PDA

View Full Version : Sproles anyone??

phinasota
01-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I would love to see this guy come to miami to battle at the running back position. Also, he would save on some bruises to Ginn and Bess returning the ball. You think he would be a good fit here?

CedarPhin
01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Is he even a FA? I really wouldn't want to trade anything for him. He's basically just a scat back. I'll take what we have.

Bigjbizzle2
01-08-2009, 03:41 PM
lol bill parcells and co. would never sign a guy that is 5'6" that is why booker got traded quick unpowerfull backs are useless to this f.o.

juniorseau55
01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
There are rumors that LT won't play for the Chargers next season. I don't really agree with that but we can certaintly use Shaun Alexander as an example. Great years then injuries slow him down.

MiggeMadness
01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
we have Brown, Williams, Cobbs, and Polite.....and you want to talk about upgrading RB??

I think there are other priorities. Like improving the Oline so our backs can get some yards.

flynryan15
01-08-2009, 03:48 PM
we have Brown, Williams, Cobbs, and Polite.....and you want to talk about upgrading RB??

I think there are other priorities. Like improving the Oline so our backs can get some yards.

Agreed!!! Rb was a bright spot this year. We would be better signing Bucannon as DB and let him return kicks to.

hrpuffin
01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I think he can be slowed down considerably if he is the featured back. He doesnt have the huge games when he starts. He has those big games when teams are keyed on LT and he gets to come in and surprise them. Our backfield is allready got the talet, plus his little *** would get killed if we dont worry about our OL first

burger13
01-08-2009, 03:50 PM
lol bill parcells and co. would never sign a guy that is 5'6" that is why booker got traded quick unpowerfull backs are useless to this f.o.

never heard of Dave Meggett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Meggett), huh?

But, we couldn't keep Parmele cause we didn't have room for him on the active roster, so unless we got rid of Ronnie, Ricky or Cobbs....we don't have room for Sproles either.

phinasota
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM

I was thinking more along the lines with another point of attack. I myself was impressed with the running game but did not see any game breaking plays with the running game except against the PATS, GRANTED our o-line wasn't in the best shape. I mean, I believe in R&R and cobbs. I just think for a little guy he is tuff as nails...

I know the Tuna doesn't like little guys but I swear if he was to pick a little guy I bet he would pick sproles. And yes he is a UFA after this year!

eger
01-08-2009, 04:35 PM
He's as good as re-signed. Tomlinson is probably just about as done as Shaun Alexander was and will not be re-signed. Sproles will be back in a Chargers Uni.

briareos
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
first I don't think that SD is gonna let sproles go. He will be cheap to resign, he is no feature back, and he produces well in their system. A keeper for them IMHO

second, we don't need him. I have to agree, that he can be an explosive playmaker, but we got our own playmakers. Offensive skill positions are not the biggest problem with our team.

miabrown23
01-08-2009, 05:18 PM
He's as good as re-signed. Tomlinson is probably just about as done as Shaun Alexander was and will not be re-signed. Sproles will be back in a Chargers Uni.
LT wont be resigned your joking rite. and comparing LT to alexander is just ridiculos

lbmclean_sj
01-08-2009, 05:41 PM

never heard of Joe Morris or Dave Meggett?

3rdandinches
01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I would think with money he would get that you would have to trade Ronnie to sign Sproles!!

eger
01-08-2009, 06:46 PM
LT wont be resigned your joking rite. and comparing LT to alexander is just ridiculos

Re-read my post, LT will not be re-signed. And LT will follow in Alexander's footsteps, from high output top RB in the league to injury plagued RB who will find his way out of the league.

miabrown23
01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Re-read my post, LT will not be re-signed. And LT will follow in Alexander's footsteps, from high output top RB in the league to injury plagued RB who will find his way out of the league.
theres nothing to re-read . alexander played him self out the leauge cause he was never that good. as soon as steve hutchison left seattle alexander no longer had the privledge to run behind him and walter jones thats why alexander suddenly droped off. be honest did you also think that marcus vick was the future qb of the dolphins too

MiZFiT
01-08-2009, 09:14 PM
i think cobbs is our answer returning kick-offs. not sure about punts. but i dont think the chargers will let another LT back-up leave. plus i think we need to get rid of ricky because he is taking away from ronnie TOO much. i know ronnie needs rest because he isnt injury invicible, but cobbs could be a GREAT back-up. dont worry so much about our RB's because that is the last position the dolphins should be thinking about. DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!

greasyObnoxious
01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I would love to see this guy come to miami to battle at the running back position. Also, he would save on some bruises to Ginn and Bess returning the ball. You think he would be a good fit here?

nice player, just not a need. we have enough holes to fill already.

fakespike
01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
never heard of Joe Morris or Dave Meggett?

ever heard of lorenzo booker?

BARF
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
dangerous playmaker no matter the size think leon washington

67Stang
01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I am really trying to understand why anybody who knows anything about this team would talk about spending money on the only position we are set at. It's actually pretty comical.

raving
01-09-2009, 12:40 AM

Wrong! Dave Meggett was the definition of a tiny guy when the NFC east was all about power running. That's not to say Sproles is their guy. But c'mon to make a blanket statement like that based on the fact that Cam Cameron was a debacle of a head coach and an even worse selector in the draft does not mean that cutting that guy booker has anything to do with the trifecta making other decisions about other players!

phinfan_1
01-09-2009, 04:55 AM
I'd love Miami to pick up Sproles, I think he is exactly the kind of back we need...a lot like Dave Meggett but quicker and faster.

GoonBoss
01-09-2009, 04:57 AM
We already have Sproles. His name is Patrick Cobbs.

Phishpunk@WCU
01-09-2009, 11:25 AM

We are set at RB with Brown, Williams, Cobbs, and Polite. Focus on a position that we need help at like LB, G, or DB

emeraldfin
01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
never heard of Dave Meggett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Meggett), huh?

But, we couldn't keep Parmele cause we didn't have room for him on the active roster, so unless we got rid of Ronnie, Ricky or Cobbs....we don't have room for Sproles either.

You know that is something that went very much under the radar. The Fins virtually threw away two draft picks on RB's last season.

enduro
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM

well next we will see: farve anyone?

no thanks to any of them.

burger13
01-09-2009, 11:50 AM
You know that is something that went very much under the radar. The Fins virtually threw away two draft picks on RB's last season.

it appears that way now.....but as of last April, we had serious questions at Running Back.

Ronnie Brown coming off serious knee injury
Ricky Williams could not and should not have been relied upon
Patrick Cobbs had never done anything
Lorenzo Booker was traded

We were very fortunate that the top 3 guys all had things go in the positive direction....but there were no guarantees that any of them would be able to be relied upon. What if Ronnie just wasn't ready? Or if Ricky walked away or failed a drug test, etc. We'd have an unproven Patrick Cobbs and ??

Both would still be with the team if Parmele wasn't so good, that another team signed him away.

They may look like a waste now, but I still don't think they were bad picks.

emeraldfin
01-09-2009, 12:02 PM
it appears that way now.....but as of last April, we had serious questions at Running Back.

Ronnie Brown coming off serious knee injury
Ricky Williams could not and should not have been relied upon
Patrick Cobbs had never done anything
Lorenzo Booker was traded

We were very fortunate that the top 3 guys all had things go in the positive direction....but there were no guarantees that any of them would be able to be relied upon. What if Ronnie just wasn't ready? Or if Ricky walked away or failed a drug test, etc. We'd have an unproven Patrick Cobbs and ??

Both would still be with the team if Parmele wasn't so good, that another team signed him away.

They may look like a waste now, but I still don't think they were bad picks.

Understand what you are saying Burger but I did'nt see the point of letting Chatman go if they were unsure about our crop of RB's. I could understand picking 1 but two was a bit much.

All in all its pretty much a non-issue at this point. But I would hate to see the FO do something similar to that in this seasons one again.

uga3406
01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
we have more needs then him...but he is freakin fast

dlockz
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM

we have no need for him. he would be pricey and we have three good guys already. There is no space for him, hell we could have kept booker if we wanted a smiliar guy. If we want another runningback Deshawn Wynn would be a cheap option.

FINdestructible
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
He would be a good pickup, but we really don't need him, imo. If we didn't have Cobbs i'd say hell yeah, but Cobbs has proved to be a valuable addition to our squad.

MiZFiT
01-09-2009, 10:18 PM
We Dont Need Sproles!!! Kill This Thread!!!

maralieus
01-10-2009, 02:59 AM
Alexander was only good because of Hutchinson. LT is way better than he ever was. As for Darren Sproles, they will not let him go I would bet on it, this league has become all about running back by commitee and they know that. He will be a Charger next season.

Koehler13x
01-10-2009, 03:23 AM
While we're at it we might as well throw Doug Flutie at quarterback and rename the team the Miami Lollipop Guild :rolleyes:

R_t_Kraken
01-10-2009, 03:36 AM
What does he do better than Cobbs? Not much. He could easily fill a similar role here that Sproles does in SD.

miabrown23
01-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Alexander was only good because of Hutchinson. LT is way better than he ever was. As for Darren Sproles, they will not let him go I would bet on it, this league has become all about running back by commitee and they know that. He will be a Charger next season.
thank you thats what i was telling another poster in this thread. he was comparing LT to alexander which imo i thought was ridiculous

ChambersWI
01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
if you're mentioning Booker as a measuring stick, it's a bad choice. The reasons he was traded were because he

A)He can't block. He's a 3rd down back in the NFL at best, if you're gonna be a 3rd down back, you've got to be a somewhat decent blocker

and

B)He can't run inside. If you are not a good blocker you better be able to move the pile to get a first down. Booker can not run inside to save his life. He can be an asset in the passing game, but when the defense sees him in the backfield, you know there is no threat of a run.

Fact is we've learned that Ronnie,Ricky, and Cobbs can all catch, they can all pick up the blitz, and they can run inside (so can Polite), Booker added nothing special to the team.

As for Sproles, if he leaves SD he's going to a team that can give him a chance to start. Teams like Arizona (Edge will be gone, and Hightower/Arrington are not every down backs),Cincy (Perry and Benson), Cleveland (Lewis not as effective as last year) Green Bay (word is they are unimpressed with Wynn and Jackson and already regret giving Grant that extension), Seattle (not impressed with their RBs), and maybe Tampa (CAddy and Graham being injured, and Dunn getting older) could use him

he does add something different than the guys we have, but he wouldn't be getting a better deal than his current gig.