PDA

View Full Version : Favorite current band?

Tetragrammaton
11-20-2008, 12:20 AM
We haven't had one music topic. Shame. What is your favorite band still out now?

Mine is the Mars Volta. I used to just like them until I saw them live. They are amazing live, and it helps you feel their recorded music better.

CedarPhin
11-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Music nowadays sucks.

My favorite band is Led Zeppelin though.

ih8brady
11-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Favorite current band? The Sounds. They're a Swedish rock band. I really like their style, reminds me of the late 70's early 80's rock.

JTBRLZ
11-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Hootie, Third Eye Blind a close second.

Dolphins7273
11-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Foghat.

d-day
11-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Foghat.

Your post is about as fresh as a Foghat concert.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/11/vanessa_angel_1-1.jpg

Dolphins7273
11-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Your post is about as fresh as a Foghat concert.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/11/vanessa_angel_1-1.jpg

Yeah, and you're as fresh as the people that used the word "fresh" back in 1990. :D

Locke
11-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Silverstein
The Spill Canvas
Bayside
City and Colour (Dallas Green's solo project)
Carissa's Wierd

Those would probably be my top bands at the moment. It changes almost daily for me though.

Bands I listen to regularly would be

Alexisonfire
Matchbook Romance (older stuff, new album is ****)
Between Home and Serenity
Senses Fail
Day to Remember
The Early November
Blinded Black
Greeley Estates
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab for Cutie
Mayday Parade
Halifax
Funeral For a Friend
Pierce The Veil
Hidden In Plain View
I Am Ghost
Lucero
Iron & Wine
Lovehatehero

Way too much other stuff that I graze over occasionally. I have somewhere near 20 days of music on my PC....

Dolpfan_72
11-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Silverstein
The Spill Canvas
Bayside
Carissa's Wierd

Those would probably be my top bands at the moment. It changes almost daily for me though.

Alexisonfire
Senses Fail
Day to Remember
The Early November
Blinded Black
Greeley Estates
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab for Cutie
Mayday Parade
Halifax
Funeral For a Friend
Pierce The Veil
Hidden In Plain View
I Am Ghost
Lucero
Iron & Wine
Lovehatehero

Way too much other stuff that I graze over occasionally. I have somewhere near 20 days of music on my PC....

Emo rock?

Locke
11-20-2008, 04:44 AM
Emo rock?

My preference tends to lean towards emo/screamo, but I have quite a bit of other music I listen to as well...

tylerdolphin
11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Avenged Sevenfold, Shinedown and Guns N Roses probably get listened to the most on my Ipod

JTBRLZ
11-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Silverstein
The Spill Canvas
Bayside
Carissa's Wierd

Alexisonfire
Senses Fail
Day to Remember
The Early November
Blinded Black
Greeley Estates
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab for Cutie
Mayday Parade
Halifax
Funeral For a Friend
Pierce The Veil
Hidden In Plain View
I Am Ghost
Lucero
Iron & Wine
Lovehatehero

Love these two, especially Mayday Parade.

LouPhinFan
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I just picked up OAR's CD All Sides. Not too bad...

emeraldfin
11-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Tokyo Police Club.

emeraldfin
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Silverstein
The Spill Canvas
Bayside
Carissa's Wierd

Alexisonfire
Senses Fail
Day to Remember
The Early November
Blinded Black
Greeley Estates
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab for Cutie
Mayday Parade
Halifax
Funeral For a Friend
Pierce The Veil
Hidden In Plain View
I Am Ghost
Lucero
Iron & Wine
Lovehatehero

Amazed I dont see Fall out Boy or My Chemical Romance on that list

Locke
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Amazed I dont see Fall out Boy or My Chemical Romance on that list

Fall Out Boy was actually really good until they became well-known. Now its nothing but verbal diarrhea. My Chemical Romance's first few albums weren't bad either. They also became crap once all these hot-topic emo kids got ahold of it...

CedarPhin
11-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Molotov

fatkirstyalley
11-20-2008, 01:53 PM
The Monkees

SpaceMountain16
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Foghat.

Foghat's still around?

I'm a Stones guy, Led Zep, The Who, Clapton.

Not really into current music.

Yamaji
11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Without a doubt Red Hot Chili Peppers

Clipse
11-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't listen to current music. All old school here :hi5:

Perfect23
11-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Silverstein
The Spill Canvas
Bayside
Carissa's Wierd

Alexisonfire
Senses Fail
Day to Remember
The Early November
Blinded Black
Greeley Estates
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab for Cutie
Mayday Parade
Halifax
Funeral For a Friend
Pierce The Veil
Hidden In Plain View
I Am Ghost
Lucero
Iron & Wine
Lovehatehero

:limp:

Perfect23
11-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Staind

SpaceMountain16
11-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Without a doubt Red Hot Chili Peppers

I actually don't mind them, and i do like Oasis too. There are some currently active bands (under the age of 50) who i like, but most of the stuff i like was big in the 70's and 80's :lol:

LouPhinFan
11-20-2008, 11:31 PM
I know they're not technically a band, but I'm traveling up to Chicago tomorrow to hear the Chicago Symphony Orchestra play Mahler's Second Symphony.

X-Pacolypse
11-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Not much into new music. Mostly stuck the 90's listening to Grunge/Alternative.

- Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

ih8brady
11-21-2008, 01:09 AM
I actually don't mind them, and i do like Oasis too. There are some currently active bands (under the age of 50) who i like, but most of the stuff i like was big in the 70's and 80's :lol:

I'm the same way. My all time favorites are Pink Floyd and The Doors, neither of whom are around any more (in their entirety).

Locke
11-21-2008, 04:26 AM
:limp:

Very mature response kid. Nothing proves how much of a man you are like poking fun at other people's taste eh..?

emeraldfin
11-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Not much into new music. Mostly stuck the 90's listening to Grunge/Alternative.

- Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

Pumpkins are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Good choice :up:

emeraldfin
11-21-2008, 05:37 AM
Would agree rock music is pretty weak at the moment but there is one or two that I think are pretty good like The Kings of Leon and Bloc Party

deephin
11-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Would agree rock music is pretty weak at the moment but there is one or two that I think are pretty good like The Kings of Leon and Bloc Party

kings of leon are really gud, but wud have to say my favourites are:
tokyo police club
Bloc Party
Killers
Subways

Perfect23
11-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Very mature response kid. Nothing proves how much of a man you are like poking fun at other people's taste eh..?

I was just kidding I like that song when soul meets body come on were all pals on here:hi5:

Perfect23
11-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Bon Iver, O.A.R., Dave Matthews Band, Lifehouse to name a few but other then that I like alot of classic rock.

Locke
11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
I was just kidding I like that song when soul meets body come on were all pals on here:hi5:

I misinterpreted the joke then, my apologies..

d-day
11-26-2008, 03:30 AM
Right now for me it's Betty Davis. Betty used to hang with Sly Stone and Hendrix and eventually introduced them to her husband, that late great Miles Davis. In other words, she helped Miles get into a sound that helped shaped ******* Brew. In 1973, she took what was prolly the best rhythm section ever, Larry Graham and Gregg Errico, from Sly Stones band and put 3 records out. If you like early pure raw funk, you need her in your collection.

samples...

http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Davis/dp/B000NQR7HA

BobDole
11-29-2008, 04:11 AM
also more a fan of older music but as far as current stuff goes i like black crowes, social distortion, dropkick murphys, flogging molly, the chili peppers, kenny wayne shephard, the refreshments, the beta band, and citizen cope. not positive if the refereshments or the beta band are still around because i haven't heard anything from either in a while.

but i typically listen to older stuff like the band, dylan, allman brothers, gnr, bob seger, van morrison, johnny cash, lou reed - something along those lines at least.

X-Pacolypse
11-30-2008, 12:51 AM
also more a fan of older music but as far as current stuff goes i like black crowes, social distortion, dropkick murphys, flogging molly, the chili peppers, kenny wayne shephard, the refreshments, the beta band, and citizen cope. not positive if the refereshments or the beta band are still around because i haven't heard anything from either in a while.

but i typically listen to older stuff like the band, dylan, allman brothers, gnr, bob seger, van morrison, johnny cash, lou reed - something along those lines at least.

I saw those two bands live in concert back in 2003. They absolutely rock!

BobDole
11-30-2008, 12:30 PM
I saw those two bands live in concert back in 2003. They absolutely rock!

word. i have seen dropkick murphys - which was intense - but i've missed flogging molly the few times they've been down. i'm sure they were great live.

Locke
12-01-2008, 02:34 AM
word. i have seen dropkick murphys - which was intense - but i've missed flogging molly the few times they've been down. i'm sure they were great live.

Dropkick Murphy's played a show on St. Patrick's day here last here. Was the wildest sh*t I've seen in my life..

BobDole
12-01-2008, 04:04 AM
Dropkick Murphy's played a show on St. Patrick's day here last here. Was the wildest sh*t I've seen in my life..

their shows are more extreme than a mountain dew commercial. :lol:
my clothes were tattered rags and i was missing a shoe after that concert. good times.

Locke
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
their shows are more extreme than a mountain dew commercial. :lol:
my clothes were tattered rags and i was missing a shoe after that concert. good times.

:lol:

1 dol fan
12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I like the dropkick murhpys a lot but That is all i care to respond to at the moment because of an immense tiredness that comes from trolling around this site for the past 2 hours.

good times and good way to waste a satruday that is above freezing! (41 degrees in downtown la corsse at 2 pm today! woot!

Will be a high of 8 tomorrow...