PDA

View Full Version : AFC east

Vikeman
11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
The Fins will take out the Pats this week, and I am one New englander who is going to enjoy watching the Fins and the Jets duke it out for the division championship. I predicted after the Super Bowl that the Pats would not make the playoffs. Of course, I had no idea Brady would go down.

dolfan06
11-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Bilichick claims to be afraid of the dolphins "gimmick plays", as well he should be. he should be afraid of the other 30 teams in the league too, he can't tape em anymore. lmao

feelthepain
11-19-2008, 02:43 AM
Here's what I know, Matt Cassel put up 400 passing yards against a much better Jets secondary then Miami has. Miami has been winning by the skin of their teeth the last two weeks against some pretty bad teams. If anyone remembers the last two games were full of Seahawk and Raider dropped passes. We now face Moss and Welker, they don't drop passes. If Miami can't figure out a way to get to Cassel on nealry every pass play we are going to get lit up.

I think our offense will play alright, but our defense scares the hell out of me. I know one thing this will be the first game in three weeks I don't think we stand a chance of winning. Our lack of talent will be exposed this weekend. I'm happy at the success we've shown this year and I always thought we were much better then we were given credit for, but this team has limits.

Dolphins7273
11-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Here's what I know, Matt Cassel put up 400 passing yards against a much better Jets secondary then Miami has. Miami has been winning by the skin of their teeth the last two weeks against some pretty bad teams. If anyone remembers the last two games were full of Seahawk and Raider dropped passes. We now face Moss and Welker, they don't drop passes. If Miami can't figure out a way to get to Cassel on nealry every pass play we are going to get lit up.

I think our offense will play alright, but our defense scares the hell out of me. I know one thing this will be the first game in three weeks I don't think we stand a chance of winning. Our lack of talent will be exposed this weekend. I'm happy at the success we've shown this year and I always thought we were much better then we were given credit for, but this team has limits.

Need I remind you that the last time we played those douche bags their offense put up a "whopping" 13 points on the board? And it wasn't because they were caught off guard with the wildcat, either...

nyjunc
11-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Need I remind you that the last time we played those douche bags their offense put up a "whopping" 13 points on the board? And it wasn't because they were caught off guard with the wildcat, either...

NE put up 19 on us the 1st time and that was mostly due to a bad Brett INT deep in our territory and great FP all day. The NE O is alot better now than early in the season.

SpurzN703
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM
NE put up 19 on us the 1st time and that was mostly due to a bad Brett INT deep in our territory and great FP all day. The NE O is alot better now than early in the season.

Teams get better as the year goes on. I think with the added motivation that the Pats are coming to town and the playoffs are in reach, both teams will play more then they are capable of playing.

Back in September, the Dolphins went into New England 0-2. They had nothing to lose, why not try some funky new Wildcat plays.

Now they are 6-4 and have vastly improved from last season. I don't think they want to settle for finishing the year average so I look for them to continue playing better then their talent should allow.

nyjunc
11-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Teams get better as the year goes on. I think with the added motivation that the Pats are coming to town and the playoffs are in reach, both teams will play more then they are capable of playing.

Back in September, the Dolphins went into New England 0-2. They had nothing to lose, why not try some funky new Wildcat plays.

Now they are 6-4 and have vastly improved from last season. I don't think they want to settle for finishing the year average so I look for them to continue playing better then their talent should allow.

I think Miami i for real as far as a possible playoff team but if they beat NE this week and sweep them w/ NE playing pretty well lately coming off a big loss then I will really be impressed.

feelthepain
11-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I think Miami i for real as far as a possible playoff team but if they beat NE this week and sweep them w/ NE playing pretty well lately coming off a big loss then I will really be impressed.

That makes two of us, but I've seen Miami play some really questionable football the last few weeks and if it weren't for some really bad teams we wouldn't be 6-4. I love that we've improved over last year, I'm just realistic about what we are. We need another off season of good drafting and FA gems to make us a team that wins against the better teams in the league regularly. I just think Dolphin fans are eating the cheese and it could get ugly.

HurriPhin
11-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I just think Dolphin fans are eating the cheese

I'm also drinking the Kool-Aid. Winning is delicious.

feelthepain
11-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm also drinking the Kool-Aid. Winning is delicious.

Yes it is, but there's nothing wrong with being cautious.