PDA

View Full Version : Which team is better, Jets or Dolphins?

Jets OWN Miami
11-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Poll coming.

NY Finatic
11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
how can you possibly think this will come out anywhere close to even on this board?

Jets OWN Miami
11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
how can you possibly think this will come out anywhere close to even on this board?

I thought the majority of posters weren't homers? If people are being honest, the Jets will come out on top in a landslide, so we'll see.

PhinsPhan122
11-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Right now? Jets. They have proven more. That can all change in a matter of days though.

rickyfan85
11-21-2008, 12:22 PM
I thought the majority of posters weren't homers? If people are being honest, the Jets will come out on top in a landslide, so we'll see.

No my friend, the majority of posters ARE homers.

Jets OWN Miami
11-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Right now? Jets.

Thanks for your honesty.

FINdestructible
11-21-2008, 12:24 PM

Why would it be a landslide? The Jets, rather Favre, pulled that win out of his *** against us, & even then we had a chance to win the game in the end. The Jets have lost to NE, SD & OAK, we beat all of them. I'm not saying the Dolphins are better, but how in the world can you say a landslide? I think both teams are pretty damn even, imo.

Jets OWN Miami
11-21-2008, 12:25 PM
5-2, seriously? See **** like this is why we will always hate you.

SeasonsMusic
11-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Jets, right now.

JimToss
11-21-2008, 12:30 PM

I think your being just a bit hypocritic.
Maybe it wouldn't be such a "landslide" if you weren't a homer?

Honestly right now I think the Jets are a better team. However, I am not really sold on them being an elite team either. I do think it is close call.
We have to both be honest that our whole division is profiting from a pretty weak schedule.
Now I want to hear the whole AFC East saying thanks for the schedule, due to our 1-15 year last year:boohoo:

You have my opinion, but I refuse to vote and click on the Jets in the poll, it would make me feel dirty.

Lets keep this civil from both ends. All he did was ask a honest question.

X-Pacolypse
11-21-2008, 12:31 PM
5-2, seriously? See **** like this is why we will always hate you.

Trust me, the feeling will always be mutual.

Jets OWN Miami
11-21-2008, 12:32 PM
the Jets are a better team.

Great, concise post, I completely agree and thank you for the honesty.

DLineman72
11-21-2008, 12:35 PM
With Favre Jets>Phins..... Without Favre Jets<Phins......period.

Jets OWN Miami
11-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Jets>Phins

Agreed :thumbup:

FINdestructible
11-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Lets keep this civil from both ends. All he did was ask a honest question.

He just became a member two days ago, his username is Jets Own Miami, he's asking who is a better team on a Dolphin forum. An "honest" question? Please, this is trolling at it's best.

Clipse
11-21-2008, 12:40 PM
What is up with all the trolls lately?

Go hop out your mothers basement and find a job or something.

And of course, my pick is the Dolphins, I will never say the Jests are better, **** the Jests...

phinatic913
11-21-2008, 12:40 PM
we will see in two weeks, but for right now probably the jets just because their running game is coming too. But they have not really been tested so with back to back rought games against titans and at Broncos we will see where they are at. But who cares right now all that matters is week 17

phinatic913
11-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Also with ALL THE MONEY the jets paid to vets who might have 2 more years left they better make the playoffs this year and the superbowl or else their whole organization is going to be circling the sink hole for the next 5 years

satz
11-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Jets are over the cap by 20 million next year .

PAT13
11-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Great, concise post, I completely agree and thank you for the honesty.

Right now, I say the Jets have a slim edge over us. But after all the millions you spend and with getting the super larger than life Brett the Jet, you guys have 1 more win that a team that went 1-15. So you must be really thrilled!!!

Nublar7
11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
The Jets are SLIGHTLY better than the Dolphins at this point. As they should be since they signed a lot of "name" players during the offseason.

I will say that the Jets are built more for now than for the long term. They have a lot of good players, but they are older players. The Dolphins are setting themselves up to be good for quite a few years. Mangini and co are setting up to win this season. This is extactly what Wannstedt did with the Dolphins. Sure you get some good years and even trips to the playoffs, but it eventually falls apart, just like it did for the Dolphins. I think the Jets will be good a year or two, not great, but this team will implode very soon. Favre is no spring chicken. lol.

Fish-Head
11-21-2008, 12:48 PM

Wow, don't even entertain this... A blatant and ridiculous effort to get Phin fans to vote against their team... :shakeno:

Sofa_King_Drunk
11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for throwing Chad out with the garbage. Get back to us when Favre decides to pull his offseason retirement routine and you've got ZERO answer at QB going forward. Worst cap situation in the league, you better hope to baby jeebus you win it all this year because there will be some major casualties next year on your roster. Your squad will fail to rent a title this year, and I can't wait to see Favre pick up the interception pace again. You know he will, it's in your head just like it's in his head. He just can't help it, and I will be shocked if he doesn't throw at least three picks this weekend.

Nublar7
11-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks for throwing Chad out with the garbage. Get back to us when Favre decides to pull his offseason retirement routine and you've got ZERO answer at QB going forward. Worst cap situation in the league, you better hope to baby jeebus you win it all this year because there will be some major casualties next year on your roster. Your squad will fail to rent a title this year, and I can't wait to see Favre pick up the interception pace again. You know he will, it's in your head just like it's in his head. He just can't help it, and I will be shocked if he doesn't throw at least three picks this weekend.Favre retirement talk will likely dominate the Jets offseason. The other big topic will be if they swing and miss again on their first round draft pick like they did last year with Gholsten.

WVDolphan
11-21-2008, 01:41 PM

A landslide? Yea right. Because you guys beat us so convincingly when we played. :rolleyes:

A lucky play on 4th and long, when youre kicker was injured, which in turn may have benefitted you since you wound up getting a TD there. Couple that with our boneheaded "star"(at least if you ask people on here), running back that cost us a crucial TO late in the game and you won by the skin of your teeth.

And your record just happens to be 1 game better(Only right now. We will have the same record around 4:30pm on Sunday) and you think the Jets are just so clearly better than the phins???? Get real.

feelthepain
11-21-2008, 02:34 PM

So if we say Miami, we're homers. But if you say the Jets by a landslide that doesn't make you a homer?:rolleyes2:

Remember the sign that was posted on the Mnday nijght game by 4 Jet fans, that spelled "Jest"? I'll let you figure out where I'm going with that question.

BTW, this belongs in the depths, cause the only answer you want to read is that the Jets are better and if you don't you get that answer, you get all pissy.

Jets OWN Miami
11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
So if we say Miami, we're homers. But if you say the Jets by a landslide that doesn't make you a homer?:rolleyes2:

Remember the sign that was posted on the Mnday nijght game by 4 Jet fans, that spelled "Jest"? I'll let you figure out where I'm going with that question.

BTW, this belongs in the depths, cause the only answer you want to read is that the Jets are better and if you don't you get that answer, you get all pissy.

Saying the Jets doesn't make me a homer or anybody else wrong, it is the fact. The Jets are a 1st place team, have a better record, and are 1-0 head-to-head, yet this board is going 75% Dolphins. There is so much homer here that this might as well be an episode of The Simpsons :rolleyes:.

kilgore Trout
11-21-2008, 02:46 PM
This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen in this forum and there is a lot of competition (including some of my own.)

Could some kind Fin Fan please use this:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Thank You!

feelthepain
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Saying the Jets doesn't make me a homer or anybody else wrong, it is the fact. The Jets are a 1st place team, have a better record, and are 1-0 head-to-head, yet this board is going 75% Dolphins. There is so much homer here that this might as well be an episode of The Simpsons :rolleyes:.

Uh huh, howd all that help the Pats in the SB last year over the Giants?? You seem to think 7-3 is light years better than 6-4, you also talk as if the Jets are coming off a 12-4 AFC Championship winnig season. You act like Miami has no offense or defense, they're simply lucky to be 6-4. Why don't you give it a rest.

I think it's more than fair that Dolphin fans believe Miami is Better than NY if they want to, cuase there isn't a huge difference between the two teams. And you know what else? I don't thiunk either team will win a SB this year, so seriously, whats the point of this thread? Just so you can act all shocked and offended that we feel the same about our team that you feel about yours? Kinda dumb to start a thread asking a dumb question to begin with.

obxsnowboarderp
11-21-2008, 03:12 PM
I believe the Jets are the better team when they put everything on the table. They have been underachieving all year.

They have one of the best secondary in the league.

But, dolphins are just playing the best they possibly can they are out to prove everything.

FINdestructible
11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen in this forum and there is a lot of competition (including some of my own.)

Could some kind Fin Fan please use this:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Thank You!

Damn, who's *** is that on your avatar?? :up:

BleedinGreenNC
11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Gee, we are on a Fins website, i wonder who is going to win?

djfresh47
11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
What is up with all the trolls lately?

Go hop out your mothers basement and find a job or something.

And of course, my pick is the Dolphins, I will never say the Jests are better, **** the Jests...

Unfortunately the economy is bad for them and this board.

The Jets are 1 game up and it should be a landslide? They're on a roll but so are the Dolphins. Last year the Cowboys were a far superior team than the Giants until the playoffs.

The Jets have a better record so as of now they're the better team.

houtz
11-21-2008, 07:54 PM

Here's a few other "facts"

It's a FACT that Miami is playing a lot better football.

It's a FACT that Miami has beaten three of the teams that the Jets have lost to.

It's a FACT that you're most likely fagel.

Jetsfan0099
11-21-2008, 10:03 PM
The Jets are SLIGHTLY better than the Dolphins at this point. As they should be since they signed a lot of "name" players during the offseason.

I will say that the Jets are built more for now than for the long term. They have a lot of good players, but they are older players. The Dolphins are setting themselves up to be good for quite a few years. Mangini and co are setting up to win this season. This is extactly what Wannstedt did with the Dolphins. Sure you get some good years and even trips to the playoffs, but it eventually falls apart, just like it did for the Dolphins. I think the Jets will be good a year or two, not great, but this team will implode very soon. Favre is no spring chicken. lol.
Your WRONG. Jets good players are all old????? D'Brickashaw Ferguson=24 Nick Mangold=24 David Harris=24 Calvin Pace=27 Darrelle Revis=23 Kerry Rhodes=26 Jerricho Cotchery=26 Dustin Keller=23 Leon Washington=26 Dwight Lowery=22

You don't honestly think the Jets are only going to be good for this year then they will be garbage because of a few old guys? The difference between Mangini and Wannstedt is Mangini drafts EXTREMELY WELL. Vernon Gholston is looking like the first miss in a Mangini/Tannenbaum draft. The Jets are trying to compete every year, they used what they could to get a good team together. They will find replacements. I hope the Jets stick it out with Mangini, sure at times he makes dumb coaching moves. But he is a bright young coach, he can be here for a long time. I see him being a successful coach in the NFL. Him and Tannenbaum work well together.
QB is really our biggest question mark going in the future. Faneca is 31 he has a good 3-4 years left. Damien Woody is 30, I see him having another 3-4 years left. Kris Jenkins is 29, I see him having a good 5 years left. Ty Law is only a patch up for this season. Basically Brett is the only question, I think he'll be back next season. Hopefully one of the QBs we are grooming pan out.

I like the direction the Dolphins are heading, I think our division as a whole will be very competitive. Really the only team heading downward is the Patriots, every other team is improving.

djfresh47
11-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Your WRONG. Jets good players are all old????? D'Brickashaw Ferguson=24 Nick Mangold=24 David Harris=24 Calvin Pace=27 Darrelle Revis=23 Kerry Rhodes=26 Jerricho Cotchery=26 Dustin Keller=23 Leon Washington=26 Dwight Lowery=22

You don't honestly think the Jets are only going to be good for this year then they will be garbage because of a few old guys? The difference between Mangini and Wannstedt is Mangini drafts EXTREMELY WELL. Vernon Gholston is looking like the first miss in a Mangini/Tannenbaum draft. The Jets are trying to compete every year, they used what they could to get a good team together. They will find replacements. I hope the Jets stick it out with Mangini, sure at times he makes dumb coaching moves. But he is a bright young coach, he can be here for a long time. I see him being a successful coach in the NFL. Him and Tannenbaum work well together.
QB is really our biggest question mark going in the future. Faneca is 31 he has a good 3-4 years left. Damien Woody is 30, I see him having another 3-4 years left. Kris Jenkins is 29, I see him having a good 5 years left. Ty Law is only a patch up for this season. Basically Brett is the only question, I think he'll be back next season. Hopefully one of the QBs we are grooming pan out.

I like the direction the Dolphins are heading, I think our division as a whole will be very competitive. Really the only team heading downward is the Patriots, every other team is improving.

It's strange how it's an every other year thing for the Jets. They look like absolute garbage one year. The next year they're a playoff team. Qb is the biggest question mark for the Jets going forward. Even if Brett comesback next year they still have to get a guy in place. Right now I don't think they've got that guy on the roster.

Gholston was raw and a project coming out. It's way too early to call him a hit or a miss.

feelthepain
11-21-2008, 11:14 PM

You are aware the Pats best player, probably the best player in the league is injured and out for the season don't you? I don't think the Pats are going in the wrong direction. They were one win away from a perfect season last year and this year are winning without a superstar runingback or their best player. If anything, the Bills are the worst team in the division and that's more because of coaching, FO and ownership then youth and talent.

djfresh47
11-22-2008, 01:03 AM
You are aware the Pats best player, probably the best player in the league is injured and out for the season don't you? I don't think the Pats are going in the wrong direction. They were one win away from a perfect season last year and this year are winning without a superstar runingback or their best player. If anything, the Bills are the worst team in the division and that's more because of coaching, FO and ownership then youth and talent.

New England is one of if not the best run franchise in pro sports. I look at Detroit in hockey, San Antonio in basketball, baseball is different because of teams with greedy owners. If anything compared to other sports teams can turn it around in the NFL quickly. The last two seasons with Miami I think it boils down to the culture around the team. Saban is lying and about to leave and Cam is imcompentent. Now I think they've got people who've won and a QB who many people on this board hated changing the team. I'm not a Pennington fan but it seems with him and the arrival of Parcells the team has an attitude.

When Parcells was hired I told a friend that Henne was a Parcells guy. He's yet to do anything in the pros. Though I think a strong armed guy whose played in bad weather will help him out within the division. He was the 3rd Qb that I wanted. Though the one we got. You've seen me post that i've liked what the Bills have done. Edwards has potential but i'm wondering if he has the arm to play in Buffalo.

#1dolphinsfan
11-22-2008, 02:03 AM
until we beat them they are a better team

Jetsfan89
11-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Well this discussion is over for the time being. Lets go Jets.

Deep2Evans
11-24-2008, 02:25 AM
LOL @ the results of this poll. What a joke.

Jetsfan89
11-24-2008, 02:46 AM
It's strange how it's an every other year thing for the Jets. They look like absolute garbage one year. The next year they're a playoff team. Qb is the biggest question mark for the Jets going forward. Even if Brett comesback next year they still have to get a guy in place. Right now I don't think they've got that guy on the roster.

Gholston was raw and a project coming out. It's way too early to call him a hit or a miss.

Yeah it has been every other year for the Jets. Whats it been for you?

And one of the biggest reasons it was every other year with the Jets was because Chad Pennington was not able to stay healthy. He missed half of 03 and all of 05 and got benched in 07.

nyjunc
11-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Yeah it has been every other year for the Jets. Whats it been for you?

And one of the biggest reasons it was every other year with the Jets was because Chad Pennington was not able to stay healthy. He missed half of 03 and all of 05 and got benched in 07.

He wasn't talking trash, he was proviging a fact. We have been an every other year team since 2002.

BleedinGreenNC
11-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Homerism at its best in this thread!!!:sidelol:

FINdestructible
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Well this discussion is over for the time being. Lets go Jets.

Why are you even here? Seriously what is the point of you being here. Are you so insecure that you need to come to a rival teams fan website to feel good about yourself &/or your team?

Shoo, go away!

Jetsfan89
11-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Why are you even here? Seriously what is the point of you being here. Are you so insecure that you need to come to a rival teams fan website to feel good about yourself &/or your team?

Shoo, go away!

Stop being so sensitive. Its an internet message board. This is a thread for AFC East teams. I'm not doing anything wrong by being here. Theres a ton of Dolphin fans at Jet fans websites. There is nothing wrong with it. It's sports. Arguing and disagreeing is what makes it fun.

BleedinGreenNC
11-24-2008, 11:50 AM

Shoo, go away!

Isnt this the Beasts of the East section of the forum?? Doesnt that mean all teams in the AFC East?? :boohoo:

arsenal
11-24-2008, 11:57 AM
LOL @ the results of this poll. What a joke.

i know, how could 13 people actually choose the Jets?

Finch83
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
It is rather funny seeing all these Jest fans coming over here(usually after they win a game) and expecting us to be fawning over their team haha.

I do think the Jest are a GREAT team this year. Lets see if they can get it done in Jan.

petefins
11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Jets will crumble soon enough. They beat the titans. Great job.. Let's see how they finish the season.

Jetsfan89
11-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Jets will crumble soon enough. They beat the titans. Great job.. Let's see how they finish the season.

Maybe they will and maybe they wont.

SpurzN703
11-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Gee, we are on a Fins website, i wonder who is going to win?

Does it really matter who wins? It's a poll designed by a troll who's in here to talk **** all day

SpurzN703
11-25-2008, 11:57 AM

It must be nice to have the capability of coming to this site with the only intention on getting on everyone's nerves b/c "your" team is having a good year.

Let's see where you'll be when the Jets are having a tough season.

BleedinGreenNC
11-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Does it really matter who wins? It's a poll designed by a troll who's in here to talk **** all day

You are correct! I knew i like you!:up:

SpurzN703
11-28-2008, 01:02 PM
You are correct! I knew i like you!:up:

Well clearly the Jets are the better team right now, anyone denying that has a problem with admitting the truth. Who cares though? Some teams will be better then other teams, that's just how it is.

But to create a poll about it when you know what the true answer is, that's immature and kind of pointless.

It's like a pimp calling himself a pimp. We know you're a pimp, there's no need to walk around town proclaiming like we're idiots

Smex
12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Hmm. Two and half weeks later and where all tied. I bet that Homer (Jets Own Miami) never comes back to this site. At least until the Jets do something good again. :lol:

rainmaker1313
12-08-2008, 05:51 AM

A landslide???? Hmmmm, welll .....Umm??????..........:m359:

nyjunc
12-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Hmm. Two and half weeks later and where all tied. I bet that Homer (Jets Own Miami) never comes back to this site. At least until the Jets do something good again. :lol:

The guy who has 47 posts since August is calling out another fan?

Smex
12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
So posts count = how much of a fan someone is now? Must be Jest Logic or something. :lol:

SpurzN703
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Using that logic, I'm calling you out.

:tongue:

nyjunc
12-08-2008, 02:36 PM
So posts count = how much of a fan someone is now? Must be Jest Logic or something. :lol:

No but obviously you haven't posted much, were you posting when the dolphins were struggling? were you posting when the Jets had a 2 game lead? Now you come out of hiding when you tie us.

Smex
12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
No but obviously you haven't posted much, were you posting when the dolphins were struggling? were you posting when the Jets had a 2 game lead? Now you come out of hiding when you tie us.
Obviously I just didn't post much period. Doesn't make me ''less'' of a fan. Why didn't you say "Did you post much when Miami Dolphins went on a 4 game win streak"? Just because I won't post on everything you want to single me out for it?

Why don't you single out your Jets Friend for making an account and this thread right after you beat the un-defeated Titans (just to shove it in out face), but not coming back here since you guys dropped 2 straight. Is that the person your trying to defend? Really?

Finch83
12-09-2008, 12:31 PM

You're not gonna cry are you???:lol:

X-Pacolypse
12-09-2008, 06:41 PM
The Jets suck.

nyjunc
12-09-2008, 06:43 PM
You're not gonna cry are you???:lol:

Yes I am going to cry. :boohoo:

Finch83
12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Haha just jokin with ya nyjunc. You know you are always welcomed here...even though you are a Jest fan.