PDA

View Full Version : help need advice

finsheatcanes
11-26-2008, 01:26 AM
okay i recently moved to asia, back home in the US i have a 360 and a bunch of games but i didnt have enought room to bring it with me. in a few weeks a relative is comming here and i have a chance for her to bring the 360 and my games with me, but i think the volt here are different then US i just checked and its 240volts i think so im not sure if my 360 would even work here, curently i have a adapter on it and it works fine but i dont know if it would be fine for the 360 and dnt want to blow it up . ALSO instead of bringing my 360 over they sell game consoles here but are PRETTY expensive 450-550$ for ps3 or 360, plus they dont have many newer games for the ps3 but have a few new games for the 360 back home i have alot of games( gow,gta4,nba,madden,fifa,cod4,ect ect which i can just bring here ...what do you guy think i should do? bring my 360 over just buy a console here and if i get a new one what should it be? i love 360 live its like the the best thing ever but my 360 has already broken 2 times and im in a 3rd ward country so i dont want it to be breaking down here. tut both consoles have pretty much the same games i am in love with gow and know ps3 doesnt have it but metel gear solide seems nice i usually just play nba2k9 madden gow and gta4 so thats prob the only games ill buy.
also do all games work with all system? if i bring my US 360 here and buy a game from here will it work ..same with ps3? sorry for the long post THANKS!

shula_guy
11-26-2008, 01:46 AM
My advice is put the video games down and find yourself a hot asian girl to play with instead.

finsheatcanes
11-26-2008, 02:45 AM
believe me ive been looking but its REALLLY weird here all the guys are so shy(seem really gayish too) all i want to do is talk to these girls but the guys keep telling me not to cause its rude and disrespectful and i will get in trouble of soome sort haha but i still do with nice manners and the girls dont respone they just keep walking.

finsheatcanes
11-26-2008, 03:47 AM
and also what does pal ntsc-j and ntsc u/c mean?

maccachief
11-26-2008, 06:42 AM
and also what does pal ntsc-j and ntsc u/c mean?
that stuff has to do with the tv output used in various regions of the world. PAL is what is used in europe, ntsc u/c is used in north america (United states and Canada, hence the u/c), and ntsc j is used in Japan. you would have to find a converter to use any of your US stuff on a european TV. but since the ntsc j is a variant of ntsc u/c, you might not need a converter...but don't quote me on that.

also...any game that you buy in asia would have to be a region free game, meaning that you can play it on any system from any region. if you buy a region-specific game, you can only play that game on a system from that same region. i think the ps3 is region free actually...so you might not need to worry about that (someone who owns a ps3...could you verify this?) but i'm pretty sure the 360 is region-specific, so you'd have to import (from USA) anything you buy for the 360, or buy a region-free copy.

hope this helped a little

finsheatcanes
11-26-2008, 12:40 PM
thanks...so what do you think would be a better bet for me

finsheatcanes
11-26-2008, 12:47 PM
im kind of rolling towards bring my 360 here with all my games and just buying the 09 madden and 2k and gow2 i already have cod4 gta4 and few other exciting games, but a ps3 would be nice here in india knowing blue-ray prob blow up here but i already checked out a store and they dont have many games AT all so i would beed to buy all the games i want from the US which are madden 09 2k9 cod4 mgs fifa which would get a little expensive 5 games plus a ps3. i check the store out for 360 games and they have a bunch of games newer ones too like gow2, but both systems are EXPENSIVE 450-550$. what do you guys think? trying to make my decision before black friday so i can tell my relative to buy it while they might be cheap over holidays to bring over also hopefully it wont get knock around in the suitcase and airport.