PDA

View Full Version : The Jets and Farve are hidding something.

FinAtic8480
12-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Maybe he was just taking it easy. Maybe he was still feeling the effects from Sunday. Or maybe ... you don't want another maybe.
Brett Favre did a lot of standing around today during the early portion of practice, the 30 minutes open to the media. He was in uniform, and looked ready to practice, but he skipped most of the individual drills (Note: He did participate in the one-on-one, open-field "tackling" drill. Carrying the ball, he got around LB Jason Trusnik with a nifty fake. Guy makes one long run on a naked bootleg and he thinks he's Gale Sayers.)
Save for a soft toss or two, Favre didn't do any throwing. Perhaps this is much ado about nothing, but when it involves the future Hall of Famer, even nothing is something. We'll have to wait until the practice report at 4 p.m. to see if anything is hurting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/12/favre-takes-it-easy-1.html

Something is wrong with Dinosaur Brett.

finfan75
12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Probably hiding a wildcat offense. I hope we are ready for KC first. Then worry about the Jets.

MadDog 88
12-17-2008, 05:21 PM
He has developed a case of noodle arm. :wink:

FinAtic8480
12-17-2008, 05:22 PM
I think the rumors earlier of him hurting his arm are defitnetly true after this. I think old Farve is injured.

Canadianfishfan
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM

He has developed a case of sulking..

Oh... He's done that every season since.. Like forever!

burger13
12-17-2008, 05:27 PM
but he always plays...

X-Pacolypse
12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
There is one thing the Jets can't hide. They can't hide the fact that they totally suck.

DolfanAdam
12-17-2008, 05:35 PM
This is all hype, I've seen the guy get run over by a mack truck and then get up on the next play and throw for 90 yards. We will get no breaks, we are going to beat the Jets by playing our best football of 08 and letting Penny finally get his revenge.

shaunm000
12-17-2008, 05:36 PM
He will have a career 19 td day against the seabirds most likely now.

Pelorus Jack
12-17-2008, 05:36 PM
With his head swelling up so much after his pro-bowl selection it probably also caused his hemorroids to act up.

Someone ask Joey P. to ask him how it feels after he knocks him on his ***!

NYCphan
12-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I think it's clear that he doesn't have the same zip on the ball that he used to have, and he might even be losing a little bit more late in the season.

The danger for him and the Jets is if he instinctively tries to make throws that he used to but now can't.

That isn't a knock on him. He's still a very good QB who can beat you if he gets the chance. He's just 39, and there's no way to reverse the clock on that.

JETSJETSJETS
12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
I think the rumors earlier of him hurting his arm are defitnetly true after this. I think old Farve is injured.
If only you watched him play Sunday!

DeeperImage
12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
No big deal, he will just take 20 pain killers before the game and he will be good to go.

Vaark
12-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Just caught his locker room interview.. he's back into his coquettish "maybe yes, maybe no" as to whether he'll be back next year. Here we go again with this soap opera.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/33zbbyp-1.jpg

Dredd1050
12-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Word out of NY is that he is nursing a strained labia minora.

retarmyfinfan
12-17-2008, 08:42 PM

I seen parts of the jests-bills game, and I noticed Favre had a funny throwing motion. Like he use his whole upper body to throw, just looked weird, but then again I have never watched the drama queen very much and maybe that's how he throws. He threw a long one for an int and it was way underthrown.

templarwd
12-17-2008, 08:49 PM

OUCH ! That always hurts ! :tongue::tongue:

shula_guy
12-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Just caught his locker room interview.. he's back into his coquettish "maybe yes, maybe no" as to whether he'll be back next year. Here we go again with this soap opera.

Did you become a Jets fan and froget to tell us?

aquaman54
12-17-2008, 09:15 PM
No big deal, he will just take 20 pain killers before the game and he will be good to go.
Yeah.....Anybody got Jurkovich's phone number? :chuckle:

MadDog 88
12-17-2008, 09:19 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/33zbbyp-1.jpg

I doubt he will be back. IMO his lackluster performance since mid season is a result of the "i'll show the packers what they missed by not bring me back" syndrome that has worn off. I think he only went to the Jets to save face after throwing his hissy fit in the summer.

So the Jets will be right back where they were last season.

Dolfan3773
12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I hate that guy with a passion...

Sirspud
12-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Bad arm or not, that doesn't hide the fact that most of the reason for Brett's bad play when it has popped up over his career is his decision making. He was terrible in that Jets-Bills game and just got outsucked by Losman.

wkedklwnz
12-17-2008, 11:18 PM
I doubt he will be back. IMO his lackluster performance since mid season is a result of the "i'll show the packers what they missed by not bring me back" syndrome that has worn off. I think he only went to the Jets to save face after throwing his hissy fit in the summer.

So the Jets will be right back where they were last season.

Actually, they are worse off, no Pennington to fall back on when clemens or whoever sucks it up and no 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.
Stupid jets gave up to much. BWA-HAHAHA

Thats right I hate the jets so much I dont capitalize the proper letters in their players names or their team name.

13marino13
12-17-2008, 11:34 PM
He's saving himself for the Pro-Bowl

Bumpus
12-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Perhaps the Madden curse is arriving.

Personally, I hope that it doesn't show it's head until after Porter hits him on the first play of the game. That way, the slimy, green *******s will have no time to prepare a backup for the destruction to come.

Go Dolphins!

TakeOne
12-18-2008, 01:34 AM

Lol maybe he got some sand in it.

rainmaker1313
12-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Yeah the Jets are hding something, but we are hiding 10 things for them come 2 weeks!!!

nyjunc
12-18-2008, 06:40 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/12/favre-takes-it-easy-1.html

Something is wrong with Dinosaur Brett.

He has looked old and tired lately so anything to get him fresh again I'm all for it.

nyjunc
12-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Actually, they are worse off, no Pennington to fall back on when clemens or whoever sucks it up and no 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.
Stupid jets gave up to much. BWA-HAHAHA

Thats right I hate the jets so much I dont capitalize the proper letters in their players names or their team name.

Just keep in mind how bad Chad was w/ us last year when evaluating Clemens. if a good vet couldn't perform behind that OL how could an unproven 1st year starter have been a success? I don't know what happens w/ Clemens but he deserves the chance to play behind the OL we have now before we pronounce him as a bust.

Conan
12-18-2008, 08:27 AM
I think old Brett is just that, old