PDA

View Full Version : OJ gets sentenced today

Roman529
12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
They said it will be a minimum of 6 years and a maximum of 18 to life. Apparently the sentencing will be within the hour. Most are saying it will probably be in the ten year range. What a wasted life OJ...you had it all and threw it away. :rolleyes:

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I couldn't be happier that POS will be going away. I take solice in the fact that they never got Capone on anything but tax evasion, but, they got him none the less. Same basic theory with OJ. Essentially, he's getting 16 to life for all his crimes, which, while a bargain is still better than nothing.

Perfect23
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
he should already be serving in prison

Vaark
12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Karma bites back! Yipee. Sometimes justice deferred is all the sweeter. Bet the Brown and Goldman families get a contented, restful sleep tonight and wake up with a smile on their faces.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/simpson-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/16jpnc-1.jpg
Enjoy your 13 year layover in Sin City

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Karma bites back! Yipee. Sometimes justice deferred is all the sweeter. Bet the Brown and Goldman families get a contented, restful sleep tonight and wake up with a smile on their faces.

Enjoy your 13 year layover in Sin City

May he die in pain.

WVDolphan
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
May he die in pain.

**** OJ and everyone who thought it was great when he got acquitted on two murder charges. Crimes he actually committed btw.

And **** anyone who thought/thinks he didnt kill those people. If you think OJ didnt practically cut that beautiful woman's head off, and brutally stab that man who was coming over to "return" something to the lady, then youre a total ****ing moron and should be executed based on nothing more than you are so completely ****ing stupid that you dont deserve to live. :err:

CedarPhin
12-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I think he's just going into prison to look for the real killers.

LOL

shula_guy
12-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I hope he bends over for the soap and somebody comes up from behind and stabs him.

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 09:19 PM
**** OJ and everyone who thought it was great when he got acquitted on two murder charges. Crimes he actually committed btw.

And **** anyone who thought/thinks he didnt kill those people. If you think OJ didnt practically cut that beautiful woman's head off, and brutally stab that man who was coming over to "return" something to the lady, then youre a total ****ing moron and should be executed based on nothing more than you are so completely ****ing stupid that you dont deserve to live. :err:

I'm a big believer what comes around goes around. Believeing that tells me I shouldn't feel good. But I do.

GoonBoss
12-05-2008, 09:27 PM
LAS VEGAS - A weary and beaten-looking O.J. Simpson was put away Friday for at least nine years — and perhaps the rest of his life — for an armed robbery in a hotel room, bringing a measure of satisfaction to those who believed the football star got away with murder more than a decade ago.
The 61-year-old Hall of Famer listened stone-faced, his wrists in shackles, as Judge Jackie Glass pronounced the sentence — 33 years behind bars with eligibility for parole after less than a third of that.
Moments before, Simpson made a rambling, five-minute plea for leniency, simultaneously apologizing for the holdup as a foolish mistake and trying to justify his actions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28067187/

He still gets away with a scant sentance for his crimes, but, at least he gets to be in jail.

djfresh47
12-05-2008, 10:37 PM
O.J. is not a smart man. I'd like to think that most of society is decent and somewhat intelligent. Having him get away with murder with overwhelming evidence makes me think otherwise. It's not vindication for the Goldman and Brown family. Atleast O.J. is going away and will be irrelevant.

To think from being a HOF RB and in movies to a murderer than a kidnapper how smart could he of been. Karma, but this guy obviously has issues. What person in their right mind writes a book "If I did it." Also he did attempt to start a reality show called Juiced. He's a disgusting human and I feel pity on how sad and pathetic he is.

Vaark
12-05-2008, 10:45 PM

I was living in the Conejo Valley in those days and I'd occasionally see Ron's stepmother Patty and Fred around the area always wearing a picture button of him. It was heartbreaking and infuriating. I actually once stopped her at a Price Club to offer condolenses and tell her that I hoped her family would strip OJ destitute in the upcoming civil trial. A friend who died way too young is burried not too far from him in Pierce Bros Memorial Park in Westlake Village, so I've actually taken a detour and paid my respects at his gravesite also.

I'm despising how now some of the talking heads, are separating and making a distinction between this OJ and how great the old #32 OJ was. I'd rather they didn't and that this ignomy and infamy forever tarnish whatever's left of his image on the field.

As Goon accurately compared this to Capone's downfall for tax evasion, it's poetic justice that he got the book thrown at him for what's basically a dumbazz, bullchit offense. It's a great day.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/16jpnc-1.jpg

big_b_chain
12-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Its about time the legal system worked !

tucker
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
he got screwed

NYPhinFan
12-06-2008, 06:09 PM
he got screwed
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: I just laughed out loud

tylerdolphin
12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
he got screwed
Must really suck to get away with a double murder when there was enough evidence to convict him 40x over. Then it must really suck to not have to pay a dime of the money you owe the family in a civil suit, because you can just not work and play golf all day. And then he gets thrown in jail years later for something silly like walking into a hotel and committing armed robbery.

Oh, and i bet it tore him all to pieces that he never found the real killer. I mean, he searched all those years. Now with him locked up, I doubt we will ever get the real killer. :rolleyes:

His life really sucked. Poor OJ.

GoonBoss
12-07-2008, 06:59 AM
he got screwed

:lol:

Nope. That comes later. Then, he will be screwed. On the bright side, his husband, Bubbah cooks a mean break fluid martini in the toilet.

Vaark
12-07-2008, 08:58 AM
:lol:

Nope. That comes later. Then, he will be screwed. On the bright side, his husband, Bubbah cooks a mean break fluid martini in the toilet.

It'll be healthy living for him..with all those protein shakes he'll be drinking

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dreday
12-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Actually, OJ can survive his sentence, just as long as they allow him to keep vaseline and he gets himself a “Daddy.”

tucker
12-08-2008, 03:12 PM
if you look at what he was charged for, then yes he got screwed..the evidence wasnt over whelming..even though the judge said prior history wasnt an issue, it obviously was...i could care less what he got away with..whether you like it or not, he was found innocent..

tylerdolphin
12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
if you look at what he was charged for, then yes he got screwed..the evidence wasnt over whelming..even though the judge said prior history wasnt an issue, it obviously was...i could care less what he got away with..whether you like it or not, he was found innocent..
Im just saying...I have an incredibly hard time feeling sorry for a murderer who never did any time for it. He should have been in the slammer years ago, so no, he didn't get screwed.

Vaark
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM

Firstly, that skumbag wasn't found "innocent." He was found "not guilty" which means that in the judgement of the jury of his peers, there was not sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to find him "guilty." According to them, the state did not present a preponderance of evidence to convict. But being blunt about it, it was a blatant case of jury repudiation and an inept judge who let the proceedings become a circus which made the verdict a laughingstock if it weren't so tragic.

Now as far as the Vegas trial, dammit, he was caught on tape physically holding his victims captive with a deadly weapon while attempting to "relieve" them of items in their possession. Can you say "robbery," strong-armed intimidation and "kidnapping" ?? What more evidence do you need?? Sheesh

If you believe in the afterlife, whatever suffering is in store for him over the next 13 or so years (and I hope it's a chitload) ain't nothing compared to what Lucifer's got planned for all eternity. :up:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

cmax13
12-09-2008, 09:43 AM

whether you like it or not... in this case, he was found guilty and will serve time...

you can't have your cake and eat it too...

SpurzN703
12-09-2008, 12:12 PM
whether you like it or not... in this case, he was found guilty and will serve time...

you can't have your cake and eat it too...

:hi5:

tucker
12-09-2008, 01:47 PM
damn, i mean, i could care less about the guy, but i dont hold grudges acting like Yes justice has finally been served

Roman529
12-09-2008, 03:15 PM

That is what Wilbon was saying on PTI. He probably did not deserve the sentence he got for the robbery, but his past did have an effect on the charges he got for the Las Vegas robbery, and the sentence he received. I think ultimately the Goldman family got the justice they deserved.

ih8brady
12-09-2008, 09:07 PM
This is just a case of bad people not getting sympathy when they finally are caught (figuratively, this time) red-handed. If he was an upstanding guy who went nuts one day with a gun during an argument, then maybe he might be facing parole or a plea deal. He's an abusive and violent thug, who's luck has just run out.

shula_guy
12-12-2008, 11:20 PM
OJ wasnt punished harshly because he got away with murder. He got the sentence he got because he did not take the deal offered to him and because he thought he was larger then our justice system. He gambled in Vegas and got busted by the Judge. His sentence had nothing to do with the murder trial. If he would of taken the deal he would of been out in less then 3yrs. I dont think he counted on them having a taperecorder that night. To make matters worse, he did win any sympathny points from the judge by insulting her inteligence with his " I did not know it was illeagle" routine. Are we to believe that he did not understand it is illeagle to bring a group of armed men into a hotel room and forcefully remove items from that room while holding two men hostage at gunpoint. He is honestly lucky she did not give him more time and run his sentences consecutivly.