PDA

View Full Version : Seems to be a lot of WR coming out are there any that we might be interested in

madmic21
01-14-2009, 08:08 PM
I know that Bill P. doesn't seem to be that interested in taking a WR in the draft, but I believe with the depth that seems to be forming with all these WR declaring there may be some intriging choices. I think that this team needs a big possession wideout that can win individual battles on a consistant basis. Let me preface this with some of my currents opinions. Ginn is never gonna be the type of Wr that his draft spot would suggest. Not his fault it was a bad move to take him there, and I like Ginn I think he will be a good 2 or 3 and will have an impact in Ginn type plays and I can live and be happy with that. I see Bess being a good little WR also but Ginn, Bess, and Cam, will never be that WR that can win those battles on 3 and 8 consistantly. So like I said before (I don't want to be bashed on this) I like Ginn, Bess, and Cam I think they all fill roles that are valuable but I am looking for a more traditional #1. I don't expect us to take one with our first 2 picks or really care for us to because we still have more important holes to fill. But I would like for us to find a good WR using our 2nd pick in the 2nd round or shortly thereafter. So I would like to hear some opinions and ideas on this topic. Let me know of what WR's you think will be availiable when we make our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and if they are worth taking a look at. thanks

X-Pacolypse
01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
D.J. Boldin. Yes, Miami can have a "Boldin" on it's roster. Plus, it won't cost as nearly as much as the other one.

Geforce
01-14-2009, 08:18 PM
I know that Bill P. doesn't seem to be that interested in taking a WR in the draft, but I believe with the depth that seems to be forming with all these WR declaring there may be some intriging choices. I think that this team needs a big possession wideout that can win individual battles on a consistant basis. Let me preface this with some of my currents opinions. Ginn is never gonna be the type of Wr that his draft spot would suggest. Not his fault it was a bad move to take him there, and I like Ginn I think he will be a good 2 or 3 and will have an impact in Ginn type plays and I can live and be happy with that. I see Bess being a good little WR also but Ginn, Bess, and Cam, will never be that WR that can win those battles on 3 and 8 consistantly. So like I said before (I don't want to be bashed on this) I like Ginn, Bess, and Cam I think they all fill roles that are valuable but I am looking for a more traditional #1. I don't expect us to take one with our first 2 picks or really care for us to because we still have more important holes to fill. But I would like for us to find a good WR using our 2nd pick in the 2nd round or shortly thereafter. So I would like to hear some opinions and ideas on this topic. Let me know of what WR's you think will be availiable when we make our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and if they are worth taking a look at. thanks
IMO there is no such thing because #1 receivers in the NFL range from Marvin Harrison to Randy Moss to Terrell Owen to Steve Smith of Carolina. They are all different and they all bring something different to the table.

dlockz
01-14-2009, 08:21 PM
crabtree would be awesome but will be long gone

MCHammer
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Kenny Britt

madmic21
01-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I realize that traditional may be too incomplete (no pun intended or or maybe it was) to describe my desire for a #1 but I think you may know what I mean. A WR that demands the attention of more than 1 defender and can win man on man match-ups.

finfan54
01-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Houzmanzadah would be perfect for Pennington.

athrun340
01-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Chad Johnson anyone?

madmic21
01-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Was looking more at the draft. I suppose we will see after FA if this is still a need. I like both of these WR's but they will come with significant cost. (picks and money compared to a late 2nd to 4th round pick.

TheBow305
I hope we can get either Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt.

Or sign Houshmandzadeh.

Valandui
Ramses Barden

madmic21
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Man from what I have seen of Nicks that would be awesome but would he be available this late?

TheBow305
01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Ramses Barden

I'd take him if we could get him in round 3 or 4.

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Nicks, Britt, or Barden.

I wanna see these guys run at the combine.

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
maybe pat white as well, like a brad smith for the jets or josh cribbs for the browns

madmic21
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I appreciate all the feed back could you guys list attributes if possible? 40 time, size, pass catching ability, school, year, ect.

utahphinsfan
01-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Brandon LaFell (LSU) declared earlier today. He is my pick.

So, a current and partial but temporary mock would be;

1) Greg Hardy DE/OLB Ole Miss
2a) Sean Smith CB Utah homer pick but a need as well
2b) Brace NT BC
3) LaFell

The 2nd and 3rd round picks are interchangable IMO.

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
here http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/prospects/wr.html bunch of good stuff

X-Pacolypse
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I appreciate all the feed back could you guys list attributes if possible? 40 time, size, pass catching ability, school, year, ect.

All you need to know about D.J. Boldin:

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/boldin_dj00.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LUxsN1lAMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcxfWxZyco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJCBOGEWK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nXBLGywAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-T4XDWJVew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ZTB41jves

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
it only has the seniors tho i believe

Fins77
01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Kenny Britt is a beast I would love to draft him but the only problem with some of the wide-outs is that Pennington doesn't have the arm to utilize them correctly

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
your not gonna find many accurate 40 times that are too accurate til the combine and pro days. Dont trust draft sites they just guestimate their times

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 08:57 PM
sorry this site might be a little better http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009underclassmen.php this is just underclassmen

madmic21
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
thought Nicks was taller

madmic21
01-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Kenny Britt is a beast I would love to draft him but the only problem with some of the wide-outs is that Pennington doesn't have the arm to utilize them correctly

I don't believe that he is that fast. Wouldn't accuracy have a greater effect for a muscle type WR?

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes, if he is a muscle type receiver than you would want a more accurate QB, which we have. Either one of these guys Nicks or Britt both have the potential to be #1 receivers.

cheyannefan
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
I think a good later round pick (4th maybe) would be Brian Robiskie. With all of the Wideouts coming out this year he may slide big time. He is a posession type guy who can make spectacular catches.

Beasley
01-14-2009, 09:30 PM
aaron kelly....6-5...190 out of clemson

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kelly_aaron00.html

MAdolfan
01-14-2009, 09:35 PM
aaron kelly is def someone to keep your eyes one. Before the season was rated very very high. Had a good bowl game, and i think its someone to watch.

Robiskie too. But we already have enough ohio state receivers on this team...

Beasley
01-14-2009, 11:30 PM
ya kelly had a QB that struggled aslo

Dors156
01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
IMO, Nicks is the best reciever in the draft after Crabtree. I wouldnt mind using our 1st pick for him.

Chainsaw
01-15-2009, 12:03 AM
I think that Ginn is coming into his own and will be a good WR to have in a combination with another number one. With Ginn and a guy like Housh, Henderson or a young guy that can produce in their first year or two with a QB like Henne, they would be a solid number 1 and 1A.

Remember Harrison is small like Ginn and was a number one for a long time. I don't think we have to have a 6'4 guy to be considered a number one anyway. Steve Smith does it at like 5"9.

So, I am fine with two guys with speed and the ability to come in and out of breaks fast OR beat you over the top as a combo like when we had with Duper and Clayton.

The bigger key for me is moving on and letting Penny be the backup and letting one of the young guns takeover that can stretch the field and utilize these WRs speed. Without that, it really doesn't matter what we have at WR.

SamIam
01-15-2009, 01:51 AM
IMO, Nicks is the best reciever in the draft after Crabtree. I wouldnt mind using our 1st pick for him.

I agree totally... he looks like Reggie Wayne to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAO6GfkEDqo

#1dolphinsfan
01-15-2009, 02:04 AM
Hakeem Nicks and DJ boldin

SamIam
01-15-2009, 02:07 AM
I think Hakeem the Dream could be available with our 2a :d-day:

Dolfan4life34
01-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Britt will be the best recieve to come out of this draft class mark it down when he runs a 4.3 at his size everyone gonna jump on this guy

blackthought
01-15-2009, 02:38 AM
IMO there is no such thing because #1 receivers in the NFL range from Marvin Harrison to Randy Moss to Terrell Owen to Steve Smith of Carolina. They are all different and they all bring something different to the table.

:err: The Number 1 distinction speaks to their consistency at making plays not their stature. But my list of WR is short Britt, Nicks, Orton, or Barden. Theirs depth at the position but only a few really intriguing players, throw White in their as well as Williams PSU and Turner from USC.

greasyObnoxious
01-15-2009, 07:53 AM
we have 4 WRs with 6 years of exp between them. i think signing a veteran would help us a lot more than drafting another young WR that takes 2-3 years to develop.

DubVman
01-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Don't think BP would but IMO Nicks is worth our #1 then go interior line with both 2nds

crazyfin
01-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Hakeem Nicks all the way!!!!!!

utahphinsfan
01-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Remember Harrison is small like Ginn and was a number one for a long time. I don't think we have to have a 6'4 guy to be considered a number one anyway. Steve Smith does it at like 5"9.

But Steve is complemented by Mushin Muhammad.

A name IMO that is flying way under the radar is; Greg Jones of Florida St. He's 6'6" 200 I believe. He is someone that if Buford T Justice (aka Bobby Bowden) could have ever have decided on a QB could have easily been a 1st rounder. As I see it now, he should be available in the 3rd or 4th.

Geforce
01-15-2009, 01:28 PM
But Steve is complemented by Mushin Muhammad.

A name IMO that is flying way under the radar is; Greg Jones of Florida St. He's 6'6" 200 I believe. He is someone that if Buford T Justice (aka Bobby Bowden) could have ever have decided on a QB could have easily been a 1st rounder. As I see it now, he should be available in the 3rd or 4th.
I think you mean Greg CARR who is 6'6" 215. He'll be a late round pick, if at all, because of his lack of speed and the number of underclassmen that are entering the draft.

Dr. Phin
01-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Maclin. I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned until now. Since Cody isn't coming out and either is Herzlich...Maclin is my next pick...that may be there when we pick anyway...

utahphinsfan
01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I think you mean Greg CARR who is 6'6" 215. He'll be a late round pick, if at all, because of his lack of speed and the number of underclassmen that are entering the draft.

I did mean Carr. For whatever reason, i was thinking of the big nasty FB from FSU who was w/ Jacksonville for awhile. Silly me. Thanks.

DubVman
01-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Maclin. I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned until now. Since Cody isn't coming out and either is Herzlich...Maclin is my next pick...that may be there when we pick anyway...

Maclin is another deep threat we have Ginn we need a possesion receiver not a burner! HAKEEM NICKS

Dors156
01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
I think Hakeem the Dream could be available with our 2a :d-day:
I disagree. As of now that could be the case but I feel the closer we get to the draft after the combine and such, Nicks will be a first rounder maybe within our range.

Dr. Phin
01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Maclin is another deep threat we have Ginn we need a possesion receiver not a burner! HAKEEM NICKS

Have you watched Maclin? He was used for everything...short...long...runs...kick returns...you name it. He is not just a deep threat. I watched both Nicks and Maclin...I would take Maclin first.

Chainsaw
01-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Have you watched Maclin? He was used for everything...short...long...runs...kick returns...you name it. He is not just a deep threat. I watched both Nicks and Maclin...I would take Maclin first.
I agree. I think Maclin is a beast. A WR doesn't have to be 6'3" or 6'4" to be a possession guy. He just needs to get open and have good hands. Maclin might be THE best WR in this class even over Crabtree.

I really doubt he makes it down to us anyway. But if he does, we need to jump all over that guy.

Nicks IMHO can be grouped in with a lot of guys like LaFell, Britt, Murphy, Massaquoi and Iglesias. I even would rather have Harvin over Nicks. Harvin just reminds me a lot like Steve Smith. There just aren't many burners who are also that strong and quick. Taller guys can fight better for the ball. But, they are also slower out of their breaks usually. So, it is give and take.

Honestly, there are quite a few good WR prospects out there. I guess it will just be which guy fits our system.

The Codfather
01-15-2009, 11:25 PM
I can't see Bill/Jeff going for a WR in the first round. If I had to guess, it would be one of these 4 with the Jason Taylor (from Washington) 2nd r.d.c -

Massaquoi, Georgia - Iglesias, Oklahoma - Britt, Rutgers (Bill loves Jersey guys) - Williams, Penn State

Chainsaw
01-16-2009, 03:33 AM
I can't see Bill/Jeff going for a WR in the first round. If I had to guess, it would be one of these 4 with the Jason Taylor (from Washington) 2nd r.d.c -

Massaquoi, Georgia - Iglesias, Oklahoma - Britt, Rutgers (Bill loves Jersey guys) - Williams, Penn State
I tend to want to agree with you there. I see them going defense in the first round. But, I guess it will depend mostly on what we get in FA and who we resign and who we don't. Heck, they might fill defense in FA and go offense in the draft. And I think WR is the biggest need on offense right now.

CedarPhin
01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Nicks, Barden, Britt, Kelly from Clemson or Heyward-Bey (in no particular order)

Crono139
01-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Louis Murphy as a late round pick.

jim1
01-18-2009, 10:16 AM

Louis Murphy might be an option in the 3rd.

Dr. Phin
01-18-2009, 01:55 PM

Oh...I agree with you on that. I don't think we will go after Maclin with our first. It is just that the thread was about WR's... My first guess at who we will take, Cody, is not coming out...So, I am not sure right now who we will actually take now...