elite14eva
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=137753

JPPT1974
01-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Never heard of the guy! Must be new!

ChambersWI
01-11-2009, 11:21 PM
not surprised. For a young offensive coach, the Broncos are a very attractive job.

He also comes from the Bill Billicheck tree so he probably has a good idea about how to run a D

djfresh47
01-12-2009, 12:38 AM
not surprised. For a young offensive coach, the Broncos are a very attractive job.

He also comes from the Bill Billicheck tree so he probably has a good idea about how to run a D

Mangini has been average, Crennel was a failure, Saban was a failure, and Weis is failing at ND. I do think that Denver is a good job because they've already got the Qb situation solved. Plus KC and Oakland are a mess right now. Norv Turner will never be a good HC. Rather than taking a job just for taking it I think this is a good move by McDaniels.

Tetragrammaton
01-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't see him as being successful.

To be honest, Tom Brady is the offensive coordinator of that system. What he did with Cassel was impressive, but Cassel had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. Also, Denver already has a high powered offense. He is going to need a slam dunk of a defensive coordinator to right the ship in any way.

eric1589
01-12-2009, 03:01 AM
i remember reading something about the dolphins making one of our defensive coaches, who is also an assistant coach to sparano, available for talks for the denver head coach position.

emeraldfin
01-12-2009, 06:16 AM
With the weapons on the offense already in place at Denver (apart from a RB) McDaniels just needs to get the D sorted out really. With alot of pieces already in place at Denver, this was a great job for a new coach to get.

ChambersWI
01-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Mangini has been average, Crennel was a failure, Saban was a failure, and Weis is failing at ND. I do think that Denver is a good job because they've already got the Qb situation solved. Plus KC and Oakland are a mess right now. Norv Turner will never be a good HC. Rather than taking a job just for taking it I think this is a good move by McDaniels.

As a pro coach Saban was a failure yes, but he's still a great coach

Mangini has been mediocre but he did get a raw deal in NY IMO

Weis is actually a very good recruiter, but is a poor coach

The one thing I do like about McDaniels though is that he's not obsessed with the 3-4.

CedarPhin
01-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Maybe he can take Pioli with him.

djfresh47
01-12-2009, 01:19 PM
As a pro coach Saban was a failure yes, but he's still a great coach

Mangini has been mediocre but he did get a raw deal in NY IMO

Weis is actually a very good recruiter, but is a poor coach

The one thing I do like about McDaniels though is that he's not obsessed with the 3-4.

I think it says something about Weis when he gets elite recruiting classes but still can't win. Mangini IMO did get a raw deal. People act like he was Richie Kotite. I think Saban could've been successful. He just didn't want to be in the pro game. Denver is a good job. McDaniels goes into a good situation where he can win games.

satz
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
This is official atleast per BB

4.00 PM he released this
"Josh McDaniels is one of the finest people and brightest, most talented coaches I have ever worked with. Since joining us eight years ago, Josh performed a variety of roles and excelled in every one of them. Between his work on defense, in scouting, player evaluation and coordinating the offense, Josh is a very well-rounded coach whose outstanding body of work speaks for itself. He is the product of a pure football environment which is evident in his approach to the game. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, we thank Josh for tremendous success in New England and congratulate him and the McDaniels family for this most deserving opportunity for advancement."

Darth CarlSatan
01-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Maybe he can take Pioli with him.

Too late; Pioli is our man now. I can't even begin to describe the magnitude of this hire; 20 years of mediocrity and mental anguish have finally come to an end.
Scott did his introductory presser yesterday, and buzzed everybody big time. It's hard for most of us to even grasp what it will be like to see this franchise run the Platinum Standard Way as opposed to the Carl-Mart Blue Light Special Method.

Herm and his crew of *******ery should be gone by next week, the pretenders are headed back to college, and both Matt and Mark have declared for the 2009 Draft.

I have never in my 15 years of fandom seen the stars align so quickly in the space of a week.

Things are about to get very interesting.