PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the Wildcat will show up in Madden?

gsuth206
01-12-2009, 05:05 PM
I think it would be pretty cool if they add it to the formations in madden.

finfanatic13
01-12-2009, 05:09 PM
to my knowledge, it was in the madden 09 demo but was pulled b/c they belieed it carried an unfair advantage for online play. they should put it in madden 10 tho especially since it was a vital part of our offense and was used by other teams too.

mrodriguez4096
01-12-2009, 05:13 PM
While I love playing Madden online, PS3 version. I can't wait to see how some of these people will cheese using this formation. I only hope to find people online that are willing to play as if it were real football. It's funny because I'll get online and use the Dolphins and people will pick the flavor of the month team (i.e. Cowboys, Pats, Pitt). I have to laugh how they need to pick teams like that to compete with someone picking a team rated 78, I think. Well, I too hope that the Wildcat is in next year's version I just don't look forward to how some people will exploit it.

SR 7
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
it will be a major glitch. ppl alreayd do it wthi the punt formation HB run and even the direct snap. its a major issue and mind u im one of hte better players in madden. if its a avg joe he wont be able to stop it.

Rhody Phins Fan
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure they will because a.) it seems like a lot of work would be involved to get that into the game, b.) Madden has always had pretty stupid blockers which would hurt the formation and c.) runningbacks throwing ratings are so bad that its hard to just lob the ball to a wide open player with them.

Dfootball11
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
to my knowledge, it was in the madden 09 demo but was pulled b/c they belieed it carried an unfair advantage for online play. they should put it in madden 10 tho especially since it was a vital part of our offense and was used by other teams too.

why would it be unfair.. u can select whatever playbook before u play the game..

benelli1979
01-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I think it will be in there. But I agree that it will probably be a bit buggy as hell but that never stops EA from putting stuff in a game. They are the worst.

outlawd2u
01-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I think it will be and I don't think it will be nearly as effective as most people think it will.

Shogun Samurai
01-12-2009, 05:40 PM

it would be nice but I'm sure people online will find a way to abuse it like they do with everything else

BROWN 23
01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
if u get headcoach 09 u can create the wildcat and then export it to madden 09, let me know if u want the wildcat plays. i made about 10 different plays., my xbox 360 gamertag is Br0wn 23, u must have madden 09 and headcoach 09. i can upload the plays on the game then u can download them. the wildcat works just like it does in real life, sometimes its real good. sometimes u barely get back to the line of scrimmage.

finfanatic13
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
why would it be unfair.. u can select whatever playbook before u play the game..

just posting what i read. i never play online but supposidly in the demo gamers were complaining that people were using it like crazy (some even using it on every play), thus creating an unfair advantage and thats why it was pulled. im guessing it worked pretty well then huh?

MiamiMike74
01-12-2009, 07:57 PM
doesn't ea sports say, if it's in the game, it's in the game?

Jimi
01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
EA can make it as bug-free, effective or ineffective as they want. There is no reason they couldnt include a cheese-less Wildcat formation.

houtz
01-12-2009, 11:05 PM
I think with absolute 100% certainty it'll be in 2010. Although I agree that most guys online will abuse it a great way to avoid this is finding a real straight, sim league where players obey by the rules and play as if it's a real NFL game.

I'm in a league that if anyone is interested should go check it out.

http://www.madden-players-league.com

Great league with an amazing community and great players. It's a PS3 league.

finfanatic13
01-12-2009, 11:13 PM
doesn't ea sports say, if it's in the game, it's in the game?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

EA is the worst for an "authentic" game experience. It took them until just this year with 09 to put the all white uni's in the game. anyone who ever played the nfl 2k series can tell u that game destroyed madden in presentation. madden slaps the "espn" sticker on the game and there is NO espn influence whatsoever. espn 2k is still the only game ive played where it felt like i was playing in an actual game (true espn broadcast presentation, player intros, half time show, interviews with players, fans with signs and jerseys goin nuts in the stands). man...that game was SICK!

phinfan33
01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
wow,i can't believe how much alot of you guys are into Madden,and will even throw it out there in comparison to a real football game...and don't tell me that some of you don't,because i've read posts where a video game was compared to an actual football game...but hey,to each their own...

luduporcu
01-13-2009, 01:47 AM

"MADDEN" is for idiots. So is "fantasy football".

houtz
01-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Madden is for fans of the NFL. No matter how good or bad the game is I will continue to buy it because I'm a fan of the NFL.

On a side note, I haven't used a team other then the Fins online and I've played a good 130 games.