PDA

View Full Version : MergedX2: Pro Bowl to be played in Miami in 2010

Chi-Town FinFan
12-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Interesting... It's going to be played before the superbowl as well... I kind of like that idea...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081229/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_pro_bowl_miami_2

CedarPhin
12-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Haha. I was just about to post this.

PhinzN703
12-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Hopefully the Phins will have 6 guys in the PB and the whole team in the Super Bowl

:d-day:

TakeOne
12-29-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/830356.html

Story from the Miami Herald. Not official yet from the nfl, confirmed by sources.

Dolphins7273
12-29-2008, 08:31 PM
WOW! That would be awesome! Finally, the Pro Bowl can be like a regular all-star game as opposed to some irrelevant piece of crap held in Hawaii every year.

Dolfan3773
12-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Thats sick! Im going for sure!

Dolphins7273
12-29-2008, 08:43 PM
If they're gonna make it before the Super Bowl, it shouldn't be so close to it. The Pro Bowlers that are playing in the Super Bowl likely won't participate.

TakeOne
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
You know if there are any Pro Bowlers on the Super Bowl teams, they will be held out by their coaches.

cr8zylegs81
12-30-2008, 10:08 AM
CBSSports. com (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vQ0JTU3BvcnRzLmNvbQ==) wire reports

The Pro Bowl will be played one week before the Super Bowl in 2010 and both games will be staged in Dolphin Stadium, a person directly involved in the decision told the Associated Press on Monday.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the NFL has not announced the move.

It's not a new notion to have the game moved up to take place between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. The NFL has discussed it multiple times in recent years, and commissioner Roger Goodell told the AP last month that having the game precede the Super Bowl would avoid a "somewhat anticlimactic" ending to the season.

The Pro Bowl has been held in Honolulu since 1980.

Spector
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Sounds good to me. Lets send our Super Bowl bound players out to play a meaningless game, right before the biggest game of their career.

If this does actually happen, I guarantee that you will never again see a Super Bowl bound player in the Pro Bowl.

shula_guy
12-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Sounds good to me. Lets send our Super Bowl bound players out to play a meaningless game, right before the biggest game of their career.

If this does actually happen, I guarantee that you will never again see a Super Bowl bound player in the Pro Bowl.

So what if a super bowl bound players don't play in the pro bowl game. It's a meaningless dog n pony show for the fans. Why should it be played in Hawaii every year? Why not give the games and the revenues to football cities by tieing it together with the Super bowl. It will also add to the super bowl celebration bringing the stars into the city. I think it is a good idea. I might actually watch it since it will be played before the big game and no other game will be on.

CedarPhin
12-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Super Bowl bound players wouldn't play in it.

Adam Strange
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
I love how people are saying that Super Bowl bound players aren't "likely" to play in the Pro Bowl under these circumstances. Not only are they not likely to play, there's no way in hell they're going to play. As if Tony Dungy is going to say, "Sure, Peyton. Go ahead and play in this meaningless exhibition game, just try not to get hurt before the championship game next week."

Congrats to the NFL though. They accomplished a remarkable feat. They somehow managed to make the most insignificant All-Star game in all of sports even more insignificant. That's thinking outside the box for you.

djfresh47
12-31-2008, 01:08 PM
It doesn't matter. The game is terrible. This move probably will get a few more players to go rather than Hawaii. A ton of guys go down to endorse products on radio row the week of the SB. So this gets them there a week earlier. Nobody on a SB team would go. I really doubt many players on the conference championship teams will go. Considering the better teams usually have more Pro Bowlers. This move means nothing.

Perfect23
12-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Sweet

Dolphan7
12-31-2008, 02:14 PM
It doesn't matter. The game is terrible. This move probably will get a few more players to go rather than Hawaii. A ton of guys go down to endorse products on radio row the week of the SB. So this gets them there a week earlier. Nobody on a SB team would go. I really doubt many players on the conference championship teams will go. Considering the better teams usually have more Pro Bowlers. This move means nothing.Tell that to the Jets. :lol:

djfresh47
12-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Tell that to the Jets. :lol:

I think it takes longer for a guy to get recognition to go. Then they get a few extra on the back-end of their career when they don't deserve it. Favre obviously doesn't deserve to go. The voting done before the end of the season also is bs. Kinda like the heisman voting before the bowl games are played.

Dolphan7
12-31-2008, 07:34 PM
I think it takes longer for a guy to get recognition to go. Then they get a few extra on the back-end of their career when they don't deserve it. Favre obviously doesn't deserve to go. The voting done before the end of the season also is bs. Kinda like the heisman voting before the bowl games are played.Just like the BCS needs a playoff system, I think the pro bowl balloting needs a revamp.

Have players qualify based on this years stats, say the top 10 in each category. then you let the voters vote from thos that qualify, and let them vote after week 17.

This way the right players get nominated, and the stats should speak for themselves. Plus the voters get the complete season to review so we don't have Brett Favre voted in and Penny dissed.

There I fixed it. Problem solved.

djfresh47
01-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Just like the BCS needs a playoff system, I think the pro bowl balloting needs a revamp.

Have players qualify based on this years stats, say the top 10 in each category. then you let the voters vote from thos that qualify, and let them vote after week 17.

This way the right players get nominated, and the stats should speak for themselves. Plus the voters get the complete season to review so we don't have Brett Favre voted in and Penny dissed.

There I fixed it. Problem solved.

I don't think it really matters to be honest. The Pro Bowl is a big thing for some players. Big name guys don't really care. DeAngelo Williams had a great year in every statistic but didn't make it. Partly due because he tore it up later on in the season.

If the NFL wanted to fix the Pro Bowl i'd just ditch it all together. The week before the SB is a good idea and adds incentive to the guys going to radio row. Still the game to me is glorified two-hand touch. I think the game is mostly for younger fans say under the age of 15.

Dolphan7
01-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think it really matters to be honest. The Pro Bowl is a big thing for some players. Big name guys don't really care. DeAngelo Williams had a great year in every statistic but didn't make it. Partly due because he tore it up later on in the season.

If the NFL wanted to fix the Pro Bowl i'd just ditch it all together. The week before the SB is a good idea and adds incentive to the guys going to radio row. Still the game to me is glorified two-hand touch. I think the game is mostly for younger fans say under the age of 15.Yeah I don't think I have ever watched a complete pro-bowl game in my life. Watched a few minutes, then moved on to something else.