PDA

View Full Version : I won a golf tournament Friday!!

inFINSible
09-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Okay, officially it was an invitational...(The 2003 Seafood Invitational)....and there weren't any proffessional golfers invited and it was only friends of my father in the tournament but, I won!.....well, technically, it was a two man scramble format, so me and my partner won but, I still got a trophy and a Jacket and 50 bucks!

We shot a 75!! We won by ONE stroke!

After the golf we had a big party and that's where the seafood part came in. A fully catered party with every kind of fresh seafood you can imagine and a steel drum band playing the whole time. There were about 100 people there and it was the first time in my life that I actually got to stand up in front of a crowd of people and be crowned Champion of something. Hey, even though it was a little rinky dink tournament, it still felt pretty good....and considering I finished in LAST place the previous year, I couldn't ask for a better day.

One more interesting thing happened, The host of the tournament is a Dentist and he lives in a nice gated community. before the party, his wife and I went to the store to get some ice. We were coming around the last bend before the gate and some guy waves when we go by.

Guess who??

Jose Canseco! :lol:...Mr. House arrest!...She says he waves at her everytime she goes by (no wonder, she's a beautiful blonde!) and sometimes she sees him and a bunch of guys playing football in the lot next door to his house. She said he's always wearing his little bikini bottoms when he plays!!! I thought that was hilarious!

Anyway, just wanted to share. :cool:Thanks.

Miamian
09-28-2003, 05:13 PM
So when's the photo shoot with Tiger?

inFINSible
09-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Ummm...as soon as he lifts the restraining order I guess...:(

Muck
09-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Was it an evil golf tournament??

Capt. Dick
10-01-2003, 09:33 AM
Man, I wish I could hit the ball good enough to win a tournament. I`m serious!...Congrats inFINS.

inFINSible
10-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Muck
Was it an evil golf tournament??

:confused:

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Man, I wish I could hit the ball good enough to win a tournament. I`m serious!...Congrats inFINS.

Me too!....I had a good partner....:chuckle:.....I did make one birdy all by my self...and saved about 5 pars with some decent putts but, the fact that the guy I played with was also the winner the previous year probably says alot more than I should be tellin'.

;)

M-REAL
10-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Good job buddy! I suck at golf but my friend plays it alot and he's pretty good.

inFINSible
10-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by M-REAL
Good job buddy! I suck at golf but my friend plays it alot and he's pretty good.

You could classify me as "sucks at golf" for the most part....But, the great thing about golf is that at on any given shot, you can hit it just like a pro. The problem is, I only hit that shot about 1 out of every 3.75 tries.:o :D :cool:

mf52dolphin
10-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible

You could classify me as "sucks at golf" for the most part....But, the great thing about golf is that at on any given shot, you can hit it just like a pro. The problem is, I only hit that shot about 1 out of every 3.75 tries.:o :D :cool:

Actually that is a pretty ratio:cool:

I am lucky to do so 1 out of every 10 tries.

inFINSible
10-07-2003, 07:45 AM
bump....strictly for aesthetic reasons...:D

P4E
10-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
bump....strictly for aesthetic reasons...:D
Your aesthetics argument went out the window when you stuck an image of Jose Canseco running around in a banana hammock in my brain! I FEEL ILL!!!

But... congrats on your tourney win.:)