PDA

View Full Version : Chargers

CedarPhin
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM
How long until Norv Turner gets ****canned?

No excuse that they should be that bad with the talent they have on both sides of the ball.

SpurzN703
11-30-2008, 11:51 PM
It's his fault the defense got jizzed on?

SRM
11-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Still amazing they fired Marty..

They fired him for not making it far enough in the playoffs..

So they hire a coach that can't even get to the playoffs. Yipee!

CedarPhin
12-01-2008, 12:21 AM
You know Marty's got to be laughing after every Chargers loss.

FALCONS24-7-365
12-01-2008, 12:36 AM
The Chargers aren't bad. They just played someone good.....:up:

Fins_ColtsFan
12-01-2008, 12:54 AM

Correction: They have been playing someone good :lol:

SpaceMountain16
12-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Norv Turner is HORRIBLE

How the guy keeps getting HC jobs is beyond me.

emeraldfin
12-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Chargers have lost something like 5 or 6 games already by 3 points or less. Crazy how much Merriman ment to that defense.

As for Turner, he will be gone at the end of the season.

Vertical Limit
12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
lol.. I remember a lot of people on this site had that team as the favorite to go to the Super Bowl and I thought that everyone was crazy.

obxsnowboarderp
12-01-2008, 02:48 PM

Yeah the Charger lost to the Dolphins as well :up:

obxsnowboarderp
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
No the chargers organization already stated that Norv Tuner will be back next year

SpaceMountain16
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
The Chargers have caught some bad breaks this year, losing close games, losing games literally because of horrendous officiating, some injuries to key players such as LT (the nagging toe) and Shawn Merriman. But 4-8 is inexcusable.

ChambersWI
12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
losing Merriman hurt the defense a lot, but it doesn't help that Cromartie regressed A LOT this season. Matt Wilhelm and Stephen Cooper also haven't been as good in the middle as they thought/hoped they would. They also cut Lorenzo Neal in favor of that Pinnock guy, who was horrible, and now they're playing Jacob Hester; who is a good player in his own right, but is more or less a RB not a FB so LT has no lead blocker.

Still not shocked though, Norv Turner was never a winner as a HC. He was hired because he would be a yes man to AJ Smith.

Daytona Fin
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
No the chargers organization already stated that Norv Tuner will be back next year

yes, i remember hearing this too. i dont understand why, though

FALCONS24-7-365
12-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah the Charger lost to the Dolphins as well :up:

:lol:.....Many teams have lost tot the hands of us and I love it....They expect to walk over us....:hi5:

djfresh47
12-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Norv's a decent OC. Merriman's one of the best if not the best defensive player in the game. They've lost a bunch of close games. That division is bad though. Their is no excuse for going 4-8. In all fairness to Norv he did get them to the Afc Championship game. Marty's a perfect fit for a team rebuilding. Not a fit for a team that's trying to win championships. Norv's not a good fit anywhere as a head coach. He must be really good at interviewing though cause he keeps getting jobs.

CedarPhin
12-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Norvs alot like Wanny.

Good coordinator, but terrible head coach. Look at San Fran. Norv comes in as OC, improves Alex Smith, and they look somewhat decent on O. He leaves, goes to SD, and their offense falters under Hostler and now Martz.

San Diego really didn't improve last year, they just rode a nice wave into the playoffs, finally faltering when LT and Rivers both went down with injuries. This year, they've been absolutely pitiful on D, and I don't think that Merriman being back in the linebacking spot would have really helped them. Their pass D is awful.

To me, the loss of Mike Turner and Lorenzo Neal hurt them alot more than they'd like to admit.

X-Pacolypse
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't how Dean Spanos can look at the Chargers fans and tell them that Norv will be back next season. That team should be the atop of the AFC elite.