PDA

View Full Version : Jets Locker room in trouble LOL

Paul Mad ScotPZ
12-08-2008, 05:47 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/07/coles-on-favre-the-jugs-machine-throws-harder/

COLES ON FAVRE: THE JUGS MACHINE THROWS HARDER (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/07/coles-on-favre-the-jugs-machine-throws-harder/)

Posted by Josh Alper on December 7, 2008, 8:32 p.m. EST
As if the Jets woeful play over the last two weeks wasn’t enough for them to worry about, they may have a little problem in the locker room when Brett Favre hears what Laveranues Coles had to say about him.
John Crumpacker of the San Francisco Chronicle (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/06/SP0314IIHB.DTL) (via Fanhouse (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/07/laveranues-coles-says-jugs-machine-throws-harder-than-brett-favr/)) shared some comments that Coles made before today’s 24-14 loss to the 49ers. Coles thinks that Favre’s reputation as a good quarterback with a strong arm isn’t justified.
“I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else … Of course he’s the big name, he’s the Hall of Famer, he’s going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don’t really get it.”
Coles, who bemoaned the loss of Chad Pennington after the Favre trade, is also unhappy with his role in the offense.
“We’re in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. … I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for … This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there’s really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy … in position to get the ball most of the time.”
Coles is second on the team with 56 catches for 620 yards. Jerricho Cotchery, with 59 and 702, leads in both categories. Coles has scored six times, however, which is best on the Jets and one shy of his career best in that category.
UPDATE: Rich Cimini of the Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/12/coles-favre-comments-causing-a.html) and Erik Boland of Newsday (http://blogs.trb.com/sports/football/jets/blog/2008/12/coles_on_favre_clarified.html) have both reacted to Crumpacker’s story by writing that Favre and Coles were joking around before the call and, according to Cimini, Favre told Coles to tell the S.F. writers that they had problems with each other. Each also posted the full transcript of the conference call which makes Coles sound a helluva lot less self-involved as the quotes Crumpacker used and I passed along. For example:
Chronicle: “This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there’s really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy … in position to get the ball most of the time.”
Complete transcript: “Basically, you just follow the plays around [Brett Favre]. This is his offense. Our running game has taken off and then when we do throw the ball, there’s really no level of importance, where at one point in time it used to be where I was the guy that was put in the position to get the ball most of the time. Now I just play my role and if the team decides to take me away, we’ve got other guys that make plays. Basically, I just do what I’m supposed to do and that’s my role.”

It just gets better and better..

Shamboubou
12-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Wouldn't it be freaking great if this team just fell to pieces!!! Would be awesome to see the Fins get into the playoffs and not have to sweat it out as bad.

SQuinn17
12-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Wouldn't it be freaking great if this team just fell to pieces!!! Would be awesome to see the Fins get into the playoffs and not have to sweat it out as bad.
hell yah it would!!

nyjunc
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Did you read that important little part where it says "update". if not please read it before this thread spirals out of control.

MIAdolphin89
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Umm...okay, so that was pointless.

Granchamp71
12-08-2008, 10:07 AM
So they were trying to mess with the SF writers? Oh well, they had the last laugh at the end of the day when their Niners stomped Favre and co.

nyjunc
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
So they were trying to mess with the SF writers? Oh well, they had the last laugh at the end of the day when their Niners stomped Favre and co.

They beat us, I wouldn't say stomped especially if the BS penalty on leon's KR wasn't thrown then we would have been up 21-17 in the 4th and the game would have been different. They played better yesterday but they didn't stomp us.

DeeperImage
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't see anything of importance.

Slim
12-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Did you read that important little part where it says "update". if not please read it before this thread spirals out of control.

WHATEVER!!

Joking around... that's the lamest excuse ever. Didn't sound to me like Coles was joking around. Coles speaks his mind and this was clearly no joke.

DevereauxWilson
12-08-2008, 10:26 AM
I would like to see Coles cut and signed by us. However, this isn't going to increase the chances of it it happening.

dolpns13
12-08-2008, 10:35 AM
WHATEVER!!

Joking around... that's the lamest excuse ever. Didn't sound to me like Coles was joking around. Coles speaks his mind and this was clearly no joke.

it is a very lame excuse, and if it is true, Favre and Coles have to be two of the most immature people in the league if they have to conive the media and purposefully lie to them to get a laugh out of it... a laugh that only those two would share because nooone else, in reading it, would know any better... Favre's a joke

Rhody Phins Fan
12-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Poor Coles. He had to go from Chad who is awesome to Brett who is not as awesome as Chad. Tough break.

rev kev
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
They beat us, I wouldn't say stomped especially if the BS penalty on leon's KR wasn't thrown then we would have been up 21-17 in the 4th and the game would have been different. They played better yesterday but they didn't stomp us.

Damage control... looks like you got whipped...

houtz
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Please don't talk to us about BS calls. We had a Ricky touchdown called back the last two weeks.

Jets have been EXPOSED

Oh and to stay on topic, Coles wishes Pennington was still in New York much like most of their fans do. The Jugs machine probably throws a tighter, more accurate spiral then that of Old man Favre. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his last season :(

rev kev
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I hope Favre is back next year..., and the following year..., and the following year..., and teh year after that if you get my drift..., he will never pull himself... never ever..., will he leave the field while he is alive..., some whack job needs to pull a Nancy Kerrigan on the ol man...

Vertical Limit
12-08-2008, 11:46 AM
WHATEVER!!

It's been reported that it was a joke and you're saying it's not a joke? Okay believe what you want. :sidelol:

Good thing it was a joke too, because if Coles did really say that, he would have had a tough media week. You don't disrespect a player like Favre like that.

FINdestructible
12-08-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/mrburnsexcellent-1.jpg

Cannonboy
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Now Favre is in just to pad his stats. He can care less about the team as long as his stats keep going up.

nyjunc
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
WHATEVER!!

Just read the part under "update".

Adam First
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM
If the Jets miss the playoffs, Favre retires

at least I hope he does

SuperMarksBros.
12-08-2008, 12:26 PM
should read "damage control"

FINdestructible
12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
should read "damage control"

Exactly! Joke my ***.

nyjunc
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
You guys are really reaching but whatever makes you feel better.

Dolphan5876
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM

Stomp; to Tread heavily; to Trample; to Lumber; to Galumph

:ponder::ponder: :tantrum::tantrum: :azmang::azmang:

tcdrover
12-08-2008, 02:06 PM
I think most people didn't read the entire article.

Coles & Farce may have been joking, but the sports writer picked little quotes and cut out the rest & took all of the quotes completely out of context regardless.

Typical media bs. They probably hang out together with Armando at those San Franciso clubs. :rolleyes2: :D

PassRush
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM
It is probably nothing, us Dolphins fans know better than anyone that the local and national sports media like nothing more than to create problems(Salgaro, im looking in your direction). Sure, it is great to fantasize about turning on Sportscenter after work and hearing about a fist fight between Favre and Coles, half the team getting involved and watching the Jets season implode in the final three games. Is that going to happen? Not ****ing likely. But its something to make us smile.

X-Pacolypse
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
J-e-t-s.... Suck, Suck, Suck!!!!!

Etuoo33
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM

This is noy yhe first time Coles has had his say about Farve. I'm not really convinced he's "just kiddin'". Clearly the Jests are not clicking on all cylinders.:beer1:

Nappy Roots
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
J-e-t-s.... Suck, Suck, Suck!!!!!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/418X5XW0WXL_SL500_AA240_-1.jpg

Lorenzo Rules
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
EXCUSE ME , but dont we have bigger fish to fry then read and post that crap . this team needs to be focused and not worry about other teams. so I will leave you witha great qoute froma great cb.

Sam Madison once said
let the stars shine so bright but forget what a lame coach does does on the sideline"

what does this have to do with the topic at hand , you ask ? well , nothing absolutly nothing I just wanted to offer my colorful insight inspired by a master mind like Madison.

Dors156
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Wow I just wasted a few minutes of my life reading something pointless because of the UPDATE.

finfan54
12-08-2008, 08:28 PM
I say Laverneous Coles is ours next offseason. TJ whosyurmamma gets taken, this guy is next in line...and u know chad will push for it.

KnifeOfTheDead
12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I say Laverneous Coles is ours next offseason. TJ whosyurmamma gets taken, this guy is next in line...and u know chad will push for it.

imagine if we got all 3. we would be unstoppable. that would be so great to watch those 3, Ginn, and Bess just completely dominate everybody! there is almost no chance we could get all 3 but, it would be cool.

Ricky_Fan34
12-08-2008, 10:25 PM
If we were to ge any of them, i would want Coles. TJ wouldn't fit in with Parcells. and i really want to see Ginn, Camarillo, and Bess become an elite core of recievers. Coles could be a help to Ginn, and Camarillo could help Bess. Lets face it, Camarillo is no joke. He is the next Wes Welkers, only this time were not going to give him away. Almost all of the players on our team now will be on our team for years and years to come. this is a unit. A true team. We've got a gelled team now. Bess is a very QB friendly WR just like Camarillo. Our WR's are young, and still developing. But i think it will be an elite Core of WR's a few years down the road. Just wait, it'll happen.

As far as the jets go is based on us. Miami control who makes the playoffs, who doesn't. All the Jets can hope for is us to lose. We can control other teams fates, which is scary if you think about it. I'm sure JT is sitting up in Washington going "man, i wish i could be a part of that." Miami has a golden opportunity. We NEED to capitalize and take our goals a step further. Playoffs, Divisional, AFC Championship, Super Bowl. I'm going to enlighten you guys... Miami I beleive has a better record then NYG had this time last year. Playoffs are in reach, superbowl is a dream. The difference is that we can achieve these dreams, and make them a reality. CP will get the job done. We all know that. I'm not saying were going to win the Super Bowl, im saying were not eliminated and we are a good sleeper team. Just a thought :)

huck1974
12-08-2008, 11:01 PM

we are taking the division. That is all you need to worry about. The Jests can spiral out of control without this thread as we have seen this past Sunday.

stevec
12-08-2008, 11:17 PM

Threads never spiral out of control on this board! Hehehehe! :-)

TooDrkPark
12-08-2008, 11:36 PM

You now officially know how Dolphins fans feel game after game with the bad penalty calls. IE...the bogus holding call on Ricky's TD run...welcome to our world.

Jetsfan89
12-09-2008, 03:24 AM
WHATEVER!!

If Slim says there not joking around then there not joking around. :lol:

JCane
12-09-2008, 08:06 AM

Why would we want Coles on our team? I read the original post in this thread and what I got out of that was Coles is a "ME ME ME" player. "Before Favre the offense went through me. Teams had to prepare for me. Favre is now the foal point of the offense and I'm just a role player." This selfish goon can rot in New York for all I care. Just because Chad is here doesn't mean that we need this gutterball who depends on Chad to get him the ball. I'll take Houshmandzadeh any day of the week. That guy just wants to play and just wants to win. All of this talk about Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh just wants to play ball.

SpurzN703
12-09-2008, 01:17 PM

Isn't a loss a loss?

Jetsfan89
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Why would we want Coles on our team? I read the original post in this thread and what I got out of that was Coles is a "ME ME ME" player. "Before Favre the offense went through me. Teams had to prepare for me. Favre is now the foal point of the offense and I'm just a role player." This selfish goon can rot in New York for all I care. Just because Chad is here doesn't mean that we need this gutterball who depends on Chad to get him the ball. I'll take Houshmandzadeh any day of the week. That guy just wants to play and just wants to win. All of this talk about Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh just wants to play ball.

Coles isnt a "me me" player. If the Jets get rid of Laverneus and Chad has his way there is no doubt he will be a Dolphin. Parcells drafted him and he is Chad's go to guy.

nyjunc
12-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Isn't a loss a loss?

A loss is a loss but a stomping is a different kind of loss. We got stomped by SD, you got stomped by AZ. We lost a close game to SF.

Coles isnt a "me me" player. If the Jets get rid of Laverneus and Chad has his way there is no doubt he will be a Dolphin. Parcells drafted him and he is Chad's go to guy.

Al Groh drafted Coles and Chad.

jetsman
12-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Reading comprehension isn't a real strong suit of many on this board,is it????:d-day::d-day: