PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters playing for the wrong thing

Jrm_Fin_Fan
12-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I was just reading an article about how Jason peters is getting fed up with Buffalo since they said that a contract was in the works at the begining of the season, but still no deal.

But in the middle of the article they were talking about the probowl and Peters said this

Peters is excited about heading to Honolulu in February.
"It is overwhelming," he said. "This is what you play the game for, to get to Hawaii. It is an honor."

What You play the game to go to hawaii I thought you play the game to go to the Superbowl and win it. not to go to play one more game not with your team in Hawaii. Hmm just makes you think

Jrm_Fin_Fan
12-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Sorry heres the link

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80d751a2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

GoonBoss
12-19-2008, 08:44 PM
He doesn't have to play for anything but himself and his family.

Conan
12-19-2008, 10:37 PM
The team plays to win the superbowl in my opinion, if one is making the probowl he is probably doing what he can

emeraldfin
12-20-2008, 07:24 AM
He doesn't have to play for anything but himself and his family.

Yea, I'd agree that on a persoanl note getting to the Pro Bowl would be a great achievement for any NFL player. But surly winning the big one should be the motivating factor for a player and not money?

I know probably most of the players in the NFL are in it for the money, I just think the best way to get personal success is through team success.

GoonBoss
12-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Yea, I'd agree that on a persoanl note getting to the Pro Bowl would be a great achievement for any NFL player. But surly winning the big one should be the motivating factor for a player and not money?

I know probably most of the players in the NFL are in it for the money, I just think the best way to get personal success is through team success.
Whatever motivates one. All things aside.......I wouldn't be happy playing in Buffalo either.

djfresh47
12-20-2008, 12:17 PM
So he plays for the recognition of his peers? He wants to be one of the best? He shouldn't of been a pro bowler this year. Everybody drops out of that game anyways.

Is it me or do when guys holdout they either blow out a knee or under perform?

Deep2Evans
12-20-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't read much into this really. If he's just playing to get in Pro Bowls, it doesn't have to be looked at as a bad thing. It would mean he's trying his best and playing hard, which can only really help the team.