PDA

View Full Version : today!

dolfan06
02-12-2002, 05:47 PM
i have two boys, 27, 30, and i think they're old enough to take care of themselves. the one i'm worried about is my grand daughter.
but you are right, religion, the way it is now, sucks. people have been killing others in the name of God for centuries. at least thats the excuse they use. these terrorists have another motive i think!:(

btw, this thread doesn't have the first several posts because i made an error and went to delete my last post and went to the top instead of the one post!:(

dolphan39
02-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
but you are right, religion, the way it is now, sucks. people have been killing others in the name of God for centuries. at least thats the excuse they use. these terrorists have another motive i think!:( if we could only move Israel, Western walls and all to somewhere near Las Vegas, things would be much more peaceful in the middle east.

btw, this thread doesn't have the first several posts because i made an error and went to delete my last post and went to the top instead of the one post!:( damn moderators ;)

iceblizzard69
02-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
if we could only move Israel, Western walls and all to somewhere near Las Vegas, things would be much more peaceful in the middle east.

damn moderators ;)

I did a project on that in school. Turns out that Israel is just as bad as Hamas and all the other Palestinian terrorists. They both blow each other up.

As for religion, I am not religious at all, the only religious day I care about (with the rest of my family) is Christmas.

dolphan39
02-12-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I did a project on that in school. Turns out that Israel is just as bad as Hamas and all the other Palestinian terrorists. They both blow each other up. Israel is just trying to live in peace, unlike some of their neighbors who will kill innocent civilians and will continue to do so until Israel does not exist. And the Israelis only target terrorists not civilians. :fire:

dolfan06
02-12-2002, 07:18 PM
As for religion, I am not religious at all, the only religious day I care about (with the rest of my family) is Christmas.

if you're not 100% sure, why take a chance!:(

iceblizzard69
02-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Israel is just trying to live in peace, unlike some of their neighbors who will kill innocent civilians and will continue to do so until Israel does not exist. And the Israelis only target terrorists not civilians. :fire:

I am not gonna get into an argument about this, but since the second intifada broke out in 2000, Israel has killed 3 times the amount of INNOCENT Palestinians than Palestinians have killed Israelis. I don't support any side in the conflict because both sides kill innocent people.

dolphan39
02-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Yeah there have been a lot of Israeli men and women strapping bombs to themselves and blowing themselves up on buses and in malls :rolleyes: 'nuff

dolfan06
02-13-2002, 02:54 PM
Yeah there have been a lot of Israeli men and women strapping bombs to themselves and blowing themselves up on buses and in malls :rolleyes: 'nuff been a whole lot of em hijacking planes too!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
02-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Yeah there have been a lot of Israeli men and women strapping bombs to themselves and blowing themselves up on buses and in malls :rolleyes: 'nuff

First of all, there are Israeli terrorists. One who is well known is Barruch Goldstein who is actually American but he went into a mosque in Hebron, West Bank a few years ago and killed 30 innocent people. Besides him, there are some Israeli terrorists. The IDF (who America portrays as the "good" guys) kills more innocent people then all of the Palestinian terrorist groups do, like Hamas and Islamic Jihad do against Israelis. Just because I am not a fan of Israel (or Palestine, but they should get land) doesn't mean I hate the US, because this country kicks ass. The whole conflict would be over if Israel ended the occupation in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. I don't like talking about the Israeli-Palestinian thing so I will stop, but if you wanna learn more, research it. I once thought Israel was good and Palestine was bad but when I learned more about it (I did a project on it) I realized that both sides are equally as bad. I am done talking about this subject.

dolphan39
02-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Hopefully you get an "F" on your project, because the Palestenian have land, including all of Gaza and lots of the West Bank and have turned down offers that would make them a sovereign state with even more land because they will not be content unti Israel is destroyed. That is the difference between the two: the Israeli just want peace and the Palestenians just want to destroy Israel.

dolfan06
02-14-2002, 10:23 AM
russians and now arabs have done to the jews, and the fact that my uncle was jewish, i have nothing but respect for them.

and i would fight too, if just because i existed people wanted me out!:drinkers:

dolphan39
02-14-2002, 10:48 AM
and the fact that my uncle was jewish what about our starting QB ? :rolleyes:

had to lighten up a bit ;)

dolfan06
02-14-2002, 10:55 AM
what about our starting QB ? :rolleyes:

had to lighten up a bit ;) yeah, i thought about that after i posted. he fits the mold perfectly, scrappy litle guy, when he's in a corner!

and i remembered why you're an expert on the subject!

dolphan39
02-14-2002, 11:01 AM
and i remembered why you're an expert on the subject! it must be that Israeli Political Science professor I had in college ;)

dolfan06
02-14-2002, 11:03 AM
it must be that Israeli Political Science professor I had in college ;) yeah, right!:D

iceblizzard69
02-14-2002, 07:00 PM
Hopefully you get an "F" on your project, because the Palestenian have land, including all of Gaza and lots of the West Bank and have turned down offers that would make them a sovereign state with even more land because they will not be content unti Israel is destroyed. That is the difference between the two: the Israeli just want peace and the Palestenians just want to destroy Israel.

They don't fully control it, and I can guarantee there won't be peace until Israel ends the occupation in the Palestinian areas. The Palestinians do want peace, not all of them are suicide bombers, and most of them only support attacks against IDF soldiers who occupy Palestinian lands. You are being ignorant on a subject matter you seem to not know a lot about from what I have heard you say.

iceblizzard69
02-14-2002, 07:02 PM
Just because someone is Jewish means that they are Israeli or support Israel, and the same with Muslims and Palestine. It is a matter of good and bad.

iceblizzard69
02-14-2002, 07:20 PM
I realize that our little fight over the pointless conflict in the Middle East where Israel kills and Palestine kills, isn't gonna get anywhere, so I will just stop, and hopefully you will too. You are entitled to your own opinion on who you like and so am I. I don't like either side more than the other but I hope Palestine becomes a state and that Israel ends the occupation. If that happens, there will be peace. Now lets talk about fun stuff like football. This is the kind of stuff we talk about in school.

dolphan39
02-15-2002, 09:55 AM
this is a :nono:

dolfan06
02-15-2002, 10:24 AM
a truce, let the talks begin! (about something else of course!):D

dolphan39
02-15-2002, 10:54 AM
:lol:

iceblizzard69
02-15-2002, 08:05 PM
a truce, let the talks begin! (about something else of course!):D

:)

burghPhinFan
03-02-2002, 01:18 PM
throw in my two cents...

Here's some thoughts I emailed to a fellow Dol-fan in the army serving over there somewhere. I do my patriotic duty by keep him up to date on all the Phin news. (He said they couldn't get the Sunday scores unitl about Wednesday)

. I don't when we'll ever see the end of this situation. It's hard to imagine hating another civilization just for their way of life. But I can see that when you live in a desert, wear a hat that looks really hot and a heavy sport coat on top of all that, you can get a little cranky! Just think how they're attitude might change if they wore shorts and tennis shoes! Maybe instead of a religious leader they just need a fashion coordinator!!! I heard on the news the other day that they fear the western influence because their society has gone unchanged for 1000 years and they don't want the 'temptation' of western technology. Unchanged for 1000 years, would that be such a bad thing? TAKE A LOOK AROUND!!! YOU LIVE IN A DESERT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!! I THINK YOU ARE LONG OVER DO FOR SOME CHANGES!!!!!
What bothers me most is they can't see that you can have all these modern advances and still keep your religion unchanged. Then I think that, ok, you want your society unchanged by western influences? All right then, get rid of all your light bulbs(Thomas Edison), all your electricity for that matter (Benjamin Franklin), modern medicines, all forms of automobiles (Henry Ford), Machine guns,(I don't who developed them, but I'm sure it wasn't Afghanistan! Gunpowder came from the orient I'm pretty sure), sport coats, (how the hell did this become the national fashion symbol of a country that's mostly desert? Why not add a neck tie while your at it? Sheesh! Again, I'm sure they didn't originate in Afghanistan). The list goes on and on I'm sure.
There was a topic on a radio talk show the other day. The host asked what the listeners might think the Afghanies might find the most unusual and unimaginable about our society.
Stuff we take for granted that they might seem bizarre to them. And after seeing all the footage of the hunt for Osama on the news, I was tempted to call in with my answer; DRYWALL!!!!