PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas Movies

uga3406
11-22-2008, 02:21 PM
I am a huge fan of Christmas movies and am very curious to see which ones do people like on here...here are a list of mine

1. Christmas Story - best c-mas movie in my book. So many great lines to quote from the movie.

2. Miracle on 34th street - the orginal one was great. My ex g/f made me watch it and i loved it. I usually never liked watching black and white movies but his one was good

3. Polar Express- i loved how they made this movie. It was intersting and thought sent a great message to kids about c-mas.

4. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - perhaps the funniest c-mas movie ever made

5. Santa Claus 1,2,3- all of them were great but the orginal to me is the best.

6. The Grinch that stole Christmas- the cartoon one is cute but Jim Carrey made one of his best movies imo. He was the entire movie and totally funny in this one.

7. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer- this is a all time great and favorite. Nough said.

Well there are a few of mine and im hoping to see some list a few of their favorites as well...

Blackocrates
11-22-2008, 02:38 PM
This should be moved to the movie forum.

I like your list, A Christmas Story is my favorite. I would also add; Gremlins, Scrooged, Muppet Christmas Carol and Elf. I'm getting ready to rent a handful of them to get into the spirit.

Arsenal WV
11-22-2008, 06:12 PM
1. A Christmas Story
2. National Lampoons Christmas vacation
3. A Wonderful Life
4. Scrooged

Perfect23
11-22-2008, 06:29 PM
bad santa

SpaceMountain16
11-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Christmas Vacation

Other than that, not much.....

Maybe Die Hard? :)

SpurzN703
11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
A Christmas Story, Home Alone and It's a Wonderful Life

SpaceMountain16
11-23-2008, 02:56 AM
I can't stand a Christmas Story, it's so over played and over hyped. Sure it has many classic and memorable scenes, but i don't think it's anywhere near as good as top tier Christmas movies like It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th street and i just don't get why i have to suffer through watching it 3-4 times every year.

uga3406
11-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I can't stand a Christmas Story, it's so over played and over hyped. Sure it has many classic and memorable scenes, but i don't think it's anywhere near as good as top tier Christmas movies like It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th street and i just don't get why i have to suffer through watching it 3-4 times every year.

if you dont like it then why do you watch it lol i do agree they might play it way to much but it has a great story to it and is very believeable to say the least

SpaceMountain16
11-23-2008, 01:43 PM
if you dont like it then why do you watch it lol i do agree they might play it way to much but it has a great story to it and is very believeable to say the least

Good question, i usually find myself watching pieces of it throughout the day and because they play it so many damn times i end up seeing the whole thing. Usually i'm waiting for one of the many classic scenes in the film

i.e. Ralphie says F DASH DASH DASH
They go to the Chinese place for Christmas Dinner
Flick gets his tongue stuck to the pole
Ralphie beats up Scott FARKUS

etc.

It's not a bad film, it's just over played. I'd rather see something else 24 hours in a row.

Crickett
11-23-2008, 01:54 PM

I usually keep quiet about it, but I agree with you 100% here.

dominizzo
11-25-2008, 04:33 AM
trading places

CedarPhin
11-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Jack Frost: The Mutant Killer Snowman.

fatkirstyalley
11-25-2008, 02:27 PM
silent night deadly night
Christmas vacation
christmas story

X-Pacolypse
11-25-2008, 05:17 PM

On Christmas Day last year, TBS played that movie ALL DAY. It was the only Christmas movie on that channel. That's definately WAY too much. As for my favorite Christmas movie, it's not a movie, it's more of a Christmas special that used too see air time when I was a kid, but not anymore. A Garfield Christmas was one of my favorites as a kid.