PDA

View Full Version : Hangover Remedies

properfin
12-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Okay, I know that the best way NOT to get a hangover is to avoid drinking altogether, but win or lose there are going to be some serious hangovers tomorrow morning. Share with us if you will, your best hangover remedies. I'll go first.

I heard that pickle juice the morning after helps replenish some much needed electrolytes.

And it IS related to this game because it's the biggest game in years!!! Think of it as a community service to your fellow Finfans!

Huscroft6
12-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Take 2 motrin before bed. Or have a beer in the morning.

MichelleBelle31
12-28-2008, 01:35 PM
I take vitamins, keep hydrated, eat greasy food and sleep. Works for me!

Cannonboy
12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I say just keep drinking all night so you don't wake up with a hangover.

PaPhinz
12-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Usually drink like 2 glasses of water before I go to bed. Wake up, two tylenols, a cup of coffee and some eggs. After that i'm usually good to go. Or after every couple beers I'll drink a glass of water. I'm staying herbal for todays game:woot:

GoonBoss
12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
As I posted earlier;

A hangover is mostly about dehydration, caused by the alcohol replaceing the water in your body. The body needs water to move your blood around. As you dehydrate, the blood literally thickens, stressing the body and, results in the brian not getting oxygenated blood like it normally does. Drink water. Drink it before, and, drink if after. Do NOT drink juice, coffee (the worst), or anything else other than maybe some 1/2 strength Gatorade. Asprain is also good in the AM after the hangover, and before bed. It thins the blood. Only problem is it can irritate an empty tummy.

finfanfromcsu
12-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Okay, I know that the best way NOT to get a hangover is to avoid drinking altogether, but win or lose there are going to be some serious hangovers tomorrow morning. Share with us if you will, your best hangover remedies. I'll go first.

I heard that pickle juice the morning after helps replenish some much needed electrolytes.

And it IS related to this game because it's the biggest game in years!!! Think of it as a community service to your fellow Finfans!

I saw on TV last night on MANswers that prickly pear cactus juice, 5 hours before you start drinking is the best hangover preventitive. I always ate honey and toast and took a b-vitamin before bed and never had a problem.