PDA

View Full Version : Drafting in Madden Question

Dolfan54
10-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I've now done two drafts. I still don't have much of a grasp on the scouting. What I wanted to ask was, what do you all normally do for the scouting? I try to look at 3-4 1-3rd rdrs and than concentrate a lot of my efforts on 4-7 since its tough to know when they will leave the board.

Prime Time
10-02-2003, 03:21 PM
I look at alot of first round picks and look for some steals...always got to go with positions you need.

Kamikaze
10-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Here's what I do. You can call it cheating, or call it smart thinking.

First, right before the draft, make sure to save your game. Then enter the draft, and simply let it go on auto. After the draft is over, and the teams have signed their players, go view the rosters. scroll through each team and have a look at each position, then pick out the rookies. You'll be to check all their attributes. Then you simply write down this information in a notebook or what have you for all desireable rookies. I usually don't give any rookies rated under 70 a look, but if I'm very weak at a position I'll dig deeper. Once you have all this written down for each position, simply exit out of your franchise, and don't save. Then reload your franchise, and then go into the draft again, armed with your newfound information.

Again, one could consider this cheating, but if you think it isn't, feel free to use this little trick!

Prime Time
10-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Kamikaze
Here's what I do. You can call it cheating, or call it smart thinking.

First, right before the draft, make sure to save your game. Then enter the draft, and simply let it go on auto. After the draft is over, and the teams have signed their players, go view the rosters. scroll through each team and have a look at each position, then pick out the rookies. You'll be to check all their attributes. Then you simply write down this information in a notebook or what have you for all desireable rookies. I usually don't give any rookies rated under 70 a look, but if I'm very weak at a position I'll dig deeper. Once you have all this written down for each position, simply exit out of your franchise, and don't save. Then reload your franchise, and then go into the draft again, armed with your newfound information.

Again, one could consider this cheating, but if you think it isn't, feel free to use this little trick!

No offense...that is cheating...and takes away fun from the game from the game. I mean having a bust in the 1st round and hvaing a gem in the 4th is part of football as wekk.

Chubby
10-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Its just like real life where college rookies get scouted for 3yrs before there drafted.

Scrap
10-27-2003, 02:46 PM
If I'm in need of a certain position, and the best ones aren't expected to go until the 2nd or 3rd round, I'll just look at other positions of need and hope for a good free agency.