PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys not conned in Fasano/Ayodele trade?

Cowboys fan
01-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I thought this was interesting because the trade did end up turning into some good players for us. I didn't know this about the draft, and wasn't even aware of the Miami Herald article. For the record, I do still think Fasano is worth much more than a fourth round pick, and felt the only reason he wasn't starting was because the man ahead of him was Jason Witten. Still, I am happy to see him doing well, and involved in an offense that is actually willing to use him. He deserved to be on a team where he could contribute as more than just a blocker. Especially since he was a pass catcher at Notre Dame. Congratulations on your turn around fin fans.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/cowboys-didnt-get-conned-in-anthony-fasa.html

Clipse
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the kind words on the turnaround.

As for the deal, I think it worked out for both teams.

Miami got Fasano and Ayodele for a 4th. Fasano has been a complete stud. He's a pretty good blocker. But as far as receiving goes, I think he just might be one of the best TE's in the league. Ayodele is certainly a solid ILB. Solid in run support, and is easily our best LB in pass coverage. They also mentioned the Ferguson deal. Fergy has been great for our 3-4 this year. But I noticed that the Cowboys drafted Eric Walden with their 6th rounder that we swapped. They cut Walden and the Dolphins picked him up, our Special Teams has been alot better since. Walden is a Special Teams stud, so I think we got the better deal on the Fergy trade.

Cowboys traded away 2 guys who are starting for the Dolphins, and in return got a 4th rounder. With that 4th rounder, they made a few deals and ended up with RB Tashard Choice and CB Orlando Scandrick. I don't know much about Scandrick, but I can tell you that Choice is a stud. Choice and Felix Jones make a great duo. Which brings me to my next point. Marion Barber is now expendable. Barber will soon be on the trading block imo. A team needing a RB will certainly throw a very nice deal at Jerry Jones, for Barber is a talented back. So with that being said, as it stands now, the Fasano/Ayodele trade is even. Cowboys could get the better end of the deal, depending on what they would get for Barber.

djfresh47
01-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I think Martellus Bennett is loaded with potential.

3Ply Stagliano
01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Dallas was probably happy to get anything for a pair of players who they didn't foresee contributing heavily to their team this season. It got rid of their salaries and they got a couple of players out of it themselves. Everybody did well out of it.

Predaphin
01-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Jerry Jones has made a mess of the cowboys.....They traded Fasano and Adoyele for a 4th (Fasano alone was well worth the 4th)...

Then they traded Roy Williams for a 1st & a 3rd.....

Not sure what they gave up for Pacman Jones but they have now released him....

You know where this is going really fast.