PDA

View Full Version : Paul Newman Appreciation Thread

Blackocrates
11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
He passed away recently, so I thought there should be a thread honoring him. He was one of the great ones. I haven't seen all of his movies but the ones I have, I've loved.

I've seen:
The Hustler
Nobody's Fool
Cool Hand Luke
The Verdict
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Sting
The Color of Money
The Hudsucker Proxy
Road to Perdition

I loved all of those. It's hard to call a favorite but Nobody's Fool may have the nod.

I'm still waiting for the following movies to come in:
Slap Shot
Hud
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Did he even make a bad movie? I'm not aware of any. He had great chemistry with Robert Redford. I wish they could have worked together more.

SpaceMountain16
11-18-2008, 08:47 PM
He passed away recently, so I thought there should be a thread honoring him. He was one of the great ones. I haven't seen all of his movies but the ones I have, I've loved.

I've seen:
The Hustler
Nobody's Fool
Cool Hand Luke
The Verdict
The Sting
The Color of Money
The Hudsucker Proxy
Road to Perdition

I loved all of those. It's hard to call a favorite but Nobody's Fool may have the nod.

Slap Shot
Hud
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Did he even make a bad movie? I'm not aware of any. He had great chemistry with Robert Redford. I wish they could have worked together more.

He made some bad movies, but they weren't bad because of him. He was a fantastic actor my favorite of all-time.

I heard that he and Redford wanted to make one final movie together but Newman was getting sick around the time they decided to do it.

R.I.P Paul

phinfan3411
11-19-2008, 01:20 PM

I've seen:
The Hustler
Nobody's Fool
Cool Hand Luke
The Verdict
The Sting
The Color of Money
The Hudsucker Proxy
Road to Perdition

Slap Shot
Hud
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

You will love Slap Shot, real funny movie, have not watched the other two you are waiting for.

Great Actor, too many good movies to list, but The Sting, and Butch Cassidy, and the Sundance Kid would have to be my favorites.

Blackocrates
12-03-2008, 08:53 PM
You will love Slap Shot, real funny movie, have not watched the other two you are waiting for.

They still have very long waits on them. I'm beginning to think I'll never see those movies.