PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Nix...

JCane
12-29-2008, 10:26 PM
...is OFFICIALLY out. News broke about two hours ago.

Understand that this is NOT a firing. Nix's contract is up and he will not be given an extension. I'll post more as I get it here over the next few hours.

biggiesmalls3k1
12-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Thank Goodness...makes the L to Cal a bit easier to swallow now...now we can stick to ONE QB and try to get our offense going in the right direction...hopefully we stick to Jacory and start giving some of our playmakers opportunities to flourish downfield...anything on an update on the situation?

JCane
12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
McGriff is gone as well. Also Swasey the strength and conditioning coach but I'm still trying to get some more information on Swasey.

JCane
12-29-2008, 10:46 PM
The only CONFIRMED news tonight is that Patrick Nix is definitely OUT in Miami. McGriff and Swasey are reportedly gone as well but word is Swasey is headed to the professional ranks.

No names have been named by Shannon yet as to possible replacements for Nix but I have to think that he will look again to the Jaguars offensive coordinator, Dirk Koetter. Koetter was the guy Shannon wanted two years but had to settle for Nix at the last minute as Koetter went to Jacksonville for obvious reasons.

Heads have been ROLLING in Jacksonville as of late and it's possible that Koetter is next. Koetter is just MY OPINION and I have NOT heard anything about Koetter from the inside...yet. I simply feel that it is very possible Randy goes back to Koetter.

biggiesmalls3k1
12-29-2008, 10:55 PM
whats ur call on any possibility that former O-Coordinator Chudzinski comes back?? im sure the Browns are gonna clean house...who would u prefer?

JCane
12-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Chud is another name that could find it's way to Miami as he has ties to the program. Chud wouldn't surprise me at all but I think Koetter is more likely since Randy wanted him so badly two years ago. The thing that bothers me about Chud, and it may be nothing, but when was the last time Chud and the Browns scored? I know that obviously the talent in Miami is greater than what he has in Cleveland, but a great mind can get it done with the right scheme. I'm not saying the players at Miami are better than Cleveland, I'm simply saying that the talent in Miami is greater at their level than the talent in Cleveland at their level. Everyone so far is quick to jump up and say, "Anyone is an upgrade." Maybe this is true, but "anyone" won't necessarily get the job done. Randy fully understands that this hire here will ultimately decide his fate in Miami. A competent ofensive coordinator will hide many of the coaching flaws that Randy has. Don't get me wrong, I love Randy Shannon to death and I still think he is absolutely the right guy for this job. However, he isn't the most experienced head coach out there and he is still learning on the job. He needs to be able to trust his right-hand men. He has no worries on the defensive side of the ball with Bill Young commanding the defense. He now needs the same luxury with the offense and Miami will definitely be contending by 2010.

Dolfan3773
12-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Thank god

Jaydog57
12-30-2008, 12:35 AM
:woot: So long Nix. This Bud's for you.:beer1:

Dolfan3773
12-30-2008, 12:37 AM
:woot: So long Nix. This Bud's for you.:beer1:

I like your gif with the UM helmet and the different logos...

d-day
12-30-2008, 12:39 AM
I like your gif with the UM helmet and the different logos...

+1

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Chud is another name that could find it's way to Miami as he has ties to the program. Chud wouldn't surprise me at all but I think Koetter is more likely since Randy wanted him so badly two years ago. The thing that bothers me about Chud, and it may be nothing, but when was the last time Chud and the Browns scored? I know that obviously the talent in Miami is greater than what he has in Cleveland, but a great mind can get it done with the right scheme. I'm not saying the players at Miami are better than Cleveland, I'm simply saying that the talent in Miami is greater at their level than the talent in Cleveland at their level. Everyone so far is quick to jump up and say, "Anyone is an upgrade." Maybe this is true, but "anyone" won't necessarily get the job done. Randy fully understands that this hire here will ultimately decide his fate in Miami. A competent ofensive coordinator will hide many of the coaching flaws that Randy has. Don't get me wrong, I love Randy Shannon to death and I still think he is absolutely the right guy for this job. However, he isn't the most experienced head coach out there and he is still learning on the job. He needs to be able to trust his right-hand men. He has no worries on the defensive side of the ball with Bill Young commanding the defense. He now needs the same luxury with the offense and Miami will definitely be contending by 2010.

I agree with this 100%...

Randy Shannon needs someone credible and qualified to take over the offense...he needs a very good OC to cover up some of his coaching deficiencies....

Randy needs to be there for recruiting.....he needs some excellent football minds and coaches surrounding him that can develope talent on the offensive side of the ball.

It's a shame Gus Malzahn was announced OC at Auburn literally minutes before I heard about Nix...I think he would have been an excellent candidate.

JCane
12-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I agree with this 100%...

Randy Shannon needs someone credible and qualified to take over the offense...he needs a very good OC to cover up some of his coaching deficiencies....

Randy needs to be there for recruiting.....he needs some excellent football minds and coaches surrounding him that can develope talent on the offensive side of the ball.

It's a shame Gus Malzahn was announced OC at Auburn literally minutes before I heard about Nix...I think he would have been an excellent candidate.

You're dead on. A lot of us boosters and Alumni began to discuss Gus Malzahn after the Florida game this year. Then there was the rumor that a "mystery booster" had spoke to Kirby Hocutt and Donna Shalala about paying the salary for Gus Malzahn if Hocutt and Shalala would push for Malzahn's hiring at season's end. This turned out to be false but I thought it was rather funny. Since then, one of the favorites among the boosters etc., is Houston offensive coordinator, Dana Holgorsen.

We'll see what happens but I still believe Randy is more likely to look to Koetter and even Chudzinski. Shannon spoke with Joe Rose of WQAM and shot down the Nix comments about the philosophical differences between the two and stated that he would like to go with more of a pro-set offense with some spread mixed in. That right there, to me, points directly at Chudzinski and Koetter.

I was also "sort of" given some other big information. I had to read between the lines to get it but there's a reason that Rueben Randle wasn't really interested in Miami a month ago and now he is. It's also the same reason that Andre DeBose, a standout recruit from Sanford, Florida, wasn't even remotely interested in Miami a month ago and now all of a sudden we're back in the mix for DeBose as well. You guys are smart, I've sure you can figure out why all of a sudden we're in the running for two of the hottest recruits in the country. Expect this news to drop either the 29th or the 30th is my guess.

Patrick Nix must have put in his 2 week notice...

I'd much rather see Miami land Randle than Oklahoma....but I don't see where it's really a tough decision.

Go to Oklahoma and play for Bob Stoops...in one of the most dynamic offenses in the country. Especially considering Oklahoma's top two weapons at WR (Iglesias and Manuel Johnson) are likely gone.

Or..

Go to Miami...and play in one of the most inept offenses for the better part of 5 years now...not to mention all of the young players Miami already has at WR...

By the way, you were dead on when I said "You guys are smart, I've sure you can figure out why all of a sudden we're in the running for two of the hottest recruits in the country. Expect this news to drop either the 29th or the 30th is my guess."

And I was dead on when saying "expect this news to drop either the 29th or 30th. :lol:

:up:

PATSSUCK
12-30-2008, 03:40 PM

I get where you are coming from, but at the same time you have to look at the team:

1.) Derek Anderson gets hurt and is really not all that great

2.) Brady gets hurt

3.) Dorsey sucks in the NFL ( I want to cut off my tongue for saying this and I have always maintained that the only QB I would be happy for if they beat the fins is Dorsey. The man will be UM hero forever.)

4.) Edwards dropped more balls than ALL the fins receivers. a bit much sure, but too far off

5.) Winslow had a horrible year

TedSlimmJr
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm curious....you accurately predicted the outcome and the date...

I'm assuming this would be no different had Miami won the Emerald Bowl???

CedarPhin
12-30-2008, 04:33 PM
LMAO @ "Philosophy Differences"

JCane
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm curious....you accurately predicted the outcome and the date...

I'm assuming this would be no different had Miami won the Emerald Bowl???

I didn't really "predict" anything. It was a foregone conclusion. There's a lot that I know to be true but if I start telling everyone the facts, then it gets from the inside, to me, to the outside, and then back to the inside. Once it gets back to the inside, information begins to get cut-off—especially if "rumors" can be traced back to sources. I have to pick and choose when to release information because the information travels so quickly in today's media.

As far as winning the Emerald Bowl is concerned, that would not have helped Nix's cause. From what I know, the decision to let Nix walk was made as early as after the Virginia Tech game when the offense could not put away the Hokies. The Georgia Tech game pretty much sealed it. Nix knew going into the final weeks that he was out as the offensive coordinator.

TedSlimmJr
12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
I didn't really "predict" anything. It was a foregone conclusion. There's a lot that I know to be true but if I start telling everyone the facts, then it gets from the inside, to me, to the outside, and then back to the inside. Once it gets back to the inside, information begins to get cut-off—especially if "rumors" can be traced back to sources. I have to pick and choose when to release information because the information travels so quickly in today's media.

As far as winning the Emerald Bowl is concerned, that would not have helped Nix's cause. From what I know, the decision to let Nix walk was made as early as after the Virginia Tech game when the offense could not put away the Hokies. The Georgia Tech game pretty much sealed it. Nix knew going into the final weeks that he was out as the offensive coordinator.

Ok that's what I was confirming....that it WAS already a foregone conclusion...no matter what happened in the bowl game...

UM fans have to be sick and tired of watching this offense perform so terrible game in and game out for 6 years....no matter who the head coach was...

But the defense always seems to throw in the towel too...especially when they're getting beat badly...

Interesting you brought up the GT game as one that helped seal Nix's fate...Coach Shannon didn't look too good there either...neither did Bill Young...

Why would you tell your defense to "tackle high" when facing an option offense like Paul Johnson's...who the hell would tell an undersized defense as it is....to tackle a 235+ pound tank like Jonathan Dwyer level?? I bet Anthony Reddick was like "um..we have a problem.." after his first attempt at that when Dwyer ran his *** over like he was a small child early in the first quarter...

CedarPhin
12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
From what I hear, sounds like Chudzinski is the new OC.

Not a bad hire. I thought he got a bad shake the last time around.

biggiesmalls3k1
12-31-2008, 05:19 PM
hmmm i asked JCane about the prospects of Chud coming back, i guess from my mouth to god's ears ehh? lol...not a bad hire at all, he will implement a pro-style offense and open things up downfield...i believe last time he was here Dorsey was our qb, our offense wasnt doing too bad then...with Chud and Bill Young as our coordinators we are pretty strong in that dept i believe...

CedarPhin
12-31-2008, 05:32 PM
I thought he didn't get a fair shake the last time around.

My only concern is that Harris isn't a pro-style QB, he's more of a fit for a Spread Option, but then again, neither was Marve.

Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

bigmiamifan
01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I came by to see if there was any news on a OC, glad I did. So is this Chudzinski deal done, or just rumors? So glad to see us get back to a pro-style offense. Maybe we'll actually throw to our RBs and TEs now.

JCane
01-04-2009, 01:21 PM
From what I'm hearing from those close to Shannon is that Noel Mazzone, the New York Jets receivers coach has applied for the position. He's also talking with University fo Kentucky quarterbacks coach, Randy Sanders. Students who hang out by the Athletic Department have told me that they believe that Texas assistant coach, Major Applewhite was seen on the campus in Coral Gables. I never got any kind of confirmation about this so I still don't know. A friend of mine contacted me the other night from the Oceanaire in Mary Brickell Village and said that Randy Shannon was having dinner with two men but had no clue who either were and didn't have the balls to snap a photo of the men so that I could figure it out.

Word is, Howard Schnellenberger has a thick list of names for his offensive coordinator. From what I've been told, Schnellenberger's top target was Gary Nord. Nord just took the offensive coordinator gig at Purdue. If Schnellenberger is losing out to Purdue, he'll lose out to Miami if Randy has a couple of guys on his list that Howard is after. The trick is to find out who is on Howard's list and snag him lol. Easier said than done.

In reality, I don't expect this to be a quick process. I think Randy will take his time and make sure he has the right guy for the job and he will then begin locking up recruits soon after and he will use this hire as a focal point of the recruits' visits.

CedarPhin
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Randy Sanders would be a terrible hire.

chrisbaucom
01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Randy Sanders would be a terrible hire.

This is the same Randy Sanders that was run out of UT, right?? I would have rather kept Patrick Nix.....not really, but I agree terrible decision!!!

JCane
01-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Here are a few other names that are being thrown around the Miami circle...

Mike Kruczek
Dana Holgorsen(Sources close to Holgorsen have say that he has in fact been contacted by Miami)
Our very own David Lee(Quarterbacks coach of the Miami Dolphins)

I'm not sure how reliable the source for Holgorsen is, but what I'm hearing from those close to Shannon and Hocutt is that the hire will be a proven X's and O's coordinator familiar with the pro-set—not the spread. I trust my sources close to Shannon and Hocutt more so than those of Holgorsen. Holgorsen, for those unfamiliar, is the offensive coordinator for the Houston Cougars. He's quite similar to Gus Malzahn the current offensive coordinator of Tulsa and soon to be offensive coordinator for Auburn. These two run high performance spread offenses and PASS PASS PASS. So to me, Holgorsen makes NO sense at all with power running backs like Bryce Brown, Mike James, and Lamar Miller coming in for the class of 2009. Randy will utilize these power backs in a pro-set.

Personally, I don't feel that anyone has been interviewed for the vacant position and I feel that Shannon is simply gathering names and looking over resumes. At this point I don't believe that Randy Sanders was ever contacted about the position and I never got conformation about Major Applewhite being spotted on campus either. To me it's all just a bunch of rumors and speculation. I haven't heard anything concrete. All I know is that shannon and Hocutt have both said that they are in no hurry to hire anyone at this point. They want to make sure they get this hire right.

Kdawg954
01-07-2009, 01:31 AM
This is IMO the biggest decision in the turnaround of Hurricane football.

This will determine Shannon's future as head coach of this program. He cannot whiff on this . . . he definitely should take his time.

I still think the defense will be fine, u will start to see a "hurricane caliber" defense next year and in 2010 a top 5 defense in the country. We know the defense will be strong . . . hell his recruiting classes speak volumes.

That offense worries me tho . . . please I hope things work out and we get a proven guy who can run an offense.

JCane
01-07-2009, 01:35 AM
This is IMO the biggest decision in the turnaround of Hurricane football.

This will determine Shannon's future as head coach of this program. He cannot whiff on this . . . he definitely should take his time.

I still think the defense will be fine, u will start to see a "hurricane caliber" defense next year and in 2010 a top 5 defense in the country. We know the defense will be strong . . . hell his recruiting classes speak volumes.

That offense worries me tho . . . please I hope things work out and we get a proven guy who can run an offense.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

CedarPhin
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
This is the same Randy Sanders that was run out of UT, right?? I would have rather kept Patrick Nix.....not really, but I agree terrible decision!!!

That would be the same guy.

By the way, I agree with JCane and KDawg...this is going to be a huge hire for the program going forward.

Holgerson was the OC at TTU, or at least an ***'t there. I wouldn't mind his offense, but if it's Pro-Set, then he'd definitely be out of the running.

fresssh89
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I agree, why would we want to go with the pro set? Our run blocking isn't their yet meaning we need our passing game to open our running game up. We were our most effective this year when we had 4 reciever sets. Were very talented at reciever with Benjamin, Aldarius and Davon Johnson, Byrd,Thearon Collier, and Tommy Steeter and Kendal Thompkin coming in next year from being redshirted. Every time Shannon said he wants to narrow the recivers down, and he just went to Aldarius Johnson or Travis Benjamin every time we lost our effectiveness, where we are most effective using all the guys I just mentioned. The offense needs to be spread out more imo, thats just using what we got.

CedarPhin
01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Not to mention that Harris isn't even a good fit for the Pro-style offense that Shannon apparently wants to run.

fresssh89
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
New York Jets receivers coach Noel Mazzone, Cleveland Browns Assistant Head Coach and Quarterbacks Coach Rip Scherer, recently fired San Diego State Head Coach Chuck Long, University of Houston offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen, Oklahoma State Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach Gunter Brewer, and New Orleans Saints receivers coach and former UM receivers coach Curtis Johnson are all prominent candidates in the early stages of the search. Former Auburn offensive coordinator Al Borges was a candidate but has accepted a job at San Diego State. All these canidates have been contacted or interviewed about the job. Cud see a hire within a week.

Im hoping for either Johnson or Scherer. Johnson was the reciver coach who developed Santana Moss, Roscoe Parish, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Yatil Green, and Darnay Scott. I think he is our guy. Shannon wants a guy from the Nfl and Johnson has been on the best offense Saints for the past couple of years. That wud have to be a selling point to pitch to DeBose and Randle. He is also a great recruiter. He recruited Marshall Faulk.

JCane
01-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Fresh, I'm not so sure Scherer is the guy at all. His offenses have been closer to putrid than decent. If it was my choice to make, I'd take Holgorsen and let him install his variation of the spread offense. To straight hell with this pro-set. College football has evolved. It's important to follow trends some times.

New developments today: Mitch Browning contacted Randy Shannon today to thrown his hat into consideration. This is not to say that he will get an interview but he made it know that he was very interested in the position.

Perfect23
01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Shannon needs to leave

fresssh89
01-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Fresh, I'm not so sure Scherer is the guy at all. His offenses have been closer to putrid than decent. If it was my choice to make, I'd take Holgorsen and let him install his variation of the spread offense. To straight hell with this pro-set. College football has evolved. It's important to follow trends some times.

New developments today: Mitch Browning contacted Randy Shannon today to thrown his hat into consideration. This is not to say that he will get an interview but he made it know that he was very interested in the position.

U might be right imo I think Johnson is our guy. Like I said look how many star WR's he has helped develop and also a great recruiter. Been in New Orleans who has the best offense in the NFL. He wud be a perfect guy to pitch to DeBose and Randle. Doesnt have OC expireince but has won and made a positive influence every where he has went. The main reason I talked about Scherer is cus Shannon said he wants someone with Nfl expirience. Hopefully we can get him here by the time Debose and Randle take their visits even though I am very happy with our recivers. To me Byrd, Aldarius, and Benjamin are a lock for the Nfl and Davon Johnson and Collier will make a case. Hopefully Shannon wont go back to trying to narrow the reciver list down. When he utilzes all them and having the d not knowing who the ball is going to we are our most effective. When he has the ball going to Travis or Aldarius every time or 2 reciver sets we are our least effective.Have u heard on how impressive Streeter and Thompkins look since they redshirted.

JCane
01-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Tommy Streeter was redshirted due to injury. He hasn't even practiced from what I've been told. What 'm hearing about Streeter is that because of his size, he might be used some at the tight end position next season. That kid is 6'6. All Jacory would have to do is lob it up around the goal line and tell Tommy to go a grab it out of the sky. Easy 6 if you ask me. As far as Thompkins, I really have no idea.

JCane
01-09-2009, 04:47 PM
The search for an offensive coordinator is moving forward. As of right now Chuck Long is a strong candidate. Rip Scherer is up there as well. There are three guys who if they want the job will immediately vault to the top of the list: Mike Shula, Rob Chudzinski, and Dirk Koetter. It's not clear if any of these guys would leave the NFL to return to the college ranks but I can you that the University is prepared to pay for a top name offenseive coordinator. The money is in place. I do know for a fact that Chudzinski was in town this week but do not know if he interviewed. At this point, depending on how much the University is willing to pay for this position, I feel like Chuck Long will get this job. He runs the type of offense that Shannon wants to implement here in Miami. It looks like a hire is getting closer...

And by the way, since I haven't commented on it, rot in hell Gators.

TedSlimmJr
01-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Miami has to get outta of it first...lol....

Is Shannon hell bent on a pro style offense?

JCane
01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Shannon is absolutely hell bent on a pro-set style of offense. And this point I don't know if variations of the spread will be tossed in but the base formation will be pro-set. I feel like variations of the spread need to be implemented because that's the trend in collge football and college football is evolving. We can't be stuck running an 80's style offense 100% of the time unless Shannon is 100% positive that our defense can contain the spread offenses so dominate in college football today.

bigmiamifan
01-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for all the updates guys. I can't wait to hear something firm.

finfan3223
01-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see who the new O-coordinator is.

CedarPhin
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Chuck Long would be great.

I wouldn't mind Holgerson either.

Namor
01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
The search for an offensive coordinator is moving forward. As of right now Chuck Long is a strong candidate. Rip Scherer is up there as well. There are three guys who if they want the job will immediately vault to the top of the list: Mike Shula, Rob Chudzinski, and Dirk Koetter. It's not clear if any of these guys would leave the NFL to return to the college ranks but I can you that the University is prepared to pay for a top name offenseive coordinator. The money is in place. I do know for a fact that Chudzinski was in town this week but do not know if he interviewed. At this point, depending on how much the University is willing to pay for this position, I feel like Chuck Long will get this job. He runs the type of offense that Shannon wants to implement here in Miami. It looks like a hire is getting closer...

And by the way, since I haven't commented on it, rot in hell Gators.

JCane...don't let the last name fool you...You don't want Mike
Shula.Great human being,...horrible football mind.
Very predictable...80's style pro-set.
You would have to have a "Ravens" style defense to win,if Mike
has anything to do with the offense.

JCane
01-10-2009, 05:46 PM
JCane...don't let the last name fool you...You don't want Mike
Shula.Great human being,...horrible football mind.
Very predictable...80's style pro-set.
You would have to have a "Ravens" style defense to win,if Mike
has anything to do with the offense.

Yeah lol. A few confused eyebrows were raised when we all got ahold of Mike Shula's name. None of us were very impressed. However, I truly feel that Bill Young will have our defense back to one of the tops in the country again next season. That defense is very young and we have some heavy hitters. It's all just a matter of those kids understanding that complex scheme that he runs.

Either way, no one can be worse than Patrick Nix lol.

CedarPhin
01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
How does the secondary look for next year?

My main concern on this team is still the OL, but the secondary hasn't exactly done a great job in recent years.

JCane
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
We were hoping Anthony Reddick would return for another year because he probably would have qualified for a medical redshirt. Anthony Reddick would have been a monster as a 6th year Senior. He's been my favorite player since we recruited him. I know his brother, Tony, personally. Tony says Reddick is probably going to test the NFL waters but because of knee injuries, I don't think Reddick will be drafted within the first three rounds.

Looks like our secondary will consist of Demarcus Van Dyke and Chavez Grant at cornerback, Ryan Hill at strong safety, and JoJo Nicholas at the free safety. However, keep your eyes on Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee, CJ Holton, and Vaughn Telemaque during spring ball. Harris will be a Sophomore. McGee is being recruited this season, and Holton and Telemaque will be redhsirt Freshman. Holton and Telemaque are scary dudes and heavy hitters. I think by the end of the season, those two will be holding down the secondary. They'll be a poor man's Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. Nasty...nasty kids.

Kdawg954
01-10-2009, 09:48 PM
We were hoping Anthony Reddick would return for another year because he probably would have qualified for a medical redshirt. Anthony Reddick would have been a monster as a 6th year Senior. He's been my favorite player since we recruited him. I know his brother, Tony, personally. Tony says Reddick is probably going to test the NFL waters but because of knee injuries, I don't think Reddick will be drafted within the first three rounds.

Looks like our secondary will consist of Demarcus Van Dyke and Chavez Grant at cornerback, Ryan Hill at strong safety, and JoJo Nicholas at the free safety. However, keep your eyes on Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee, CJ Holton, and Vaughn Telemaque during spring ball. Harris will be a Sophomore. McGee is being recruited this season, and Holton and Telemaque will be redhsirt Freshman. Holton and Telemaque are scary dudes and heavy hitters. I think by the end of the season, those two will be holding down the secondary. They'll be a poor man's Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. Nasty...nasty kids.

U don't see Ray Ray making an impact at Safety early on? I'm guessing it is too early to predict, but I think with his athletic ability he may be able to do some damage in the secondary early on as well.

JCane
01-11-2009, 02:48 AM
U don't see Ray Ray making an impact at Safety early on? I'm guessing it is too early to predict, but I think with his athletic ability he may be able to do some damage in the secondary early on as well.

Actually I do see Ray Ray making an immediate impact. However, I think that impact will be made at the linebacker position. It'll be pretty nasty seeing him and Sean Spence tearing it up together. Hopefully Arthur Brown will see the field more next season.

finfan3223
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Actually I do see Ray Ray making an immediate impact. However, I think that impact will be made at the linebacker position. It'll be pretty nasty seeing him and Sean Spence tearing it up together. Hopefully Arthur Brown will see the field more next season.

I agree. I really hope he starts understanding the schemes because all i heard about this guy coming out of high school is that he's a beast.:hi5:

bigmiamifan
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
You mean we might have a hard hitting safety again? We haven't had that since Taylor.