had a great game today and really stepped up when it mattered.

That said, outside of he and Satele, last year's draft was abysmal IMO.

South Florida
11-16-2008, 08:59 PM

Nice, i didn't know that.

Here, this is the hottest new thing I know of.

http://rapidshare.com/files/116446998/The_Cool_Kids_-_The_Bake_Sale__2008___iTunes_.zip.html

NJL52
11-16-2008, 09:23 PM
OK, here we go with the "haters" crap again. "Hater" is almost as pathetic as gangster rap.

lol

"My opinion is better then yours and that is a fact."

People these days.......

South Florida
11-16-2008, 10:38 PM
lol

"My opinion is better then yours and that is a fact."

People these days.......

Yeah, not that my thread was any good, but this guy got the ruin-stone rolling.

TooDrkPark
11-16-2008, 11:42 PM
All that means is that the two kids are roughly on the same level. In general they have the same playing experience and the same talent level. I think Henne has more confidence in his game, but I'm sure Beck will build his up. In the end it doesn't really matter, because Henne and Beck will only see action in garbage time this year.

As for my sig, were I on a computer that was capable of running CS3 I would've done it a long time ago. I notice that your only attempt at an avatar or sig is some chick with a nice *** decked out in Fins gear, but you don't see me suggesting that your apparent lack of talent with Photoshop has anything to do with the opinions you put out. So, were I you, in the future I'd keep the non sequitur arguments to a minimum.

Haha...nah..I just don't have time to play with photos like you. It's the real world. Real priorities in life. Photoshop isn't one of them.

By the way, calm down...you take things way too personally..retract your claws....

CedarPhin
11-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Haha...nah..I just don't have time to play with photos like you. It's the real world. Real priorities in life. Photoshop isn't one of them.

By the way, calm down...you take things way too personally..retract your claws....

Don't worry, he's not angry with just you, he's also been venting on UM sharing the stadium tonight.

rainmaker1313
11-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Gangster rap is meaninglesss drivel!
I'd rather sit on a porcupine that listen to that sad ****!

Jimi
11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
First of all, i love Ted Ginn, think and hope he will be an amazing player for us. Its hard to put your finger on exactly what it was, but since that 175 yd day for him he doesnt look like the same player. 4 weeks ago he gets tackled on that end around by one of the three or so guys who tried. He finally looks like he gets it. With that being said, he still hasnt completed a 2nd year, and has not imposed himself as a dominating WR. 9th overall pick is a steep price, although hes playing great its going to take more to live up to that.

And about this rap issuse, i cant believe im reading so much hate for it. If you dont like it cool, but ruining the country? Sounds just like the sterotypical old man from the seventies moaning about that gosh darned rock n roll. You realize rappers are rapping about things that ALREADY happen? I dont buy that drug dealing and murders happen because Lil Wayne talks about it. Anyone that influenced my music has bigger problems.

dlockz
11-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Ted Ginn is not bad.

I dont owe Mueller an apology. Ginn seems like he is becoming a good player but please tell me if you had to redo that draft that you would not prefer another player. we could have drafted a player similar to Ginn this year in the second round in Desean Jackson. Still think it was foolish to pass on our biggest need last year. We then were forced to use two second round picks on qb's and still cannot be sure as of yet that either one is the real deal allthough I think henne will be fine. Mueller also drafted Beck, Booker, Solai, Mauia so are we to be excited by those picks.
He also traded a draft pick for a washed up Trent Green. I think Mueller should apologize to us still.

Flip Tanneflop
11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Soft Power.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Flip Tanneflop
11-17-2008, 10:27 PM

You forgot the 3rd and MOST LIKELY possibility. That Beck will continue to completely blow and fade into complete obsurity and out of the league entirely.

CedarPhin
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
You forgot the 3rd and MOST LIKELY possibility. That Beck will continue to completely blow and fade into complete obsurity and out of the league entirely.

He'll end up becoming a coach in some part of Utah. Just like Brandon Doman.

Product of the system. That's all he is/was. He sucks.

Flip Tanneflop
11-17-2008, 10:36 PM

They have all done a remix of it. You think these guys actually make music? If one of them writes something original, like 15 of them copy it. Otherwise, they just all copy stuff made by Rock and Roll or Pop MUSICIANS from the 70's and 80's to make a song. If you call it a song.

CedarPhin
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I like rap music from about the late 80s/early 90s...but all of that **** sounds exactly the same nowadays.

Music today sucks in general.

CedarPhin
11-18-2008, 12:09 AM

You seem bitter in all of your replies...I guess living in Dearborn will do that to anyone though.

:lol: