PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick one place in the world to live...

iceblizzard69
09-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Where would you pick?

I would pick Maui in Hawaii, it just seems like an awesome place.

Coming close would be South Florida in a house on the ocean between Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach. Australia also seems like an awesome place, espicially Sydney.

Barbarian
10-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Been to Australia, seriously considered moving out there when I got out of the navy, but I just had to come back home to cali.

Clumpy
10-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Western NY :D

Oh wait........I already live here

Scrap
10-01-2003, 07:52 AM
Heather Locklear's house.

Bobby Humphrey
10-01-2003, 11:21 AM
i would have to choose heaven. although I have never been in heaven, I have heard that some pretty hot women live there.

dolphan39
10-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I would pick Maui in Hawaii, it just seems like an awesome place. Maui is awesome and I would live there if I had lots of money (enough for DirectTV and Sunday tix ;) ) and did not need to work; otherwise, I would stick to Stamford, CT

Scrap
10-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
i would have to choose heaven. although I have never been in heaven, I have heard that some pretty hot women live there.

Bobby, get your own idea.Heather Locklear's house WOULD be heaven.

dolphan39
10-01-2003, 12:11 PM
my 2nd choice w/b the Phins cheerleader dressing room :goof:

Bobby Humphrey
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39

my second choice would be muck's closet

Muck
10-01-2003, 03:01 PM
I don't know where I'd live. I haven't really been much of anywhere. I like it here in FLA. I like the east coast. I live about as far north (and west) as I ever want to right now. I like South Florida and can see myself being here for good. So I guess living on South Beach about where Ricky lives would be it for me.

Muck
10-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39

But that's only good for about 3 hours a day, 10 days a year. :(

Muck
10-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
my second choice would be muck's closet

:confused:

Or does Canada suck that bad??

Prime Time
10-01-2003, 03:27 PM
I would stay here in South Florda....it is the best place in the world...and the babes are smoking..

poornate
10-03-2003, 01:53 AM
Nederland, Colorado

dolfan06
10-03-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Where would you pick?

i know i already live here, but if it weren't so darn crowded, i'd choose southern california. the weather here is nice most of the time, we don't get the hurricanes and tornados some of the country gets and its warm year 'round. getting used to earth quakes takes some getting used to and by living here "some assembly may be required!"

where else can you surf in the morning, go off roading in the afternoon and go snow skiing at night. (i hate the cold and snow, you can have it!)

when you go camping, you have a choice. the beach, the pines or the desert!

the place i'm looking to retire in is arkansas or missouri. the people are very friendly and its not crowded like out here. people are always in a hurry and they move around so much you don't know your neighbors.:rolleyes:

Barbarian
10-03-2003, 02:53 AM
What Part of Arkansas?

I have Fmily in Hot prings, real nice place, allthough I have learned that people out there cannot drive worth a damn. LOL

dolfan06
10-03-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian
What Part of Arkansas?

I have Fmily in Hot prings, real nice place, allthough I have learned that people out there cannot drive worth a damn. LOL i'm not sure where that is, i'm moving to rogers arkansas, northwest arkansas to be exact.

the first thing my son said when he moved out there was "make sure your auto insurance is paid up". being on the road when nobody is in a hurry takes some getting used to also!:rolleyes:

Barbarian
10-03-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i'm not sure where that is, i'm moving to rogers arkansas, northwest arkansas to be exact.

the first thing my son said when he moved out there was "make sure your auto insurance is paid up". being on the road when nobody is in a hurry takes some getting used to also!:rolleyes:

LMAO... yep, thts Arkansas! :D

Oh, and Hot Springs is about a half hour or so south west of Little Rock.

dolfan06
10-03-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian

LMAO... yep, thts Arkansas! :D

Oh, and Hot Springs is about a half hour or so south west of Little Rock. little rock is in the middle of the state, isn't it?:confused:

Barbarian
10-03-2003, 04:00 AM
little rock is in the middle of the state, isn't it?:confused:

That is correct, allmost dead center.

dolfan06
10-03-2003, 04:19 AM
i don't know why i'm up so late, gotta get up in less than 3 hours and go to work. i've been living there lately, the guy next to me had an operation on his knee, i worked 11 mon/thurs, 10 friday, 10 sat and 4 sunday, started with 11 mon/thurs, think i'll only work 8 tomorrow and 8 sat and the phins play sunday. good reason not to work. good nite!

Barbarian
10-03-2003, 06:00 AM
i don't know why i'm up so late, gotta get up in less than 3 hours and go to work. i've been living there lately, the guy next to me had an operation on his knee, i worked 11 mon/thurs, 10 friday, 10 sat and 4 sunday, started with 11 mon/thurs, think i'll only work 8 tomorrow and 8 sat and the phins play sunday. good reason not to work. good nite!

I hear that.. I'm at work right now, gonna be here for 12 hours tonight. Since last wednesday I have worked 8 hours Wednesday, 8 hours Thursday, 12 hours friday, 12 hours saturday, 12 hours sunday, off monday, 12 hours tuesday, 12 hours wednesday, and then 12 hours tonight.

Well, at least I got Friday off before 12 hours saturday, and sunday off before 12 hours on monday, tuesday, wednesday, and thursday, friday, and saturday.

then I get 5 days off that I am seriously looking forward too. *sigh*

M-REAL
10-03-2003, 01:59 PM
If I was single, I'd move to Japan. I've seen pics of that place and wow it looks peaceful and plus the women there(for the most part) don't talk back.:lol:

dolfan06
10-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by M-REAL
If I was single, I'd move to Japan. I've seen pics of that place and wow it looks peaceful and plus the women there(for the most part) don't talk back.:lol: plus you'd be taller than almost everybody!;)

Dajesus
10-04-2003, 03:53 AM
I couldn't ever pick just one place to live. I hope to live in at least 10 more states, and 4 more countries before I die. I do know where I want to die. The galupagus(spelling?) islands, hopefully in the NFL offseason. All I am waiting for to make my voyage to the Island is:
1. Dolphins win a Super Bowl
2. Jump out of an air plane, non tandem.
3. White water rafting through the grand canyon.

After those things happen I will be off to the islands with enough coke and herroin to kill a horse.

Peebs
10-04-2003, 10:09 AM
I would like to try living in Vegas. Wild fun all the time. BUT I would miss the Ocean too much and I'd be broke and drunk 24/7.
The maybe Southern Italy on the Mediterranean. It looks wildly romantic. But I would need to learn Italian, fluently and not just the bad words.
Seriously I'll probably end up in So. Florida since 85% of my family has already migrated there.

Baz
10-04-2003, 01:04 PM
My place of choice? South Florida. I want to live in a suburb of Miami. I hate the cold so much, so it makes sense to move there. California is also an option, but Florida has the Dolphins......

Migs182005
10-04-2003, 08:13 PM
So. Florida. No where else ;)

dolfan06
10-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Migs182005
So. Florida. No where else ;) "californie is the place you ought to be, so they loaded up their truck and moved to beverly" everybody and their friggin brother! california just might fall into the ocean with all the weight of the transplants out here!:rolleyes: