PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Basketball

CedarPhin
12-31-2008, 09:10 PM
What happened to them this year? They were a consensus top 10-if not top 5-pick in the polls.

Now they just lost to UNLV at home, not that UNLV is that bad of a team, but it drops them to 8-3 on the year.

SpaceMountain16
12-31-2008, 09:23 PM
They'll be fine, although they're going to struggle a little bit in conference when they run into the buzzsaw Big East. But they will probably still be a tournament team.

CedarPhin
12-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I think they'll be a Sweet 16/Elite 8 team, they usually start out slow like this and then gain momentum as the season wares on.

Plus, Pitino is their coach.

LouPhinFan
01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
The team lacks focus and maturity. Their preseason ranking was too high. They should have been in the upper teens to start the season. They really miss David Padgett (team leader and starting center from last year). Since point guard Edgar Sosa emerged from Pitino's dog house against UK, he's the key to the season. When he plays well the Cards play well. We'll see what happens.

The most troubling thing about the team is their apparent obstinance at stepping on opponents throats and finishing them off. Look at the UK game last Sunday. They went up 11 and should have won going away by, say, 16 or 17 but they made 4 horrid trips up and down the court on defense and offense and let the wildkittens back into the game. They don't execute very well. Their out of bounds plays are turnovers waiting to happen and they tend to stand around on offense alot.

After the USF game on Wednesday which should be a win, the fun starts. Villanova this Saturday and then Notre Dame on Monday (in Freedom Hall) and Pitt next Saturday (in Freedom Hall).

uga3406
01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
What happened to them this year? They were a consensus top 10-if not top 5-pick in the polls.

Now they just lost to UNLV at home, not that UNLV is that bad of a team, but it drops them to 8-3 on the year.

what happened u ask. Very simple, they r overrated as usual and they dont have a guard who can consitencey knock down a jumper. That was a heck of a shot to beat kentucky by sosa, man i hate kentucky. Anyways, their guard play is average, and once again another Pitino team shotting way 2 many three's..becasue im a uconn fan and a big east fan i hope they can right the ship before its to late...this yr is gonna b tough u have to bring it everything...im curious to see how they will turn it around these next 3 months

LouPhinFan
01-06-2009, 09:04 PM
what happened u ask. Very simple, they r overrated as usual

:rolleyes:

Overrated this year? Yes. As usual? Good one. This was the first year we were preseason top 5 in the Pitino era. It is not "usual" for U of L to be overrated. They weren't "overrated" last year were they?

uga3406
01-07-2009, 02:17 AM
:rolleyes:

Overrated this year? Yes. As usual? Good one. This was the first year we were preseason top 5 in the Pitino era. It is not "usual" for U of L to be overrated. They weren't "overrated" last year were they?

i dont remember them beating uconn last season...that is al lthat counts to me

LouPhinFan
01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
i dont remember them beating uconn last season...that is al lthat counts to me

If that's all that counts, then why are they "overrated as usual"?:lol:

CedarPhin
01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
When was the last time they beat UK? Last year? Seems like UK almost always beats them.

I think they'll make it to the tourney, and UNLV is a pretty good team this year, so it was like losing to Montana or something.

Pitino is a good coach, I think they'll get it turned around.

LouPhinFan
01-07-2009, 03:01 PM
When was the last time they beat UK? Last year? Seems like UK almost always beats them.

I think they'll make it to the tourney, and UNLV is a pretty good team this year, so it was like losing to Montana or something.

Pitino is a good coach, I think they'll get it turned around.

We beat UK last year, but not the year before.

And actually that was the last time U of L will ever play UK in Freedom Hall. Next year the game is in Rupp Arena and then the year after that U of L will be playing in a brand spankin' new downtown arena.

LouPhinFan
01-13-2009, 10:11 AM
U of L 61 'Nova 60

U of L 87 ND 73
in OT

It looks like this team is finally maturing. They've still got a ways to go but they're getting there. The intensity level was through the roof the entire game last night. That's an improvement over the long stretches of games where they would loose focus and intensity. It was pure electricity in Freedom Hall last night. I had trouble going to sleep when I got home from the game. The juices were still flowing...

Big test coming into town for Saturday night's game. #1 Pitt...

We'll see what happens. One thing is for certain, the game is going to be a knock-down-drag-out brawl.

Go Cards!

uga3406
01-13-2009, 11:30 AM
nice wins this past weekend and last night. Big east winner is gonna have to earn ti this year. I say 14-4 wins the regular season. No more days of 16-2 and so on. I thought vs Nova they got some bs calls down the stretch but in the end the right team won. I hate Nova for some reason they r arrogant fans. Notre dame is a good team but they have no depth and if Luke plays bad they r so in trouble, they have a lot of wholes, more then people think.

LouPhinFan
01-13-2009, 12:16 PM
nice wins this past weekend and last night. Big east winner is gonna have to earn ti this year. I say 14-4 wins the regular season. No more days of 16-2 and so on. I thought vs Nova they got some bs calls down the stretch but in the end the right team won. I hate Nova for some reason they r arrogant fans. Notre dame is a good team but they have no depth and if Luke plays bad they r so in trouble, they have a lot of wholes, more then people think.

Yeah, I think Jay Wright is overrated as a coach. Yeah I agree, I think 4 losses, maybe even 5 might win the BE.

Notre Dame is such a good outside shooting team. McaLarney was automatic from downtown. He shot us right out of that 2-3 zone. Luckily we clamped down on him in the second half and OT. Playing them up there on Feb. 12 will be interesting.

djfresh47
01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
We beat UK last year, but not the year before.

And actually that was the last time U of L will ever play UK in Freedom Hall. Next year the game is in Rupp Arena and then the year after that U of L will be playing in a brand spankin' new downtown arena.

The year before didn't Sparks get fouled on a 3 point shot to win the game? Big East teams are going to lose some games. The conference is too good. The ACC has started strong. Clemson does start strong seemingly every year then plays with their hands around their necks.

Kentucky is a better team than last year but the problem with that game is Louisville turning the ball over twice with about 30 seconds to go.

LouPhinFan
01-13-2009, 01:03 PM
The year before didn't Sparks get fouled on a 3 point shot to win the game? Big East teams are going to lose some games. The conference is too good. The ACC has started strong. Clemson does start strong seemingly every year then plays with their hands around their necks.

Kentucky is a better team than last year but the problem with that game is Louisville turning the ball over twice with about 30 seconds to go.

That game was a few years ago in Freedom Hall. Yeah he got fouled on that shot, but he also shuffled his feet before he went up for the shot. The didn't make the call.

U of L lost focus at the end of the UK game. They started coasting and to UK's credit they didn't give up. I think the team learned a valuable lesson from that game. DON'T COAST...EVER!

uga3406
01-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I think Jay Wright is overrated as a coach. Yeah I agree, I think 4 losses, maybe even 5 might win the BE.

Notre Dame is such a good outside shooting team. McaLarney was automatic from downtown. He shot us right out of that 2-3 zone. Luckily we clamped down on him in the second half and OT. Playing them up there on Feb. 12 will be interesting.

notre dame gets way to many calls at their place. I know uconn plays there i think next sat at thier place. i would love to be the team that ends that stupid home winning streak of theirs...pitt is beatable, u have to beat their defense down the court and mus and this is a big must keep blair off the boards..let that kid jennings defend him and use some fouls...also their guard play is not as great as everyone thinks..fields will turn it over here and there..good luck vs pitt

LouPhinFan
01-16-2009, 09:22 AM
For this Saturday's game against #1 Pitt:

The University of Louisville will honor its 1983 NCAA Final Four team at halftime of the Cardinals' Jan. 17 game against Pittsburgh. Prior to the game, members of the team will be available for autographs in Freedom Hall from 430-5:30 p.m. A commemorative poster will be available as an insert in Saturday's game program.

The 1982-83 Cardinals posted a 32-4 record, won the Metro Conference title with a perfect 12-0 mark, and won its last 16 straight games before falling to Houston in the NCAA national semifinals. That game, which featured U of L's "Doctors of Dunk" against the Cougars' "Phi Slamma Jamma," is the highest rated college basketball game other than a national title game.

Four of the five members of the starting five from that team and at least five additional team members are expected to attend the event, in addition to Hall of Fame Coach Denny Crum.

Guard Milt Wagner, leading scorer on that team and the Cards' No. 5 all-time scorer (1,836 pts.), will be unable to attend as he currently serves as an assistant coach at UTEP. UTEP plays at East Carolina on Jan. 17.

I love the '83 team. They beat UK in the regionals that year on their way to the Final Four. It was the first time in like 25 years that we had played UK because they refused to play us even though Denny kept trying to schedule them.

That game against Houston is one of the few college basketball games that lived up to its hype.

LouPhinFan
01-17-2009, 11:08 PM
69 - 63

There will be a new #1 team in the land on Monday.

GO CARDS!!!

uga3406
01-18-2009, 01:52 AM
nice win i thought your boy sosa for sure was gonna blow it...great job...

CedarPhin
01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
They've beaten 3 ranked teams in a row haven't they?

Dook probably ends up at 1 to start this week, but there's no reason that Louisville shouldn't be top 5. They're playing unreal ball right now.

uga3406
01-19-2009, 12:54 AM
i think wake should be # 1 ..i so puke vs gtown on sat and came awya not impressed...a physical team w/ good insdie presence can beat them..i think the cards move from # 20 to atleast # 10...some where in that direction

CedarPhin
01-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Duke's main problem has been that they can't get consistent play from the frontcourt. They have that Zoubek guy, but he's a stiff.

They'll lose in the first two rounds of the tourney again. Year in and year out, they're the most overrated team in America.

LouPhinFan
01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, Duke hasn't been overly impressive since the late 1990's. They haven't had a real dynamic big man in quite sometime. I guess you could count Sheldon Williams, but he's wasn't dynamic on the offensive end of the court. They're just a solid team that isn't flashy enough to garner much attention anymore. They'll have another early exit from the big dance in March.

I suspect U of L will be ranked at #10 or #9 when the polls come out today. That's just where they need to be right now. They play at Rutgers on Wednesday night and then have a tough one at 'Cuse on Sunday. I expect them to beat Rutgers, but I think they'll lose to 'Cuse.

CedarPhin
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
I think the last decent big guy that Dook had was Battier or Boozer. Not much since.

UL could easily win their next two games. Rutgers isn't that great, and Syracuse is overrated.

LouPhinFan
01-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I think the last decent big guy that Dook had was Battier or Boozer. Not much since.

UL could easily win their next two games. Rutgers isn't that great, and Syracuse is overrated.

Overrated for where they are ranked now, yes. But they're still a very good team and they're playing at home. We have been playing well on the road as most defensive teams do, but we've got to lose sometime and I think at Syracuse is going to be the first one. I think a home loss to UConn (Feb. 2) is a possiblity and an away loss to G-town (Feb. 23) is possible too. At ND (Feb. 12), at Cincy (Feb. 21) and home against Marquette (March 1) are games we should win, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us lose.

uga3406
01-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Overrated for where they are ranked now, yes. But they're still a very good team and they're playing at home. We have been playing well on the road as most defensive teams do, but we've got to lose sometime and I think at Syracuse is going to be the first one. I think a home loss to UConn (Feb. 2) is a possiblity and an away loss to G-town (Feb. 23) is possible too. At ND (Feb. 12), at Cincy (Feb. 21) and home against Marquette (March 1) are games we should win, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us lose.

I think u can beat my Huskies, something about them..i cant put my finger on it but they r not playing as well as they should...beat the hall by 15 should of crushed them by 25 or more...

LouPhinFan
01-20-2009, 10:57 PM
I think u can beat my Huskies, something about them..i cant put my finger on it but they r not playing as well as they should...beat the hall by 15 should of crushed them by 25 or more...

To be honest I haven't seen UConn yet this season. I keep meaning to catch one of their games, but I've been so busy over the past few weeks.

LouPhinFan
01-25-2009, 04:29 PM
The 'Cuse goes down. Another road Big East win. The offense is starting to come around. They didn't shoot very well in the second half of this game, but the shooting has steadily improved over the past few games.

I've never been a big Terence Williams fan. I always thought his game was too erratic. He was just as likely to throw the ball in the 3rd row as we was hitting an open teammate with a chest pass. He fell in love with his jumpshot even though he wasn't a great shooter because he lacked touch. I don't know what they did to his shot, but he has touch on all of his jumpshots that he never has had before. He's still not an all-world shooter, but he's reliable. His errant passes have gone down as well. He's playing like an All-American right now, and sometime before the season is over he's going to have a triple-double or 2.

This team is looking better every game. They'll stumble along the way somewhere, but they are a national title contender.

uga3406
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
The 'Cuse goes down. Another road Big East win. The offense is starting to come around. They didn't shoot very well in the second half of this game, but the shooting has steadily improved over the past few games.

I've never been a big Terence Williams fan. I always thought his game was too erratic. He was just as likely to throw the ball in the 3rd row as we was hitting an open teammate with a chest pass. He fell in love with his jumpshot even though he wasn't a great shooter because he lacked touch. I don't know what they did to his shot, but he has touch on all of his jumpshots that he never has had before. He's still not an all-world shooter, but he's reliable. His errant passes have gone down as well. He's playing like an All-American right now, and sometime before the season is over he's going to have a triple-double or 2.

This team is looking better every game. They'll stumble along the way somewhere, but they are a national title contender.

very nice win..but how about some credit to my huskies...told u notre dame was a joke..they r a two headed monster and kyle stunk it up last night...that mon game in two weeks might be aweosme with a captila A ..

LouPhinFan
01-25-2009, 11:34 PM
very nice win..but how about some credit to my huskies...told u notre dame was a joke..they r a two headed monster and kyle stunk it up last night...that mon game in two weeks might be aweosme with a captila A ..

Yep that was a good win by UConn. ND lacks athleticism so if they have an off night shooting the basketball then they're cooked.

I'll be there February 2. I can't wait!

CedarPhin
01-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Looks like all it took was me making fun of Louisville.

Haha.

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 02:02 PM
ULs making WVU look silly right now.

LouPhinFan
01-31-2009, 03:22 PM
ULs making WVU look silly right now.

They didn't play very well in the second half and they had 24 turnovers for the game. Not Louisville's best game, but they can't play well every game.

Bring on UConn!

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Damn, it was like a 20 point lead, and they only ended up winning by 6.

Good win for them. Are they 8-0 in BE play now?

LouPhinFan
01-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Damn, it was like a 20 point lead, and they only ended up winning by 6.

Good win for them. Are they 8-0 in BE play now?

Yep, and they went undefeated in the month of January.

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Hopefully for them they can sustain it for the rest of the season. Marquette's going to be tough, as is UConn.

LouPhinFan
01-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Hopefully for them they can sustain it for the rest of the season. Marquette's going to be tough, as is UConn.

I fully expect them to drop 2 or 3 games between now and the big dance. They don't play very well in Madison Square Garden, so I don't expect them to win the BE tournament.

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Syracuse will probably win it again. Seems like they really do subpar during the season, and when the BE tourney comes around, they always kill it.

Amazing.

CedarPhin
02-01-2009, 03:43 PM
That UNLV loss doesn't look too bad. The Rebels are a pretty solid squad this year.

uga3406
02-02-2009, 01:02 AM
are you ready for mon night, it will be a good one...good luck

LouPhinFan
02-02-2009, 08:27 AM
are you ready for mon night, it will be a good one...good luck

Yep. I'll be getting to Freedom Hall around 6 PM. Its going to be awesome! Good luck!

uga3406
02-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Now thats what I call an A** wooping!

LouPhinFan
02-03-2009, 08:00 AM
The Good:

I walked within 2 feet of Erin Andrews last night. She smells good.

Terence Williams and Preston Knowles came to play.

UConn's defense - Thabeet makes their defense go. They can pressure the wings and not worry about back door cuts or drives because he's back there and will swat anything that goes towards the basket. Players like him are a dying breed in basketball now.

The first 5 minutes of the game. Louisville was doing exactly what they needed to do to win the game. But they only did it for 5 minutes.

Adrien is pretty good. He's a "grade A" butthole, but he's good.

The Bad:

ONLY Terence Williams and Preston Knowles came to play.

Earl Clark - Yeah, he's overrated. You can have all the "potential" in the world but if you're soft and lack intensity then you're never going to be as good as you could be. He was a complete non-factor the entire game.

Louisville's lack of aggression on the offensive end. Thabeet got into their heads.

Samardo Samuels needs to check his diaper. It probably needs to be changed.

The Ugly:

25 - 2. That's the freethrow discrepancy. I'll split the blame 50 - 50 between U of L's lack of aggressiveness on the offensive end and the rather poor officiating. 2 freethrows the entire game and at home no less. There's not any team in the country that can win when that happens.

------------------------------------------------------

Almost the entire Louisville team disappeared. We played about as poorly as a team as we could have, aside from T-Will and Knowles. Hopefully we'll get another crack at UConn in the BE Championship game. Sometimes there's nothing more cathartic than getting your butt kicked. Hopefully the team learns from this and grows over the next 4 weeks.

Pitino said he's going to start toying with the lineup to get a little more athletic. He wants to score more off the press since we aren't a very good offensive team. He said he's going to start Terence Jennings (the back up center that was giving Thabeet some of his own medicine) at the 5 spot and Preston Knowles at the 2 spot on Sunday at St. John's. We'll see what happens.

It was a good game by UConn, they're an excellent team. Kudos to them. Good luck to them the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll meet them again in the BE tournament.

uga3406
02-03-2009, 09:55 AM
The Good:

I walked within 2 feet of Erin Andrews last night. She smells good.

Terence Williams and Preston Knowles came to play.

UConn's defense - Thabeet makes their defense go. They can pressure the wings and not worry about back door cuts or drives because he's back there and will swat anything that goes towards the basket. Players like him are a dying breed in basketball now.

The first 5 minutes of the game. Louisville was doing exactly what they needed to do to win the game. But they only did it for 5 minutes.

Adrien is pretty good. He's a "grade A" butthole, but he's good.

The Bad:

ONLY Terence Williams and Preston Knowles came to play.

Earl Clark - Yeah, he's overrated. You can have all the "potential" in the world but if you're soft and lack intensity then you're never going to be as good as you could be. He was a complete non-factor the entire game.

Louisville's lack of aggression on the offensive end. Thabeet got into their heads.

Samardo Samuels needs to check his diaper. It probably needs to be changed.

The Ugly:

25 - 2. That's the freethrow discrepancy. I'll split the blame 50 - 50 between U of L's lack of aggressiveness on the offensive end and the rather poor officiating. 2 freethrows the entire game and at home no less. There's not any team in the country that can win when that happens.

------------------------------------------------------

Almost the entire Louisville team disappeared. We played about as poorly as a team as we could have, aside from T-Will and Knowles. Hopefully we'll get another crack at UConn in the BE Championship game. Sometimes there's nothing more cathartic than getting your butt kicked. Hopefully the team learns from this and grows over the next 4 weeks.

Pitino said he's going to start toying with the lineup to get a little more athletic. He wants to score more off the press since we aren't a very good offensive team. He said he's going to start Terence Jennings (the back up center that was giving Thabeet some of his own medicine) at the 5 spot and Preston Knowles at the 2 spot on Sunday at St. John's. We'll see what happens.

It was a good game by UConn, they're an excellent team. Kudos to them. Good luck to them the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll meet them again in the BE tournament.

Erin Andrews: Im jealous that you got that close to her...super jealous...she looks hott, I wodner how many coaches must hit on her lol

Terence Williams is amazing..he has been on fire and will easily be a lottery pick and 1st team big east...Your right about Clark, I have a friend who thinks he take to many jump shots, I guess he was right...That is the way Adrien plays with emotion, I cant blame him, I rather have a player like that then be passive and not energetic...I have seen Samuels a few times now and always came awya more impressed with Jennings, Samuels just needs more time thats all but your right he needs to man up...the free throw is nothing new to me, the Huskies are always shooting mnay more free throws then their opponents, they have the least amount of fouls called on them in the nation and they always r aggreesive going to the hoop, as u can see they r not a 3 point shooting team but u dont need to be to win...a sat night matchup in the be tourney would b fine with me, good luck rest of the way....

CedarPhin
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I think Marquette is going to win the BE.

uga3406
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I think Marquette is going to win the BE.

:lol::lol::lol: your kidding right...they lost at south florida and if they dont make thier 3 pointers they r done...pitt is better then them and so is louisville

LouPhinFan
02-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Yikes, that was ugly. I can't be surprised though, ND had alot of pent-up rage from their 7 game losing streak. But still, 33 points, really?

Terence Williams has got to get health...

CedarPhin
02-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice way to bounce back against DePaul today.

LouPhinFan
02-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice way to bounce back against DePaul today.

Yeah, I saw the score. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game as I was on vacation in Tampa, FL. I was able to see the Providence game though since it was on ESPN2. The win against Cincy was big today as well. I can't wait for Monday night's showdown against G-town.

LouPhinFan
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Its officially a "white-out" game for tomorrow's contest against Marquette. Word is that the Cards will be rocking some 1960's retro jerseys sans the short shorts. Pitino may be dawning his world famous white linen suit as well.

Its going to be fun. I'll be there. If they show a shot of the pep band and you see a tall trumpet player with a goatee holding a horn that is copper colored instead of silver, then that's me. Word is I've gotten some facetime on CBS before.

GO CARDS!!!

LouPhinFan
03-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Pitt just beat UConn 70 - 60. If U of L beats WVU tonight then they're outright regular season Big East champs. Amazing!

uga3406
03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Pitt just beat UConn 70 - 60. If U of L beats WVU tonight then they're outright regular season Big East champs. Amazing!

the only reason u were regualr season champs is becasuse u played no 1 good in conf play..enjoy it now cause u arent winning the big east tourney :lol::lol:

CedarPhin
03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
I wonder if they'll be a #1 seed in the NCAAs?

CedarPhin
03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Gotta give credit to Pitino..every year his teams start out fairly slow..every year they finish with a bang.

djfresh47
03-10-2009, 07:40 PM
The Big East is loaded. I think Louisville and UConn are final 4 teams. I'm not as sold on Pitt.

On a sidenote the other team in the state of Kentucky maybe looking for a new coach for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

CUBANBADGUY
03-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah what did happen?

CedarPhin
03-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I think the Ville is going to win this BE tourney and clinch a #1 seed. They're solid right now.

LouPhinFan
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I'd almost rather be the first #2 seed rather than the 4th #1 seed. I want to be sure we play in Dayton and then Indy.

LouPhinFan
03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
the only reason u were regualr season champs is becasuse u played no 1 good in conf play..enjoy it now cause u arent winning the big east tourney :lol::lol:

Regular season champ is a regular season champ. All the BE teams played each other, so I don't want to hear it. Its a tired, lame argument.

Not winning the BE tournment? I'm glad you can see the future. What's the stock market doing tomorrow?

LouPhinFan
03-13-2009, 06:22 AM

I know one team that definitely won't win the BE tournament...

UConn :lol::lol:

CedarPhin
03-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Ville is down 4 in the 2nd half..about 17 mins left to play.

CedarPhin
03-13-2009, 08:24 PM
L-Ville's made an 8 point turnaround..they're now up 4.

CedarPhin
03-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks like the Cardinals are going to take this thing. On to the BE Title Game tomorrow night. They just completely took over the 2nd half.

CedarPhin
03-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Louisville wins, plays the Syracuse/WVU winner tomorrow.

LouPhinFan
03-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Simply amazing. This team is baffling sometimes. They can play like absolute bat-s**t for 15 minutes and then play like national championship contenders for the next 20.

Bring on the Orangemen!

LouPhinFan
03-15-2009, 12:29 AM
..enjoy it now cause u arent winning the big east tourney :lol::lol:

:lol2:

uga3406
03-15-2009, 12:33 AM
:lol2:

gee u had such a hard road there..lets see..providence :lol: then nova :lol: then cuse after what 7 ots and playing 4 days in a row good luck in tourney call me when u win it all :lol: hell i like our chances better then yours seeing then that uconn w/ be with memphis most likely and u will be w/ mich st or duke hhaha now thats funny :lol:

LouPhinFan
03-15-2009, 12:44 AM
gee u had such a hard road there..lets see..providence :lol: then nova :lol: then cuse after what 7 ots and playing 4 days in a row good luck in tourney call me when u win it all :lol: hell i like our chances better then yours seeing then that uconn w/ be with memphis most likely and u will be w/ mich st or duke hhaha now thats funny :lol:

You speak of things that U of L could not control. Its not our fault Pitt and UConn couldn't take care of business.

Call me when UConn gets knocked out in the second round by a cinderella because Thebeet gets into foul trouble and they can't play defense without him and then they can't hit the outside shots to win the game.

Also, these (. ! ?) are called punctuation marks. You end sentences with them. It makes your posts easier to read.

CedarPhin
03-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Memphis is a tough team...they just get a lower rep because of the conference they play in. They're probably the best team in the tourney defensively this year.

Dook and MSU are good matchups for L-Ville.

uga3406
03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
You speak of things that U of L could not control. Its not our fault Pitt and UConn couldn't take care of business.

Call me when UConn gets knocked out in the second round by a cinderella because Thebeet gets into foul trouble and they can't play defense without him and then they can't hit the outside shots to win the game.

Also, these (. ! ?) are called punctuation marks. You end sentences with them. It makes your posts easier to read.

Where have you been hiding? What were you saying about UConn losing in the 2nd round. I believe the Huskies are going to the final four unlike the Cards but hey you guys are happy right? You were pumping your chests over your regular season and Big East championships. Look what that got ya. Absolutely nowhere :lol:

LouPhinFan
03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Where have you been hiding? What were you saying about UConn losing in the 2nd round. I believe the Huskies are going to the final four unlike the Cards but hey you guys are happy right? You were pumping your chests over your regular season and Big East championships. Look what that got ya. Absolutely nowhere :lol:

Stay classy, uga3406. UConn has a shot at the title, good for them and good luck.

Oh and nice recruiting violations. :up: How else to you think Calhoun actually gets kids to come to Storrs? There's nothing there except UConn...

uga3406
03-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Stay classy, uga3406. UConn has a shot at the title, good for them and good luck.

Oh and nice recruiting violations. :up: How else to you think Calhoun actually gets kids to come to Storrs? There's nothing there except UConn...

come on now please no sour grapes. I happen to be on the Louisville board and saw all those great classy fans smearing UConn. Saying that they wanted Missouri to win so they could play the Tigers instead of the Huskies. Well now they don't have to worry. They got what was coming to them. Lucky I will spare you since you a Dolphins fans but they got what was coming. Even Michigan St. players said you guys fans and team were talking way to much and pumping your chest. I am not going to declare a UConn national title but I will say I was rooting for you guys aganist creepo izzo and his ugly wife. I hate the fact that some of your fans and others are like that. No reason to be, Big East would of had 3 teams and most likely LVille-UConn matchup round 2 would of been fun.