PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for the Lions to go 0-16

Layfield
12-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I was just wondering how many of you were rooting for the Lions to go winless this season especially after what almost happened to us last year.

Im hoping they pull out a win. I cant root for any team to go winless after all of the agony I felt last year. I couldnt imagine actually going 0-16.

Nappy Roots
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
im not. i live in tampa land and i love to throw it in their face they have the only winless season and we have the only undefeated season.

Vaark
12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Their fans don't deserve it as we didn't last year. They've been attending games with bags over their heads to make a point long before the Fiinfans ever did. They've been calling for Millen's firing for years. Familiar with that miserable pit-of-the-stomach nausea that would have stretched all offseason if not for the grace of a boneheaded Billick call, I wouldn't wish that feeling on any devoted fan.

Beyond that, if nothing more than giving that ridiculous Jim Rome a season of fodder to crow over, my gut would be against it.

dreday
12-07-2008, 11:55 PM
One of my boys is a Lions fan..He's feeling my pain from last year.Hmm.. do I want them to go winless?He talks a lot of trash win his teams are winning.I'm going to have to go with I'd think it was funny if they didn't win a game.However I'm not rooting for them to not win one.

SpaceMountain16
12-08-2008, 12:05 AM
I do now,

I told everyone i know they'd win this week against Minnesota.

Roman529
12-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I want them to beat the Tampa Bay Bucs record.....I think they almost lost every game for two straight seasons.

dreday
12-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks like the Ravens are on the verge...

LtDan
12-08-2008, 01:35 AM
After our season last year I could not wish that on anyone

X-Pacolypse
12-08-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't wish for a winless season. I hope the Lions win a game.

Perfect23
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
No team deserves to go 0-16

djfresh47
12-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I want it. The fans don't deserve it as no fan base does. Especially with the economic struggles of Detroit. Going overfeated is just awesome. Losing every game is harder IMO than winning every game. Matt Millen killed that franchise. To think the ownership was willing to put up with him for as long as they did is ridiculous.

The one thing that the Lions do have is the most physically gifted WR in the NFL in Calvin Johnson. He's a flat-out stud.

tylerdolphin
12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I want to see it. I wasn't around for the last winless team. It would be cool to see it happen. Im just glad it wasn't the Dolphins last year

FINdestructible
12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Nah, why wish that on any fan? Well unless it were the patsies or the jests, then yes, i would be rooting for their winless season. :wink:

FINdestructible
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM

Not even NE or the NYJ? :wink:

PhinzN703
12-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I think it'd be fun to have another team go winless. Who really cares? Detroit can go 0-16 and turn around and win 6 games next year.

arsenal
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
im not, only teams id like to go winless are the bills, pats, NE, maybe Dallas, Indy... but thats about it

chibully
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM

You said it best. I don't know why anyone would want to see ant team go winless. You could jokingly say that, but it's still kinda lame.

All I can think of is Jim Rome, and all his comments towards us last year. So when we finally won, I had a hearty chuckle. I'll probably never understand what his problem was, is it so bad that it looked like we were going winless, and then won? no, it isn't. He Should've just been happy for us, but no.

Anyway, I don't know if detroit wins a game. Maybe against new orleans.

Dolfan3773
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I hope they win a game

Ricky_Fan34
12-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Guys.... we went through this last year. We know what it's like. I'm officially a Lions fan for now. How humiliating would it be for all of us if we had gone 0-16? We've been down that road, and none of us want to go back. I would hope that all of you guys are being lions fans for now too. Because they are exactly what we were. They can't hold on to a lead. So lets all band together and hope for a lions win this sunday vs Indy! Whos with me!?!?!?

1 dol fan
12-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Not me! but I will heartily cheer for the dyin's (lions) week 17 against the Packers. I don't want these guys to go winless and I have quite a disdain for everything Packers ever since last season's debacle. (the ridicule was nearly unbearable since the Pack was good and we ... dont wanna talk about it.)

Go Lions! Beat Packers!

JCane
12-12-2008, 03:12 AM
Absolutely not. We should have learned something from being in the same position last season. It's not good for the game if a team goes winless. No team should go winless. Those guys put in a lot of hard work each and every week. They at least need to win one just as we did last season.

rainmaker1313
12-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Nope. I want them to kick some Colts azz this weekend!!!!

feelthepain
12-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I was just wondering how many of you were rooting for the Lions to go winless this season especially after what almost happened to us last year.

Im hoping they pull out a win. I cant root for any team to go winless after all of the agony I felt last year. I couldnt imagine actually going 0-16.

Not me, I would only wish that on our sorry *** division rivals who's fans were basking in our misery last season.

chibully
12-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Nope. I want them to kick some Colts azz this weekend!!!!

I don't know if they can beat the colts, although I heard dan orlovsky was going to star instead of culpepper, maybe that will give them a spark. Not sure why they didn't just start Drew Stanton a few weeks ago.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-14-2008, 09:42 PM
All I can think of is Jim Rome, and all his comments towards us last year. So when we finally won, I had a hearty chuckle. I'll probably never understand what his problem was, is it so bad that it looked like we were going winless, and then won? no, it isn't. He Should've just been happy for us, but no.
he created a radio personality, and part of his personality has always been rooting for a team to go 0-16, and now he wants it even more because people know him for that and they'll tune in big time once that happens and his ratings will increase, and his advertising will go up, and he'll make more money...it's pretty easy to figure out

as for me, i don't root for it but i wouldn't mind witnessing a part of history

TakeOne
12-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Like most of you said before me, after last season's debacle, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. For those of you who wish Detroit to go winless, how many Dolphins games did you watch last year?

I only missed one game, the NE game where Ronnie was lost to the IR monster. I was out of town visiting family in Ohio and the game wasnt being broadcasted at any relatives houses. I faithfully followed miami for all the other games though. It was rough.

I don't know their schedule, but hopefully they get a meaningless game against a team already locked into the playoffs.

I was fortunate enough to be at the Ravens game last year, hell of a celebration after the game. Hopefully Detroit can experience something similair.