PDA

View Full Version : Did they say OAK released D Hall???

MrEd
11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
If that's the case why hasn't anyone attempted to sign him?

WeVie
11-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Because he is a Redskin. Someone did sign him

MarinoEqualsGod
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
If that's the case why hasn't anyone attempted to sign him?

He had an interception last night against Dallas

tcdrover
11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
The skins signed him and he played for them yesterday. He had a pick in the 1st half of the game already...

Damn shame they lost that game. I LOVE to see Jerry Jones squirm. :d-day:

dlockz
11-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Its almost laughable that people act like Hall would not improve our secondary. 24 years old, 2 time pro bowler , proven play maker. yea jason Allen has shown to be so much better than him lol.

FINdestructible
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Wtlw. :)

Phinatic8u
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Its almost laughable that people act like Hall would not improve our secondary. 24 years old, 2 time pro bowler , proven play maker. yea jason Allen has shown to be so much better than him lol.

yea but i think the trifecta have there mouth watering over ASO or GAMBLE so why waste money on a showbouting cancer

Locke
11-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Why do you always insist on talking down about your fellow fin-fans? Its annoying, and quite frankly, infuriating. People hate being disrespected, and you do it every damn day.....

fatkirstyalley
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM
D Hall is overrated, was there any doubt he would sign with the skins?

dlockz
11-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Why do you always insist on talking down about your fellow fin-fans? Its annoying, and quite frankly, infuriating. People hate being disrespected, and you do it every damn day.....

Im not disrepecting anybody its silly to say a guy who cannot break through a mediocre secondary is better than a 2 time probowler. I just dont get you and your holier than thou attitude. if I say Channing crowder is the best inside linebacker in the league i fully expect that someone will disagree with me and tell me that it makes no sense to see Crowder as that. You have very thin skin and are very much overreacting as usual. so if a poster says that ted ginn is better than Randy Moss , you just avoid the conversation. I am glad to be on a board with fin fans but if a fan says stuff that does not pass the smell test i will call them on it.

dlockz
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
yea but i think the trifecta have there mouth watering over ASO or GAMBLE so why waste money on a showbouting cancer

i doubt the Trifecta spend big money on any CB. Hall is 24 years old and would have been a relative bargain for a team looking at fighting for a playoff spot. Our secondary is weak and he would upgrade it. Why wait for next year when you have oppertunities this year, there is no guarantee that ANY TEAM WILL HAVE NEXT YEAR, IF you dont believe it get with a guy that has been a fan for a while. None of us doubted that marino would have multiple rings.

sn9ke.eyes
11-18-2008, 11:18 AM

It's almost laughable that people act like Hall would not have a negative impact on our team chemistry. 24 years old, 2 times he's been dumped by teams this year, proven locker room cancer.

dlockz
11-18-2008, 01:19 PM
It's almost laughable that people act like Hall would not have a negative impact on our team chemistry. 24 years old, 2 times he's been dumped by teams this year, proven locker room cancer.

Hmm raiders loser with him and loser without him. Atlanta would have been horrible with or without him last year and he wanted out. people exaggerate about stuff they have no clue about what happened. Quinton Moses was cut twice last year did he affect our chemistry , was he cut because he was a cancer. Hall was not dumped by Atlanta he was traded for a second round pick, he was not dumped by oakland because he was a cancer , they wanted to dump his salary, Todd Lowber is with his 4th team this year , is this because he is a cancer. what about William Kershaw with his third team this year or Kirk barton who has also been on three teams including getting vut twice by us. Patrick Cobbs went through 2 teams in 2006 so I guess he was to blame for our 1-15 season. my point is if I have one is that he has not shown to be anymore of a cancer than any other player people just are making assumptions without basis.

Nappy Roots
11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
hall has been beating like a drum the past 2 years, i dont care how many pro bowls he has had in his past. hes always been overrated and has been exposed the past 2 seasons.

howard didnt get beat as much when he was a fin as hall has been beat this year.

sn9ke.eyes
11-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Hmm raiders loser with him and loser without him. Atlanta would have been horrible with or without him last year and he wanted out. people exaggerate about stuff they have no clue about what happened. Quinton Moses was cut twice last year did he affect our chemistry , was he cut because he was a cancer. Hall was not dumped by Atlanta he was traded for a second round pick, he was not dumped by oakland because he was a cancer , they wanted to dump his salary, Todd Lowber is with his 4th team this year , is this because he is a cancer. what about William Kershaw with his third team this year or Kirk barton who has also been on three teams including getting vut twice by us. Patrick Cobbs went through 2 teams in 2006 so I guess he was to blame for our 1-15 season. my point is if I have one is that he has not shown to be anymore of a cancer than any other player people just are making assumptions without basis.

Ok so because D.Hall is cut because he's a cancer, then all the sudden every other player who is cut from multiple teams is because they are bad locker room guys? That's quite a reach and it's not what I said at all. This has nothing to do with Lowber, Barton, Kershaw, or Cobbs or any other players. Don't muddy the waters up.

True the Raiders and Falcons would not have been good with or with out him, but that doesn't translate into any team that has him will be good either.

I have no idea why Quinton Moses was dumped, I'm not that familiar with his backstory.

Hall was dumped by Atlanta, they just suckered Oakland into overpaying for him in a trade. They were going to get rid of him so they found the best bidder. I didn't say they cut him, but they definitely dumped him. Their intentions were clear, they wanted him gone. Their method of getting rid of him was to maximize their return, the smart thing to do.

Hall was dumped by Oakland for performance reasons but that doesn't mean that he was a good behaviour guy while there. Look at what he did THIS year against his former team and how glad his former teammates are to be away from him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/DeAngelo-Hall-wanted-to-fight-former-Atlanta-tea?urn=nfl,120692

"One of our ex-players, sitting there in the tunnel, waiting on us to come through the halftime to pick a fight with one of my teammates," Brooking said. "I'm just sitting there as I'm going to the locker room thinking, ‘Geez, man, I mean, I'm so glad we're removed from all that mess.' You know, because of the camaraderie that we have as a team from a players standpoint, the relationships we've developed with our coaches. I mean, it's a great working relationship."

You say that everyone is making assumptions and they don't know what really happened. Isn't that what you are doing too, you are just making different assumptions ?

dlockz
11-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok so because D.Hall is cut because he's a cancer, then all the sudden every other player who is cut from multiple teams is because they are bad locker room guys? That's quite a reach and it's not what I said at all. This has nothing to do with Lowber, Barton, Kershaw, or Cobbs or any other players. Don't muddy the waters up.

True the Raiders and Falcons would not have been good with or with out him, but that doesn't translate into any team that has him will be good either.

I have no idea why Quinton Moses was dumped, I'm not that familiar with his backstory.

Hall was dumped by Atlanta, they just suckered Oakland into overpaying for him in a trade. They were going to get rid of him so they found the best bidder. I didn't say they cut him, but they definitely dumped him. Their intentions were clear, they wanted him gone. Their method of getting rid of him was to maximize their return, the smart thing to do.

Hall was dumped by Oakland for performance reasons but that doesn't mean that he was a good behaviour guy while there. Look at what he did THIS year against his former team and how glad his former teammates are to be away from him:

You say that everyone is making assumptions and they don't know what really happened. Isn't that what you are doing too, you are just making different assumptions ?

not really because oakland admitted it was a money issue, why pay a guy when you are still losing. I feel Oakland is run by a moron and made the wrong move. Im sure when alot of players move on there are players that are glad they are gone. I would take Hall anyday of the week over jason Allen who cannot beat out Goodman or Hill to be a starter. i guarantee you that Hall would not be sitting behind either player.

Nappy Roots
11-18-2008, 02:10 PM
not really because oakland admitted it was a money issue, why pay a guy when you are still losing. I feel Oakland is run by a moron and made the wrong move. Im sure when alot of players move on there are players that are glad they are gone. I would take Hall anyday of the week over jason Allen who cannot beat out Goodman or Hill to be a starter. i guarantee you that Hall would not be sitting behind either player.

course it was a money issue, who wants to pay a ****ty *** player that kinda money

dlockz
11-18-2008, 02:17 PM
course it was a money issue, who wants to pay a ****ty *** player that kinda money

Well he has not overall shown to be a ****ty player. believe what you want but he is definately better than Goodman or Allen. Oakland also was rumored to be cutting tommy kelly who they made the richest dlineman at the time. This team is ran by an idiot. This would be equivilant to cutting Joey Porter last year. Hall said it was a bad scheme for him, just as it was a bad scheme for joey porter early on.

Nappy Roots
11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Well he has not overall shown to be a ****ty player. believe what you want but he is definately better than Goodman or Allen. Oakland also was rumored to be cutting tommy kelly who they made the richest dlineman at the time. This team is ran by an idiot. This would be equivilant to cutting Joey Porter last year. Hall said it was a bad scheme for him, just as it was a bad scheme for joey porter early on.

if you want to base your opinion of him on over 3 years ago, go ahead. but last 2 years he has shown to be ****ty

dlockz
11-18-2008, 02:21 PM
if you want to base your opinion of him on over 3 years ago, go ahead. but last 2 years he has shown to be ****ty

Thats your opinion but hall is a better player than u give him credit for.

sn9ke.eyes
11-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Let me fix this for you

why pay a UNDER PERFORMING guy when you are still losing

If he was producing, they would be willing to keep him.

No argument that Oakland is run by a moron, all I'm saying is that even with his fat contract and the team losing, if he was playing great they would not have cut him.

Nappy is right, Hall has been bad the last 2 years. That's not opinion, it's fact.

What is opinion is that you think he'll play better on a new team.

dlockz
11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Let me fix this for you

why pay a UNDER PERFORMING guy when you are still losing

If he was producing, they would be willing to keep him.

No argument that Oakland is run by a moron, all I'm saying is that even with his fat contract and the team losing, if he was playing great they would not have cut him.

Nappy is right, Hall has been bad the last 2 years. That's not opinion, it's fact.

What is opinion is that you think he'll play better on a new team.

Well he definately already made his presence known with his new team with an interception game 1. The part that is not an opinion is that he is better than Goodman who has been awful at times and Allen who cannot beat out Goodman. No matter how bad they supposedly thought Hall was playing he still was starting for them. This is an organization ran by total morons. When you have no offense it affects your defense much the reason we had a poor defense last year.

Please give me the logic of cutting Hall for the raiders the week after they give up 252 yards rushing and the offense of the raiders have 3 first downs and 77 total yards. Then the genius in charge blames a cb for this.
Oakland has one of the worst run defense in the league and overall thier pass defense has been about 20th but you cut a cornerback. Yes Eddie Royal torched him but its not like he is the only corner that Royal has picked on. hell Royal still had 7 receptions versus us. Lets not forget that Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Jerrico Cothery, Derrick mason and Lee Evans all wrecked pretty good havoc on our secondary this year so I guess we have a starting corner that is not very good also.
Yes our secondary has looked somewhat better in our last 3 wins but lets look back at the teams we beat. Denver had no runningbacks left, so we knew they had to pass and they still had over 300 yards. Seattle with thier backup qb and backup receiver and last week against the most inept offense in football. Our secondary really is not that good and outside of Will Allen we need upgrades badly. For as bad as Hall played he still has more passesm defensed and more interceptions than our best corner.
Not saying Hall was playing great but we had nothing to lose by trying to upgrade our secondary. I mean would you really miss Joey Thomas or Nate Jones of course not.

sn9ke.eyes
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Well he definately already made his presence known with his new team with an interception game 1. The part that is not an opinion is that he is better than Goodman who has been awful at times and Allen who cannot beat out Goodman. No matter how bad they supposedly thought Hall was playing he still was starting for them. This is an organization ran by total morons. When you have no offense it affects your defense much the reason we had a poor defense last year.

Please give me the logic of cutting Hall for the raiders the week after they give up 252 yards rushing and the offense of the raiders have 3 first downs and 77 total yards. Then the genius in charge blames a cb for this.
Oakland has one of the worst run defense in the league and overall thier pass defense has been about 20th but you cut a cornerback. Yes Eddie Royal torched him but its not like he is the only corner that Royal has picked on. hell Royal still had 7 receptions versus us. Lets not forget that Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Jerrico Cothery, Derrick mason and Lee Evans all wrecked pretty good havoc on our secondary this year so I guess we have a starting corner that is not very good also.
Yes our secondary has looked somewhat better in our last 3 wins but lets look back at the teams we beat. Denver had no runningbacks left, so we knew they had to pass and they still had over 300 yards. Seattle with thier backup qb and backup receiver and last week against the most inept offense in football. Our secondary really is not that good and outside of Will Allen we need upgrades badly. For as bad as Hall played he still has more passesm defensed and more interceptions than our best corner.
Not saying Hall was playing great but we had nothing to lose by trying to upgrade our secondary. I mean would you really miss Joey Thomas or Nate Jones of course not.

I never said it was logical for the Raiders to cut him while the rest of their team sucked too. I said he was under performing or else he would not have been cut. And Oakland is run by morons just like you said, so I don't see how him starting for them is a positive, I don't want to copycat a moron.

You and I agree on a lot of this, but what we don't agree on and probably never will is that we had nothing to lose by trying to upgrade our secondary. What I've been trying to say is that I think we did have something to lose, and that was team chemistry. I think the Dolphins right now are playing like a TEAM and they are on a roll. I personally feel that you bring a guy who has a high probability of disrupting the chemistry mix (based upon past behavior) and you could do more harm than good.

dlockz
11-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I never said it was logical for the Raiders to cut him while the rest of their team sucked too. I said he was under performing or else he would not have been cut. And Oakland is run by morons just like you said, so I don't see how him starting for them is a positive, I don't want to copycat a moron.

You and I agree on a lot of this, but what we don't agree on and probably never will is that we had nothing to lose by trying to upgrade our secondary. What I've been trying to say is that I think we did have something to lose, and that was team chemistry. I think the Dolphins right now are playing like a TEAM and they are on a roll. I personally feel that you bring a guy who has a high probability of disrupting the chemistry mix (based upon past behavior) and you could do more harm than good.

well in the past hall has been on winning teams. if Hall did not work out we could cut him. I respect your point just dont agree with it though.