PDA

View Full Version : Man with 21 guns at airport: I'm law-abiding

BAMAPHIN 22
01-11-2009, 02:17 AM
The man arrested at Los Angeles International Airport with a trunk full of guns and nearly 1,000 rounds of ammunition said Saturday that he is a law-abiding weapons enthusiast who had no idea he might be breaking the law.

A day after he was arrested for suspicion of felony transportation of an assault rifle, Phillip Dominguez said he's confident he'll be exonerated.
"I'm a law-abiding, taxpaying gun enthusiast. I have no felonies up until now," Dominguez said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28589280/

ih8brady
01-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Yeah and maybe johns see street hookers because they need someone to talk to.

fatkirstyalley
01-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Were they Squirt Guns?

Ima_Cowboy
01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
yea... as long as he aint shootin up the place it doesnt matter 2 me

ih8brady
01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
yea... as long as he aint shootin up the place it doesnt matter 2 me

Nothing worries you about a random man with the ordnance and hardware of a small military unit at an airport?

GoonBoss
01-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Nothing worries you about a random man with the ordnance and hardware of a small military unit at an airport?

Exagerate much? Do you have any idea the equipment a "Small military unit" has, or are you just engageing in hyperbole to make the story more sensational than it is?

GoonBoss
01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I know this may shock many of you, but do you realize there are weapons taken into airports and legally transported every day? I've done it myself on numerous occasions. Taking a High Risk Personal Security Detail course in LA, I transported my AR-15 and Walther P99 legally. Oddly enough, you just walk into the airport with your weapons in a stiff sided lockable case, and declare to the check in desk that you have a weapon or weapons to declare. You pull out the weapon, show that the chamber and magazine well are clear, fill out a simple tag, and, send it on through.

The guy will get off. There is absolutely nothing illegal about what he was doing. Notice he was arrested on "Suspiscion" of illegally transporting an assault rifle. You know why that is? Because most police officersdon't take thier service weapons out of thier holsters other than to put them in a lock box, or to qualify once a year and have no idea of weapons laws.

Here's a clue for some of you. Psycotics don't usually transport thier weapons in separate lockable cases.

ETA; 1K rounds isn't that much ammo. My eldest son and I went through over 3K round at the range last weekend.

ih8brady
01-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Exagerate much? Do you have any idea the equipment a "Small military unit" has, or are you just engageing in hyperbole to make the story more sensational than it is?

I was in the Navy and 21 arms is more firearms than a unit of dirt sailors I encountered on occasions.

You can love guns all you want and argue how there should be no restrictions, but if you are not following the laws then you are not law abiding.

ih8brady
01-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I know this may shock many of you, but do you realize there are weapons taken into airports and legally transported every day? I've done it myself on numerous occasions. Taking a High Risk Personal Security Detail course in LA, I transported my AR-15 and Walther P99 legally. Oddly enough, you just walk into the airport with your weapons in a stiff sided lockable case, and declare to the check in desk that you have a weapon or weapons to declare. You pull out the weapon, show that the chamber and magazine well are clear, fill out a simple tag, and, send it on through.

The guy will get off. There is absolutely nothing illegal about what he was doing. Notice he was arrested on "Suspiscion" of illegally transporting an assault rifle. You know why that is? Because most police officersdon't take thier service weapons out of thier holsters other than to put them in a lock box, or to qualify once a year and have no idea of weapons laws.

Here's a clue for some of you. Psycotics don't usually transport thier weapons in separate lockable cases.

ETA; 1K rounds isn't that much ammo. My eldest son and I went through over 3K round at the range last weekend.

Is that from experience in the mental health industry or just used to sensationalize the victimhood of gun enthusiasts?

Ima_Cowboy
01-25-2009, 07:32 PM
guns can be trasported legally as long as they are emptied and locked up seperately than the ammunition. You also have to tell the desk people that you have a weapon, then they ask you to prove that they are empty and the ammo is seperated from the guns. u fill out paperwork, they give u a weapons tag, and u r on ur way

ih8brady
01-25-2009, 07:39 PM
guns can be trasported legally as long as they are emptied and locked up seperately than the ammunition. You also have to tell the desk people that you have a weapon, then they ask you to prove that they are empty and the ammo is seperated from the guns. u fill out paperwork, they give u a weapons tag, and u r on ur way

My mother is a cop, I know that firearms can be transported, but 21 guns by a civilian? What's the cutoff point? And surely the employees know the basics of their jobs and wouldn't say anything if this was all standard procedure.

LtDan
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
He wasn't transporting them by air. He said he was just picking someone up at the airport

GoonBoss
01-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Is that from experience in the mental health industry or just used to sensationalize the victimhood of gun enthusiasts?

Which part? All I stated were legal facts as far as I know. Point out the portion you have a question with and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

GoonBoss
01-25-2009, 08:24 PM
My mother is a cop, I know that firearms can be transported, but 21 guns by a civilian? What's the cutoff point? And surely the employees know the basics of their jobs and wouldn't say anything if this was all standard procedure.

There is no cut off point other than with most other constitutional rights. The cutoff point to the 1st Ammendment is reached at Liable, Slander, and, damageing speach such as yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theatre.

The cutoff point to the 2nd ammendment is when it's utilization harms others. How was he harming anyone? He owns a construction company and has never been arrested before. He has every right as garunteed under the Constitution to keep and bear arms.

As to being a "civilian", just whom do you think the citizens of this country are? Is your mom better than me or my mom because she's a cop? Why should your mom be able to own and/or carry a gun, and, a civilian can't?

I fail to see what is wrong with haveing 21 guns. That's really not that many. If you notice, one of the guns was a black powder revolver...:lol: Yeah...Impliment of terror there! I could name right here 21 guns that I would love to own if I could afford them. I own 4 right now, my wife owns two, and, my oldest just got his first gun of his own this christmas.

GoonBoss
01-25-2009, 08:26 PM
He wasn't transporting them by air. He said he was just picking someone up at the airport

He was legally transporting them in his vehicle. The CA police probably just freaked out at a civilian that had the temerity to be a law abideing citizen that knew the law better than him. Note...."Suspicion" of illegally transporting Assault weapons...So, they can't even PROVE that he was breakign the law. They are going to give it to the prosecuter to see if he can press it. He won't, and, it will all go away. I would be fileing a civil suit.

ih8brady
01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Which part? All I stated were legal facts as far as I know. Point out the portion you have a question with and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

So, did you just use this to sensationalize victimhood or do you specialize in psychological behavior?

GoonBoss
01-25-2009, 09:07 PM
So, did you just use this to sensationalize victimhood or do you specialize in psychological behavior?

Ah! Very good. I should've seen that. Again, I'll be happy to answer;

As far as sensationalizeing victimhood, I'm not sure that's possible when one is, in fact the victim. He was doing nothing wrong. He was legally transporting guns. Again, he was arrested on suspiscion. That means the police could not prove that he was doing anything illegal.

I hold no degree, but, does it make any sense to you that somone that had an intent to do harm to somone would transport his weapons in separate lockable cases?

You're just miffed at my hyperbole comment, I see. 21 firearms are not enough to properly arm a small military unit. I've been in them, so, I do know that.....Specially when one of those firearms is a black powder revolver :lol:.

Are you in law enforcment BTW? No trap question there...I just want to know.

greenhumanjames
01-28-2009, 02:56 AM
wow thats crazy.

PassRush
02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I am stunned to see people reacting as though this man was carrying weapons with hostile intent. It is pretty obvious that there was none. Hell, just last week I picked my buddy up from the airport with my 10mm Glock straped in an ankle holster(CCW of coarse). I personaly own two assault rifles. This case will get dropped, but its a shame that a law abiding citizen is being put through this.

CedarPhin
02-01-2009, 04:26 PM
As long as he had them locked away in his luggage, and wasn't planning to use them on a crowd of people, I see no problem in this at all.