PDA

View Full Version : Chris Berman idiot part II

67Stang
12-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Anybody watching Monday night countdown? Berman was calling Parcells, Belicheat, and Mangini the Father, the son, and the Holy Spirit. This guy is seriously a putz. WTF is he talking about....COME ON MAN!

SpaceMountain16
12-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I guess that kind of makes sense....

ADavieDolphin
i thought that was pretty funny... did you not get it?

oasis
Well, Mangini's about to be a ghost up there in NY so I guess it works...

GoonBoss
12-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, it's fairly apt, and, moderately funny......Aside from the outright blashpemy.

Danny
12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I take offence to that as a Christian...you have to draw the line at some point..there's only one God.I know he wasn't trying to offend me or any other Christians tho.

Ozzy rules!!

67Stang
12-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I take offence to that as a Christian...you have to draw the line at some point..there's only one God.I know he wasn't trying to offend me or any other Christians tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Exactly, plus he managed to get his Bills into the conversation, go figure.

Canadianfishfan
12-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Isn't Bergman somehow GROWING hair.. He's getting hair from nowhere.. it must be a miracle!

67Stang
12-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Isn't Bergman somehow GROWING hair.. He's getting hair from nowhere.. it must be a miracle!

It's inplants from his palm :up:

Slim
12-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Is anyone surprised by his blasphemy?

He used the lords name in veign over and over again on that youtube clip "Jesus Christ!"

Schleprock
12-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Regardless of the religious aspect of these comments, Berman's whole "shtick" is getting VERY TIRESOME. He's a blowhard, and his nicknames are so ridiculous now they make you wonder if he's on meds.

.....and no, I don't give a rats arse if he lost X lbs. on Nutrisystem, just GET OFF MY TV Bozo the Clown!

djphinfan
12-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Iam just about finished with the guy myself. Him and tom jackson are like an old married couple

LtDan
12-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Anybody watching Monday night countdown? Berman was calling Parcells, Belicheat, and Mangini the Father, the son, and the Holy Spirit. This guy is seriously a putz. WTF is he talking about....COME ON MAN!
Berman RULES!!

LtDan
12-22-2008, 09:21 PM

Ozzy rules!!
Really?? Be serious

CalDolFan10x14
12-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Berman RULES!!

Berman is the biggest Bills homer ever! 'Nough said!

Tetragrammaton
12-22-2008, 09:43 PM
I thought it was an interesting comparison.

LtDan
12-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Berman is the biggest Bills homer ever! 'Nough said!
and I respect that

cyesae
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
yea i thought it was funny and clever bi could care less about the relious crap

GoonBoss
12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Really?? Be serious

I'm sure he's completely serious. He is compareing those men to god. If you buy into the trinity, and Christianity as a whole, it's extemley blasphemous. Of course one generally doesn't see Christians putting out a Fatwah on the offending party.

GoonBoss
12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I thought it was an interesting comparison.

Really? Compareing three men that are reasonably good at what they do (I'd argue Mangini isn't anywhere near Bellicheck or PArcells) to absolute prefection? I get the humor he was going for but it's hardly even close to apt......I guess you could find it interesting but, I'm not understanding how.

Tetragrammaton
12-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Really? Compareing three men that are reasonably good at what they do (I'd argue Mangini isn't anywhere near Bellicheck or PArcells) to absolute prefection? I get the humor he was going for but it's hardly even close to apt......I guess you could find it interesting but, I'm not understanding how.

If you don't believe in witchcraft, it is comparably less offensive.

GoonBoss
12-22-2008, 11:27 PM

Well certainly. You didn't mention anything about less offensive, or offensiveness in general. Your word was "Interesting". I don't see it as interesting, but that's a subjective thing. It's not even close to an apt comparison. None of those men achieved even one season of perfection, whereas God, if you believe in god, *Is* perfection.

I was merely informing you of the implications in regards to Christianity. I'm not a Christian. I AM, however a former theology major, so, I know a little bit from wence I speak on the issue.

TakeOne
12-23-2008, 12:18 AM

Or flying spaghetti monsters. :sidelol:
I'm sorry, I hope someone doesn't put a hex on me.