PDA

View Full Version : Michael Phelps at the game

DolFan707
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
dude says hes so busy, rejecting million dollar advertising deals...and he comes into our stadium with a ravens jersey on and hugs all the baltimore players. this guy thinks hes a huge celebrity. hes only a swimmer... he could have shot like a 30 second commercial yesterday and made like a million dollars off of it...then donate it to charity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZmHjGN-56k

lol at 3:20. guy is my hero!

cowboy82nd
01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
No offense but, who cares. I don't care if the whole Olympic team was hugging the Ravens. It has NOTHING to due with our PHINS.

PhinsPhan122
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
He's a huge Ravens fan, he's from Baltimore. If he was from Miami and a huge Dolphins fan and went to a road game for us, we would love him. Hell, we would have a 100+ page thread for him. Oh well. We still have Darius Rucker.

GoonBoss
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
dude says hes so busy, rejecting million dollar advertising deals...and he comes into our stadium with a ravens jersey on and hugs all the baltimore players. this guy thinks hes a huge celebrity. hes only a swimmer... he could have shot like a 30 second commercial yesterday and made like a million dollars off of it...then donate it to charity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZmHjGN-56k

lol at 3:20. guy is my hero!

He won the most Olympic golds ever. Not only is he a celebrety, he's history walking. Here's a clue to how big a celebrety he is; What you wrote down. I am not a celebrety. He is. I don't get million dollar offers, he does. Do you?

shaunm000
01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Hes a dork.

KYMDFAN
01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
You really are going to hate on a guy who likes a football team and just happens to be somewhat noticeable in a crowd?

I mean come on man, how insane are you?

shaunm000
01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
You really are going to hate on a guy who likes a football team and just happens to be somewhat noticeable in a crowd?

I mean come on man, how insane are you?

Yeah, i do.

KYMDFAN
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry man not all of us can be Phins fans.... or we would all be a little disappointed today wouldn't we?

SpurzN703
01-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Good for his goofy ***. He's from Baltimore so it's only natural.

Miamian
01-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Give the guy a break, he's entitled to take a time out and enjoy life. Notice all those Dolphins kids that clamored around him; he didn't shrug them off with a "I'm Michael Phelps" attitude. He's one of the best athletes in history and deserves the accolades.

Coral Reefer
01-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Good for his goofy ***. He's from Baltimore so it's only natural.

Yeah..... I don't get the outrage over this.
If he's a Raven fan then he should show up at our stadium to support them.

If he's going to be questioned about anything it should be from Ravens fans themselves on how he's snuggled up to one of the enemies to Ravens nation in Braylon Edwards and his trips to Cleveland to support them.

SpurzN703
01-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Not everyone in the world likes the Dolphins :lol:

JCane
01-07-2009, 08:01 AM
LMAO @ This garbage. We loved him as an American swimmer and didn't even mention the fact that he was a Ravens fan ANYWHERE on this site until Baltimore faced Miami in the playoffs. THEN and ONLY then do some of us have a problem with the guy simply because he supports the franchise based in the city in which he was born.

GET OVER IT GOOBERS.

It's not a big deal. What that guy did at the Olympics was nothing short of spectacular. He's an amazing athlete.

I go to all of the Miami Hurricanes games. Home and away. After the game, I'm down by the locker room, at the buses, chatting it up with players and coaches. Shaking hands. Passing out congratulations. No one bashes me. Why? Because I'm not a celebrity. He is. He most certainly is. Cover of ESPN magazine. SI's Sportsman of the Year. Yeah, that's quite celebrity status.

eger
01-09-2009, 06:32 PM
As some mentioned here he's a legend. But will only be remembered prior to every Olympics. The hoopla will be over soon.

Rdskn4lyf21
01-24-2009, 10:36 AM
"He's only a swimmer."

Yes, in fact he is, but that sounds like jealousy on your part.

ih8brady
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
"He's only a swimmer."

Yes, in fact he is, but that sounds like jealousy on your part.

I think he was pointing out the obvious that pro swimmers have a drop in the ocean of fame and pay compared to their football/basketball/soccer/baseball counterparts. look at Mark Spitz, he was phenomenal but is basicly just an answer to a trivia question to most people

Rdskn4lyf21
01-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I think he was pointing out the obvious that pro swimmers have a drop in the ocean of fame and pay compared to their football/basketball/soccer/baseball counterparts. look at Mark Spitz, he was phenomenal but is basicly just an answer to a trivia question to most people

Maybe so, but the whole post wreaked of jealousy of one thing or another :tantrum: