PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Western Ever

Yamaji
11-19-2008, 04:54 PM
What do you guys think is the best Western movie of all time?? From past to present, name your pick. I'm going to go ahead and say I believe the best western is the Outlaw Josey Wales with Clint Eastwood...

finfan75
11-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Back to the Future 3.

CedarPhin
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....though I have alot of favorite Westerns.

Dolphins7273
11-19-2008, 07:49 PM
City Slickers 2

cmax13
11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
the man who shot liberty valance is one of my favorites and i really like cat ballou.

Perfect23
11-19-2008, 09:24 PM
tombstone

Yamaji
11-19-2008, 10:03 PM
good picks...I like anything Clint Eastwood, and Tombstone is a great one as well

Arsenal WV
11-20-2008, 03:32 AM
Rio Lobo, an old John Wayne movie

FINdestructible
11-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Every spaghetti western Clint Eastwood ever made.
Tomstone
Unforgiven
Pale Rider

LouPhinFan
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Once Upon a Time in the West

spaghetti western by Sergio Leone staring a young Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, and the eternally smokin' hot Claudia Cardinale.

It has some of the greatest dialogue ever in a western.

Just a completely freakin' awesome revenge story.

SpaceMountain16
11-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Once Upon a Time in the West

spaghetti western by Sergio Leone staring a young Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, and the eternally smokin' hot Claudia Cardinale.

It has some of the greatest dialogue ever in a western.

Just a completely freakin' awesome revenge story.

Great pick,

I also love The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.....

But pretty much anything by Sergio Leone. Or anything starring Clint Eastwood (Hang Em High, Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More etc.)

Unforgiven is another Eastwood movie that is very good.

Tombstone, even though i hate Val Kilmer.

City Slickers :lol:

Then i've seen a lot of these John Wayne movies that i have no idea what they're called because A. I haven't seen them in a long time and B. Many of them have similar plots and sort of over lap. But he has a lot of great ones.

I really liked this one he did where he's like fighting with his wife and gets drunk and starts fighting his son in law, but i can't remember what it was called. If anyone knows tell me :foundout:

Lukin
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Great pick,

I also love The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.....

But pretty much anything by Sergio Leone. Or anything starring Clint Eastwood (Hang Em High, Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More etc.)

Unforgiven is another Eastwood movie that is very good.

Tombstone, even though i hate Val Kilmer.

City Slickers :lol:

Then i've seen a lot of these John Wayne movies that i have no idea what they're called because A. I haven't seen them in a long time and B. Many of them have similar plots and sort of over lap. But he has a lot of great ones.

I really liked this one he did where he's like fighting with his wife and gets drunk and starts fighting his son in law, but i can't remember what it was called. If anyone knows tell me :foundout:

How can you hate Kilmer after his performance in Tombstone?

fatkirstyalley
11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Unforgiven for me is the poop. Although Back to the future III was the most accurate depiction of the Old West

fatkirstyalley
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Back to the Future 3.
I almost peed myself when I saw your response..Nice! You forgot to mention one of my alltime favorite westerns.....The Cowboy Way

FINdestructible
11-21-2008, 12:59 PM

I'm your huckleberry....:wink:

SpaceMountain16
11-21-2008, 03:24 PM

Batman Forever
The Saint

two of my favorite characters ruined by his ****ty portrayals.

uga3406
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
1. tombstone
2. Open Ranger
3. Appaloosa
Bonus---Magnicent seven

SpaceMountain16
11-22-2008, 11:19 AM
1. tombstone
2. Open Ranger
3. Appaloosa
Bonus---Magnicent seven

Magnificent Seven is brilliant, i don't think i mentioned that on my list but i love it. Own it on DVD as well as The Good The Bad and the Ugly.

How is Appaloosa? That looked solid and i really want to see it.

aquaman54
11-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Wow...Good topic...I really like TombStone,Good/Bad/Ugly,Quick and the Dead,and Outlaw Josey Wales.

uga3406
11-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Magnificent Seven is brilliant, i don't think i mentioned that on my list but i love it. Own it on DVD as well as The Good The Bad and the Ugly.

How is Appaloosa? That looked solid and i really want to see it.

appaloosa was great 4 stars...great actors ed harris was superb...he directed too...the good,bad and ugly was another great 1..one of my fav clint eastwood westerns..i always see that on amc

Blackocrates
11-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Let's move this puppy to the movie forum. Got to keep it alive. :lol:

My list would include:
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Open Range
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Unforgiven
Tombstone
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Dances with Wolves
Lonesome Dove
The Missing
Last of the Dogmen
City Slickers

Yamaji
11-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow...Good topic...I really like TombStone,Good/Bad/Ugly,Quick and the Dead,and Outlaw Josey Wales.

Great list...best for me that I've seen so far. I forgot all about the quick and the dead...awsome movie. Magnificent Seven I just watched last month and it rocked...you can't beat Dukho(sp) from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly as a bandito.

Boone
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
A Fistful of Dollars

BobDole
11-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm your huckleberry....:wink:

'ike - maybe poker isn't your game. i know. why don't we have a spelling contest?'

seriously - how can you hate kilmer after that performance?

porter used that 'i'm your huckleberry' line the other day on pti. count it.

tombstone is my favorite western. hang em high was pretty great.

Blackocrates
11-27-2008, 08:08 PM
In between runs to the kitchen for some Thanksgiving seconds I was able to slowly watch two westerns today. I mean slowly because I had to pause and either eat or take a nap in between scenes. The movies I watched were High Noon and Once Upon a Time in the West.

After watching a lot of Sergio Leone's movies lately High Noon was kind of a let down. Don't get me wrong it was a decent movie and I enjoyed it, but it doesn't stand up to the spaghetti westerns.

Now Once Upon a Time in the West was great. It took me a while to get through because it's a lengthy movie and I had to take a few breaks but it was well worth it. Claudia Cardinale is absolutely stunning in this movie. She's the best looking wh*re I've ever seen in a movie. :lol: It's too bad Sergio didn't allow for a little more skin to be shown, although what he did was a perfect tease.

Blackocrates
11-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I know it doesn't fit into the movie category but does anybody like the show Kung Fu? It's the best western show I've ever seen. I'd put it up there with my favorite western movies as well. I'm glad they didn't give the lead role to Bruce Lee, as much as I like him he would have messed it up. David Carradine was great as Kwai Chang Caine.

#1 Fan
11-29-2008, 01:29 AM
young guns 2

ryanosaur2000
02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
I have to say that I love the Eastwood westerns. My favourite of the bunch has to be High Plains Drifter. It had that slight supernatural element to it which added a new dimension to the movie. The hellish (literally) ending is one of the greatest in all westerns..in my humble opinion.