PDA

View Full Version : 15-1 Super Bowl Champs



baracuda
09-24-2003, 08:32 AM
2 teams have finished the regular season 15-1 and have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

The trivia here is, what two teams were they, and can you name the one team they lost to?

BONUS - the team that each of these teams lost to both played, and lost in their conference championship that same year. Who were the teams that they lost to that won their conference championship that year?

DOUBLE BONUS - what was the stadium that both of these teams lost their conference championship game in (hint - it was the same stadium for both teams).

dolfan06
09-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by baracuda
2 teams have finished the regular season 15-1 and have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

The trivia here is, what two teams were they, and can you name the one team they lost to?

BONUS - the team that each of these teams lost to both played, and lost in their conference championship that same year. Who were the teams that they lost to that won their conference championship that year?

DOUBLE BONUS - what was the stadium that both of these teams lost their conference championship game in (hint - it was the same stadium for both teams). one was the bears, got screwed by a pack of wild dolphins. i think the other was the niners, i can't remember who beat em though!:confused:

baracuda
09-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
one was the bears, got screwed by a pack of wild dolphins. i think the other was the niners, i can't remember who beat em though!:confused:
You're in the ballpark.

dolfan06
09-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by baracuda

You're in the ballpark. since nobody is jumping at this one, whats the answer?:confused:

baracuda
09-26-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
since nobody is jumping at this one, whats the answer?:confused:
In 1984, San Francisco went 15-1, losing only to Pittsburgh, en route to defeating the Dolphins in SB 19. The Dolphins had defeated Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship 45-28.
In 1985, Chicago went 15-1, losing only to the Dolphins in that historic MNF game in Miami. If you recall, Miami lost the AFC Championship that year to New England, who got thoroughly trounced by the Bears in SB 20.

Both AFC Championships were played in the Orange Bowl.