PDA

View Full Version : Playoff being unfair..Patriots!!!

malzacher
12-24-2008, 09:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-playoffdebate122408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This Is quite funny! The one year the patsies might not make the playoffs, everyone cries. The format is fine, you guys are just a bunch of cheatn crybabies. You should have just won the division. This almost feels like little brother finally beating older brother in a basketball game or something. or atleast when I finally beat my older brother at street fighter, he wanted a re-match saying he wasn't ready..lol ****n *******..

hemidemon
12-24-2008, 09:24 PM
So the Pats might not make the playoffs. Can someone cry me a river?....I didn't think so.

oasis
12-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots' not making the playoffs this year leads to changes in the playoff format. Boo f-ing hoo.

coalesce
12-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Did the Patriots cry when the Dolphins didn't make the playoffs in 2003, when we finished with a 10-6 record?

Michael

DefensiveEnd76
12-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Why are the Patriots whining. They won 3 Superbowls by cheating. They need to surrender their trophies

mroz
12-24-2008, 10:30 PM
what a bunch of pricks

CitizenSnips
12-24-2008, 10:41 PM
“Typical stuff you see around the NFL,” one Patriot said. “How do you get to go to the playoffs at 8-8 or whatever when other teams win 10 or 11 games and don’t get in?”ok guys...just saying...the system kind of is flawed. I do believe the chargers are going to win and then get in as the west dvision leaders. And if Miami doesn't beat the Jets, how pissed are you going to be that not only did we win more than 2 games than the Chargers, but we also BEAT THE CHARGERS. (hell, we beat the Broncos too)

Potentially a team that we beat and has 2 more losses than us would get to the playoffs AND have a home game no less, over us.

GoonBoss
12-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Everyone on this board screams and throws tantrums over penalties that are obviously penalties when they go against us, but are remarkabley good at the technical aspects of penalties when they are agasint other teams. Same difference.

There is nothing wrong with the format. The division winners get in. If you want to go to the playoffs, win the Division. Easy. Heck..It got easier..There are TWO wildcards now.

Mikhial
12-24-2008, 10:47 PM
The system isn't flawed. It's perfectly fine the way it is. The pats fans can kiss my ***, though. If you don't win your division then its your own damn fault.

Danny
12-24-2008, 10:49 PM
this debate could go on forever...just like the way they decide the NCAA champion...but what can we do? Like someone else said,win the division and you don't have to worry about getting in....if we miss the playoffs it'll be cause of the game we blew at Houston,nothing else.

Ozzy rules!!

feelthepain
12-24-2008, 10:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-playoffdebate122408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This Is quite funny! The one year the patsies might not make the playoffs, everyone cries. The format is fine, you guys are just a bunch of cheatn crybabies. You should have just won the division. This almost feels like little brother finally beating older brother in a basketball game or something. or atleast when I finally beat my older brother at street fighter, he wanted a re-match saying he wasn't ready..lol ****n *******..
They still might make the playoffs, even get a bye week and one home game.

PhinFan0202
12-24-2008, 10:57 PM
It's the ****ing Patriots crying again. How many times have they got the rules to go in their favor this past decade? several! The tuck rule being a prime example of how when things go the Pats way it's never a big deal but when **** dosen't go their way it's the end of the world. If we we're on the outside looking in it would be "We'll the Dolphins should have won more games or blah blah blah.

FinFanAlex
Well the patsies will be crying when the Ravens destroy the Jags and the Miami Dolphins destroy the Jets this weekend LOL,cant wait to hear those cheaters and their rotten coach cry about not making the playoffs.

CitizenSnips
this debate could go on forever...just like the way they decide the NCAA champion...but what can we do? Like someone else said,win the division and you don't have to worry about getting in....if we miss the playoffs it'll be cause of the game we blew at Houston,nothing else.

Ozzy rules!!

nope. If we miss the playoffs it'll be because the game we blew in New York.

No blaming it on other games. Miami is 0-0 right now. They need 1 win and they know it. They lose this game, those other games didn't matter.

FinFanAlex
12-24-2008, 11:03 PM
nope. If we miss the playoffs it'll be because the game we blew in New York.

No blaming it on other games. Miami is 0-0 right now. They need 1 win and they know it. They lose this game, those other games didn't matter.Exactly the fins cant go back in time so they just need to win this Sunday and they are in the playoffs its as simple as that.

SirDrums
12-24-2008, 11:54 PM
This was written by Jason Cole. He used to work for the Miami Herald. He was the one that got in trouble over the famous "High-Five" when the Dolphins lost a big game a few years ago.

I guess it shouldn't suprise me that he would write something like this though I was hoping the next article I read from him was about the Dolphin turn around not about how it is unfair that the patsies might not make it at 11-5.

Itsdahumidity
12-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Who cares!? Let the Taintriots cry. As long as we take care of business it won't matter.

They still might make the playoffs, even get a bye week and one home game.

yeah except for the bye part. PIT I believe has the 2nd one locked up. They beat the cheaters head to head & have a better conf record.

satz
12-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Who is crying not any pats fan i know its sucks but that is the way things are .also it only the first time since NFL went to a 6 team format so rare as hell.

djfresh47
12-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I bet NFC teams will feel cheated because of the Cardinals record also. The NFL can't take away a playoff game from a division winner. I do think that the team with the better record should get a home game. Rather than the division winner.

Teams just have to make and they've got a chance. Pittsburgh a few years ago and the Giants last year proved that. If Miami went 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs and a team that is 8-8 gets in i'd be pissed too. I'm not going to be hypocritical because it's a different team.

The NFL playoff system isn't the best. Though it's the system the NFL has.

Bong
12-30-2008, 12:52 AM
These Pats fans will never get over it. They are cheaters and when things don't go their way they whine and moan. No this is not just one Pats fan complaining; I seriously believe that every Pats fan is crying in their chowder about this.

feelthepain
12-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Who cares!? Let the Taintriots cry. As long as we take care of business it won't matter.

yeah except for the bye part. PIT I believe has the 2nd one locked up. They beat the cheaters head to head & have a better conf record.

Tha part was sarcastic...something to do with their cheating ways.

Batroc
01-11-2009, 02:52 AM
I work with one of these crybabies and trust me: EVERY Patriots loss is some kind of friggin conspiracy or injustice dealt to the boys in silver and blue according to him. It really does make me sick to see fans that have been spoiled for the most part of this decade act like tantrum throwing children just because they didn't make the playoffs one year out of ten.
I'm not saying it's all of them, but there is a significant faction of Patsy fans that think that the playoffs and championships are their right and if something like not winning the division keeps them from playing for a title, the hell with it- change the playoff format so they can get in! NOW Roger Goodell...climb out of Kraft's back pocket and get that done! :)

SpurzN703
01-11-2009, 02:23 PM
They lost the tiebreaker to the Dolphins b/c of the Week 3 loss and RB's 5 Tds. If it wasn't for that (along with their other 4 losses in the conference), they'd be in.

While missing the playoffs ay 11-5 does suck, it is their own fault.

BrandonMeriPAIN
01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Funny, if you actually visited the Patriot message board, there is almost no one that feels the playoff format should be changed, so I don't know where you get this whole "Patriots and their fans are crying babies" from. We didn't write the article, Jason Cole did.

I think the playoff formatting is perfectly fine. It was just unfortunate for the Pats this year that it didn't work out based on some anomalies with the formatting. Its not like this was some secret, everyone knew when they made this format that this could happen.. Yea, it sucks that it happened to us, but thats the way it goes sometimes. It could just as easily help us out in the future at some point.

Now if you want to start a thread on the overtime format, THAT is something I'd be a huge supporter of changing, but leave the playoff format alone.

BrandonMeriPAIN
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Why are the Patriots whining. They won 3 Superbowls by cheating. They need to surrender their trophies

You must be quite a genius when it comes to the NFL. Even the Pats most bitter rivals in the Colts and Jets won't even admit that anymore and admit the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Its really a simple argument to squash as well, just look at the 2007 season... Obviously they weren't "cheating" then and managed to beat every single team they faced that year, most of the time in dominating fashion.

This year they went 11-5 with an injury riddled team, including Tom Brady who is arguably the best QB in the entire NFL and one of the greatest of all time.

But no you're right, a $100 sony VHS camera definitely was the key to their success, not the preparation, talent, hard work and discipline of the players and coaches. Just keep telling yourself that, I'm sure if you close your eyes and say it enough times, it will come true and the Patriots will just simply disappear from the AFC East.

eric1589
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
if the patriots were still video taping, maybe they would have been ready for the wildcat. then they might have made it to the play offs.

Jetsfan89
01-30-2009, 11:11 PM
I work with one of these crybabies and trust me: EVERY Patriots loss is some kind of friggin conspiracy or injustice dealt to the boys in silver and blue according to him. It really does make me sick to see fans that have been spoiled for the most part of this decade act like tantrum throwing children just because they didn't make the playoffs one year out of ten.
I'm not saying it's all of them, but there is a significant faction of Patsy fans that think that the playoffs and championships are their right and if something like not winning the division keeps them from playing for a title, the hell with it- change the playoff format so they can get in! NOW Roger Goodell...climb out of Kraft's back pocket and get that done! :)

Haha well a Dolphin and Jet fan can agree on that. Your dead on with your post. Its not all of them but a large majority of the Boston fan base for any sport feels that the championships are theres and if they lose then they got screwed.

I remember the week of the Jets/Pats game this year in Foxboro for example. I was listening to some Boston radio to get their feel on the game and all they do is talk down to their competition and pump up all their guys. They kill the Jets and then when the Jets went up there and Favre played great and the Jets beat the Pats in OT instead of just giving the Jets credit they ***** about the OT rules and talk about some penalties that they got screwed on. What can you do I guess lol.

buzdoubt
01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
yep! ...pats fan are still crying everywhere i go...i don't even care (sorta) that we didn't get past the first round. Swept the bills, Beat the Jets wk 16 and the Pats didn't make the playoffs!...thats all that mattered....That reps full on, in yer face braggin' rights...which, i choose...to keep to a low key, ya know...it's like driving a Ferrari under the speedlimit...sorta ...kinda...well...sorta.... Ya get the picture....WE bad.. Oh, n not to mention the introduction of the wildcat...woot! Props to this season..

quinninin1
02-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Its funny reading this article and see the pats players bash the Cardinals, saying they cant even play, then the Cards make the super bowl, haha true justice....

TomBradyWoot
02-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Its funny reading this article and see the pats players bash the Cardinals, saying they cant even play, then the Cards make the super bowl, haha true justice....

you obviously can't read. please show me where patriots players bash the cardinals.