PDA

View Full Version : Faith-based programs to help shape Bush legacy

BAMAPHIN 22
01-14-2009, 05:49 PM
To hear Jean Patterson Cushman tell it, President Bush's faith-based initiative has been critical for her Baltimore organization that helps ex-prisoners find new jobs.

Infused with $2.3 million in grant money from a Department of Labor initiative, Cushman's group, Episcopal Community Services of Maryland, has moved from helping 50 men and women a year to 200.

"I would say it's made a fundamental change in what we could do," said Cushman, who hosted Bush during a visit to her agency nearly a year ago. "We were a little program, sort of going along by ourselves. ... It's just opened up so many doors for us."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-01-13-bush-faith-based_N.htm

Dolphan7
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Yay. Faith based initiatives funded by the govt have a place in our society, and it isn't an establishment of religion. We should all be happy.

Tetragrammaton
01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Yay. Faith based initiatives funded by the govt have a place in our society, and it isn't an establishment of religion. We should all be happy.

As long as the money goes to a variety of religious programs, I agree with you completely. You cannot argue with the results.

And thanks to me, you are contradicting your signature. Get to work!