PDA

View Full Version : Who else is rooting for the BOLTS!

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Go chargers, if they can handle the colts and the titans it would at least keep us alive to have a second home playoff game...so go chargers!

Tetragrammaton
01-03-2009, 04:43 PM
The Colts winning out would mean the same thing for us.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 04:44 PM
The Colts winning out would mean the same thing for us.
I no but u would rather play the colts? Sorry not me.

milldog
01-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Can't believe that all 4 playoff games this weekend, the home team is the underdog in all 4 games. Wow!!!

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
While it would be nice for us to have a second playoff game at home, it's possible without the Chargers winning as well. And a large part of me wants San Diego to be punished for replacing Marty Schottenheimer after winning 14 games...and doing so with Norv Turner, a notoriously bad head coach.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 04:49 PM
While it would be nice for us to have a second playoff game at home, it's possible without the Chargers winning as well. And a large part of me wants San Diego to be punished for replacing Marty Schottenheimer after winning 14 games...and doing so with Norv Turner, a notoriously bad head coach.
And again thats why i say go chargers, best chance for us to win another game down the road (fingers crossed)

Dolphins12thMan
01-03-2009, 04:49 PM

I think the colts would have a better shot at taking out the titans, thus giving us AFC Championship game at home (assuming we win out of course). If the bolts win, I dont see them beating Tenn, giving Tenn the AFC Championship game. GO COLTS!!!!

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 04:50 PM

Here's two reasons the Colts might be a better matchup:

1. The Colts can't run the football, whereas Ladainian is starting to regain his stride for the Chargers. He sure didn't have it during our first matchup, and the Chargers are better now than when we beat them.

2. We could run the ball on Indianapolis's defense, and part of me salivates at what the Wildcat might do to them. Plus the Chargers have more familiarity with us since they played us this year.

Phinja
01-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Why not? If your going to the superbowl, your gonna have to beat three good teams. Just like the ravens vs phins, just because we beat the chargers once doesn't mean we have a better chance at winning again.

This is the playoffs. It's the definition of any given Sunday.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I think the colts would have a better shot at taking out the titans, thus giving us AFC Championship game at home (assuming we win out of course). If the bolts win, I dont see them beating Tenn, giving Tenn the AFC Championship game. GO COLTS!!!!
I get wat your saying and i sorta agree, only prob is that i think it is a easier game against the titans if the chargers were to lose to them. Colts are the hottest team in the NFL right now and rightfully so. Manning has crept his *** back into the saddle and is cruzin to the superbowl, dont let them pick up anymore steam.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Why not? If your going to the superbowl, your gonna have to beat three good teams. Just like the ravens vs phins, just because we beat the chargers once doesn't mean we have a better chance at winning again.

This is the playoffs. It's the definition of any given Sunday.
So your saying the chargers are better than the colts?

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 04:54 PM
A team doesn't have to be 'better' necessarily to pose a worse matchup for the Dolphins.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 04:57 PM
A team doesn't have to be 'better' necessarily to pose a worse matchup for the Dolphins.
so u think the colts pose a better matchup, i dont think so but ok...U go ahead and pull for us to have a matchup with Peyton, peyton vs. any D is a mismatch on just about any football field and last i checked we dont have amazing DBs.

sask99
01-03-2009, 04:58 PM

1. The Colts can't run the football, whereas Ladainian is starting to regain his stride for the Chargers. He sure didn't have it during our first matchup, and the Chargers are better now than when we beat them.

2. We could run the ball on Indianapolis's defense, and part of me salivates at what the Wildcat might do to them. Plus the Chargers have more familiarity with us since they played us this year.

1. You should leave this site once in a while to find out whats going on in the world. LT has tendon in his groin torn from the bone. He hasn't been ruled out, but its safe to stay he wont be striding anywhere.

2. You didn't mention as a disclaimer that you have a man-crush on Manning.

FORMER FIN1
01-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Colts are as healthy as they have been all season and they've won 10 in a row. Very scary, probably more scary than Baltimore. If we're playin them for the AFC Championship I would be happy.

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 05:00 PM
so u think the colts pose a better matchup, i dont think so but ok...U go ahead and pull for us to have a matchup with Peyton, peyton vs. any D is a mismatch on just about any football field and last i checked we dont have amazing DBs.

The Chargers offense isn't exactly anemic, you know. And they're starting to run the ball effectively, which gives them multiple dimensions.

Peyton is definitely having a great year after a slow start, but if they wind up throwing every down, it isn't as hard to gameplan.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 05:01 PM
anyone who hopes to play the colts over the chargers are nuts.

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 05:02 PM
1. You should leave this site once in a while to find out whats going on in the world. LT has tendon in his groin torn from the bone. He hasn't been ruled out, but its safe to stay he wont be striding anywhere.

2. You didn't mention as a disclaimer that you have a man-crush on Manning.

You are so adorable. Thanks for trying to bait me!

kcbrown
01-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I cannot root for a loser who's been handed multiple head coaching jobs like Norv Turner. Go Dungy!

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 05:03 PM
anyone who hopes to play the colts over the chargers are nuts.

Is it really necessary to label everybody that disagrees with you rather than just expressing the fact that you disagree?

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 05:04 PM
The Chargers offense isn't exactly anemic, you know. And they're starting to run the ball effectively, which gives them multiple dimensions.

Peyton is definitely having a great year after a slow start, but if they wind up throwing every down, it isn't as hard to gameplan.
i know they arnt but they also have norv turner and a so so D this year. The colts on the other hand have prob the best QB ever to take the field and a great few players to hook up with. By the way there D is pretty good. I will take my chances against the bolts then go against Manning and that D.

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
And for what it's worth everyone, I didn't say that I definitely thought the Colts ARE a better matchup...but just wanted to give some reasons that they might be.

Truthfully, anybody with a potent offense will be a challenge for us in the playoffs due to our defense (which is good, but can be picked apart)

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Is it really necessary to label everybody that disagrees with you rather than just expressing the fact that you disagree?

why would you want to play a team that has a better chance at beating us? anyone who wouldnt want to give our fins the best chance is nuts.

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 05:06 PM
i know they arnt but they also have norv turner and a so so D this year. The colts on the other hand have prob the best QB ever to take the field and a great few players to hook up with. By the way there D is pretty good. I will take my chances against the bolts then go against Manning and that D.

I can respect that...I just don't necessarily agree that the Chargers will be much easier to beat than the Colts.

The Colts defense is good, but their run defense is suspect. They gave up over 120 yards per game and 18 TDs on the ground.

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 05:07 PM
why would you want to play a team that has a better chance at beating us? anyone who wouldnt want to give our fins the best chance is nuts.

Just because you believe it gives us the best matchup does not make it fact. It isn't etched in any parthenon that I'm aware of.

CaliSDFin
01-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I live in San Diego...get this team out of the playoffs. I can't wait to see the Colts dominate them.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Just because you believe it gives us the best matchup does not make it fact. It isn't etched in any parthenon that I'm aware of.

it may not be a fact but it sure be very obvious to the even AVERAGE football fan that the colts are leaps and bounds better than the chargers, there is a reason y the chargers are 8-8 , they arnt that good.

Sunny Fish
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
I can understand everyone rooting for what they think is a "better" matchup, but to tell you the truth it doesn't matter who we play at this point. This is the playoffs and we have got to be better than whoever is standing in front of us. If we can't beat the Chargers, we don't deserve the next level. The same goes for beating the Colts.
We have to nut up EVERY week now. Bring on "whoever" and we will just have to deal with it. We will truly see what we are made of. I ain't scared of any of 'em.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I can understand everyone rooting for what they think is a "better" matchup, but to tell you the truth it doesn't matter who we play at this point. This is the playoffs and we have got to be better than whoever is standing in front of us. If we can't beat the Chargers, we don't deserve the next level. The same goes for beating the Colts.
We have to nut up EVERY week now. Bring on "whoever" and we will just have to deal with it. We will truly see what we are made of. I ain't scared of any of 'em.
As i would tend to agree i have to tell ya i want a deep playoff run and would love the strengthen that percentage by anymeans possible. If that means playing the worse of the bunch then so be it.

shula_guy
01-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Im rooting for the chargers for the simple fact that they stole NE's spot and dont deserve to be in the post season. I hope we face them in the afc championship.

kcbrown
01-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't care about the match-up...I want to play whomever is the best team that wins. With our coaching and Chad, I think we can play with anyone. Whether or not we can win it all is another story.

Norv is horrible.
I don't like LT.
Chambers is soft.
I don't like Rivers either.

We would thrash the Colts D if we played them, they don't scare me at all.

(Used to love Marino always killig the Colts.)

Go Phins!

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't care about the match-up...I want to play whomever is the best team that wins. With our coaching and Chad, I think we can play with anyone. Whether or not we can win it all is another story.

Norv is horrible.
I don't like LT.
Chambers is soft.
I don't like Rivers either.

We would thrash the Colts D if we played them, they don't scare me at all.

(Used to love Marino always killig the Colts.)

Go Phins!
really? trash? The colts D isnt soft man.

Tetragrammaton
01-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I would want to play the best teams. If we can't beat them, we don't belong in the Super Bowl.

Bigjbizzle2
01-03-2009, 05:29 PM
not me

kcbrown
01-03-2009, 05:30 PM
really? trash? The colts D isnt soft man.

lol...my bad, a lil Fin homerism took over...there D is good, I just think we can handle Freeney, Brackett, and Sanders.

They are undersized to me. I think we could run wide on them all day.

canesandbhoys
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I am. Go Lightning!!

ChambersWI
01-03-2009, 05:58 PM
1. I don't like Rivers
2.I don't like Norv
3.I don't like how cocky the SD team is
4.I like Dungy
5.I like Bob Sanders

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 06:01 PM
1. I don't like Rivers
2.I don't like Norv
3.I don't like how cocky the SD team is
4.I like Dungy
5.I like Bob Sanders
so wouldnt u want us to boot them outta the playoffs and still play the worse of the 2 teams.

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 06:10 PM
it may not be a fact but it sure be very obvious to the even AVERAGE football fan that the colts are leaps and bounds better than the chargers, there is a reason y the chargers are 8-8 , they arnt that good.

I'll repeat myself again, slowly...

1. Nowhere did I say that the Colts were not a better team than the Chargers. I said they might be a better matchup for our team.

2. Labeling those who disagree with you is an indication of lack of confidence in your own opinion.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I'll repeat myself again, slowly...

1. Nowhere did I say that the Colts were not a better team than the Chargers. I said they might be a better matchup for our team.

2. Labeling those who disagree with you is an indication of lack of confidence in your own opinion.

How are the chargers a better matchup?

say it slowly please it might take a while:rolleyes:

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 06:31 PM
How are the chargers a better matchup?

say it slowly please it might take a while:rolleyes:

I assume you meant "Colts" and not Chargers. I already gave you two reasons that the Colts might be a better matchup. Go back and re-read them, I'm not retyping them.

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 06:33 PM
I assume you meant "Colts" and not Chargers. I already gave you two reasons that the Colts might be a better matchup. Go back and re-read them, I'm not retyping them.
yes i am saying the chargers are a better matchup, arnt u saying the colts are?

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Im confused what am i arguing with you about then?

Metal Panda
01-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Im confused what am i arguing with you about then?

You wrote in your message asking me to explain how the Chargers were a better matchup. You clearly meant to say "Colts".

LordCaldlow
01-03-2009, 06:37 PM
You wrote in your message asking me to explain how the Chargers were a better matchup. You clearly meant to say "Colts".
yes i realize that now , thats why i said "why was i arguing for?" thats all

Phishpunk@WCU
01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Not me, I got money on the colts.

DolFanDon22
01-03-2009, 09:02 PM
NO way, Colts !!!

NO respect for Chargers from me!

Breed
01-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Special teams is the difference in this game. It's not often a punter takes over the game, but that's what Scifres has done, pinning the Colts inside the 5 yard line twice. Then again, allowing 5.25 ypc hasn't helped the Colts cause. For that matter, neither has the 2 false starts and 2 dropped passes (especially the Reggie Wayne drop, that would've put the Colts in field position to get at least a FG).

Breed
01-03-2009, 10:57 PM
You would think the Colts could at least get a yard there. Kind of hard to make play action calls work when your running game is absolute ****....

Breed
01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Wow, the Colts actually converted on a 3rd down running the ball....

Breed
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
If the Chargers come back to win this game, their punter will be the reason why. 5 times now the Colts have been pinned inside the 10 yard line, 4 of those times they were pinned inside the 5 (1 of those at the 1).

Tetragrammaton
01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
The Colts deserve to lose after taking that sack.

DolFanDon22
01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
It's the Crowd/Noise/Loud - Home Field Advantage!

DolFanDon22
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Wow

Roman529
01-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Chargers should have gone for it. Manning is gonna beat them now.

Breed
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
The Colts deserve to lose after taking that sack.

Are you honestly blaming Manning?

Roman529
01-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Al Michaels has to explain the rules of overtime to us.....he must think we are Donovan McNabb???????

shula_guy
01-04-2009, 12:23 AM
4th and 1 was a gut call. I dont know what I would of done

shula_guy
01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
:sidelol:
Al Michaels has to explain the rules of overtime to us.....he must think we are Donovan McNabb???????

GoonBoss
01-04-2009, 12:28 AM

He gained his stride so much he didn't play the second half.

Breed
01-04-2009, 12:30 AM
He gained his stride so much he didn't play the second half.

It doesn't matter if they have L.T. or not, they Chargers have still gained 145 rushing yards and averaged nearly 5 ypc.

Tetragrammaton
01-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Are you honestly blaming Manning?

I don't see where I said that.

GoonBoss
01-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Ball game. Terrible play.

Roman529
01-04-2009, 12:32 AM
They were holding Chambers. Good call.

Breed
01-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Just like the Colts, stupid ****ing plays....

Tetragrammaton
01-04-2009, 12:34 AM
The Chargers are about to wrap this up. They are genuinely dangerous right now.

CA Dolfan
Sproles is scary...

GoonBoss
Dayum. Nice little run.

Roman529
BALL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy for the Chargers. Great game.

GoonBoss
01-04-2009, 12:35 AM
They were holding Chambers. Good call.

Sure were.

Breed
01-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Ball game....

If you can't stop the run, and you can't run the ball, you're going to lose. It doesn't help when the best field position you have all day is at the 30 yard line, and get pinned inside the 10 yard line 5 times, 4 of those inside the 5 (1 of those being at the 1). I feel sorry for Manning, his supporting cast (overall) is ****....

Tetragrammaton
01-04-2009, 12:37 AM
I think San Diego can beat the Titans easily. Of course, that would assume we do our job.

Roman529
01-04-2009, 12:38 AM
The team I was worried about the most (Colts) is gone. We can beat any of these remaining turkeys.

juniorseau55
01-04-2009, 02:09 AM
I already knew they were going to win. Someone in here laughed at me when I made the claim.

Patssuc
01-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Special teams is the difference in this game. It's not often a punter takes over the game, but that's what Scifres has done, pinning the Colts inside the 5 yard line twice. Then again, allowing 5.25 ypc hasn't helped the Colts cause. For that matter, neither has the 2 false starts and 2 dropped passes (especially the Reggie Wayne drop, that would've put the Colts in field position to get at least a FG).

Agreed, Scifres is the MVP of the game.

CA Dolfan
01-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I hope Fields has the same kind of game.

CedarPhin
01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Bolts are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.