01-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Just reported on ESPN First and Ten. Pennington was more deserving. :rolleyes:

burger13
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
National Volleyball League?

With his height, i could see it.

jtrules99
01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
wtrvr i guess it couldve gone either way, but the thing is peyton manning had so many terrible games this season also. he had i think at least 3 games in which he had at least 3 ints. but as much as ppl say that pennington is the reason we r where we r today, which is true, the colts without peyton manning would be atrocious. if u take peyton out of there lineup, and replaced him with sorgi or jarrod lerenzon, and then take penny out of r lineup and had mccown starting at the beggining of the season for us, i think we would be better then the colts. that is how much peyton means to the colts team in general. its ok though, im sure chad would much rather get a superbowl ring then mvp, so if we can get that, this wont matter at all. LETS GO FISH BABY.

Roman529
01-02-2009, 01:18 PM
National Volleyball League?

With his height, i could see it.

NVL :lol:

I fat fingered the keyboard and meant to hit that letter above the "V" and slight to the left. :d-day:

Roman529
01-02-2009, 01:22 PM
wtrvr i guess it couldve gone either way, but the thing is peyton manning had so many terrible games this season also. he had i think at least 3 games in which he had at least 3 ints. but as much as ppl say that pennington is the reason we r where we r today, which is true, the colts without peyton manning would be atrocious. if u take peyton out of there lineup, and replaced him with sorgi or jarrod lerenzon, and then take penny out of r lineup and had mccown starting at the beggining of the season for us, i think we would be better then the colts. that is how much peyton means to the colts team in general. its ok though, im sure chad would much rather get a superbowl ring then mvp, so if we can get that, this wont matter at all. LETS GO FISH BABY.

If Chad did as many commercials as Peyton he would have won the award. I watched the Houston Texans give away a 17 point lead over INDY with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Rosenfels pretty much gave them the game, and had the Colts lost this game that could have/should have ended their season. They just got on a roll, but it was not more impressive than what Chad and the Phins did this year.

shula_guy
01-02-2009, 02:42 PM
They gave Chad the comeback player award to make room for manning. Of those two awards they were both deserving of them and they ended up splitting them.

3Ply Stagliano
01-02-2009, 06:31 PM
It's a tough call who merits the MVP award. I don't think Pennington deserves it as much as Manning.

If you look at it in terms of 'The player who makes the biggest positive difference to his team', it's hard to argue against Manning. If you perceive it as 'The player who played best over the course of the entire season', it's probably not Manning. I tend to view Most Valuable Player as the former. That's what the 'value' bit suggests to me. You could argue that Drew Brees was the best offensive player in the league but he probably wasn't as valuable as Manning. Manning's value was high enough to be able to get his team to the playoffs on the back of a nine game winning streak.

Without Manning, the Colts most likely wouldn't have done very well at all this year. Without Pennington, Miami would have been worse than they were but not to the same extent. At least Miami has a passable run game.

djfresh47
01-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I would've given it to Matt Ryan or AP.

Breed
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I would've given it to Matt Ryan or AP.

You must be biased against Manning.

Matt Ryan, while great for a rookie, wasn't the Falcons offense. The Falcons rushing ofense ranked 2nd in attempts, 2nd in yards, 9th in YPC and 3rd in touchdowns. Matt Ryan also only threw it 434 times.

If I'm voting for a RB as MVP, he should come close to the lead league in most rushing categories. With Peterson, he had the yards and the averages, but he had 8 fewer touchdowns than the NFL leader. Leading the NFL in fumbles (9), and fumbles lost (4) didn't help his cause. Don't get me wrong, Peterson was deserving of consideration, and if I could choose one RB to have on my team, it would be him, but he wasn't as valuable to his team as Manning.

I guess it's a good thing the Saints didn't make the Playoffs, because if they did, the MVP award wouldn't even be worth discussing.