PDA

View Full Version : Check this out

Dolfan984
02-12-2002, 11:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1330804.html

Salary cap status for all 32 teams.

These were interesting.

Baltimore Ravens $22.5 million over

Carolina Panthers $7 million over (oh man, that sucks bad)

Jacksonville Jaguars $27.7 million over

New York Giants $11.6 million over

New York Jets $19.4 million over !!!!!

Oakland Raiders $19.5 million over !!!!

Tennessee Titans $22.5 million over

There are some teams that have it FAR worse than us. (sucks for the Jeststsestes and Faiders)

Heisenphin
02-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Baltimore is in very bad shape. Not only cap wise, but in players that are going to be FA's or taken in the exp draft. They will lose Sharper to the Texans. Sharp will most likely retire or go to Denver for one year to end his career. Woodson is gone. Starks is a FA will most likely leave since they can not afford him. The Goose retired. The best weapon is Jermaine Lewis and he is in the expansion draft as well. Not to mention they lost the "mastermind" of the D in Lewis to the Skins.

If any team will feel the crunch it will be the Ravens. They will now switch to a 3-4 D and that changes everything.

J'villes loss will hopefully be our gain in Taylor. I would much rather take the chance on him for a 3rd than Ricky Williams for a player and a pick or just picks. Even injured, Taylors numbers crush RW. RW has not ben the perfect picture of health either and he doesn't get in the endzone while putting the ball on the ground way to often. 20 fumbles in 3 seasons!!!

Rebar71
02-14-2002, 03:27 PM
:confused:

I totally do not understand the salary cap in football. I am a die hard Dolphins fan living southern California lucky to catch about 4 Dolphins on TV a year (this year I think we actually 6 or more!). They only show the Dolphins here if they are playing one of the big network darlings - a la the Rams, Broncos, Raiders and the like.

But I'm only a casual football fan as far as knowing all the nuances. I just watch the games and cheer for my team, yell at the TV like everyone else. I don't understand how a team at the cap level last year could suddenly be $27.7mil over - or in our case, $16.9mil over. But heck, I don't even know what the cap number is. I mean, I know salaries change, and there are incentives and what-not. But GMs should know all that too and should structure the contracts accordingly so as to not leave themselves high-and-dry for the next year.

My first love is hockey (the LA Kings specifically) and I could tell you anything you wanted to know about the NHL and their system but the NFL's just baffles me. I thought the NHL's CBA was complicated, but I bet the NFL's takes the cake.

miadphan13
02-14-2002, 03:39 PM
I am also like you. I am a fan of the game, but not the business.

dolphan39
02-14-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by miadphan13
I am also like you. I am a fan of the game, but not the business. and these days the game is almost all business :cry: bring back the good 'ol Cszonka days anytime :jumper: (of course, then there was that WFL thing and all :stooges: )

dolfan06
02-14-2002, 04:38 PM
I totally do not understand the salary cap in football. I am a die hard Dolphins fan living southern California lucky to catch about 4 Dolphins on TV a year (this year I think we actually 6 or more!). They only show the Dolphins here if they are playing one of the big network darlings - a la the Rams, Broncos, Raiders and the like.

i'm glad to hear somebody else admit it, i reall don't understand it either and like 39, BRING BACK THE DAYS Of CSONKA,KIICK, AND MORRIS!

Rebar71
02-14-2002, 04:48 PM
Nice to know I'm not alone.

:goof:

dolfan06
02-14-2002, 04:56 PM
because you don't know something, but i guess we DO have something in common!:rolleyes:

dolphan39
02-14-2002, 05:00 PM
Baltimore is gonna lose Sharper: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/bal-sp.sharper14feb14.story?coll=sfla%2Ddolphins%2Dfront

Here is a list of possible picks (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/orl-spt-nflchart021202.htmlstory?coll=sfla%2Ddolphins%2Dfront) nice to see the Jets losing 2 key guys :cooldude:

dolfan06
02-14-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1330804.html

Salary cap status for all 32 teams.

These were interesting.

Baltimore Ravens $22.5 million over

Carolina Panthers $7 million over (oh man, that sucks bad)

Jacksonville Jaguars $27.7 million over

New York Giants $11.6 million over

New York Jets $19.4 million over !!!!!

Oakland Raiders $19.5 million over !!!!

Tennessee Titans $22.5 million over

There are some teams that have it FAR worse than us. (sucks for the Jeststsestes and Faiders) looking at this list, wouldn't you say the ravens and titans were in deep doodoo?

Rebar71
02-14-2002, 05:19 PM
...and the Rams at $3.8mil under? With that team, how the heck did that happen?

bigbry
02-15-2002, 02:53 AM
miadphan13

In my part of the country that hand signal represents someone or observing something thats termed "bull $hit"Your protruding fingers represent the bulls horns.
Were you at a Jets game when that photo was taken???

BB:eek: :lol:

:monkey: JETS

dolfan06
02-15-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by bigbry
miadphan13

In my part of the country that hand signal represents someone or observing something thats termed "bull $hit"Your protruding fingers represent the bulls horns.
Were you at a Jets game when that photo was taken???

BB:eek: :lol:

:monkey: JETS it means "hang loose"!:jumper:

miadphan13
02-15-2002, 01:27 PM
I am a rock-n-roll chick at heart, so it means ROCK ON :rocker:

I did go to the Jets game :( :mad: :cry: , but in that photo, I was at the Raiders game. :D