PDA

View Full Version : McNabb really didn't know?

-Miami Fan-
11-17-2008, 05:15 PM
According to his post-game interview, Donnovan McNabb blatantly stated that he did not know that after one quarter of overtime that the game would end in a tie. To me it sounded like a sarcastic comment, but the fact that he repeated it several times made it seem like he really did not know that the game ends in a tie after one quarter of overtime. If he was serious and did not know about that rule, then I seriously question his intelligence as a quarterback in the National Football League.

So I'm watching Outside the Lines and they played several telephone calls from a Philadelphia sports talk radio station and the callers sounded (no surprise) depressed and they were calling for both McNabb and Reid's head. These fans are just trash. How can you be calling for their heads? The team is having a good season in the best division in the NFL. I seriously thought Philadelphia couldn't get much worse, but as us Marlins fans know...Philly fans are just trash.

WVDolphan
11-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Why wouldnt they call for their heads? Do you seriously want a QB running your team that dosent know simple rules of the game?

McNabb is a loser. He is a losing player. He vomits under pressure and makes his team uncapable of going no huddle when necessary at times because he cant handle the pressure. You cant have a guy like this running your offense.

They shouldve already gotten rid of the guy, because you just cant win with him. At least not win anything BIG like a world championship.

dlockz
11-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Why wouldnt they call for their heads? Do you seriously want a QB running your team that dosent know simple rules of the game?

McNabb is a loser. He is a losing player. He vomits under pressure and makes his team uncapable of going no huddle when necessary at times because he cant handle the pressure. You cant have a guy like this running your offense.

They shouldve already gotten rid of the guy, because you just cant win with him. At least not win anything BIG like a world championship.

well Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton and Dan marino have no rings so did they all suffer from the same disease? You do realize he was three points from a world championship which means he is capable.

Spiff
11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree with WV. If McNabb really didn't know, there shouldn't be a spot on any active roster for him. McNabb made a fool of himself with that comment.

SpaceMountain16
11-18-2008, 01:23 PM
According to his post-game interview, Donnovan McNabb blatantly stated that he did not know that after one quarter of overtime that the game would end in a tie. To me it sounded like a sarcastic comment, but the fact that he repeated it several times made it seem like he really did not know that the game ends in a tie after one quarter of overtime. If he was serious and did not know about that rule, then I seriously question his intelligence as a quarterback in the National Football League.

So I'm watching Outside the Lines and they played several telephone calls from a Philadelphia sports talk radio station and the callers sounded (no surprise) depressed and they were calling for both McNabb and Reid's head. These fans are just trash. How can you be calling for their heads? The team is having a good season in the best division in the NFL. I seriously thought Philadelphia couldn't get much worse, but as us Marlins fans know...Philly fans are just trash.

Clueless comment

Daytona Fin
11-19-2008, 04:16 PM
it blows my mind donovan mcnabb didnt know there was ties in the nfl. espn has a poll right now about the issue and apparently theres 22% of the country that doesnt know either. just wanted to know if its that bad on finheaven also.

NYinBostonFin
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that he didn't know. I don't care how often it happens.

dlockz
11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Its bad for him not to know but this happens in all walks of life including President.

NYinBostonFin
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Its bad for him not to know but this happens in all walks of life including President.

Doesn't make it acceptable, and may cost some jobs at the end of the year if they miss the wildcard by a game. Philly is far from a forgiving place. Mcnabb is already looking over his shoulder, and Reid is on the hot seat. This doesnt help things.

djfresh47
11-19-2008, 09:57 PM
McNabb didn't play well. I think the comments are irrelevant. Just something for people to look at. Philly doesn't need to be a forgiving place. They can boo santa and Jimmy Rollins.

Slim
11-19-2008, 11:33 PM
It really is mind blowing... the guy has been playing football for ~ 20 years now. Are you telling me that in those 20 years, not once did he hear of a tie???? What a moron

Dolpfan_72
11-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Just shows you that education for a superstar athlete is just a formality.

ih8brady
11-20-2008, 02:39 AM
With the exception of baseball, what other mainstream team sport doesn't have ties? Ridiculous for even a casual fan not to know. I mean what do you think happens when OT ends? Another quarter? wtf?

Daytona Fin
11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
to take his thinking even further, he also thought playoffs could end in a tie. the more i think about some of things he has said in his career, it really makes me believe he doesnt have any education at all.

PhinzN703
11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I knew there were ties :up:

SpaceMountain16
11-20-2008, 01:49 PM
It's inexcusable for him not to know, especially since he's played in both regular season and playoff overtime games before. He's played in the post-season again a Carolina team that defeated the Rams in DOUBLE over time, so apparently he wasn't paying attention that year as he ushered the statement "I'd hate to see what would happen in the playoffs or super bowl".

shula_guy
11-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I did not know about ties, I thought NFL gear was considered casaul wear apparel, wtf?????????

shula_guy
11-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Seriously, I think if I were the one paying his salary I would want a refund of some sort from him. Is it not his responsibility to read and learn the rule book of his profession. I would sue him for misrepresentation of being a professional football player.

In my mind weather he knew about and understood the rule or not, it was just him looking for an excuse. He was meerly trying to deflect the attention off his subpar performance and direct it on something or someone else. He pulled the same stunt on real sports HBO with that crap about how much harder it is to be a black QB in the NFL. Maybe it is harder for him to be a QB in the NFL, but not because he is black. Because he is too lazy to sit down and learn the rules of the game he plays.

He is a master at making excuses for himself. I am sick of him and all garbage that he spews. I hope they fire him and Ried and hire the Pats OC and he Takes Cassel over to the Eagles with him. I think TO was right about McNabb all along.

#1dolphinsfan
11-21-2008, 01:57 AM
After 1 OT no but i did know they happend

GoonBoss
11-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Good lord.

djfresh47
11-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Braylon Edwards stated 80% of the league didn't know games could end in ties. I don't think him not knowing had anything to do with them not beating Cincy.

Daytona Fin
11-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Braylon Edwards stated 80% of the league didn't know games could end in ties. I don't think him not knowing had anything to do with them not beating Cincy.

yeah braylon, theres another einstien. thank god we didnt draft him.

emeraldfin
11-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Obviosly McNabb never looked at a divisonal table.

As most of them have three columns

Win-Loss-Tie

NYinBostonFin
11-21-2008, 10:37 AM

That may not be true. He may have been more conservative with the ball when dropping back to pass, thinking they would get the ball back because of Cinci pathetic offense.

twanderer
11-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Well outside of Marino... I would take McNabb over any QB we have had since. I agree it was a stupid comment (even I was like WHAT???!!!!???) but to question his over all ability because of a stupid (although honest) comment is unreasonable. Did it have anything to do with the outcome???? Didndt he throw a hailmary pass to try to win the game?

It's like wow... get over it.

PhinzN703
11-21-2008, 11:57 AM

So he conducted the survey league-wide?

NYinBostonFin
11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Well outside of Marino... I would take McNabb over any QB we have had since. I agree it was a stupid comment (even I was like WHAT???!!!!???) but to question his over all ability because of a stupid (although honest) comment is unreasonable. Did it have anything to do with the outcome???? Didndt he throw a hailmary pass to try to win the game?

It's like wow... get over it.

Umm....no, QB's should know the rules. What's next, the coach not knowing?

djfresh47
11-21-2008, 07:06 PM
So he conducted the survey league-wide?

I would think a person inside a locker room knows more about what other players think and know.

I don't think it matters whether he knew the rule or not. Other people may think it's a big deal. To me it's nothing. He played a terrible game and hasn't been playing well of late. That should be more of an issue than this.

djfresh47
11-21-2008, 07:11 PM
That may not be true. He may have been more conservative with the ball when dropping back to pass, thinking they would get the ball back because of Cinci pathetic offense.

Well he would've been killed if he threw a pick late that cost them the game. He played bad and threw 3 picks already. I think that plays into a Qb's mindset. The only Qb who I don't think it hurts is Brett Favre. It doesn't seem to bother him.

Qb's get the blame and Qb's get the credit. Teams generally don't have balls and are conservative as it is. When they are people criticize them.

shula_guy
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I would think a person inside a locker room knows more about what other players think and know.

I don't think it matters whether he knew the rule or not. Other people may think it's a big deal. To me it's nothing. He played a terrible game and hasn't been playing well of late. That should be more of an issue than this.

Bingo! Give this guy a cigar!

SpaceMountain16
11-22-2008, 11:40 AM

I wouldn't say it's nothing, but i do agree that his terrible performances as of late should be the real issue. His slow starts in games even in games they won. He's just having a real bad season and i think this stupid comment just adds fuel to the fire, most Philly fans want him gone and for good reason. They have a QB waiting in the wings and would like to see him get a chance over a guy who, while being a solid QB for his career, just can't get it done.