PDA

View Full Version : Let's see Ronnie Brown on Madden 2010 cover!

ADavieDolphin
11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
It'd be interesting to see the wildcat in a video game, and EA:madden would be the first to try it. That could be their new wrinkle they add to each edition of madden..

Ronnie Brown on the cover... !!!
I can't confirm this, I'm just creating a rumor, hopefully it will get enough buzz to actually happen..

Tell your friends he's gonna be on it... Even if it's not true, Madden will cave into the pressure and demand for the Wildcat

X-Pacolypse
11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't want Ronnie on the cover! You crazy?

239phinatic
11-21-2008, 08:00 PM
ya dude are you nuts, brett favre hasn't completed the season yet.

Predaphin
11-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Say NO! to Ronnie Brown on the cover.......you can call it a career if he gets on the cover.

IronChef
11-21-2008, 08:03 PM
If Farve makes it through the season unscathed then I say YES!!!

rickyfan85
11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
It'd be interesting to see the wildcat in a video game, and EA:madden would be the first to try it. That could be their new wrinkle they add to each edition of madden..

I can't confirm this, I'm just creating a rumor, hopefully it will get enough buzz to actually happen..

Tell your friends he's gonna be on it... Even if it's not true, Madden will cave into the pressure and demand for the Wildcat

You know about the Madden-cover curse right?

phinfan33
11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Say NO! to Ronnie Brown on the cover.......you can call it a career if he gets on the cover.
yeah exactly..it seems like everybody who gets on the cover of that ends up ****ting the can afterwards...Hell No i don't want Ronnie on the cover...

WelcomeBack
11-21-2008, 08:09 PM
If the wildcat is put in, put McFadden on the cover. Much better than the curse hitting Brown.

bucket656
11-21-2008, 08:24 PM
If the wildcat is put in, put McFadden on the cover. Much better than the curse hitting Brown.

yeah but McFadden blows

dolfin530
11-21-2008, 08:44 PM
**ck that curse, put ronnie on the cover, he will have a huge year next year just watch.:woot:

ADavieDolphin
11-21-2008, 09:06 PM
yeah, i dont believe in a curse. Superstitions are for *******.

You think there was a Babe Ruth curse on the BoSox?
Billy Goat curse on the Cubs?

madden curse is nothing to worry about, it's supposed to be an honor, but all of you think its a curse....

Jdub561
11-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Please god no

JimToss
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Madden Curse
2002 Culpepper. Worthless ever since but there is a case that he was always worthless just had Randy Moss
2003 Marshall Faulk. Ankle Injury
2004: Mike Vick. Curse made him fight dogs. Currently out of in the NFL living in a nicer cell in prison then our houses.
2005: Ray Lewis: Tore a hammy
2006: McNabb: Has yet to complete a season since.
2007: Shaun Alexander. Hahaha
2008: Vince Young. Currently on suicide watch. I would say suicide is the worse madden curse yet!
2009: Brett Favre. No longer with the team is on the cover for. Member of the Jets. Possibly a worse fate then Vince's suicide.

Please no Ronnie on the cover. He'll get traded to the Pats and commit suicide by Pit Bull.

CitizenSnips
11-21-2008, 09:43 PM
The madden cover for 2010 is going to be auctioned off for charity (at least, thats the rumor. And I personally think it'd be a great idea)

The player who offers the most money to EA, who will then donate said money to a charity, will be on the cover.

Huscroft6
11-21-2008, 10:00 PM
This forum should have a basement for these type of threads, just waste space

lunchbox1126
11-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Either way can someone please photoshop a cover?!!??! I think it would be badass!

#1dolphinsfan
11-21-2008, 10:05 PM
We dont want that

btk1
11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
If Farve makes it through the season unscathed then I say YES!!!

Farve's toughness is greater than any stupid Madden jinx.

ADavieDolphin
11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
you're all so hung up on the curse
ronnie be fine

finnyfan4life
11-21-2008, 10:35 PM
SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about you also start some rumors about the Fins winning the Super Bowl, maybe that will come true too.

juamex
11-21-2008, 10:41 PM

Adaviedolphin Is this why you post? so we can thank you for **it like this? this is exaclty why some people should not be allowed to post. Yes I dont post but trust me I look at this site a couple of times a week and enjoy for the most part the posts.

X-Pacolypse
11-21-2008, 10:46 PM
you're all so hung up on the curse

With good reason.

2002 Culpepper. Worthless ever since but there is a case that he was always worthless just had Randy Moss

2004: Mike Vick. Curse made him fight dogs. Currently out of in the NFL living in a nicer cell in prison then our houses.

2008: Vince Young. Currently on suicide watch. I would say suicide is the worse madden curse yet!

2009: Brett Favre. No longer with the team is on the cover for. Member of the Jets. Possibly a worse fate then Vince's suicide

houtz
11-21-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't want Ronnie on the cover but I can promise the Wildcat will be one of the new "features" for Madden 2010.

I also heard about the whole auction thing.

PyroDOLFAN
11-22-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't want Ronnie on the cover, bad things always happen to the cover man.

Brett Farve has not had that oppurtunity yet, week 17 will be the week he regrets coming to the Jets :)

MarinoForPres
11-22-2008, 12:58 AM
i know about the madden curse but i have a speculation on why brett favre has not been hurt yet. considering he actually was retired when he got on the cover than i think it has something to do with that like it made something in the universe collapse and the curse couldnt effect him i dont know but he might still get hurt they are playing against albert haynesworth this week!

MarinoForPres
11-22-2008, 01:00 AM
also an idea maybe he has already had so many things bad happen to him that the curse slipped him by but i dont know but i guess we find out soon enough.

dolpns13
11-22-2008, 01:26 AM

that would be one of the worst things to happen to this franchise.... god i hope to god he isnt selected to be on the cover.

CitizenSnips
11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Not that anyone paid any attention to me the first time, but again, EA is probably going to auction off the cover to the highest bidding athlete.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/28/madden-2010-cover-could-be-auctioned-for-charity/

Pacman Jones on the cover of Madden NFL 2010? It could happen ... if "Adam" makes it rain on United Way. EA Sports head coach Peter Moore has been pitching the idea of a cover athlete auction to the Madden marketing team, reports Bloomberg.com (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=aKWAfG75zDcI&refer=amsports). The decision won't be made "anytime soon," according to Moore, but the proposal suggests offering up the Madden (http://www.joystiq.com/tag/madden) curse, er, cover to the highest bidding NFL player. All proceeds would go to United Way, the NFL's charity partner. "Our research tells us we don't see a huge up-tick or down-tick depending on who's on the cover -- they're buying Madden," says Moore.

ChrisJNelson
11-22-2008, 02:35 AM
People that believe in the Madden curse: stupid.

Spiff
11-22-2008, 03:09 AM
Madden Curse
2009: Brett Favre. No longer with the team is on the cover for. Member of the Jets. Possibly a worse fate then Vince's suicide.

Please no Ronnie on the cover. He'll get traded to the Pats and commit suicide by Pit Bull.

I think there were three more, right? But it's tough to remember.
1999: Garisson Hearst?
2000: Some Packer RB, maybe Levens?
2001: Eddie George

What happened to them?

JCane
11-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Madden Curse

What?

The Madden "curse" didn't cause Mike Vick to fight dogs. He was doing that prior to being on the cover. He broke his leg in a preseason game the year he appeared on the cover.

Ray Lewis largely avoided the curse altogether. His numbers were slightly down from the season pre-Madden "curse" but Ray Lewis never tore a hamstring the season he appeared on the cover of the game.

Vince Young's suicide watch was a rumor. False-alarm. If you ask me, he avoided the curse as well because he has never put up eye-popping numbers. He completed 62% of passes that season.

Brett Favre is having a pretty good season, too.

For the record, I don't buy the Madden curse. Tomlinson was asked to be on the cover and he declined. The following year his numbers were down. It's a video game cover. Big whoop.

petefins
11-22-2008, 01:44 PM
y

You think there was a Babe Ruth curse on the BoSox?
Billy Goat curse on the Cubs?

Newsflash. Those curses were/are real...

ChrisJNelson
11-22-2008, 01:56 PM
When is everyone going to grow up and stop talking about curses? Believing in curses is like believing in goblins or Santa Claus. Believing in a curse means you believe there to be a mythical force controlling things. Everyone just grow up and stop talking about retarded curses.

X-Pacolypse
11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
When is everyone going to grow up and stop talking about curses? Believing in curses is like believing in goblins or Santa Claus. Believing in a curse means you believe there to be a mythical force controlling things. Everyone just grow up and stop talking about retarded curses.

Are you trying to tell me that Santa Claus isn't real?

Dolphins3
11-22-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't believe in curses, jinxes, etc. bad luck and coincidences happen. That said, put Tom Brady on the cover of Madden 2010.

BTW, you technically can run something similar to the wildcat on Madden. Under the special team menu, there is a direct snap to the running back option. However, it is in a punt formation. Your best bet is to find a team that has a running back pass option play and use their playbook. I do not know which teams have this (I do know it is aplay that can be selected for a custom playbook, though so I figure there is at least some team that uses it. You may have to create a custom playbook to use. I apologize for knot knowing more, but the only team I have used on madden recently is my created team in Franchise mode (My team is 80 million over the salary cap. I have the cap option turned off obviously. I didn't want to go higher because if you go too far over the cap, it is way too tough to make money. If you don't make enough money, you get fired).

I am willing to bet it will be in the 2010 version. Maybe Terrell Owens will make the cover....hmmmm