PDA

View Full Version : Dan Is The Man!!!!

yospiderweb
12-05-2008, 01:09 AM
hey today in mexico city i met JOE MONTANA montana gave an event of aotugraphs so when my turn came in i just saw him into his eyes

and I say

wht it feels to be the second best qb in all nfl history

he saw me with angry face

and before i turn around i just say in his face

DAN IS THE MAN NUMBER ONE!!!

i just have to say that to montana just let him know whos the man:hi5::hi5:

ps sorry my bad grammar hehe

Funkymonks
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Thats great man! I would love to see his face!

Hope you got the autograph out of it too.

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 01:26 AM
While I agree that Dan, is in fact, the man, I don't condone being rude to somone. I don't like it when it's done to me, and, I doubt anyone likes it when people are rude to them.

yospiderweb
12-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Thats great man! I would love to see his face!

Hope you got the autograph out of it too.
i dont get the autograph he act like a diva he only accept photos of 10 yards away

Jeep
12-05-2008, 12:06 PM
While I agree that Dan, is in fact, the man, I don't condone being rude to somone. I don't like it when it's done to me, and, I doubt anyone likes it when people are rude to them.

That has to be the best response to a thread like this.. and to add one little item to it..

Joe Montana has to be the most humble, honest and like-able guy in the work. I've met him and talked to him on a number of different occasions and all I can say is I have nothing but respect for the man..

Also, you should hear some of the stories about him while he was playing for San Fran.. they're awesome stories that will make you laugh.. One story I will share was in his first Superbowl..

The offense was on the field against the feared Bengal's defense.. Everyone in the huddle is all excited, nervous, tired and working hard to move the ball down the field. Here comes Joe into the huddle, casual and carefree and says "Hey guys, did you know John Candy is in the stands???"

I heard everyone in the huddle busted up laughing because of how cool, calm and collect Joe was with his off the wall humor...

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 12:12 PM
That has to be the best response to a thread like this.. and to add one little item to it..

Joe Montana has to be the most humble, honest and like-able guy in the work. I've met him and talked to him on a number of different occasions and all I can say is I have nothing but respect for the man..

Also, you should hear some of the stories about him while he was playing for San Fran.. they're awesome stories that will make you laugh.. One story I will share was in his first Superbowl..

The offense was on the field against the feared Bengal's defense.. Everyone in the huddle is all excited, nervous, tired and working hard to move the ball down the field. Here comes Joe into the huddle, casual and carefree and says "Hey guys, did you know John Candy is in the stands???"

I heard everyone in the huddle busted up laughing because of how cool, calm and collect Joe was with his off the wall humor...

I've never met Montana, but the fact of the matter is; He was signing autographs somewhere and, then, somone walks up and descides to be a jerk just out of the clear blue.

In the words of Woodrow Call from "Lonesome Dove"; I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.

Schleprock
12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
hey today in mexico city i met JOE MONTANA montana gave an event of aotugraphs so when my turn came in i just saw him into his eyes

and I say

wht it feels to be the second best qb in all nfl history

he saw me with angry face

and before i turn around i just say in his face

DAN IS THE MAN NUMBER ONE!!!

i just have to say that to montana just let him know whos the man:hi5::hi5:

ps sorry my bad grammar hehe
congrats on being classless and rude...and making Dolphin/marino fans look like a jerk. Way to go.

Too bad for Montana he couldn't reach across and grab that autograph out of your hand and rip it up.

NBP81
12-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Aw cmon guys, dont get to angry at him. We dont know how old is this guy. Maybe your trashing on a ten year old kid... (he doesnt even know how to write properly yet)

fin-atic
12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Am I the only one who didnt take this seriously?

Minnphin
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I've never met Montana, but the fact of the matter is; He was signing autographs somewhere and, then, somone walks up and descides to be a jerk just out of the clear blue.

In the words of Woodrow Call from "Lonesome Dove"; I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.

I had to sign in and thank you just for the Lonesome Dove quote...

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Am I the only one who didnt take this seriously?

Well, I don't particularly take anything on a messageboard on the intrawebz very seriously, 'specially when they involve professional sports.....However, I wouldn't tolerate that sort of behavior in any way shape or form. It's not really a matter of takeing it seriously or not. It's a question of condoneing the stated behavior under the given set of circumstances.

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Aw cmon guys, dont get to angry at him. We dont know how old is this guy. Maybe your trashing on a ten year old kid... (he doesnt even know how to write properly yet)

I'm not angry with him. I'm not even angry at his behavior. I just think that sort of behavior is unecessary and uncalled for. IT's certainly not worth praise or being condoned. As for being a 10 year old kid.....My boys never behaived like that towards anyone to my knowledge, at 10 years old.....Or 5 for that matter.

dolfan5223
12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Wow..... Funny. I saw Leon Lett in Alabama one time while he was signing autographs and I told him thanks for the Thanksgving game he didnt like that
at all......

Stugots13
12-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Jesus, the tight pants on some people.

Flip Tanneflop
12-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Can we span this already? Seems like total bs to me. The guys claims Montana was doing an autograph session, and then a couple posts later says you couldnt get within 10 ft of him for a pic. I donno.

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Jesus, the tight pants on some people.

I definitly fit the "Tight pants" remark when it comes to haveing a modicum of respect for other people....Especially those I don't know, and, especially when I'm at an event where they are the featured guest.

I got a football autographed at a Shoe Carnival opening for my Father in Law once. Ed Jones, Drew Pearson, and Hollywood Henderson IIRC. I hated all of them (as Cowboys), but, I got thier autographs, said, "I appreciate the way you played the game" while shakeing thier hands. I just don't see what the point of being arbitraially rude to people accomplishes.

I suppose those are just the values that I was brought up with, but, I fail to see anything wrong with them, as opposed to the alternative.

YoDaddy
12-05-2008, 03:14 PM

This is way off topic, but Lonesome Dove is by FAR my favorite movie/mini series. "The older the violin, the sweeter the music."

You also gotta love the SNL that Joe Montana was a part of years ago. Class act, we should act the same to him.

SpurzN703
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
congrats on being classless and rude...and making Dolphin/marino fans look like a jerk. Way to go.

Too bad for Montana he couldn't reach across and grab that autograph out of your hand and rip it up.

Hilarious as to how the dude made this thread b/c he'd think we'd be in awe of what he did but it turns out he's been scorned for his behavior instead.

:lol:

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Can we span this already? Seems like total bs to me. The guys claims Montana was doing an autograph session, and then a couple posts later says you couldnt get within 10 ft of him for a pic. I donno.

Well, autographs are one thing, flash photography is another. Say....(Arbitrarally) that there are 500 people in line for autographs and, pictures. Most people have NO idea when they need flash or not, or how to frame a photo for proper composition. 500 flashes going off 6 feet from one's face could get annoying......'Specially when it happens again and, again, and again. Various players have various rules on thier sessions. I would not be surprised if that was one...Though 10 yards seems far. The OP isn't a native english speaker either, so, he maybe gotten the systems of measure wrong.

Stugots13
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/2ep3cll-1.jpg

Dolphins3
12-05-2008, 06:37 PM

Um, the John Candy story wasn't in his first Super Bowl. It was in Supe XXIII against the Bengals (they beat the Bengals in SB XVI and XXIII) in Joe Robbie Stadium.

Joker2thief
12-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Um, the John Candy story wasn't in his first Super Bowl. It was in Supe XXIII against the Bengals (they beat the Bengals in SB XVI and XXIII) in Joe Robbie Stadium.

It was also at the beginning of the final drive were they scored the winning score.

shadpop
12-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Let me get this straight. You walked up to a QB who is undefeated in Super Bowl Competition. Has 4 ( in think ) rings and has always been a true gentleman wherever he goes. Went to another team ( CHIEFS ) and got them to the playoffs and has donated time and money and his name to many a good cause. You then decieded to insult him in front of a group of people as he was signing auto's. Rude is the least of your worries. You take the qb that racks up lots of personal records. I'll take the 4 rings. Dan Marino was a great QB. I am a Fin fan for all time but Montana was THE MAN. If you see Jerry Rice don't bring up Duper and Clayton. Awesome pair/a joy to watch but Rice was the best. Fin fans have more class than that and more football knowledge.

C-Money84
12-05-2008, 11:20 PM
When I opened this thread I thought it was going to be about Montana talking to a Dolphins fan at an autograph session, and telling him a cool story about Danny during the week leading up to the Super Bowl or the Sports Illustrated shoot they did.

Really hope this is just a bogus post to try and grab attention. Joe Seems like an all world class act.

yospiderweb
12-06-2008, 03:18 AM
weel the thing is that montana says thats hes gonna sign 190 autographs and he didnt sign any at all

he just let the people took photos 10 yards away of him

a lot of people was angry bcs of that,one guy was in the in tha place around 48 hours before montana arrives

traduccion:

montana dijo que firmaria 190 autografos pero al final no firmo ninguno y solo se dejo tomar fotos cerca de 10 yardas de distancia

habia un tipo formado en la linea de autografos que llevaba mas de 48 horas formado para que montana no le firmara nada

habia mucha gente enojada por ese detalle

fin-atic
12-06-2008, 09:46 AM
OK I am moving this to the Depths of the Sea forum. Nothing constructive going on here.

Beebster1117
12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Agreed, this thread is going nowhere. It's a shame, however, to see how uptight some people are. The dolphins are in a playoff race, have a huge game vs the bills, it's the Holliday season, and we got some people policing this chat like it's the 17th Precinct in Nyc. If you really want to scold people on "rudeness", please become a Dean of Students at a middle school or a guidence counsler at Juvy before you spread your Grinch spell on all of us.

With that, go fins, go Montana, and go Marino!!